Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

Well, my dog decided to bite me in the mouth when I leaned over to say bye to him. Never done anything like that before, maybe he was protecting his bone idk. Bout 20 stitches later I am recovering ok, but can't go in the sun and I'm pretty drugged up so no golf for me for a little bit :(

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Well, my dog decided to bite me in the mouth when I leaned over to say bye to him. Never done anything like that before, maybe he was protecting his bone idk. Bout 20 stitches later I am recovering ok, but can't go in the sun and I'm pretty drugged up so no golf for me for a little bit :(

Sorry man, Sure can't like that.

Maybe A trip to the vets and get him checked. Could be something wrong going on.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Ouch!  That's gonna hurt for a few days.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Well, the smoke is finally clearing out of the area!!  The temperature has dropped from the high 90's to 80's, sunny and no wind!  So what's my rant???   Yesterday afternoon the course started plugging all the tees, fairways, and greens.  The course will not be open for play until Wednesday, and of course, play will suck!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well, the smoke is finally clearing out of the area!! The temperature has dropped from the high 90's to 80's, sunny and no wind! So what's my rant??? Yesterday afternoon the course started plugging all the tees, fairways, and greens. The course will not be open for play until Wednesday, and of course, play will suck!

Kenny

Same here on our course. They're aerating the fairways and course is closed from today through Thursday. However I'm going with a bunch of guys tomorrow to another course about 30 min away. The problem is it'll take a few days for the course to recover - but then I've got a legitimate excuse for not playing well

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Kenny

Same here on our course. They're aerating the fairways and course is closed from today through Thursday. However I'm going with a bunch of guys tomorrow to another course about 30 min away. The problem is it'll take a few days for the course to recover - but then I've got a legitimate excuse for not playing well

I've already used up all the excuses I can think of, and I have already used this one before.  

We have a sister course about 10 minutes away that is managed by the same group.  We don't have reciprocal playing privileges, but we get 50% off any rate.  However, I suspect they will be doing the same maintenance as soon as the plugging machines are done at my course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have been fortunate enough to have absolutely nothing to complain about for the duration of summer.  What happened Friday changed that quickly!

My firm hosts a "client appreciation" golf outing every September.  It's a large event so we use a different regional club each year to host.  Sort of a "spread the wealth" kind of thing.  My firm goes above and beyond for this event and our clientele absolutely love it.  My issue is with the club that hosted Friday.  I won't mention them by name but I really should.  

First, we paid for full breakfast service for our clients prior to going out on the golf course.  We agreed on eggs, biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, bagels, yogurt and a variety of fresh fruit.  We got no bagels, yogurt, fruit or gravy and the club ran out of sausage and bacon halfway through.

Second, we promised our clients drinks and snacks would be provided on the golf course.  The club said it violated their liquor license for us to pass out or stage drinks at different intervals around the club.  They would make sure drinks were distributed around the course regularly.  Two-thirds of the teams coming off the golf course never got drinks or even saw a "cart girl".  Many of the one-third of the golfers who did receive drinks were charged for them by that "cart girl".  The club double dipped on all on-course drinks and snacks.  

Third, the dinning facility has two double-door buffet lines on each side of the the dining hall.  One was locked and never used.  So, we had 26 teams of 4 golfers plus 50 company employees going through a single buffet line that took a little over an hour to complete.  I thought it was ridiculous not to open the other side of the buffet line and reduce that hour by half.

Fourth, club employees were refilling the warmers in the buffet line with opened cans of baked beans rather than taking the empty warmer to the kitchen to refill.  Nitpicky, absolutely.  But the optics were terrible.  For me, it was indicative of the half-hearted effort this club made on our behalf.

Fifth, the hot-dog and hamburger buns were served refrigerated.  The club didn't even bother to warm them prior to serving.

Sixth, club members were openly frustrated with our presence, voicing that frustration to our clients on several occasions.  

Needless to say, we will never return to this facility.  Golf, especially golf courses have been struggling for a few years now.  If this is any indication, I completely understand one reason why.  This particular club made a half-assed effort to earn the large sum of money my firm paid them to host our event.  

I have been fortunate enough to have absolutely nothing to complain about for the duration of summer. What happened Friday changed that quickly!

My firm hosts a "client appreciation" golf outing every September. It's a large event so we use a different regional club each year to host. Sort of a "spread the wealth" kind of thing. My firm goes above and beyond for this event and our clientele absolutely love it. My issue is with the club that hosted Friday. I won't mention them by name but I really should.

First, we paid for full breakfast service for our clients prior to going out on the golf course. We agreed on eggs, biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, bagels, yogurt and a variety of fresh fruit. We got no bagels, yogurt, fruit or gravy and the club ran out of sausage and bacon halfway through.

Second, we promised our clients drinks and snacks would be provided on the golf course. The club said it violated their liquor license for us to pass out or stage drinks at different intervals around the club. They would make sure drinks were distributed around the course regularly. Two-thirds of the teams coming off the golf course never got drinks or even saw a "cart girl". Many of the one-third of the golfers who did receive drinks were charged for them by that "cart girl". The club double dipped on all on-course drinks and snacks.

Third, the dinning facility has two double-door buffet lines on each side of the the dining hall. One was locked and never used. So, we had 26 teams of 4 golfers plus 50 company employees going through a single buffet line that took a little over an hour to complete. I thought it was ridiculous not to open the other side of the buffet line and reduce that hour by half.

Fourth, club employees were refilling the warmers in the buffet line with opened cans of baked beans rather than taking the empty warmer to the kitchen to refill. Nitpicky, absolutely. But the optics were terrible. For me, it was indicative of the half-hearted effort this club made on our behalf.

Fifth, the hot-dog and hamburger buns were served refrigerated. The club didn't even bother to warm them prior to serving.

Sixth, club members were openly frustrated with our presence, voicing that frustration to our clients on several occasions.

Needless to say, we will never return to this facility. Golf, especially golf courses have been struggling for a few years now. If this is any indication, I completely understand one reason why. This particular club made a half-assed effort to earn the large sum of money my firm paid them to host our event.

WOW!

That's really a shame to make a great day of golf and company pride become a bit tainted.

It's bad what the course manager did to double dip on you guys but the members should know better. What dollars your company dropped there reduces their membership fees. Shot sighted idiots.

BTW, I've seen this many times B4 when I was a working stiff.

Rick

Left Hand, 

@sixcat Seems like the members are going to get exactly what they want! Too bad they don't realize that actions like this will only hurt their club in the future. Stories like this remind me of why the golf industry is headed in the wrong direction.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

@sixcat  I hope your company lodged a formal complaint with the club and requested a refund for services not rendered.  Probably not much chance to get anything other than an apology, but at least they will understand why they won't be receiving that nice payday in the future.

@sixcat  I hope your company lodged a formal complaint with the club and requested a refund for services not rendered.  Probably not much chance to get anything other than an apology, but at least they will understand why they won't be receiving that nice payday in the future.

The company president, marketing director and myself had what amounted to a half-hour conversation with the GM of the club.  He was rather condescending and the conversation was fruitless.

We didn't even get the apology! 

The company president, marketing director and myself had what amounted to a half-hour conversation with the GM of the club.  He was rather condescending and the conversation was fruitless.

I guess the members do have a lot of pull.  Too bad.

After reading this thread you should mention the club, so that nobody else will have to suffer the same embarrassment that you experienced.  Key to both success and failure in this is service orientation- If you work in the service industry (food service, hospitality, golf courses included in that) you need to understand what service means, and if you are in management, then you need to teach what that means, and explain that you are in a competitive industry and what differentiates you from the rest is....  This market differentiation is key in the service industry.  Nothing against Marriott- I am a big fan and frequently stay at the Marriott hotel chains - I like their brand and the service that they routinely bring to the market for the cost point.  That said, The Ritz Carlton was far and away the best in hospitality in the US for a larger hotel chain, then they were purchased by Marriott- It raised Marriott's level, but (IMHO) diluted the Ritz Carlton brand. 

It is little things that make the difference and when that many big things go poorly, there is much more going on than a discussion with the manager will fix.  This organization may be really well off, the members don't want other functions in their little slice of heaven, and so be it.  Sounds like that is the way they are going (for better or worse, because I am sure you are not the first to have this type of problem), and they will either exist on the merits of their membership alone or change (i.e. close or be sold)...

In any event, sorry to hear about your event.  Hope it doesn't have an effect on your business.

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

After reading this thread you should mention the club, so that nobody else will have to suffer the same embarrassment that you experienced.  Key to both success and failure in this is service orientation- If you work in the service industry (food service, hospitality, golf courses included in that) you need to understand what service means, and if you are in management, then you need to teach what that means, and explain that you are in a competitive industry and what differentiates you from the rest is....  This market differentiation is key in the service industry.  Nothing against Marriott- I am a big fan and frequently stay at the Marriott hotel chains - I like their brand and the service that they routinely bring to the market for the cost point.  That said, The Ritz Carlton was far and away the best in hospitality in the US for a larger hotel chain, then they were purchased by Marriott- It raised Marriott's level, but (IMHO) diluted the Ritz Carlton brand. 

It is little things that make the difference and when that many big things go poorly, there is much more going on than a discussion with the manager will fix.  This organization may be really well off, the members don't want other functions in their little slice of heaven, and so be it.  Sounds like that is the way they are going (for better or worse, because I am sure you are not the first to have this type of problem), and they will either exist on the merits of their membership alone or change (i.e. close or be sold)...

In any event, sorry to hear about your event.  Hope it doesn't have an effect on your business.

Given the professional services we provide over a 5 state region, there is an off chance someone could be attached to this club and in a position to punish our firm by refusing projects or turning to a competitor as a result of my calling them out.  I can't and won't do that.

We have actually had this very scenario be an issue at least three times over the past 8 years.  Once was because an employee bashed the Dallas Cowboys on social media.  

It's a petty world in which we live.

@sixcat Seems like the members are going to get exactly what they want! Too bad they don't realize that actions like this will only hurt their club in the future. Stories like this remind me of why the golf industry is headed in the wrong direction.

The company my grandma used to work for would have something like that every year at a private club. She said there were always members that would gripe and complain about "outsiders" using their facility and not being able to go out, even though they had months of warning about it. It closed quite a while ago

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Need a little guidance for a little project. Found a set of used Adams CMB and Titleist 712 MB/CB heads online. Both are same price and similar wear. I'm a decent ball striker (my hdcp comes from lousy putting and driving). Any suggestions on which to get? Heard fantastic things about both sets, including the MGS review of the CMB. Cheers!

Need a little guidance for a little project. Found a set of used Adams CMB and Titleist 712 MB/CB heads online. Both are same price and similar wear. I'm a decent ball striker (my hdcp comes from lousy putting and driving). Any suggestions on which to get? Heard fantastic things about both sets, including the MGS review of the CMB. Cheers!

WOW, good luck with this but definitely above my "pay grade". If it was me it would be an impulse choice so I'm no help.

There's should someone on this site to direct u properly.

Rick

Left Hand, 

CMBs are a heck of a lot more forgiving than the MB/CB combo.  The CMBs are a solid players cavity that seem to get lost these days with the fall of Adams.  The MB/CB combo is also solid, just a tad more penal on mishits.  I had both the CB and MB in my bag at one time or another and they are a bit above my skill level.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

WOW, good luck with this but definitely above my "pay grade". If it was me it would be an impulse choice so I'm no help.

There's should someone on this site to direct u properly.

I sure hope so! Two irons that are dead sexy I wanted when I started changing my box set bag. They're just heads so I can go buck wild with them!

CMBs are a heck of a lot more forgiving than the MB/CB combo. The CMBs are a solid players cavity that seem to get lost these days with the fall of Adams. The MB/CB combo is also solid, just a tad more penal on mishits. I had both the CB and MB in my bag at one time or another and they are a bit above my skill level.

Thanks Jmikecpa! Was leaning towards the CMBs from the start, but wanted to pick some members brains. I play AP2 now, which is the same category of irons and I'm quite happy with how we get along

Thanks Jmikecpa! Was leaning towards the CMBs from the start, but wanted to pick some members brains. I play AP2 now, which is the same category of irons and I'm quite happy with how we get along

Outside of the MB2s the CMBs are my favorite set of Adams irons to date.  I was actually very loyal to Adams for irons and hybrids for close to a decade and played just about everything they made during that time period.  I am actually having my XTD forged irons sent back to me from Las Vegas to give a go at the end of the season now that I am cleared to hit steel shafts again.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

The company president, marketing director and myself had what amounted to a half-hour conversation with the GM of the club. He was rather condescending and the conversation was fruitless.

WOW, that's a "see ya". Sounds like an old time, tight arse, stuffy group of members who think their better than everyone else.

The club I belonged to up north had "outings" on Wednesdays and I believe they had 8 or 10 max per year. This was non-negotiable if you were a member, these outings were going to happen. If you didn't like go play somewhere else for twice the bucks. Some guys did go elsewhere and quite a few came back after a year. 8 afternoons a year doesn't hurt anybody.

And BTW most of the tourneys were Charity events and the community good will was worth it . A lot of us members also played in the Charity stuff.

The guys at that club very short sighted.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Given the professional services we provide over a 5 state region, there is an off chance someone could be attached to this club and in a position to punish our firm by refusing projects or turning to a competitor as a result of my calling them out. I can't and won't do that.

We have actually had this very scenario be an issue at least three times over the past 8 years. Once was because an employee bashed the Dallas Cowboys on social media.

It's a petty world in which we live.

You should call out the club here so that if any of us are planning to go there we'll spend our $$ somewhere else..

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

You should call out the club here so that if any of us are planning to go there we'll spend our $$ somewhere else..

I guess it would feel good to out the p&$&?$ but could cause serious company problems in the future from members hell bent on revenge being outed.

Sixcat and company might be better off just to never go back, oh and have long memory

Rick

Left Hand, 

Outside of the MB2s the CMBs are my favorite set of Adams irons to date. I was actually very loyal to Adams for irons and hybrids for close to a decade and played just about everything they made during that time period. I am actually having my XTD forged irons sent back to me from Las Vegas to give a go at the end of the season now that I am cleared to hit steel shafts again.

I have been browsing for MB2s for while now, as something to toy with over the winter. But the white stuff will be here in not too long, so figured I'd jump on them. They're just heads too so I'm planning on making them kind of unique

I have been fortunate enough to have absolutely nothing to complain about for the duration of summer. What happened Friday changed that quickly!

My firm hosts a "client appreciation" golf outing every September. It's a large event so we use a different regional club each year to host. Sort of a "spread the wealth" kind of thing. My firm goes above and beyond for this event and our clientele absolutely love it. My issue is with the club that hosted Friday. I won't mention them by name but I really should.

First, we paid for full breakfast service for our clients prior to going out on the golf course. We agreed on eggs, biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, bagels, yogurt and a variety of fresh fruit. We got no bagels, yogurt, fruit or gravy and the club ran out of sausage and bacon halfway through.

Second, we promised our clients drinks and snacks would be provided on the golf course. The club said it violated their liquor license for us to pass out or stage drinks at different intervals around the club. They would make sure drinks were distributed around the course regularly. Two-thirds of the teams coming off the golf course never got drinks or even saw a "cart girl". Many of the one-third of the golfers who did receive drinks were charged for them by that "cart girl". The club double dipped on all on-course drinks and snacks.

Third, the dinning facility has two double-door buffet lines on each side of the the dining hall. One was locked and never used. So, we had 26 teams of 4 golfers plus 50 company employees going through a single buffet line that took a little over an hour to complete. I thought it was ridiculous not to open the other side of the buffet line and reduce that hour by half.

Fourth, club employees were refilling the warmers in the buffet line with opened cans of baked beans rather than taking the empty warmer to the kitchen to refill. Nitpicky, absolutely. But the optics were terrible. For me, it was indicative of the half-hearted effort this club made on our behalf.

Fifth, the hot-dog and hamburger buns were served refrigerated. The club didn't even bother to warm them prior to serving.

Needless to say, we will never return to this facility. Golf, especially golf courses have been struggling for a few years now. If this is any indication, I completely understand one reason why. This particular club made a half-assed effort to earn the large sum of money my firm paid them to host our event.

Wow!!

This is just unbelievable. This is what I do for a living and if we ever put an outing on like that....(not that I have to worry for one moment as we have an incredible staff) I would have been in so many faces of our managers you wouldn't believe.

I understand the dynamics of a GM of a private answering to members. But there has to an understanding in the club. If we are going to do outside evemts, then we will do it right.

I mean it's their name and reputation on the line. I can't even imagine why the GM thought it was acceptable to shortcut and basically cheat your outing out of its money.

I wish you were in MD, so we could have an opportunity to show you how outings are done. We did over 150 last year, will exceed that this year, and we had one minor complaint last year. It was corrected and made whole and the planner came back and this years went flawlessly.

And we are "just" a county run muni!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have done everything the ortho has told me to do and was cleared to try steel shafts again. One range session is all it lasted. My elbow hurts like heck right now after a full season of next to no issues. Guess it is time to dust off the Hogans and put them in the bag.

WITB 2024

I have done everything the ortho has told me to do and was cleared to try steel shafts again. One range session is all it lasted. My elbow hurts like heck right now after a full season of next to no issues. Guess it is time to dust off the Hogans and put them in the bag.

There is no shame in playing non steel shafts. Technology has really advanced and you can get equivalent performance from graphite

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Stick with the graphite.

Personally I prefer steel shafts but physically they don't work for me anymore so graphite it is.

Rick

Left Hand, 

There is no shame in playing non steel shafts. Technology has really advanced and you can get equivalent performance from graphite

That is the plan. It is not a pride thing by any stretch but I prefer the flight of my Adams XTD forged with C Taper 130x shafts. I have Recoil 110 F5s in my Hogans and Steelfiber 110cw X in my Callys. Right now I have a lot of Hogan in the bag.

WITB 2024