The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Good morning everyone!

Spending the weekend with the inlaws and friends down at the coast.  Doing Thanksgiving with them and it sounds like a round of golf with the brother in law.  

Hope everyone enjoys the day. 

Hopefully the annual invasion of Winter Texans is over and they are somewhat settled and sedate. The Texas Riviera has come back big since Harvey, some would say, too big. 

6 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Hopefully the annual invasion of Winter Texans is over and they are somewhat settled and sedate. The Texas Riviera has come back big since Harvey, some would say, too big. 

Yeah the island is pretty quiet this time of year. Favorite time to come down. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

27 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Good morning my fellow spies. A gorgeous Saturday morning is in the offing to start the weekend. Today has  60’s to start will end in the mid 70’s, with little wind. A perfect day for golf ( then again almost any day is a perfect day for golf ). Yet, NO golf for me, going to be a continuation of the never ending husband subjection as a beast of burden exercise. The “ Monstrous Monarch “ wants to sort and clean around the royal domicile. So an agony an angst filled day is at hand
AA41735E-3B29-4793-BFDD-DFEED6A2C27F.jpeg.d15a69df56212f5005fc436ee38f4d35.jpeg

For those traveling or having guests coming this weekend for an early start to the holiday week, safe travels. 

LOL... showed this to my wife and I got "The Look".  I was looking for my black compression top to wear golfing in an hour and we both looked "everywhere".  I put something else on, got dressed, and then she found it... apparently when she washed it last week, she put in on top of my golf shorts pile... on top of a black pair of shorts!  I haven't worn shorts in two months!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good morning spy's

I have been PVRing (dont know if that is a word) the DP World Tour event all week except of course last night.

I wake up to this....Wallace hit the ball so purely down the stretch that his final six birdie putts covered a total of 15 feet, 8 inches. 

what a ball striking stripe show... I'm sure Golf Channel will highlight it on their "pregame show"

27 strokes on the back 9, 9 birdies in a row...

As the tag line goes "these guys are good!!"

Anyway have a great Saturday everyone...

committed to performance excellence

50 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Good morning All, 

Cold this morning, with no pleasant afternoon on tap, it appears the seasons have decided fall is over and winter shall begin. I gotta move somewhere that is perpetually warmer. Going to do some exploring regarding the courses in the Rapsodo. 

Have a great Saturday!

I hear you, I have to move somewhere that is perpetually warmer as well... "command central" will have none of it unless all the kids and grandkids move with us.. OMG I can't even imagine that lol...

Good Morning everyone!  Headed out this morning to freeze my ass off knocking a little Yellow Ball around green-turning-brown fairways covered with leaves.  At least I won't be so stressed to shoot a good score now that posting season is over until March 1.

Hope everyone has a satisfying Saturday and that it involves golf!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

LOL... showed this to my wife and I got "The Look".  I was looking for my black compression top to wear golfing in an hour and we both looked "everywhere".  I put something else on, got dressed, and then she found it... apparently when she washed it last week, she put in on top of my golf shorts pile... on top of a black pair of shorts!  I haven't worn shorts in two months!!

"leave my stuff alone" just because it is on the floor beside the bed doesnt mean I can't wear it again lol... and I know exactly where it is ....

Good morning friends! 
Sorry I’ve been MIA the past couple days, work and sick/teething baby really stressing me out. I did however get to hit golf the sim for 4 hours last night. Working on the momentum change and weight shift. Y’all know what today is, gotta get some upsets going so Roll Cyclones! And more importantly Roll Tide! I hope y’all have a great day and remember “BE THE BLESSIGNG”!

Samuel Hanvey 

... If this has been addressed elsewhere I missed it. But I stopped getting notifications of followed threads. Nothing changed that I know of but over night they just stopped. Could any of you Spocks help ole Bones figure out what to do next? 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Good morning! I’m at the kids gymnastics practice with a nice warm cup of coffee. The rest of the weekend is pretty relaxed and then next week is crazy with the Thanksgiving holiday.

I was up late last night trying to upload videos to the white box test review but I was never able to get it to work. I ended up creating a new YouTube channel for golf videos and I’ll embed them that way in the future. 

3 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Good morning Spies on a frosty Saturday morning here. Weather is clear, but supposed to warm up to the upper 40's, so my tee time at 11:30Am is still on.

With the course closing after Sunday, golf both days are in my plans during the daylight hours, and doing whatever SWMBO has plans for later in the evenings on both days.

Hope everyone has the best day they possibly can, no matter what is in your plans or on your agenda.

Glad you’re able to get out on this frosty, but sunny day in Mi! Do you have any courses near you that are open throughout the winter? I’m lucky enough to have 3 that are open as long as there’s no snow on the fairways and greens. 

Have a good day everyone!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

5 hours ago, jbern said:

Good morning! I’m at the kids gymnastics practice with a nice warm cup of coffee. The rest of the weekend is pretty relaxed and then next week is crazy with the Thanksgiving holiday.

I was up late last night trying to upload videos to the white box test review but I was never able to get it to work. I ended up creating a new YouTube channel for golf videos and I’ll embed them that way in the future. 

Glad you’re able to get out on this frosty, but sunny day in Mi! Do you have any courses near you that are open throughout the winter? I’m lucky enough to have 3 that are open as long as there’s no snow on the fairways and greens. 

Have a good day everyone!

Unfortunately, there are none open year-round in this area.

I reside about 35 miles northeast of Detroit, and my work facility is in the city.

Even the few courses that would open on nicer days in the winter now stay closed due to not being able to find people who would work. 

Best way for me to get practice and actually see ball flight is to go to Carl's Golfland where they have heated tee boxes on their range.

They stay open most nights until 7:00PM, so a couple weekends a month here in the winter have become a regular thing for me to do to at least practice.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Good evening spies…. got busy early and been working around the house all day today. Cleaned out the gutters, fired up the mowers and got them running well, re-fueled with stabilizer and put away. All batteries on the trickle charge. Drained gas in the generator and re-filled with fresh stabilized fuel after tweaking it. It’s ready for the spring power outages now.

Mowed the shooting range and got new targets hung and painted (steel targets) for the class this afternoon. 

Just as I was feeling disconnected from Golf and everything else…. the class showed up and one of the accounting guys from my golf club was in the class! Also, there was a guy who was a professional drummer from Nashville as well (I play drums so we had a lot to talk about). Was a nice highlight for the day.

Finally done. Coffee on… relaxing before bed. Have a wonderful evening all and hope you had a chance to play some today.

Cheers ⛳

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (S/D)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

Good morning! 

Busy day ahead with the inlaws family turkey day.  It has been a good weekend so far.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Just added a link to the Golf Deals.

Maxfli is $99 for the 4 dozen for those that missed the MGS deal a few weeks back. 

Golf Deals

Edited by Josh Parker

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Good Morning Spies!

Happy Sunday! Frosty morning as I think about deer hunting but then….. kinda cold out, and I have a warm cup of coffee and a snuggly little dog here so…. 

Off to play drums this morning for church then time with the grandkids. Should be a great and tiring day!

Today is….well, World Toilet Day. So, this Thanksgiving, be thankful you have one. Some don’t.

Cheers ⛳

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (S/D)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch