Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Bulle Rock in Maryland

TheWahoo

The rumor that one of the first up-scale golf courses in Maryland is in danger of closing is it real or just talk.   Is anyone else familiar with this.   If true, I must admit that I'm somewhat shocked.

I have heard that rumor on and off for the last few years, but never anything concrete.  I have a few friends that are pros in DE and will see if they have heard anything.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Hate to see Bulle Rock close, just like Beechtree...

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2017/04/26/bulle-rock-golf-club-owners-selling-property-amid.html

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Hate to see Bulle Rock close, just like Beechtree...

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2017/04/26/bulle-rock-golf-club-owners-selling-property-amid.html

MDGolfHacker

Thanks for the link, Hacker.   While I have not played Bulle Rock often and probably won't very often if it stays open, I just hate to see golf courses close.   Yea, when it was announce that Edgewood Arsenal was to be expanded, the property on which Beechtree resided became more valuable for development.

Hopefully the course doesn't close, but management sure did a lot of things wrong to limit revenue IMO. First, their green fees were some of the highest on the eastern sea board and while the design is a more subdued Dye with good character traits, it's not good enough to command that price. Yet they persisted in trying to be a premier golf destination, but the customer service was terrible and there are way too many options at least in the Philly area to consider going down there, spending a ton a money just so they can be treated terribly.

Why they never moved their price point and did more to attract the public is beyond me.

This may or may not have an effect on trying to now sell the place. I only hope a buyer comes in and totally changes their business model, for the sake of the course.

WIT  :titelist-small: Sta Dry Bag:

Driver:       :taylormade-small: '17 M2

Woods:     :taylormade-small: M2 3W and 5W

Hybrids:   :callaway-logo-1: Apex 3h and 5h  

Irons:          :mizuno-small:   MP 18 MMC

Wedges:   :callaway-logo-1: MD PM Grind, 56* and 60*

Putter:      :scotty-cameron-1: California Sonoma

Thanks for the link, Hacker. While I have not played Bulle Rock often and probably won't very often if it stays open, I just hate to see golf courses close. Yea, when it was announce that Edgewood Arsenal was to be expanded, the property on which Beechtree resided became more valuable for development.

TheWahoo:

I played it twice last year only because we had an outing there, otherwise I wouldn't have done it at the prices they were charging. I could of played three rounds at any of the courses in Maryland that are equal to it in terms of layout and challenge. They definitely had priced it out of reach to most golfers. Hopefully they don't close it as it has a storied history with the McDonald's LPGA playing there for years and the seniors too at one point I think.

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Great post PGG. MDGolfHacker referenced an outing we had there two years ago. It was horrible conditions accompanied by horrible customer service.

We went back the next year only because our good mutual friend Alex cams down to visit and he wanted to play there. Things were improved, but the majority of us felt thst it was still too much for the experiemce.

The course is a very good course. But in my mind it's not a truly great course. There are maybe 2 or 3 holes you will remember from there a week after you play it for the first time.

Time will tell what happens.

MDGH, the LPGA did in fact host the LPGA Championship there for 3 years. But no men's professional tour has ever played there to my knowledge.

The original owner said he had recieved word from the USGA they would consider it for a USGA event of some sort and if that went well, they would look at it for a US Amatuer, and possible US Open. Obviously none of that has happened.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Great post PGG. MDGolfHacker referenced an outing we had there two years ago. It was horrible conditions accompanied by horrible customer service.

We went back the next year only because our good mutual friend Alex cams down to visit and he wanted to play there. Things were improved, but the majority of us felt thst it was still too much for the experiemce.

The course is a very good course. But in my mind it's not a truly great course. There are maybe 2 or 3 holes you will remember from there a week after you play it for the first time.

Time will tell what happens.

MDGH, the LPGA did in fact host the LPGA Championship there for 3 years. But no men's professional tour has ever played there to my knowledge.

The original owner said he had recieved word from the USGA they would consider it for a USGA event of some sort and if that went well, they would look at it for a US Amatuer, and possible US Open. Obviously none of that has happened.

OK, good to know :)

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: