TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

29 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I did not. Anytime I have hit LS heads my spin is well below 2000 and after reading about how low spin the LS head is for most that hit it, I didn't even hit it. When I demoed the Aerojet LS I was getting about 1500 spin. 😱

See here is where this is interesting for me I feel like of all the "LS" drivers I have hit in the past 12 months (Paradym TD, TSR3, Cobra Aerojet LS, & Stealth 2 Plus) I feel like his is the one driver I get the best spin numbers. I can not sing enough the Qi10 LS praises. Now, I will give a caveat here though that you need to go do an outdoor fitting and that is what I did. I got fit for a shaft I had not expected (Graphite Design Tour AD DI IZ 6 - TX). For some reason this combination for me is PERFECT. I think unless you are hurting with too much spin the Qi10 LS with a stock low-spin shaft is going to hurt you. You need to go get fit for it. 

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

3 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

I have indeed found that high and slightly toe-side contact almost always results in my best drives, at least in terms of distance. Of course, “toey” drives are often accompanied by a clubface that is slightly closed (or rotating closed), which also results in a draw or pull-draw.

You're not alone...while it's not a TM, I've had a lot of success with PING and Titleist when I'm striking the ball just towards the toe.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... I did not. Anytime I have hit LS heads my spin is well below 2000 and after reading about how low spin the LS head is for most that hit it, I didn't even hit it. When I demoed the Aerojet LS I was getting about 1500 spin. 😱

Doesn’t lower spin mean more run once it hits the ground? 

committed to performance excellence

33 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Could,  but the big negative is that you need spin to keep the ball in the air.  Too little spin and you lose airtime and the ball has a tendency to dive so you have lost  accuracy and control.  

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

37 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Could,  but the big negative is that you need spin to keep the ball in the air.  Too little spin and you lose airtime and the ball has a tendency to dive so you have lost  accuracy and control.  

Really the easiest and best way to explain it.  I like to think of the garden hose while flowing water...the more you raise it, the further the stream will flow...to a point...Same analogy with fire hoses 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Yep, but it also means less carry, for the same reason home run balls need some backspin to get out of the park.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

4 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Odd because I find that the Max actually tends to fade, but then again, my usual swing is a pull and not a slice which could definitely factor into what I am seeing so far.

I noticed this same thing with the Max in the fitting I went through. 

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

5 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Would the total distance be close to the same? 

Depends on environmental factors, such as how firm the ground is. More carry distance helps mitigate those factors

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

5 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Would the total distance be close to the same? 

I tend to be on the low spin side with drivers and when I get really low spin it is no where near the same distance and generally way left.  Definitely not something that I want with a driver. 

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Depends on environmental factors, such as how firm the ground is. More carry distance helps mitigate those factors

now that you mention it I was told that by my HOF buddy years ago, but the jury is still out with that one for me, depending on the conditions, wind, rain etc, sometimes I think getting the ball on the ground is beneficial and I am talking off the tee of course and possibly some inside 150 yd approach shots. 

This next question may be good for @GolfSpy_BEN, and @chisag, have you ever noticed or maybe you play a "what I call a heavier" shot? I noticed early in my competitive career when I played with certain very successful golfers that their ball flight seemed heavy, meaning it managed the elements in flight better than mine. I did notice the build on these two golfers were heavier than mine meaning big forearms and legs etc. But to me their ball flight was "heavier" that is the only way I can describe it. 

committed to performance excellence

20 hours ago, CB Lobo 4 Life said:

To answer your question, yeah my Swing Speed is about 118+. So that would produce some serious spin if not in the right head/shaft combo. I think my issue with other LS models is that the shaft that came with them is so stiff at the handle and shaft that the feel for me was always missing. However, now that I am in my GD shaft I love the softer handle and shaft because it allows me to feel the club so much more!

Same thing happened to me when I broke the shaft I had and Callaway sent me a HZRDUS Black for my Paradym TD. Couldn’t jive at all, my swing sits around yours and even increasing up to 122/123 with HZRDUS ball speed would never go above 166. Put I’d GD AD MJ, and boom ball speed instantly up to 172, and swing speed was able to settle back down to 117. 
Graphite Design I believe are wonderful pairings for LS heads!

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

3 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Same thing happened to me when I broke the shaft I had and Callaway sent me a HZRDUS Black for my Paradym TD. Couldn’t jive at all, my swing sits around yours and even increasing up to 122/123 with HZRDUS ball speed would never go above 166. Put I’d GD AD MJ, and boom ball speed instantly up to 172, and swing speed was able to settle back down to 117. 

FOR SURE!! For some reason it seems like those GD shafts with mid-high launch and low spin are perfect for those LS heads haha. Not sure if that is the specs of the MJ but they are for what I have tested haha.

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

17 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

now that you mention it I was told that by my HOF buddy years ago, but the jury is still out with that one for me, depending on the conditions, wind, rain etc, sometimes I think getting the ball on the ground is beneficial and I am talking off the tee of course and possibly some inside 150 yd approach shots. 

This next question may be good for @GolfSpy_BEN, and @chisag, have you ever noticed or maybe you play a "what I call a heavier" shot? I noticed early in my competitive career when I played with certain very successful golfers that their ball flight seemed heavy, meaning it managed the elements in flight better than mine. I did notice the build on these two golfers were heavier than mine meaning big forearms and legs etc. But to me their ball flight was "heavier" that is the only way I can describe it. 

... Karry is King. More carry is almost always preferable while under certain conditions a lower trajectory and lower spin may produce a few more yards, but the conditions need to be ideal. If the ground is "kinda" soft a lower trajectory/spin drive can hit and roll out where a higher trajectory with more spin may just run out a little after a deeper ball mark in the fairway. But that is a pretty unique combo and even then you would need the ideal trajectory and spin to produce a longer drive. 

... More often than not when conditions were very soft in the Midwest, a low spin low trajectory shot only rolled out marginally longer than a higher trajectory/spin that carried much farther and didn't roll out as much. If you carry the ball 30yds longer and the lower trajectory/spin drive rolls out even 15 yds farther you have lost 15yds.

... The difference is even more pronounced here in the desert with hard fast fairways. During the winter months, balls roll a ton regardless of trajectory. As long as you are not producing too much spin and a steep angle of descent, the ball will roll a good 40-60 yds ir more if you land on a downslope. Spin is almost irrelevant for roll out if you picture hitting a golf ball onto an airport runway. The farther you carry the ball down the runway the longer the drive because the hard ground doesn't grab the spinning ball like a softer fairway does. 

... I think your point about a ""heavier" shot is the result of compressing the ball. I have certainly played with thin and tall mini tour players that have a very forward shaft lean and really compress the ball taking a deep divot. I take a shallow divot and side by side there is a noticeable difference in the ball flight as well as the sound and I would describe it as a heavy sound. I know he has changed and now flights the ball to some degree but early In Rory McIlroy's career he said in the wind he didn't change anything, he just concentrated on solid contact and even his normal trajectory wasn't influenced in side to side movement into the wind, he just took a little more club. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

what pray tell is   "Put I’d GD AD MJ"  ???

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

2 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

what pray tell is   "Put I’d GD AD MJ"  ???

Put in Graphite Design (GD) AD MJ shaft

https://proschoicegolfshafts.com/tour-ad-mj-shafts/

5 hours ago, CB Lobo 4 Life said:

FOR SURE!! For some reason it seems like those GD shafts with mid-high launch and low spin are perfect for those LS heads haha. Not sure if that is the specs of the MJ but they are for what I have tested haha.

The entire Tour AD lineup is really a mid launch/spin design. Their “low” shafts are just against their own parameters. From my experience, you can put any Tour AD shaft in and the results will be similar. Mind you going from one spectrum to the other, say MJ/CQ to VF/HD may produce something but they’re all so nice to hit

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

3 hours ago, TylorJudd said:

The entire Tour AD lineup is really a mid launch/spin design. Their “low” shafts are just against their own parameters. From my experience, you can put any Tour AD shaft in and the results will be similar. Mind you going from one spectrum to the other, say MJ/CQ to VF/HD may produce something but they’re all so nice to hit

Best shafts you can buy in my opinion. I had a DI 7x in my driver for close to 20 years. 

Edited by Jmikecpa

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Prior to this test, I had been playing a GD Tour AD XC-7X and I love the feel of that shaft. Once testing wraps up, I’m contemplating re-tipping that shaft or possibly grabbing a VF-7X. You guys are correct, those shafts pair up exceptionally well with LS Heads

Really want to give the XC, IZ, and UB a go. The VF looks likes it shaping up to be one of their most popular shafts to date 

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

4 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Best shafts you can buy in my opinion. I had a DI 7x in my driver for close to 20 years. 

Currently play the AD DI in my 5 wood, had a G Series in my prior driver also

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Prior to this test, I had been playing a GD Tour AD XC-7X and I love the feel of that shaft. Once testing wraps up, I’m contemplating re-tipping that shaft or possibly grabbing a VF-7X. You guys are correct, those shafts pair up exceptionally well with LS Heads

I already built up an AD VR 6x with a TM tip just to give it a go in this head.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Would be curious what your impact location is @Michael.Sandoval33, have you checked that view out on the Trackman at all (unsure if this is a standard feature). 

Helped me determine that I was teeing my ball too high, nearly hitting the crown that was producing sky balls. Also, the view is really neat after you hit some balls cause you can see an average impact location/heatmap.

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

26 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

Would be curious what your impact location is @Michael.Sandoval33, have you checked that view out on the Trackman at all (unsure if this is a standard feature). 

Helped me determine that I was teeing my ball too high, nearly hitting the crown that was producing sky balls. Also, the view is really neat after you hit some balls cause you can see an average impact location/heatmap.

Unfortunately on this outdoor trackman it doesn't have the ability to a show the impact points and today I forgot to bring my Dr. Scholls "Impact Spray" to check where the face was making contact. The launch angles are definitely higher than they were previously. So it could very well be tee placement.

Edit: I also have never hit the Qi10 this many times in one session. I think my disbelief at the results wore through.

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin: