MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Bacon Boys 9 canceled today. Started raining at 5:00am and not supposed to stop until Saturday morning. Swell.......

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wrong ! Didn’t stop Saturday morning, rained all day Saturday.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 7:35 PM, THEZIPR23 said:

Did you go to sleep? I find that every time I sleep I wake up with a new swing. 🤣

Something like a song I heard...  

"Last night I came in at two with a ten
But at ten I woke up with a two"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Late night call from golf buddy to play 18 Saturday. Decided on Mallard Cr. down in Lebanon since Ive never playe it. Nice course with user friendly layout that can bite. Lots of variety of tee shots which I like. 

81 and played well. Struggled with irons on the back and left a bunch of 5 foot par putts out there. Bunkers here are horrible. 

• Like 6

I actually bailed after 11. The play was so slow the GPS in my playing partners cart said we'd finish at 7:45pm...we teed off at 12:35pm. Some people should not be playing this course even from the forward tees.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

28 minutes ago, MattF said:

I actually bailed after 11. The play was so slow the GPS in my playing partners cart said we'd finish at 7:45pm...we teed off at 12:35pm. Some people should not be playing this course even from the forward tees.

Where did you play?  i want to make a note so I never go there. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 7:45 PM, chisag said:

... That should be everyones rule and if everyone did it, we wouldn't have ball marks. I will fix extra's if they are deep and obvious. I am just amazed at how rude some golfers can be leaving very deep ball marks in the vicinity of the hole. I played behind a Jr Tournament and thought the greens would be pristine but I was shocked at how many ball marks were left on the greens.  

What's even worse for me is when we have a high school tournament and they don't replace divots. We have parents and coaches following in golf carts - there's plenty of sand in the containers people! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Where did you play?  i want to make a note so I never go there. 

My club, Windmill Lakes in Ravenna. It's not normal by any means, just a group or two that shouldn't have been playing the course.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MattF said:

My club, Windmill Lakes in Ravenna. It's not normal by any means, just a group or two that shouldn't have been playing the course.

Why didn't the pro shop take care of this grossly slow play?  

• Like 3

It’s relentless - my friend got an email from the pro at his club stating he doesn’t recall ever seeing as much water on the course and that it would be closed through Saturday. That was yesterday - we’ve had at least three more inches of rain since then in the Bay Area.

And we were closed yesterday as well.....

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

My wife and I decided to run out and play today - weather radar showed about a 4 hour window before the thunderstorms would hit. Just as we were finishing up the second hole we heard thunder and saw lightening. We quickly ran back to the proshop before the deluge came. We were holed up for at least 45 while it poured.

So much for accurate weather forecasting.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Today was a bit better day.  Shot an 83, but had 3 doubles, all set up by hard, wet fairway bunkers.  Just couldn't seem to keep from blasting them too far.  I had the only birdie on #1 in our group of 16.  Paid out $40 for both gross and net skin, enough to cover my entry fee for both today and yesterday....although I still lost 3 side bets between the 2 days.

• Like 6

Wrong ! Didn’t stop Saturday morning, rained all day Saturday.

IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1256.JPG

Only my private club and 2 public courses were open in our county today. To say it was wet would be an understatement.

Cart path only on my course is a brutal walk - might be better to walk in fact. I was happy with my 38-41 79 in those conditions.

Did have a drive of 306 - it may have hit the cart path once or twice or thrice but what the hey it was 306 per shot scope so take that. :)

• Like 8

Awful. We were playing Stableford format, and after 5 holes I was only 1 point ahead of the guy who just came out for a walk. 9 worse than my handicap after 5.
Improved a bit from there. Over swinging and unrealistic expectations and atrocious chipping were the main issues.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Played 9 holes tonight with my middle son at Broadmoore with only an hour before dark. I hit the ball really solid - extremely flush and scored terribly - shot 2 over. On the Par 5 2nd hole a pair of walkers were out walking the entire length of the hole. They seemed totally oblivious to the fact that golf happened on a golf course. I got really irritated and it took me entirely too long to get over it. Oh well. I'm playing tomorrow and if I hit it as well as I did today - all will be well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Had our club championship this weekend and my have things changed since the last one I played in over 5 years ago. One I'm no longer a 12 handicap, I'm pretty much a 18. Number two the struggle was real on Sunday.

Saturday I had a great round going up until 15 a long par 5 along water. After dunking one in the lake, I pulled the next one into a ditch, lost my footing, hit a poor chip tapping in for a 9. On 18 I 4 putted from an inch off the rough from 15.

Sunday conditions were not good. The course was wet, but it was breezy. The scores in my flight were all 5-6 strokes higher than yesterday. My score was 101, but also had a 10 and 7 on the same nine.

This year is so frustrating because I'm about 5-10 strokes worse than last year. I haven't had any consistency from round to round and it's one thing after the other. When I drive it, my irons are awful, when I can chip and putt,  I can't stay on the course. Next year will be interesting now that I have a full year on this course.

• Like 7
  • Off Topic 1

Made an attempt to play but forgot my kayak.
One of my worst outings in a long time. Course was wet, not sloppy but wet. It seems every ball landed in wet area, uncut fareway due to water etc.
Fortunately has not rained (yet) today. Maybe can get in a relatively dry 9 tomorrow morning.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

We had 2 separate fronts move through yesterday - one in the afternoon which cancelled our golf game after 2 holes. The other was at night with torrential rainstorm. Needless to say the course was soaked this morning. It was cart path only and exceptionally humid. After 11 holes it felt more like playing 27. Don't even ask how I did.

Tomorrow morning is 18 hole stroke play men's league - hopefully cart path restrictions are off.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6