Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Random Thread

ole gray

37 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Mildly tweaked my left glute & hamstring playing softball, and now I’ve got a tournament to play in a couple hours.  It’s fine, but not 100%.

I normally walk, and right now I can’t decide if today I should walk to keep it loose, or if I should ride to avoid fatigue given that it’s not quite fully healthy.

Anyone have any brilliant insights?

I personally would walk. I prefer to keep the blood flowing. Will me much soarer later I’m sure but during 18 I Definitely would prefer to keep it loose

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

45 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Mildly tweaked my left glute & hamstring playing softball, and now I’ve got a tournament to play in a couple hours.  It’s fine, but not 100%.

I normally walk, and right now I can’t decide if today I should walk to keep it loose, or if I should ride to avoid fatigue given that it’s not quite fully healthy.

Anyone have any brilliant insights?

The extra blood in the area will help in the long run but play it by ear. Bob said it best and do a mix

54 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I for the sake of your score I’d walk - keep the rhythm and flow you are used to. 

But stretch stretch stretch. Now, before you go. During the round. Everything three or four holes take a minute and stretch. 

I think this is the route I’m leaning towards, I just am a little worried about getting to 14 and wishing I’d ridden.

Nuance here is this tournament is the club championship and I’m very much the FNG, and don’t really know the course very well.  (Game isn’t really in shape; don’t expect to do well but I am after the experience of it.) Point being, whoever I’d be sharing a cart with would be a complete stranger, and it would be just my luck to get some d-bag who’s taking himself way too seriously…

Thanks all.  Except you @Lacassem…re your post in another thread, I’m in the Air Force, not the Army.  Strike one my friend…  😂

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

5 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I think this is the route I’m leaning towards, I just am a little worried about getting to 14 and wishing I’d ridden.

Nuance here is this tournament is the club championship and I’m very much the FNG, and don’t really know the course very well.  (Game isn’t really in shape; don’t expect to do well but I am after the experience of it.) Point being, whoever I’d be sharing a cart with would be a complete stranger, and it would be just my luck to get some d-bag who’s taking himself way too seriously…

Thanks all.  Except you @Lacassem…re your post in another thread, I’m in the Air Force, not the Army.  Strike one my friend…  😂

Army, Air Force….same 💩 different 🚽 

good luck with the CC!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

On 9/15/2022 at 1:52 PM, MattWillGolf said:

My wife and I had a wonderful time last Friday night at a concert. Loverboy, REO Speedwagon, and Styx. Fast forward to this week. We both have rested positive for COVID. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Golf will be on hold for a bit.

Bummer.  I presume you both weren't feeling well and that prompted getting tested? We've seen REO Speedwagon a couple of times years past... always a good show. Kevin Cronin is among the few rock n' rollers that seems to have mastered defying father thyme. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

At risk of being dropped into that Army abyss, take an Ibuprofin to ensure your muscles relax and just go easy whichever way you decide to go 

Sounds easy enough, but with all the speed training of late the inner Bryson tends to want to come out these days…. 😂 

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

good luck with the CC!

I mean I did make a chairforce comment at the mid-Atlantic meet up 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sounds easy enough, but with all the speed training of late the inner Bryson tends to want to come out these days…. 😂 

Hayes good luck and don’t try to crush it especially if you get sore don’t need to cause further issues

1 minute ago, tommc23 said:

I mean I did make a chairforce comment at the mid-Atlantic meet up 😂😂😂

Hayes good luck and don’t try to crush it especially if you get sore don’t need to cause further issues

I mean it has to be said to the flyers. It comes with the territory! Buddy of mine who now works with me is Air Force….Im surprised he still wants to be friends

Next meetup I’ll compound those jokes with ya!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

26 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I mean it has to be said to the flyers. It comes with the territory! Buddy of mine who now works with me is Air Force….Im surprised he still wants to be friends

Next meetup I’ll compound those jokes with ya!

We Air Force guys totally understand why the jabs head our way from the other forces... and we are trained to deal with them 😊.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

14 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

We Air Force guys totally understand why the jabs head our way from the other forces... and we are trained to deal with them 😊.

Don’t train for anything else but taking the verbal abuse 😂 (for all those thinking we are jerks, this is just the way it is 😂)

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On another note, scheduled a long game fitting at Club Champion this coming Monday.  New driver and FW possibly…

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

....... I’d be sharing a cart with would be a complete stranger, and it would be just my luck to get some d-bag

Is this a flash back to the MD golf outing??!!  😲

Some Navy guy must have set up the groups for you to get stuck on a cart with me both days!!  😁

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Bummer.  I presume you both weren't feeling well and that prompted getting tested? We've seen REO Speedwagon a couple of times years past... always a good show. Kevin Cronin is among the few rock n' rollers that seems to have mastered defying father thyme. 

Indeed weren’t feeling well which prompted the test. I tested positive 2 days after my wife.

Kevin commented that he just turned 70. Not sure I’d be up for running around a stage during a rock show at 70 that’s for sure. But walking a golf course with a motorized pushcart is on my list. ☺️

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

19 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Some Navy guy must have set up the groups for you to get stuck on a cart with me both days!!  😁

Ha!  I blame the first day play on you for sure!  🤣

Not a happy golf day....  😒

Beautiful sunny, 80* low humidity day....

Feeling good since I didn't beat myself up this week working so no sore muscles or stiff back...

New to me driver shaft came yesterday and I am stoked to do some comparison testing.....

Buuuut.....The whole day is shot because I have to travel to a wedding for a niece.  And its a second marriage for them....not even a first.  And I was out of it until last week when my kid was supposed to be getting my mother to it but now her work schedule changed and she cant take her.  And it's being held at a golf course venue so I'll get to see the course and think about how I could be testing the Accra driver shaft instead.

I told them when I declined initially that I do one wedding attendance per lifetime...and that includes my own!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

good luck with the CC!

I disagree…….😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

You gotta watch out for those Navy guys, they’re nothing but trouble. 😂

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

14 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

You gotta watch out for those Navy guys, they’re nothing but trouble. 😂

Say WHAT? Careful I'm ex Navy 😁

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Say WHAT? Careful I'm ex Navy 😁

My son was a Navy Corpsman. 😄

4 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

My son was a Navy Corpsman. 😄

That's okay, I'm sure he's good at other stuff...  🤣

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

That's okay, I'm sure he's good at other stuff...  🤣

That’s just not right…….

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

New experience, volunteer for the PGA Drive, Chip and Putt event and this one was the Northeast Regional that sends winners to the National competition at Augusta week before the Masters.  The venue was Oak Hill CC in Penfield, NY suburb of Rochester and site of the 2023 PGA Championship. 20220918_163605.jpg.7655ddd1f155d2a728be817784d07f8e.jpg

That’s great!!  Must be a lot of fun with the kids!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

New experience, volunteer for the PGA Drive, Chip and Putt event and this one was the Northeast Regional that sends winners to the National competition at Augusta week before the Masters.  The venue was Oak Hill CC in Penfield, NY suburb of Rochester and site of the 2023 PGA Championship. 20220918_163605.jpg.7655ddd1f155d2a728be817784d07f8e.jpg

Every time I go to our course to practice in the late morning, I see this Asian dad with 3 little kids; 2 girls and a boy (maybe 5-8yo).  They spend about 15 minutes on the driving range, then 15-20 minutes on the putting green... chipping and putting.  The middle girl is extremely deadly chipping!!  That's all the time they spend there, and the dad doesn't have any clubs of his own.  Each kid carries their little bag with a driver, iron and a putter.  The don't play around; just practice their shots with his encouragement, and when it's time to leave, they leave very quietly.  I commented to the dad how good they were and he said that they all want to go to Augusta for the Drive, Chip and Putt.  I'm pretty sure I will see that one little girl there; maybe all of them!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Gotta love thise Friday night lights….on a Monday 

8C5A33A1-6CED-410E-B1D5-3EA61DE739D3.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

4 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

WATCH NASA SMASH INTO AN ASTEROID: Sixty-five million years ago, an asteroid struck Earth. Today, NASA strikes back. The Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) spacecraft is about to intentionally collide with asteroid Dimorphos in a test to see if human tech can change an asteroid's trajectory. The collision will be live streamed starting at 5:30 pm EDT. Follow the links @ Spaceweather.com

Guessing it's going to be more exciting than one of my well hit golf balls into the nearest tree.

Watching intently!!  This is riveting!  🤣  We need Bruce Willis.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

The news conference (started at 8pm EST) is illuminating to the mission and what is expected to come from it.  Huge success and the impact was everything hoped for, everything happened at exactly the time expected.  Awesome images until last frame before impact, that was incomplete as download was interrupted by the collision. 💥

I was wondering when they will figure out what impact this impact will have on the trajectory of the asteroid.  Maybe it causes a disaster years down the solar system because we messed with the "nature of things"?

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I was wondering when they will figure out what impact this impact will have on the trajectory of the asteroid.  Maybe it causes a disaster years down the solar system because we messed with the "nature of things"?

Like a cosmic butterfly affect, lets sure hope not

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Have you ever had to cancel credit cards?  What a day!!!  My wife drove to the walking path along the Columbia River to walk with her friend this morning.  She stopped at our golf course since she drives right by it.  She gets home and comes in to tell me that she lost her wallet; she looked "everywhere".  She called her friend who checked the parking lot by the river, the clubhouse because she used the bathroom; she checked her car and all the clothes she wore... no wallet.  

It has 4 credit cards and one debit card, drivers license, SS card, Medicare and insurance cards, and about $300 in cash.  So, we start calling all the credit card companies and the bank to cancel the cards.  She was about to go get a new drivers license, when she grabbed her purse and guess what was in it... Yep!!... her wallet.  She never took her purse with her when she went for the walk!!

Now we have new credit cards coming... AND I get to notify all the businesses that have my CC on file for monthly charges.  Last time a replaced cards, I missed a couple, but they notified me quickly enough.  My BP is up!!!!

Bands of rain from Ian leftovers coming through our area and we lost power a little before 5 this morning.  Barely any wind at all so i am very surprised, but its only a minor inconvenience.  I hope everyone in its more direct path are making out ok