Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Bogies 5 of the first 6 holes before settling down with a 40/38.

fricking cold to start, so the 5 layers may have hindered the swing a bit

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

8:00 am Tee Time mid 60* beautiful morning!!  1st Tee shot a pop up but still bogied the hole.  Ball striking was pretty decent, putting mixed bag.  
Missed 2 birdie puts user 3’!!!!😱 but sank 2 par putts 12’ or more.  One was a nasty double breaker the other a 5’ break side hill putt that was also a sandy!  
interesting and fun morning, +3 for the 9 holes. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got my birthday Round in on Tuesday at Rustic Canyon and shot my index (11). 42/43 85.  It was a beautiful 55 degree day and it was great to be out.  Tough pin positions for the day and there were a couple 3 putts on the front that I wish I had back, but am not too upset about with the pin positions.  It was another day that I felt like I putted much better than my total putts (35).  Several lip outs and a lot that came up an inch short (uphill) and burned the edge (downhill).  Lines and speed were just a touch off.  I'm feeling really confident on the green.  Stroke and judgement feel good after a lot of practice and it feels like I'm on the edge of a really killer putting performance.    The real killer was the blowup holes (2 doubles & 1 triple without losing a ball 🤦‍♂️).   After a couple rounds of really paying attention to those, it's clear that the pattern is a poor drive and a nervous second shot and it all compounds from there.  I feel like some of that is being smarter on the tee, but mishits happen, so to change the equation I'm going to experiment and deliberately not do what I normally do when I hit a poor drive.  I'm just going to hit a smooth high percentage 7 iron to the center of the fairway and see if that changes anything.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

15 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

Tough pin positions for the day and there were a couple 3 putts on the front that I wish I had back, but am not too upset about with the pin positions. 

... Great Birthday present! I don't mind 6 tough pin positions. Unfair is a different story and Rustic Canyon could have some really unfair pins if they wanted to. Nothing is more infuriating than putting a pin on a tier. Bad enough to have them within 2 feet of the tier but actually ON it the slope of the tier is ridiculous. My home course does it occasionally and imagine it is when the grounds crew that are excellent landscapers but don't speak English and don't play golf just find a clean looking spot. Obviously they are clean spots for a reason. 

... What I find interesting is anytime they have a serious Tournament like the Phoenix Open qualifier, several State Championships and the last 2 days a Women's Senior City Championship, the point are always very fair. 6 easy, 6 average and 6 tough but not on slopes, ridges mounds or severe downhill locations.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Great Birthday present! I don't mind 6 tough pin positions. Unfair is a different story and Rustic Canyon could have some really unfair pins if they wanted to. Nothing is more infuriating than putting a pin on a tier. Bad enough to have them within 2 feet of the tier but actually ON it the slope of the tier is ridiculous. My home course does it occasionally and imagine it is when the grounds crew that are excellent landscapers but don't speak English and don't play golf just find a clean looking spot. Obviously they are clean spots for a reason. 

... What I find interesting is anytime they have a serious Tournament like the Phoenix Open qualifier, several State Championships and the last 2 days a Women's Senior City Championship, the point are always very fair. 6 easy, 6 average and 6 tough but not on slopes, ridges mounds or severe downhill locations.

They definitely weren't unfair, but I don't think any of the pins were in easy or average spots.  It was very subtle and challenging, the closely mowed collar was a little slower and softer than normal so things didn't always bounce up and sometimes held above the hole, the greens were hard, fast, and smooth amplifying downhill putts and break. Lots of sneaky pins where it wasn't clear whether  the read was the prevailing 'everything break toward the gate wisdom' or what it visually looked like.  I was fooled several times.   The only one that I think was borderline unfair was 18.  They had it at the front tucked up right at the bottom of the swale.  No stopping it from above and a really tough putt from below.   I sat and had lunch outside to watch after I finished and no one got close and the only ones that two putted were the ones that overcooked their approach and ended well below the hole for their first putt.  (I myself got hung up on the collar above the hole and 3 putted) I also heard a lot of griping about putting as people walked off.   I'm betting there were more 3+ putts than average on the day. 

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

3 hours ago, chisag said:

Pins located on tiers was the norm at the event that I played in today. Even though I shot an 86 (net 69), it cost me at least 6 strokes with those pin positions.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

After not touching a club for several weeks, in a whim just went to the simulator down the street today.

the swing or lack there of at the end of the year was a low blow to close out what was a great year otherwise. I decided (and with some competitive busing from the offseason speed thread) have started consistently getting back to running and implementing what I love in a workout (insanity). While sore I am much looser and feel a million times better even after just a few weeks of consistent little workouts and stretching.

we’ll I felt that today while swinging. My swing just felt so much smoother, could feel myself rotating well, no sway, good core engagement and smooth hands. 

I played wild stone black knight which is in BC. Went +5 and even on the front. With a grain of silt of course but was a massive boost for me to obviously continue the path I am on for this off season. (Mulligans we’re miss reads from the sim on putts)

DC111C11-1DAF-4FC6-A9D3-29CF60CF9DA8.jpeg

AB9CF89F-0C5B-4116-99CB-FA761D33B16E.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Tomorrow is going to be fun. We’re playing a two man best ball and for one of the rare occasions with this group an A will be paired with a B player.

My partner is one of my favorite people to play with. He’s by far the oldest guy in the group, but he’s a character. Back in the day he was a player (I saw the tail end of that when I moved down here 13 years ago) and he still has his moments. Tomorrow will be a big ask for him though because the knucklehead who runs this put him on the same 5850 yard tees as the other B players, who are all 15-20 years younger than him.

He texted me when the pairings came out and said he was going to apologize to me for getting stuck with him, but he decided instead he’ll whip me like a rented mule if I don’t carry his a** instead. 😂 

Worst thing that will happen is we have a great time together, and who knows? We might end up ham and egging it out there well enough to surprise some people.

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

First time I've been able to play in about a week due to the weather.  Played on a ridiculously sloppy fairway--you know the ones I'm talking about -- zero roll, get what you hit, splash mud all over yourself with every swing kind of fairway.  Anyway, started off with a double and then on 17 mishit a short iron to find the water in front of the green for another double.  There were 8 of us playing a net skins game -- I shoot an 83 which was medalist score by several shots (it really was sloppy out there and everyone was having issues with it)-- but fail to get even one net skin.  Might have had some gross skins, but that wasn't the game.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Friday Bacon Boyz Exec, nice morning with 1st Tee Time @ 7:11am.  We were rolling along playing OK UNTIL 5th hole maintenance was rolling greens and another worker was “whipping” the greens ahead of the roller, huh?.  Maintenance guy says that we have to wait until their finished…..Umm no, we skipped ahead a hole finished up and got Otta there.  
Starter stopped us when we were leaving and apologized for the mess, maintenance was supposed to be done by 7:00. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

41 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Well the two man team event couldn’t have gone better today, and I had a nice surprise at the end!

My partner was great today. It seemed like every time I needed him he was there. He got two strokes on 3 holes, and bogeyed every one for net birds, and his steady play enabled me to take chances i otherwise wouldn’t have.

We both played very well, and our net 65 was good enough to lose a tiebreaker for first, and our team split $100. That would’ve been a really good day, but here’s where the “bonus” came in. It turned out a player dropped out late last night, so I was selected in the blind draw to be the “odd player’s” partner. When the winners of that first place tiebreaker were announced, it was him and myself! That earned me another $60 bringing my total for the day to a nice $110. Yay me!!!

Today was also my third consecutive good round after an annoyingly long dry spell. Things are definitely getting better with my game. Hopefully I can put one more good one in the books Tuesday before I head up north.

Well done!!  And great pic on partners!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

32 minutes ago, DMcA said:

Best round of my life, so far. 38/40. Birdied 3 of the 4 par 5s, and one of the par 3s that a I don't normally do well on. No doubles on the front, 2 on the back and felt more comfortable with my wedge shots. Backyard practice is definitely helping. Just had to post and share my excitement. 

IMG_20221210_165522.jpg

Congrats on the low round.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

Well the two man team event couldn’t have gone better today, and I had a nice surprise at the end!

My partner was great today. It seemed like every time I needed him he was there. He got two strokes on 3 holes, and bogeyed every one for net birds, and his steady play enabled me to take chances i otherwise wouldn’t have.

We both played very well, and our net 65 was good enough to lose a tiebreaker for first, and our team split $100. That would’ve been a really good day, but here’s where the “bonus” came in. It turned out a player dropped out late last night, so I was selected in the blind draw to be the “odd player’s” partner. When the winners of that first place tiebreaker were announced, it was him and myself! That earned me another $60 bringing my total for the day to a nice $110. Yay me!!!

Today was also my third consecutive good round after an annoyingly long dry spell. Things are definitely getting better with my game. Hopefully I can put one more good one in the books Tuesday before I head up north.

52 minutes ago, DMcA said:

Best round of my life, so far. 38/40. Birdied 3 of the 4 par 5s, and one of the par 3s that a I don't normally do well on. No doubles on the front, 2 on the back and felt more comfortable with my wedge shots. Backyard practice is definitely helping. Just had to post and share my excitement. 

IMG_20221210_165522.jpg

Awesome performance on both of your parts.......................... sure makes the game fun and enjoyable with results like these 👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 12/11/2022 at 3:12 PM, DMcA said:

IMG_20221210_165522.jpg

I'm envious as it's been so long since I shot those numbers, well done..

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Blowing steady 15-20 with gusts up to 30, spitting rain, 50* and a lot of fun. Other than off the tee I didn't hit a "normal" shot all day, and even tee balls were aimed at different spots than normal. 3 6 irons on different holes from 205, 147, and 165 all different shapes and height range from 90' to 20', was just a lot of fun. Stood on a par 3 with 3 wood in my hand and told my playing partners, this is a shot you never practice, punch 3 wood. Did hit a shot on the 18th hole that there are probably only 3 people I have ever played with could hit. Luckily it was lift clean and place so I was able to put the ball on a perfect lie. Hybrid from 236 that had to go almost straight up over a tree and left to right about 30 yards. Saw it take off and then didn't see it again until I got to the green, 35 feet for eagle, easy 2 putt to win the day. Doesn't matter that I shot 77, was just enjoyable to play hitting so many different shots.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Blowing steady 15-20 with gusts up to 30, spitting rain, 50* and a lot of fun.

fun:

/fən/

noun

enjoyment, entertaining, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

fun:

/fən/

noun

enjoyment, entertaining, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure

I actually somewhat enjoy playing in bad weather, including sideways rain.  I've won some of my biggest tournament purses, and shot as low as 7 strokes below my handicap in horrific weather conditions.  I guess it just goes along with being of Scottish-Welsh heritage!

Last week, in a field of 124 golfers, I placed 9th overall (including the 40 professionals) and tied for 4th in the Senior Division at 3-under, and it was wet and sloppy.  This week's tour event is going to be played in light snow at the beginning, changing over to rain, if the forecast stays as it is right now.  The field is down (less than 90 golfers registered), and I am hoping to play my normal lights-out golf in those conditions, and take home another nice check (actually cash).

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

6 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

I actually somewhat enjoy playing in bad weather, including sideways rain.

... "somewhat enjoy" is not a definition of FUN! 🤪 I absolutely tip my cap to anyone that can endure and play in bad weather (although some think 115* is crazy golf weather and I don't mind the heat). But cold, wind and low temps combined would have me forfeiting my deposit. 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... "somewhat enjoy" is not a definition of FUN! 🤪 I absolutely tip my cap to anyone that can endure and play in bad weather (although some think 115* is crazy golf weather and I don't mind the heat). But cold, wind and low temps combined would have me forfeiting my deposit. 

I hate cold weather, I am eternally cold unless its 90 or higher. However for whatever reason on Saturday I had enough clothes on to stay warm and still be able to move. I will admit if I had to play in that weather frequently I would be a bowler. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

16 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Played the first round at my club since my buddy passed and well I think I had an angel on my shoulder. Drove it well and hit my irons like crap but somehow made five birds on the back (my opening nine). Hell I tried to hit a low five iron from 205 that I absolutely thinned that ended up two feet from the cup. Managed to chip in three times from inside 20 yards and all were for birds. End of the day I shot four under 68 and not sure how. Hit it about as bad as I could and just put up a number. Guess I had someone tempering the golf gods today. 

Sad you lost your buddy, nice round enjoy it not going to happen too often...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

20 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Here's a few pictures to help our snowed in spies warm. (I know, I know, I'm terrible).

I can't speak for anyone else but this is the content I am hoping for!  I can't do anything and love to see and read people's stories from warmer climates.  Keep that stuff coming!  

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

We’ve been having frost delays too, 2 hours last Wednesday… I have so many clothes on I can barely swing, and then complain about my scoring…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

On 12/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, chisag said:

Well I'm not wasting my time playing in crap weather but there was a time I played rain hail or shine but the body doesn't like it, I try to play but the brains not interested....