Is GolfWRX even relevant anymore?

Springbok

I like GolfWrx.  Better BST by a mile.  Better club building knowledge, and the tour WITB are genuinely fascinating to me.  Also I've been there since 2009 so there's some inertia.

I have only recently discovered MGS, and I like it too.  The 2019 ball test is possibly the most interesting thing I've ever read pertaining to golf equipment, and the MTBX in my signature is there as a direct result of the test.  

I think the "fully rounded" internet golfer will gain things from both forums and neither experience should be left out.

However, it's weird how I play to a +1 with an 8.5 driver with a 6.5TX Smoke Green @120mph on GolfWRX, and a -8 with a 9.5 with a 70S Ahina @105mph on MGS!!!!  LOL.

Edited by csamsh
  • Like 8

PXG 0811 X/70S Ahina
Cobra F9 Tour/80S Diamana B
Mizuno MP18 FliHi (3) MMC (4-P)/Tensei White X
Maltby M Tour 50&58/KBS 610 125S+
Evnroll ER2.2
Snell MTBX

59 minutes ago, csamsh said:

I like GolfWrx.  Better BST by a mile.  Better club building knowledge, and the tour WITB are genuinely fascinating to me.  Also I've been there since 2009 so there's some inertia.

I have only recently discovered MGS, and I like it too.  The 2019 ball test is possibly the most interesting thing I've ever read pertaining to golf equipment, and the MTBX in my signature is there as a direct result of the test.  

I think the "fully rounded" internet golfer will gain things from both forums and neither experience should be left out.

However, it's weird how I play to a +1 with an 8.5 driver with a 6.5TX Smoke Green @120mph on GolfWRX, and a -8 with a 9.5 with a 70S Ahina @105mph on MGS!!!!  LOL.

LOL!  Well  said!

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

16 hours ago, bellken said:

I enjoy golfwrx. The only forum, where, I have actually won something, and, got selected to test the Honma TR20. Great driver, even for a slow and not so young golfer such as myself. 

That's an interesting way to view things. I like forums for the content and discussion; getting gear is always fun and exciting, but not the primary reason I choose to post places.

There's another forum where I was able to receive a number of free clubs & accessories over a number of years, which was very nice and I'll always be grateful for. However, the content of the forum, direction that some discussions were forced to take, way over the top mod actions (or complete inactions at times), and the discouragement of sharing experiences with certain brands made me realize it wasn't the best place to chat golf. Winning things didn't make the discussions and content any better, at least not for me. WRX, for me, is a place to get some solid info on instruction and tips from some very good, qualified instructors. That's always been the highlight of that particular forum for me over the years.

• Like 5

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

3 hours ago, russtopherb said:

That's an interesting way to view things. I like forums for the content and discussion; getting gear is always fun and exciting, but not the primary reason I choose to post places.

There's another forum where I was able to receive a number of free clubs & accessories over a number of years, which was very nice and I'll always be grateful for. However, the content of the forum, direction that some discussions were forced to take, way over the top mod actions (or complete inactions at times), and the discouragement of sharing experiences with certain brands made me realize it wasn't the best place to chat golf. Winning things didn't make the discussions and content any better, at least not for me. WRX, for me, is a place to get some solid info on instruction and tips from some very good, qualified instructors. That's always been the highlight of that particular forum for me over the years.

I think my post may be getting interpreted a bit differently, than I intended. Getting free stuff isn't the reason I enjoy golfwrx. 

I was just stating the fact, that I enjoy golfwrx, and, it is the only golf forum, where I have won stuff, and, been selected to test equipment. I have been a member of golfwrx for 14+ years, and, member of other golf forums, too. I have just been a bit luckier with golfwrx.  fwiw, the Course and Travel sub-forum on golfwrx is a good resource. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bellken said:

I think my post may be getting interpreted a bit differently, than I intended. Getting free stuff isn't the reason I enjoy golfwrx. 

I was just stating the fact, that I enjoy golfwrx, and, it is the only golf forum, where I have won stuff, and, been selected to test equipment. I have been a member of golfwrx for 14+ years, and, member of other golf forums, too. I have just been a bit luckier with golfwrx.  fwiw, the Course and Travel sub-forum on golfwrx is a good resource. 

I dIdn't think that was the point of your post.  I got what you were saying. 

We did a TR20 testing here as well.  You might check it out to see how some of the results compared to yours.  

Glad to have you aboard here as well v

• Like 6

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

WRX is OK, but since I don't drive it 300+ pretty much anything I have to say gets ignored. Sometime when you mention the clubs that you play on other sites, they act as though you're a leper. I don't post here that often, been around for a while but I enjoy the atmosphere at MGS.

• Like 7

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Alta CB- 55

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

:bettinardi-1: BB-41

Grips- GP MCC+4

I actually just discovered MGS tonight while doing a search for something golf related, I've been a member at WRX for 10+ years. I like all the new content here (new to me) and going forward I will be spending equal amounts of time reading up on what MGS has to offer.

• Like 8

Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 10.5°, ATMOS Black TS 7x
Titleist TS2 16.5°, HZRDUS Smoke 70g 6.0
Wilson Staff Model Utility 21°, Tensei CK Blue 80HYx 
Wilson Staff Model Blades 4-PW, DG S300
Mizuno T20 50°-7°, DG Wedge S300
Taylormade Hi-Toe 56°-10°, KBS HI-REV 2.0 120g
Taylormade Hi-Toe 60°-12°, DG 120 Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 35"

reading up on what MGS has to offer.

And hopefully contributing. We value everyone's opinion here - which makes MGS very unique.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 9

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

One or two or more thoughts about the subject,,,,,,,,,,,

I stopped going to GolfWrx due to the ADDS and the Equipment "reviews" which equal late night infomercials, every time  one of the big boys releases a new product you are sure to read "Best yet" "many will love the new" "leap in technology",,,,,,,, EVERY product CANNOT be the "best yet" every product CANNOT be loved.

Tiger Woods love affair, every week there is a Tiger Woods love article! One was about his "performance" in a tournament we missed the top 10, the winner was mentioned ONCE and ther was NO PICTURE OF HIM. Look I like Tiger but good gosh man,,, enough is enough !!!

The weekly series on watches, seriously? Yet, it my personal pet-peeve,  how did a 10K watch help the winner? 

And finally, I don't drive the ball 365 yards with a Titanium-Magnesium Driver head with lunar dust impregnated XXX-stiff, 4 inch tipped tour issued shaft 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

19 minutes ago, MadMex said:

One or two or more thoughts about the subject,,,,,,,,,,,

I stopped going to GolfWrx due to the ADDS and the Equipment "reviews" which equal late night infomercials, every time  one of the big boys releases a new product you are sure to read "Best yet" "many will love the new" "leap in technology",,,,,,,, EVERY product CANNOT be the "best yet" every product CANNOT be loved.

Tiger Woods love affair, every week there is a Tiger Woods love article! One was about his "performance" in a tournament we missed the top 10, the winner was mentioned ONCE and ther was NO PICTURE OF HIM. Look I like Tiger but good gosh man,,, enough is enough !!!

The weekly series on watches, seriously? Yet, it my personal pet-peeve,  how did a 10K watch help the winner? 

And finally, I don't drive the ball 365 yards with a Titanium-Magnesium Driver head with lunar dust impregnated XXX-stiff, 4 inch tipped tour issued shaft 

I got so tired of all the Tiger love, I commented about it. The Mods didn't like that I called them out and kicked me off. I have not cried one bit, I love MGS and all the people are very nice!

• Like 6

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

12 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I got so tired of all the Tiger love, I commented about it. The Mods didn't like that I called them out and kicked me off. I have not cried one bit, I love MGS and all the people are very nice!

I did not get a warning, my anti-Tiger post was removed.  

• Like 3

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

On 8/15/2020 at 8:13 PM, bellken said:

I enjoy golfwrx. The only forum, where, I have actually won something, and, got selected to test the Honma TR20. Great driver, even for a slow and not so young golfer such as myself. 

Come on over to the MGS TR20 testing page and weigh in! (link in signature)

• Like 1

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

On 8/31/2020 at 11:09 AM, golfingbrock said:

Come on over to the MGS TR20 testing page and weigh in! (link in signature)

I have, already, been in that thread. The MGS testers really put us "golfwrx testers" to shame with the amount of data and detail in their reviews. I haven't felt comfortable providing any data, because, I have been working on my swing, and, most indoor hitting bays (locally) are dimly lit, which, seem to mess with my set up. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bellken said:

The format here and tester expectations are really good and laid out for us, with grading scale and expectations for a thorough review. Would love to hear your thoughts on the Honma

• Like 2

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

On 8/30/2020 at 6:23 PM, MadMex said:

You sure it was WRX?🙄

• Like 2

Grips- GP MCC+4

I thought it would never happened, but I just got picked on WRX to review a putter. I am not as active of a participant over there, so I'm not that well known over there. (not that i am a superstar on here lol, but i definitely hang out a lot here).

• Like 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

I thought it would never happened, but I just got picked on WRX to review a putter. I am not as active of a participant over there, so I'm not that well known over there. (not that i am a superstar on here lol, but i definitely hang out a lot here).

Congratulations! Sure you’ll do well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I joined here a few years ago mostly researching clubs.  I’ve Been a member on wrx for maybe 10 yrs and posted often but I never get into debates or confrontations.   The site is a mess right now and agree with others you have the blade vs sgi debate , oh I need blades to make me concentrate  more , I need xx shaft latest and greatest ultra low spin head and shaft .

it seems once they started getting major sponsors it started to decline with Too many ads and favoritism .  

I think a lot of the older members moved on, crazy when you have new members playing bogey golf and giving swing advice to pro teachers lol 

• Like 1

That's another reason I like MGS is because they don't show favoritism(at least I haven't seen it) to guys in testing products. It's kind of obvious when you see it happen over and over again on other sites.

• Love 1

Grips- GP MCC+4

On 8/16/2020 at 1:24 PM, russtopherb said:

Samesies. 

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1