Our Sponsors

Ran out to play 9 with my wife. Played terrible including a quad on a par 4 hole that I really like. Then came #9, a 150 yd. par 3. Launched a beautiful tee shot that landed 3 ft. from the hole and made birdie.

Those are the holes that keep you coming back.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

Posted Images

On the good side, I got to play golf with @Wedgie & @GolfSpy Stroker today for the first time, and both spies were incredible to play with. They both hit some amazing shots, the banter was great and they're both swell guys.

On the bad side... well, let's just say my net was 86 and leave it at that. I had too many penalties today, the sand was not my friend, and I chunked 3 chips in a row on the way to a 10 on a par 5. My game wasn't there, but I was glad to be out on the course with those two. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Pretty poorly....98 😢

Maiden voyage round with the 919 Forged was disappointing.  Not really due to the irons.   I played a course I hadn't played in quite a while and some of the forced carries off the tee were a bit much for me, so I didn't hit a lot of irons.  Ended up with a lot of hybrids and FW for the 2nd shot.  In hindsight I should have been up a tee box.  Also  I didn't have my normal putter so putting was less than stellar. 

A lot of excuses.  Plain and simple just didn't hit it well.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

9 hours ago, edingc said:

- 39/41 = 80 (+8) 😃

- 3/15 FIR 🤮 

- 6/18 GIR (2 birdies)

- 33 Putts (2 3-putts, 11 2-putts, 5 1-putts) 😃

- 2:45 Round Time 😃

Set a new personal best this morning and was oh so close to breaking 80. 

Stan Utley is awesome. Picked up his book last week, spent a few days working on his chipping technique and am loving the results. Very easy, stress free putting day for me because of how close I was leaving my chips and approaches.

I could not get the driver going on the back nine, which really hurt my chances of breaking 80. Although I only hit three fairways today, my misses on the front were a lot better than on the back, and my distance was too. Not a lot of scoring chances on the back at all, really was fighting to save par or bogey most holes.

I did have several putts come up just short or burn an edge. Those are going to start dropping soon, I know it.

I hope you do it quicker than I did. I think I shot 80 like 20+ times before I finally eclipsed it. Good work!

12 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Pretty poorly....98 😢

Maiden voyage round with the 919 Forged was disappointing.  Not really due to the irons.   I played a course I hadn't played in quite a while and some of the forced carries off the tee were a bit much for me, so I didn't hit a lot of irons.  Ended up with a lot of hybrids and FW for the 2nd shot.  In hindsight I should have been up a tee box.  Also  I didn't have my normal putter so putting was less than stellar. 

I'm still jealous of them!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Tale of two different rounds for me this weekend. Hit it really well yesterday and didn’t make a putt and got pretty much any bad break I could have gotten. Had to take an unplayable in the second hole when it hit my ball three paces through the fairway into an old what I guess I can call a divot. Played this morning in the first group off and cruised to an easy 73 off the back tees. Put the Flash SZ back in my bag and just killed it off the tee. Missed on fairway today and that was by design for an angle I to the green. Putting finally came around and loving the new flat stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Pretty poorly....98

First sentence scared me a bit. It took me a longer than usual to get used to the Mizzie’s not sure why but I think it’s the shaft difference.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played in my league's two-day event at Bay Hill. Saturday's 92 was pretty solid, but missed a bunch of putts. Sunday's 85 had a few more missed shots, but more putts made, and a season-best 39 on the front 9. Altogether it was enough to wind up winning the B-flight. 

• Like 6

Driver:  PXG 811x Gen1, HZRDS Smoke Yellow 60g S

Fariway:   :titelist-small: 917 F2, 3-Wood Fujikura Blue 

Hybrid:   :ping-small: G410 18*

Irons:  :titelist-small: T300 4-5, T200 6-PW Nippon 880 Pro R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 50*, 54*, 58*, TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  EXO Rossie 34.5" (Tester) 

As my club has been swampy, I Traveled 40 minutes north to Brooksville Country Club yesterday for a groupon fourssome, purchased a couple months ago. The course was dry, which was terrific. Shot a 43/42:85 with 2 birdies. Putting was horrific but palatable. This course has 4 holes on the back that were carved out of a quarry, making this the Disneyland golf of Florida. #11 was named one of the top 10 most fun holes to play in the US a few years back. There are 2 Par 4’s and 2 Par 3’s. The Par 4’s are risk/reward type holes(I birdied the first one!) and the Par 3’s are elevation challenged holes. Lotta fun!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I played in this unique outing this weekend that raised money for Breast Cancer.  We played on teams, but used our own score and played the shots out, however we played from the Ladies Tees.

I'm not sure if it was the mindset that we had to use my other team members score for 9 holes, but I played very loose and played some of the best golf I ever have.  

I had 2 eagles, 6 birdies, and 3 ugly bogeys, but altogether it was for a 64 (7 under).  I missed 3 other birdie chances as well, 2 from 15 feet and one from 7 feet.  I wasn't keeping tabs, but think I only had 24 putts or so for the day and was on fire with the flat stick.

It would be my best round, but since we were playing Ladies Tees, I'm not sure it can be counted as such.  The rating from those tees are 69 so it would be more like 5 under par, which would tie my best round.

Anyways, a great round for me and all for a good cause.  Hopefully I can continue this momentum when I move back to the regular tees.

• Like 9

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

A tale of 2 nines... 46/38... not sure why it always takes me so long to figure things out... this seems to happen a lot to me. I think I'm a bit of a mental case....haha

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

Broke my shaft on the driver and got it replaced. Played Sunday and drove the ball well until I got somewhat tired. Was first off the tees Sunday but my partner was slow. 3:10 minutes for 2 golfers. I could have finished in 2:15 but it is what it is.

Ended up shooting a 91 blowing several 5-10 footers and in general having a really tough putting day where I couldn't get anything to go where I wanted. Other than a few lost drives, I was pretty happy with the way I was hitting the ball.

Our league is interesting, my partner quit and another replaced him. Since then, we are 3 and 0 and running away with the 2nd half season. It's always nice to play well, but honestly it feels like teams are blowing up and I'm just able to get bogey/par and walk away. Less I'm earning it and more they're handing it to me.

• Like 3

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

First sentence scared me a bit. It took me a longer than usual to get used to the Mizzie’s not sure why but I think it’s the shaft difference.

Yeah, I don't think I can blame the shafts, I' had these before in the JPX900 Hot Metals and they were fine.   I think it was a stinky swing day.  Except for a few drives. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Played a familiar course that had some redesign/layout changes using holes from the other course on Saturday with the old crew. 

First time swinging a club in 3 weeks and it showed. Irons were a guess most of the day. Driver was better than I figured and short game was like the irons. 

Been a strange year on the course and in general with me and golf. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I had a goal of 71 at a local course, but made a bogey on 17 and shot 72. 😐

I flat out duffed a chip along the green and missed the long par. Still a good round, but my driver has been amazing the last couple of months and has been leaving me with relatively short shots into holes. I give all credit to Super Speed training HA.

• Like 3

Played the executive course this weekend as I was short on time. The course is practically a goat range at all times, with barely discernible fairways, and greens about as true as shag carpet. Still, it's a nice shakeup from the other courses that places extra emphasis on GIR. It's a 9-hole par 30 course that I looped twice for 18-holes. Played the first 9 at +4 and the second 9 at +5.

Hit the ball pretty well for the most part - especially the second time through. I noticed how effortlessly I pounded driver on #7 (the only hole where it comes out of the bag) and made a conscious decision to use a similar tempo and action for all swings the second time around. I gained nearly a full club in distance while producing the same or eerily similar trajectories!

Short game was mostly good and though my stats will argue, I'd say I putted pretty well. I used 39 putts for the 18, but considering how poor the greens are (shaggy, ball marks everywhere, dead spots, areas that should be marked as ground under repair) I'll take it. I tried my best not to adjust to the greens and putt with a similar pace to all the other greens in the area. Inevitably, I left several putts short. The putter stroke and the lines I picked where typically good though so I call it a win.

• Like 3

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Yeah, I don't think I can blame the shafts, I' had these before in the JPX900 Hot Metals and they were fine.   I think it was a stinky swing day.  Except for a few drives. 

I know about “stinky” swing days

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Miserable 9 Big Boy this morning. I live 3 miles from course and I had 1” rain overnight, received 3”+ same storm. CPO and actually course should have been closed. We all played like garbage including a 6 hcp who was riding with me.
On top of that humuggity 90% and heat index 100’+.
Hope this weather pattern breaks soon.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

55 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Miserable 9 Big Boy this morning. I live 3 miles from course and I had 1” rain overnight, received 3”+ same storm. CPO and actually course should have been closed. We all played like garbage including a 6 hcp who was riding with me.
On top of that humuggity 90% and heat index 100’+.
Hope this weather pattern breaks soon.

apart from the humidity that reflects our weather, constant rain and storms with 4 minutes of sunshine.

The jetstream is so far south of us just now it's pulling in a party of storms daily. 

/I think I need to move house

• Like 5

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Shot a nice little 39 this afternoon with one birdie and 4 bogeys.  Should have been a bit better, but I'm guessing they hadn't moved the cups since saturday morning so there holes were crowned.  Had to hit the perfect putt or the ball would break to either side .

Iron striking is getting there.  So much more compression.  Makes those Mizunos feel even better 🙂

• Like 7

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:srixon-small: ZU85 18* Tour AD 95X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-9 Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 46F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X