The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

41 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Hey @Josh Parker here is my personal BBQ Rub recipe I came up with many moons ago, it is good on anything. 

Double or triple the recipe or make one with the Cayenne and one without.

1004212039.jpg.55b24868168acd1fa4b8a69d48e65638.jpg

Thanks!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

3 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I learned to drive with “Three on the Tree”. 😂😂

Same with me.  A rusted out hand me down Ford Granada

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

4 hours ago, Dcfrench3 said:

Good Morning!  Anyone else have these types of conversations? 

Her: you should go get your hair cut. 

Me: you should cut my hair.

Her: Stop being so cheap. 

Me: But with the money I save from you cutting my hair I could go golfing 😏 I'd much prefer a round of golf over a good hair cut. 

Her: 😮‍💨

Couple of years ago I picked up a $30 Wahl trimmer with all the numbered combs - works great and yeah I have *DEF* gotten my money's worth on that purchase!!
...and the wife has finally gotten used to my occasional minor slip / extra close buzzed spot... 😂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, Au_funk93 said:

Good morning from DFW!

About as rainy this morning as I’ve ever experienced and scatter thunderstorms. So looks like a break from golfing today after recording a decent day in my round yesterday after work.

My fiancé is still rounding out her bag after getting some cobra irons and a Callaway driver last summer, and she’s been using a RAM blade putter that came with her first set. I let her try my Evnroll putter yesterday and now it sounds like we are heading to PGA Superstore for her to hit some putters and maybe pick up a new mallet. I’ll probably buy something I shouldn’t today. 5-wood? Driver? Wedges? Only time will tell. Shopping with my gut, not my brain today. 
Wish us luck!

Well, they got us!

she got set up with an Odyssey White Hot Fang Style putter. She will need to get used to it but she was rolling the em super consistently. Always excited to see her be excited. 

I hit some drivers but wasn’t really loving the service I was getting with dialing it in and felt like I should spend some time dialing my swing and getting rid of my slice, and then find somewhere for a proper fitting. No harm on waiting and using my M5. 
But I did get myself a new 5 wood. I hit a few different models Qi10, Ai Smoke, Darkspeed, and TSR2. I ended up getting the TSR2 and loved the consistency I was getting. It will also fill in the gap between my 3-wood and 4 hybrid while also giving me a good option off the tee box. The sound and feel of the club is great, we did deloft it by a degree (21°->20°) and gained a few extra yards. Overall a good day of purchases. I’ll need to pull a wedge to stay at 14 clubs but between my 52° and 60° I’ll need to decide which I pull but I have time to figure it out.

maybe when the time comes I’ll grab a TSR driver. 

1 hour ago, Au_funk93 said:

Well, they got us!

she got set up with an Odyssey White Hot Fang Style putter. She will need to get used to it but she was rolling the em super consistently. Always excited to see her be excited. 

I hit some drivers but wasn’t really loving the service I was getting with dialing it in and felt like I should spend some time dialing my swing and getting rid of my slice, and then find somewhere for a proper fitting. No harm on waiting and using my M5. 
But I did get myself a new 5 wood. I hit a few different models Qi10, Ai Smoke, Darkspeed, and TSR2. I ended up getting the TSR2 and loved the consistency I was getting. It will also fill in the gap between my 3-wood and 4 hybrid while also giving me a good option off the tee box. The sound and feel of the club is great, we did deloft it by a degree (21°->20°) and gained a few extra yards. Overall a good day of purchases. I’ll need to pull a wedge to stay at 14 clubs but between my 52° and 60° I’ll need to decide which I pull but I have time to figure it out.

maybe when the time comes I’ll grab a TSR driver. 

I didn’t realize until I got home that that’s closer to a 7 wood than a 5 wood and 7 woods have a lot of overlap with the 4 hybrid I already have.

Just want to get everyone’s thoughts. Should I take the club back and swap for an 18° wood. Or would the 20° wood and 4 hybrid both serve a purpose in my bag? I was hoping to have an option of the tee and fairway with the 5 wood. I loved how the 7 wood was feeling but feel it might be redundant. 
what are your thoughts?

12 hours ago, Jean D said:

Good morning all!  Cool and over-cast  in Ottawa today… perfect day to move the projector in the home sim so I can do a full driver swing without fear of smashing the projector… OOOOOOPS, my bad for eyeballing the distance without actually measuring.

Continued prep after for my first on-course round of the season next week at the Marshes course here in Ottawa.  Hole 5 is a par 5, 615 yd water monster… what could go wrong? LOL. 

Ok…so that didn’t go as expected.  I moved the projector to 6’ 11” to 7’ 1” from the screen as per the manufacturer’s website and validated by Carl’s and Projector Central’s own throw calculators…and I can’t cover my 96” tall x 108” wide screen.  Projector is mounted just below the lip of the enclosure ( to not clip the image) and I’ve got a 24” band at the bottom I simply can’t fill, no matter how I orient the projector or play with the various settings...I’ve played with digital zoom, digital correction…nada.  Anyone else happen to be using an Optoma GT2100HDR projector that could share some insights please?  Any/all help greatly appreciated! 

Edited by Jean D

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

Hybrids: Taylomade Qi10 3 & 4 Rescue (Ventus TR  HB Blue 6R)

Irons: Taylormade Qi 5-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0

New Gamer Ball: Taylormade 2024  TP5x