Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The LPGA First Major Of The Year Starts Today

tony@CIC

8 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

Wow, 10 under in a major! The only time e I've ever been 10 under is at the poker table (and I crushed that number).

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yup Ko tied the course record today with a -10, what a comeback. 

Edit: Lots of interesting moves on the leaderboard today besides Ko. Nelly Korda coming back to finish with a tie for 4rd, Ally Ewing coming back after a rough start this morning and finishing 7th - which is her best finish on  LPGA Tour. 

Congrats to Patty T. for a great win!

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Pretty impressive win especially for a LPGA rookie

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Pretty impressive win especially for a LPGA rookie

Interestingly I had heard her sports psychologist was there on Wednesday. Guess that last minute coaching really helped.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Patty was awesome.  She drove it so well for someone so long.  But she also made some clutch short game saves when she must've been feeling some pressure.  Interesting that she never looked at a scoreboard long enough to know what Lydia was doing.  Smart move by Patty's caddie to not tell her either.  

I hope to see much more of that kind of play by Lydia this year.  

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash Driver & 3W

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Flash 2H

:srixon-small: ZX 3U

:cleveland-small: Cobra F7 4-5H

:mizuno-small: MP-32 3-PW OR :srixon-small:Z745 5-PW

:srixon-small: AW 51

:ping-small: 2.0 Glide Stealth 55 & 60

:ping-small: B60 Putter

On 4/4/2021 at 9:38 AM, Middler said:

Well the 2021 ANWA wasn’t nearly as much fun to watch as the 2019. Everyone collapsed, so the winner was the player who went backwards the least. The #1 ranked player while in the lead, took an 8 on #13, and never recovered. Too bad. Augusta is an intimidating stage, especially for young amateurs. Hopefully the ANA and Valero will be better today. And next week is the greatest event of the year!

Shows how young these players are.  You could really feel the pressure getting to them.  I disagree with your statement that they all collapsed though.  Kajitani shot 72 and Migliaccio shot 70.  Kajitani's only real hiccup was the double on 17 but she was clutch on 18.  There was plenty of backsliding but the two playoff contenders definitely deserved to be there.  

6 hours ago, Sevefan said:

Shows how young these players are.  You could really feel the pressure getting to them.  I disagree with your statement that they all collapsed though.  Kajitani shot 72 and Migliaccio shot 70.  Kajitani's only real hiccup was the double on 17 but she was clutch on 18.  There was plenty of backsliding but the two playoff contenders definitely deserved to be there.  

You’re welcome to your opinion. The leaders and favorites all collapsed on Saturday - Zhang (an 8 on #13?), Mehaffey, Lindblad, and Fredgaard. And Katijani’s double bogey on 17 isn’t exactly what most tournament winners do, but she survived to win. Migliaccio played well to get into a playoff, and then turned in a bogey on the first playoff hole after chilly dipping her pitch? These are the top ranked amateurs in the world, not ordinary players.

In context as I prefaced my post, the 2021 ANWA finish was nothing like the excitement and great performances Fassi and Kupcho turned in for the 2019 AMWA.E7B266AD-3E38-402E-A2B3-596D021E2D6D.jpeg.f21fb85ea6364d0f8b0ee317c73a0692.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

You’re welcome to your opinion. The leaders and favorites all collapsed on Saturday - Zhang (an 8 on #13?), Mehaffey, Lindblad, and Fredgaard. And Katijani’s double bogey on 17 isn’t exactly what most tournament winners do, but she survived to win. Migliaccio played well to get into a playoff, and then turned in a bogey on the first playoff hole after chilly dipping her pitch? These are the top ranked amateurs in the world, not ordinary players.
In context as I prefaced my post, the 2021 ANWA finish was nothing like the excitement and great performances Fassi and Kupcho turned in for the 2019 AMWA.E7B266AD-3E38-402E-A2B3-596D021E2D6D.jpeg.f21fb85ea6364d0f8b0ee317c73a0692.jpeg
I would also argue that after the fall Masters they've really sharpened the teeth out there and the ANWA was just the prelude to the carnage we might see this week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I agree that the winner didn't shoot the great 67 that Kupcho shot, but Fassi's great performance was a 70, which is the same score that Migliaccio shot.  One last defense of these players is that most of the guys we see tearing up AN at the Masters have played it many times including several days of practice rounds each year.  These players have much less experience with it, having played only one practice round.  Migliaccio didn't make the cut in 2019, which means that she's probably only played two practice rounds at AN before Saturday, and I think Kajitani hadn't played it ever before Friday's practice round.  When Tiger won the Masters in 1997, that was his third Master's appearance having made one cut, so I estimate he had probably played the course 10-12 times before he teed it up that week.  I agree that there was no spectacular round like Kupcho's of 2019.     

I would also argue that after the fall Masters they've really sharpened the teeth out there and the ANWA was just the prelude to the carnage we might see this week.

Not normally one to say I told you so buuuuttttt I told you so! Teeth sharpened and carnage everywhere!