MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

30 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Bacon Boys 9 canceled today. Started raining at 5:00am and not supposed to stop until Saturday morning. Swell.......

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Come on up to SC and bring the rain with you!

• Like 1

Was having an awesome round, we were first group on after a 2 hour lightning delay so had no one in front of us. We finished the front 9 in 1:10 and I was +5, on hole 11 we caught a group and it took us 2:30 to play the last 8 holes. Finished with an 88... The back 9 is where I usually score low. Missed a Hole in 1 by this much. I put my foot next to the hole and the ball was at the back of my instep. 

HIO.jpg

• Like 8

Senior scramble today.  I hit my irons good today.  Not sure how I was putting as we had a string of 8 or so holes where I never had to putt.  We shot 11 under gross (and had a bogie and made a par on one of the par 5 holes).  Only had one eagle putt and we missed that one.  Still gun shy with my driver, but hit the hybrids well (my 3 hybrid was the shot that setup the eagle putt (15 feet or so).

• Like 6

No game today as we had more rain......the course was closed all day. Maybe closed tomorrow as we have ou4 Saturday game scheduled.......ugh!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Come on up to SC and bring the rain with you!

If I come up I’m leaving the rain here. It’s been brutal.

• Like 3

Had to manage my way around the course and make some testy par putts to get in at 80. Thankfully driver was solid all day to take some pressure off the iron play which has been shaky all year 

• Like 6

When I walk onto a green my Divot Tool is ready to go wether it’s mine or anyone else’s. I hate unfixed divots !!

My rule is fix mine plus at least one other. I couldn't believe how many weren't fixed today when we played. Aggravating.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

My rule is fix mine plus at least one other. I couldn't believe how many weren't fixed today when we played. Aggravating.

... That should be everyones rule and if everyone did it, we wouldn't have ball marks. I will fix extra's if they are deep and obvious. I am just amazed at how rude some golfers can be leaving very deep ball marks in the vicinity of the hole. I played behind a Jr Tournament and thought the greens would be pristine but I was shocked at how many ball marks were left on the greens.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I love it when I get this message on my GHIN app. Shot an 88 playing 18 with my wife. Drives were pretty decent - not quite the distance but straight. A birdie and several pars helped balance out the doubles (ugh).

IMG_4950.JPG

Shots from a couple of Par 3 holes - the first is an uphill 150 yds onto a fairly steeply sloped green. Go too long on this hole and you'll hit the limestone backstop which will eat your ball. Strategy is to go short and putt uphill. Missed my putt for a bird but at least walked off with a par.

IMG_4948.JPG

Second shot of our #14 is a short 95 yd. Par 3 surrounded 270* by water. Putted that one in for a bird

IMG_4949.JPG

I was a happy camper today - even my wife played well!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I love it when I get this message on my GHIN app. Shot an 88 playing 18 with my wife. Drives were pretty decent - not quite the distance but straight. A birdie and several pars helped balance out the doubles (ugh).

IMG_4950.thumb.JPG.051ddf388cfd76b1513c8c9483f6bad0.JPG

Shots from a couple of Par 3 holes - the first is an uphill 150 yds onto a fairly steeply sloped green. Go too long on this hole and you'll hit the limestone backstop which will eat your ball. Strategy is to go short and putt uphill. Missed my putt for a bird but at least walked off with a par.

IMG_4948.thumb.JPG.f820f42d5464f88408b273c190e46551.JPG

Second shot of our #14 is a short 95 yd. Par 3 surrounded 270* by water. Putted that one in for a bird

IMG_4949.thumb.JPG.68fa8cbe675329b60595d2717b4a6ff1.JPG

I was a happy camper today - even my wife played well!

That house is definitely in a nice spot

• Like 3

On 8/5/2019 at 3:03 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

missed 2 birdie chances from 8 feet so I went home and bought a new putter.  
NOT KIDDING.

Maybe there should be a mandatory 5 day cooling-off period b/w running into the store and being allowed to take it home.... 😆😆😆

• Like 7

No game today as we had more rain......the course was closed all day. Maybe closed tomorrow as we have ou4 Saturday game scheduled.......ugh!

It’s relentless - my friend got an email from the pro at his club stating he doesn’t recall ever seeing as much water on the course and that it would be closed through Saturday. That was yesterday - we’ve had at least three more inches of rain since then in the Bay Area.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

It’s relentless - my friend got an email from the pro at his club stating he doesn’t recall ever seeing as much water on the course and that it would be closed through Saturday. That was yesterday - we’ve had at least three more inches of rain since then in the Bay Area.

I’ve only been in FL for 7+ years but I’ve only seen the ponds this high twice, a tropical storm 5 years ago and Irma.

• Sad 1

40/37=77 from our back tees.

12/14 fairways
10/18 greens
33 putts

Was very long today, for whatever reason. 10 and even up to 15 yards with driver and a club longer with irons. Lost shots early going long before I'd trust it.

Should've scored much better but the extra pop in the bat felt really cool just the same.

• Like 7

76 today with 3 birdies. On and off... kind of a weird day

• Like 5

Been bored with my home course so venturing out while on vacation. Headed to Camas Meadows a couple days ago. Funky layout and tough. Shot 84 with 4 balls inthe water. 2 I flat out pulled the ball,1 I didnt see the water on the card. and the other I flat out chunked it. Otherwise I found fairways. 

Yesterday was at Salem GC. An early morning round for a 78. On the patio with a beer at 9am. Fairways and greens...doubled #1 hdcp and 1 three putt bogey. Took back to back bogeys as I played through a couple foursomes. Gets me rattled. 

Today I played a twilight 9 at Santiam. Lowest 9 holes ever for a -1. Greens and fairways. At one point I was 2 under, middle fairway, and licking my chops with a simple 105 yard 52 degree wedge to a dead middle pin.Toed it a bit  and caught right edge of green and trickled off the side. Didnt get up/down.  

Came back and birdied 16, par 17, bogey 18 thanks to a bad tee shot that left me a punch out. I gambled on the punch and got to 65 yards instead of lateral to 150. 65 is tough yardage for me and I caught left fringe and got up/down.

Ive been playing a driver and 3w off the tee over my normal 5w. Hitting it well and enjoying the extra 30-70 yard off the box. Lots of short irons instead of long irons. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

That house is definitely in a nice spotemoji106.png

Owned by 2 non-golfers - go figure. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Owned by 2 non-golfers - go figure. 

Nice spot they picked anyway. Maybe they retrieve & sell “waterballs” at the local Flea Market

• Haha 2

I was embarrassed by my play today.  I had all sorts of issues today.  Just wasn't there.  Some days the elevator, some days the shaft.  Today was definitely the latter.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I played two rounds this weekend. The first round I played 18 holes and shot a personal best 88 47/41. Caught fire on the back nine highlighted by a drive on the 250 yard par 4 that hit the green. I missed the eagle putt, but just hitting the green made my round. Hitting that green has been my obsession for over a year and to finally do it was something I'll never forget.

I got a nine hole round in today, shot 45 at the same course as yesterday. Hit 4/7 fairways and 2/9 greens, but only had 16 putts. My Arccos handicap putting for the round was 2.1, a personal best.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6
  • Love 1