Official 2021 College Football Thread

Maybe we'll have a normal season this year?  We can only hope.  College football and tour golf are my sports entertainment.  The rest of pro sports are pretty much a pass for me.  So what's on your mind for the upcoming college season?  What big news about your alma mater or favorite teams are you following?  

One key subject that will affect everyone is the continued discussion of playoff expansion.  The committee working this offered up 63 possibilities... which includes 6, 8, 10, 12 and 16 team options 😲.  This article suggests the 4 team format is on borrowed time.  I think that is likely the case and feel an 8 team format would be a good first move.  Thoughts?

College Football Playoff expansion: Hint suggests things are happening (usatoday.com)

Spring games already happening.  I predict Sarkisian is a bust at Texas (but admittedly, I'm not a Sark fan 🙂)  Go Irish!!

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter  (Currently Testing Evnroll ER5v)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!  Despite, seemingly, filling the entire NFL draft roster, Alabama is still projected as the No. 1 or No. 2 team (depending on source) going into the 2021 season.  But I guess when you immediately back-fill with the majority of the best talent in the nation, no surprise.  They recorded their 7th #1 recruiting class in a row.  They secured 22 of the nations top recruits; 3 of which are 5 stars.

My Irish didn't do terrible, but not that great either, getting only 8 of the top 300 players.  How did your team fair?

ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 7:09 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Maybe we'll have a normal season this year?  We can only hope.  College football and tour golf are my sports entertainment.  The rest of pro sports are pretty much a pass for me.  So what's on your mind for the upcoming college season?  What big news about your alma mater or favorite teams are you following?  

One key subject that will affect everyone is the continued discussion of playoff expansion.  The committee working this offered up 63 possibilities... which includes 6, 8, 10, 12 and 16 team options 😲.  This article suggests the 4 team format is on borrowed time.  I think that is likely the case and feel an 8 team format would be a good first move.  Thoughts?

College Football Playoff expansion: Hint suggests things are happening (usatoday.com)

Spring games already happening.  I predict Sarkisian is a bust at Texas (but admittedly, I'm not a Sark fan 🙂)  Go Irish!!

Thank you very much for the information. Very interesting to read.

On 4/24/2021 at 12:09 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I am amazed the format lasted this long given there are 5 conferences which has resulted in the Pac-12 never getting in, neverminded the years where the Irish are good and nab a spot without being in one of those conferences. I could see the Pac-12 and Big-12 pushing for 8 teams where the Power 5 conference champs get an automatic entry with 3 at large bids. This could finally give some of the smaller conference teams a chance. Though more likely would just put in an extra Big-10, SEC, and ACC teams getting in. The biggest advantage is that 8 games means that much more money for the NCAA and conferences.

• Like 1

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS Review

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed 

Speaking of college football, I played 18 holes with RJ Fitzgerald - starting FB for Montana State.  The kid can really bomb them and has a solid short game too.  He was telling me that all NCAA players are getting a free year of eligibility regardless whether they played last season (Big Sky Conference did not).  That gives him two more years of eligibility and he might be able to get most of his masters program done.  He said it had been 642 days since they last played 😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Speaking of college football, I played 18 holes with RJ Fitzgerald - starting FB for Montana State.  The kid can really bomb them and has a solid short game too.  He was telling me that all NCAA players are getting a free year of eligibility regardless whether they played last season (Big Sky Conference did not).  That gives him two more years of eligibility and he might be able to get most of his masters program done.  He said it had been 642 days since they last played 😕

One of the things the NCAA got right on extending the eligibility for these athletes would really suck to have you last year modified oflr cancelled on you. Also good for him thinking of the master's degree.

• Like 1

:callaway-small:Epic Max LS Review

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed 

I fully expect to see the M continue to fall even more into irrelevance this year.  It’s going to be great!

1687E300-E924-4412-A341-A80D89DF43D0.gif

• Haha 2

As an alum of App State and LSU, it was a tough year last year. Both of the coaches need to get the teams back to their winning ways! I’ve become used to having my Mountaineers win the Conference, so to see them struggle makes me question the coaching hire... The offense was WAY too predictable last year, so I’m hoping for better come fall.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

I fully expect to see the M continue to fall even more into irrelevance this year.  It’s going to be great!

1687E300-E924-4412-A341-A80D89DF43D0.gif

On the plus side is that you'll be spared at least one loss 😉.

image.png.d786fea11e0087622d7d7b59ad782aab.png

• Haha 1

Can’t wait to see if my Razorbacks can continue to improve from their small amount of success last year. Oh and Texas is going down in week 2. #WPS 🐗🐗🐗

• Haha 1
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Yes, I also hope that this year we will have a normal season. I think the guys will show themselves at their best.

Posted (edited)

Also take a look at https://edubirdie.com/essay-rewriter here is a site for writing essays. I think that is likely the case and feel an 8 team format would be a good first move.

I really hope that this year everything will work out. really looking forward to the new season. If all goes well with Covid 19, then we are sure to have the best season. After all, both players and fans want to start the season. 🤠

Edited by darel2020
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I heard Notre Dame was his second choice... so close 😜.  Oh well, at least he went to another or my favorite teams.  

College football recruiting: J.T. Tuimoloau, No. 1 prospect in Class of 2021, commits to Ohio State - CBSSports.com

Early post spring predictions/rankings have some programs we haven't seen occupying these positions. Iowa State #6, Texas A&M #7, NC #8, and Cincinnati #9. I think the Bearcats are going to be a contender once again and possibly the team who plays well beyond the stats.

I'm thinking my Irish are a 50/50 making it to the playoffs this year.  2022 class commitments look outstanding but they'll need some help and luck this season IMO.

Any good or bad news about your favorite team?

I’ve already responded, but I feel like this is the year.  A breakthrough will happen, I will write it down… someone gets fired.

On 7/4/2021 at 10:41 PM, Shankster said:

I’ve already responded, but I feel like this is the year.  A breakthrough will happen, I will write it down… someone gets fired.

Maybe the equipment manager, but never Homeboy Jimmy.

Harbaugh GIF - Harbaugh - Discover & Share GIFs

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Maybe the equipment manager, but never Homeboy Jimmy.

Harbaugh GIF - Harbaugh - Discover & Share GIFs

Too bad we don’t have the 😬 option to react to posts… 😬

• Like 1