Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Cleveland-Srixon #FitLikeAPro: 6 Month Report

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

srixon_report_header.jpeg

Cleveland Srixon #FitLikeAPro: 6 Month Report

My journey to better began last November during the MyGolfSpy #FitLikeaPro Cleveland/Srixon experience at their headquarters in Huntington Beach, California. It was a whirlwind adventure over 2 days that involved full bag fittings, a tour of HQ, sit down dinners with all the people in the know from marketing to R&D and a few quality holes of golf.

journey_to_better.JPG

Yes, it's been 6 months since I visited California, but I didn't want to rush back and write something without putting legit playing time on these while still drunk on the Srixon koolaid. I did that after the TaylorMade #LoftUp trip to the Kingdom and learned my lesson, that driver and I were so such a mismatch it was straight up commical. I've already taken a lot of flak and jabs (jokingly I hope) from buddies who see my social media and say I've become a part of the Srixon axis of evil hive collective taking over the internet, or I've been brainwashed by my free trip, but that's just not true and I can speak to that on two levels. First, I went to Cleveland/Srixon, so as MGS staffer I'm the guy with first hand knowledge of the product. If I had gone to PING, Callaway, or TaylorMade my social media and forum voice would be the same because that's the product I can actually attest to. Secondly, and this one's important: Cleveland/Srixon products flat out perform and I'll get into that more in-depth as we go on.

MGS_at_Srixon.JPG

When I arrived in Cali I was met by Eli Miller (Marketing Communications Manager) at the airport and whisked off to a little Mexican joint, there we hooked up with the rest of the MGSers and Noelle Zavaleta (Marketing Communications Associate). This was a non pretentious lunch and set the tone early as to who Cleveland/Srixon are: a company run by real everyday people just like you and me, who just want to tell you their story. Nothing about it felt forced or staged, they come across as genuine.

dan_looking_club_orders.JPG

The fitting experience was great. I spent the majority of it hanging out with Cleveland/Srixon marketing and PR gurus Eli and Noelle where I learned all the great details of the 2017 Z series lineup. I also learned that their staff are extremely​ knowledgeable and golf experienced outside their title roles as Eli fit me through the entire bag.

fitting_day.jpg

So now 6 months removed from my tryst in Huntington Beach, the honeymoon is over and I feel I'm finally in a good place to speak to the product. I've got 2 solid months of golf in, which have started their typical way as they seem to annually for me. Month one my ball striking is lights out, can't miss a shot and short game is meh. Month two is a complete reversal where I'm between my old swing and new, but my short game is lights out and I'm still shooting around par. But all this is good, why? Because I can speak to how each product affects or helps my game during inconsistent struggles and when it's on.

So with that said let's take a look at Cleveland/Srixons 2017 lineup with what's in my bag.

Driver

Z565_driver.jpeg

Srixon Z565 10.5* with Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 7 73g Stiff shaft

My impressions going into this was that Srixon is an iron and ball company and that drivers (woods) were just a product sku to fill out a full bag listing; I couldn't have been more wrong. The driver may actually be the shining star of the whole 2017 Srixon lineup, but don't just take it from me, there's a reason MyGolfSpy named the Z565 the 2017 Most Wanted driver and the Z765 rounded out the top 5 and I'll say it again--they flat out perform.

2017 Srixon drivers are powered by 3 new key technologies: a power wave sole, stretch flex cup face and lightweight crown.. Well R&D must be onto something because I've been not only smashing the cores out of balls, but hitting a lot of fairways at the same time.

miyazaki.png

The unsung hero though might be the stock shaft offerings with 2017 Srixon drivers - the Miyazaki Kaula line. Here it pays to own a high end shaft company as Srixon do and because of this they can offer the Kaula to golfers in 4 profiles and 32 different configurations to find the best fit for each player.

Kaula models consist of:

KIRI - for players who need to increase distance with a higher launch.

MIZU - mid launch mid spin fitting a wide range of players who want maximum distance and control.

MIZORE - high-speed players who prefer a low-mid trajectory with low spin.

KORI - high-speed players who prefer a penetrating launch with low spin.

OK enough tech talk...

The Z565 has been as long as anything for me and it it's finding fairways. I think that speaks to its workability as much as the tech that keeps it from straying offline. I want to point out one thing good or bad - these drivers are loud, you know when you've smacked one and your group will tell they heard it. Probably my biggest takeaway from this driver is it's ability to produce minimal distance loss on miss-hit shots, yes I've hit some skanky drives this year and never find myself more than a club back of optimal distance.

My own performance aside, I've seen others with the same results. On the trip KCLeo (this guy's pure stick and can golf a ball) was fit to the Z765 and has long struggled to find an ideal low spin and workable combination. He was nutting the driver and if you follow his social media continues to to this day. SCC4380 (Steve) was fit into a Z565 9.5⁰ driver with a Miyazaki Kaula Mizore 6 S shaft and may have hit his career drive on our 6th hole, which I swear was somewhere in the 340 yard range.

So yes those are guys who joined me on the Srixon smchooz fest trip, what about the pure and unsullied masses? A good friend and member of my weekly foursome put his order in last week for a very similar setup to mine, he just couldn't get over how well I'm hitting it.

My takeaway from all this - Srixon is a driver company and should be on your list of drivers to try.

3 wood

F65.jpeg

F65 3 15* wood with Miyazaki

Since my late 80's TaylorMade spoon, I haven't met a 3 wood I loved... A lot of that plays into look and comfortability at address . The Z F65 3 wood not only sits nice, but performs and feels like the Z series drivers. Not much more to say here, it works, but I’m sure I could hate it in a month just because it's a 3 wood.

Utility

forged.jpg

U65 2 utility iron with Nippon Modus3 120 S shaft

Want a hybrid that doesn't tend to flip over into hooks, enter the Srixon U65 utility series clubs. These things like to hold straight or baby cuts and they got everything covered in the distance department too. These are the perfect clubs for those who don't like the look of hybrids at address.

Irons

longZ565.JPG

Srixon Z565 4-5 & Z765 6-PW with Nippon Modus3 120 S shafts

V.T. Soles - that's the magic of these beauties. Designed to move through the ground easier and help tighten up shot dispersion. Translated: they make club go fast through the grass. You can be tired, lazy, hitting em fat and they still cut through the turf and minimize your miss-hits. Believe me I've seen it.

VT-Sole.JPG

The Z565 irons are compact for a cavity back not much bigger than the Z765, feel really smooth and offer quite a bit more playability than they suggest.  I went with these in the long irons because they just added a touch more confidence on long shots. Other than my semi-shovels RocketBladez  have I found it this easy to get long irons up in the air and and stop them near targets.

longirons_inbag.JPG

Z765 in the mid and short irons were a no brainer. A Slimmer muscle cavity loaded with improvement technology that feel like butter. When you pure one these it feels as good as any irons on the market and I've hit the proclaimed kings: the Mizuno line.

Z765_inbag.JPG

I was fit into the stock Nippon Modus3 120 option and it's a incredible pairing for a stock combo.

Oh and I should mention, Srixon irons tested really well at MyGolfSpy HQ too. https://www.mygolfspy.com/tested-2017-srixon-z-series-irons/

Wedges

rtx_3_bench.JPG

Cleveland RTX-3 Tour Raw V-MG sole with Nippon Modus3 120 S shafts 50*-54*-58*

These come in 3 grinds and like Srixon irons, feature Cleveland's extremely versatile V-Sole technology. I was fit to the V-MG which is a mid-range bounce and adapts nicely to the variable course conditions I experience in Pacific Northwest. The combinations of sole technologies combined with micro milling and laser milled face technologies have been noticeable when pulling off shots I haven't been able to make in years.

rtx_wedges_inBag.JPG

As an example I had a 50 yard, half wedge pitch recently that that I could hear and feel I caught pure, "crisp and clean", however it flew 3 feet past the hole. Well to my shock and surprise I only had a 7 footer left. That ball literally one hopped and stopped dead.

Oh and there's a cool face balancing technology, a shortened hosel, some weight move around, resulting is more head stability and straighter shots. I'm not going to ramble anymore, here's a video explaining it all.

Shaft wise I was fitted to matching Modus3 shafts like my irons and I really like this combo. Not only have these wedges been a treat around the greens, but they play like irons on full shots. I've had wedges in the past that just felt limited in their abilities outside of 100 yards, either pop-up off the face or never seem to load properly. With the RTX-3 combo I'm able to flight trajectories, work them left and right, and step on them when I need that extra 4-5 yards.

I gotta  point out that I went with the raw finish and I'm curious to see if my OCD freaks out as the clean beauty starts to look more like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Putter

HB_green.JPG

I thought for sure I was going to be gaming the Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 this season. The HB series putters are all about wow factor forged feel and milling, plus incredible balance all for under $100. But then something happened...

On golf day I was informed they would not have a Huntington Beach available for me due to stock issues, so I was supplied with a TFi 2135 1.0. I had tested the TFi during fitting day and frankly, was not in love with the feel. You know though somethings are just fate, because I canned 3 putts over 20 feet in the first 6 holes we played, and then the epiphany; this putter is super easy to align, hard to get the ball started offline and the distance control is unreal.

So then Cleveland was awesome enough to ship me home both putters, and being me I got all excited when the Hunting Beach finished fourth in MyGolfSpy's Most Wanted Blade test. So I bag the HB for the first month of season and putting just ok. So the next round I put the TFi into play and finish with 24 putts... Same epiphany... and guess what's still in the bag to this day?

TFi_inBag.JPG

I'm gonna go out and say it. I don't think you'll find a putter out there that performs better than any Cleveland for under $150. If you see these on sale I'd buy one as backup even if you didn't need it.

Balls

ladies_handling_balls.JPG

Durability

Unless you hit a cart path (or two), or 7 trees, or a railway track, a 67 Buick, or any combination of the these, and trust me I can attest to all this; all of the Z Star lineup look pretty much brand new after a round.

ZStar_align.JPG

ZStar

Driver: Gets up a little, maybe on the high side of mid

Irons: same as driver

Wedges: suck back

Putter: very soft

I find the ball tends to drop out of the air faster with the Z for me on full shots, but they're by far my favorite from 100 yards and in. Spin control around the greens is just a touch above the other two balls and putter feel is amazing.

ZStar_boxes.JPG

Z Star XV

Driver: mid flight

Irons: mid

Wedges: hop and stop

Putter: soft

The XV is my preferred ball for the long game. Ball flight is a consistent mid flight and it just seems to stay in the air a little longer. Spin is great, I'm just not sucking them back like the Z, but maybe that's a good thing because they're stopping where I need them to.

QStar_box.JPG

Q Star Tour

Driver: Gets up a little, maybe on the high side of mid

Irons: same as driver

Wedges: hop and stop

Putter: super soft

What a treat this ball was in our cold early spring. The Q Star is easy to compress thanks to its 75 compression, flies a mile and stops when you need them too. Around the greens these work like a tour ball checking when called upon and putter feel is exceptional.

The jury's still out on which will be my official gamer as I continue to tweak the swing, but honestly I could play any of the Z Star Tour balls and be pretty happy.

Bag

fullbag.JPG

Z4 Carry

This a lightweight carry bag, with ample storage, it's solid feeling and so far displays quite sturdy legs. It fits on both my carts with no issues and has a fairly minimal footprint in the trunk.

bagtop.JPG

The top is a 4-way design, which having come from 6, 14 and OGIO's Woode system (which I freekin loved) I didn't think I'd adjust. I actually have zero issues with the 4 way after having used it and with the angled dividers find it quite effective at keeping clubs apart from chatter. I asked Eli Miller why only 4 and he told me they were gunning for more of a player's style bag, which I think combined with the overall stature of the bag design is quite a nice touch.

cell_pocket.JPG

There's 2 velour lined valuable pockets, which being the social and photo guy I am, I absolutely love. There's the usual higher up one on the long pocket side you'll find on most bags, which is fairly deep and has enough space for wallet, keys etc. And then there's the cell pocket on the side of the ball pocket, which sits on a perfect angle when standing or on a cart. I was able to keep it open with my phone in it over the past few 18's for quick access for taking photos.

Finally completing the players bag touch is a removable ball pocket which is pretty standard for stitching purposes. Once again nice touch, because I need to sew the most important thing.

ball_pocket.JPG

The Z4 might be my new favorite thing after my driver cover.

The wrap

bagtag.JPG

It’s hard not to come across as a fanboy at the end of the day (somewhere GolfSpy X is rolling his eyes at me), but I’m going to have to say this; Cleveland Srixon may offer the most complete bag setup of all the OEM’s. From award winning drivers, right thru to more award winning putters, balls, wedges and hell even the bag, Cleveland Srixon makes it a hard case to argue against.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome write up and its great to see you loving the equipment that was provided. 

Looking at Cleveland/Srixon's lineup this year it doesn't truly surprise me, they have made quality equipment for a long time

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

So the SLDR won't be making its way back in the bag anytime soon?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Great writeup MBP!

Did you ever hit the 545 driver? If so I would love to hear a comparison on the 545 and 565. I was super accurate with the 545, but it just spun too much for me a robbed me of the distance. From everything I've read, the 565 is also much better all the around driver.

And I love the performance of the xv in the long game as well, but it just feels a bit too firm for me around the greens.

• SPY VIP

Great writeup MBP!

Did you ever hit the 545 driver? If so I would love to hear a comparison on the 545 and 565. I was super accurate with the 545, but it just spun too much for me a robbed me of the distance. From everything I've read, the 565 is also much better all the around driver.

And I love the performance of the xv in the long game as well, but it just feels a bit too firm for me around the greens.

Thanks yo.

Never hit the 545, but sounds a lot like my Vapor driver--dead straight with zero distance. This years line has all the fancy new tech, like wave soles and I think these are a whole new breed of drivers. I'm really surprised how well these perform.

Ya the XV is money on full shots, but needs to be a touch softer around the greens for sure.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Man, that's the best thing I've read in a long time!!  I would say a real page turner, but more of a real bar scroller :)    Seriously I was devouring every word.   Loved hearing how each segment of the setup is performing. 

Personal note: From I'd say 2003 to 2008 or so I was exclusively Cleveland, that was mainly due to a couple good friends who worked there and some awesome deals I was able to get as well as the clubs just flat out performing, to borrow your phrase.   

As the friends moved onto other companies and Cleveland kind of falling off in some of their products, Yes HiBore I'm talking to you...LOL   I kinda drifted to other brands.  The last club to go form my bag was a 54 degree 588 DSG wedge that I was custom made for me in 2005 that I literally played until the grooves wore off. 

But after hearing rave reviews of the 545's two years ago, I became intrigued in the brand again.  I briefly met Eli at last years PGA Show and came away liking the guy a lot and ran into my one lone remaining friend, who gave me a rundown on all the new product.   

Enter the 2016 #FitLikeAPro experience for MGS members and I couldn't get my name in fast enough, but alas didn't make the cut out of the what was it over 1,500 entries...ha  But I followed your guys updates intensely, both on here and and IG.  

Following that was a few posts by you to me and on twitter etc, every time I said I need to look at these irons, you said I absolutely needed to.  So I do as I'm told, and ended up with the combo of 565/765 that I've talked about in a few threads.

But I have to say, to hear you talk about the 565 driver has me jumping for joy.  I ordered it last week after talking it over with our local rep, and it wasn't even him pitching it was just more of a conversation, where, I said..."Why don't you put an order in for one of those for me, and let me see what it's all about"   Now it sounds like I have something really to look forward to.  

Anyway, not sure why I led everyone on this long rambling road down my own version of  Srixon #JourneyToBetter, but I'm a big fan of what they are doing right now and excited to add it to my bag this season. 

Thanks again for taking the time for the great write up. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• SPY VIP

Man, that's the best thing I've read in a long time!!  I would say a real page turner, but more of a real bar scroller :)    Seriously I was devouring every word.   Loved hearing how each segment of the setup is performing. 

Personal note: From I'd say 2003 to 2008 or so I was exclusively Cleveland, that was mainly due to a couple good friends who worked there and some awesome deals I was able to get as well as the clubs just flat out performing, to borrow your phrase.   

As the friends moved onto other companies and Cleveland kind of falling off in some of their products, Yes HiBore I'm talking to you...LOL   I kinda drifted to other brands.  The last club to go form my bag was a 54 degree 588 DSG wedge that I was custom made for me in 2005 that I literally played until the grooves wore off. 

But after hearing rave reviews of the 545's two years ago, I became intrigued in the brand again.  I briefly met Eli at last years PGA Show and came away liking the guy a lot and ran into my one lone remaining friend, who gave me a rundown on all the new product.   

Enter the 2016 #FitLikeAPro experience for MGS members and I couldn't get my name in fast enough, but alas didn't make the cut out of the what was it over 1,500 entries...ha  But I followed your guys updates intensely, both on here and and IG.  

Following that was a few posts by you to me and on twitter etc, every time I said I need to look at these irons, you said I absolutely needed to.  So I do as I'm told, and ended up with the combo of 565/765 that I've talked about in a few threads.

But I have to say, to hear you talk about the 565 driver has me jumping for joy.  I ordered it last week after talking it over with our local rep, and it wasn't even him pitching it was just more of a conversation, where, I said..."Why don't you put an order in for one of those for me, and let me see what it's all about"   Now it sounds like I have something really to look forward to.  

Anyway, not sure why I led everyone on this long rambling road down my own version of  Srixon #JourneyToBetter, but I'm a big fan of what they are doing right now and excited to add it to my bag this season. 

Thanks again for taking the time for the great write up. 

Thanks for the kind feedback, I'm glad I was able to steer you in the right direction on irons and you will not be disappointed with the driver.

So you've met Eli eh? You can see what I mean by natural every day guy to talk too, really good guy.

Ok now go get that driver and report back, really looking forward to your thoughts.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Thanks for the kind feedback, I'm glad I was able to steer you in the right direction on irons and you will not be disappointed with the driver.

So you've met Eli eh? You can see what I mean by natural every day guy to talk too, really good guy.

Ok now go get that driver and report back, really looking forward to your thoughts.

Met in the very loose term of the word.  He was busy doing some swing analyzer demo's at the Show and I was standing around waiting for my friend to finish with another customer, and I listened to him do several of the demo's, he offered for me to come give it a try and I was too embarrassed to get up on a platform in the middle of a large booth and put on the fright show that is my swing.   But just watching someone interact with the general public for a period of time, you can get  pretty good feel for the type of person.   I honestly don't think there was anywhere in the world he would have rather been that day.   i do hope to get to officially meet him sometime. 

As to the driver, hopefully it arrives by Friday.  I have a 54 hole tournament on Monday the 5th that will be an ideal workout for it!

• SPY VIP

Met in the very loose term of the word.  He was busy doing some swing analyzer demo's at the Show and I was standing around waiting for my friend to finish with another customer, and I listened to him do several of the demo's, he offered for me to come give it a try and I was too embarrassed to get up on a platform in the middle of a large booth and put on the fright show that is my swing.   But just watching someone interact with the general public for a period of time, you can get  pretty good feel for the type of person.   I honestly don't think there was anywhere in the world he would have rather been that day.   i do hope to get to officially meet him sometime. 

As to the driver, hopefully it arrives by Friday.  I have a 54 hole tournament on Monday the 5th that will be an ideal workout for it!

My buddies arrives Friday and he's already booked an afternoon round lol

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Great review. Nothing like feeling that your set up is right! It comes across in your enthusiam. Not fan boy at all, just happy golfer.

I have always liked Cleveland product and agree with Carolina Golfer 2 that they produced great drivers for years under the radar. Also concur that the 588 DSG was on the short list of GWOAT status (Greatest Wedge of All Time). Bring that design back! Anyway, good to see Srixon/Cleveland producing.

--WITB--

Ping i15 Driver 9.5° Stiff

Ping i25 Fairway 15° Stiff

Kasco k2k 44 Utility 19° Stiff

Kasco k2k 55 Utility 22° Stiff

Miura CB-501 Irons 5-9 KBS Tour Stiff

Scratch 8620 d/d grind PW 47°

Scratch 8620 d/d grind GW 53°

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 SW 58° 2 dot

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 LW 60° 1 dot

Never Compromise Putter Sub 30 Type-50

Snell MTB

Great review. Nothing like feeling that your set up is right! It comes across in your enthusiam. Not fan boy at all, just happy golfer.

I have always liked Cleveland product and agree with Carolina Golfer 2 that they produced great drivers for years under the radar. Also concur that the 588 DSG was on the short list of GWOAT status (Greatest Wedge of All Time). Bring that design back! Anyway, good to see Srixon/Cleveland producing.

I agree with you on the 588 DSG and I'll use this opportunity to "name drop and humble brag" a bit.

By very fortunate circumstances I found myself playing in the 2013 Farmers Insurance Pro Am and we were paired with Sean O'Hair.  Really nice but quiet guy who was struggling quite a bit with his game at that time.   But through talking to him throughout the round, I discovered he is an equipment Ho and not a stranger himself to golf forums.   wouldn't' say which ones or what his screen name was...ha    

But we were standing around the 18th green I had my wedge in hand and we were waiting for one of the other players to finish putting out.   He asked to see my wedge and gave it a few waggles, and said, "This is a really nice feeling wedge, you didn't get this off the rack in a store did you?"  I said know it was made for me by a friend on their Tech Van.  He said, well, he builds a very good wedge, this thing is about perfect.  

Made me feel pretty good about it, and I passed it on to my friend.  But that was high praise from a Tour Pro who at the time was on staff with Taylor Made.  

I don't know how you guys can write all that stuff. Nice job for sure.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I don't know how you guys can write all that stuff. Nice job for sure.

I know Plaid, to some it comes very easy (I'm not one) while I enjoy writing, not only for reviews but the basketball I cover during the winter, it's a true struggle at times.  I've sat next to writers who bang out a 800 word piece on deadline, while I'm sitting there trying to piece together my 2nd paragraph :o  Writing is truly a labor of love!! 

I would love to have a chance like this one day. It sounds like you're enjoying everything and I'm glad that the experience was so great!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

The driver is gorgeous!!!!

Great write up MBP.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

WOW what a great way with words! Awesome read and just another reason I love this site .

It's pretty obvious I have a club crush on the 565 driver! Sooooo it's just a matter of time before I lay one down

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

WOW what a great way with words! Awesome read and just another reason I love this site .

It's pretty obvious I have a club crush on the 565 driver! Sooooo it's just a matter of time before I lay one down

Don't wait to long the free HZRDUS upgrade ends tomorrow. The drivers were the most impressive part for me. Just switched to a 10.5 765 and it's crazy good. 10 ball average from the test today on Trackman

Ballspeed 177.3

Launch 12.7

Spin 1970

Carry 309

Total 331

These drivers flat out perform!!

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I'm sure almost every single amateur golfer out there would love to have an experience like the one you guys with Srixon/Cleveland. And I'm glad (or is that jealousy I'm feeling?) that the hype is real for these kind of events! Hopefully next time, I'd get chosen for one!

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

First off, great recap.

I'm a massive Srixon fan boy and have been gaming the irons since the 45 series launched a few years ago (had Cleveland 588 TT before that). In fact I just got a new set of 765 irons with Modus Tour 105 shafts today.

IMG_3271.JPG

When you strike it in the middle the feel is unlike anything I've ever experienced before in an iron. And I have to say I've never gamed Nippon shafts before but the feel and performance from the Modus 105s is amazing. I'm can see why so many tour pros play these shafts.

Like you, the VT sole is my favorite feature in this line. I've had plenty of those moments when I've gotten sluggish late in a round and these bad boys carve through lazy swing fat shots so easily.

I had a 545 drive and just never found an optimal set up. Very accurate but zero distance. Having just put a GBB Epic in the bag I'll have to hold off picking up a new driver for a bit but the 565 is next in line for consideration without question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent write up! Before I found MGS I didn't think Cleveland/Srixon could do much aside from wedges. Will definitely be looking their way when it's time to get some new clubs!

Last season, Z Stars joined the list of "Canucklehead Approved" balls that are allowed to be played by me!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks for the Great write up, really appreciate the follow up After a few months of gaming them.

i demoed the 565 and 765 irons and loved the 565 myself, and bombed a few ( and shanked the crap out of the rest/most) with the 565 3 wood.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Thanks for the read, MBP!

My irons are still pretty new, but I think the driver could use a replacement :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Excellent write up! Before I found MGS I didn't think Cleveland/Srixon could do much aside from wedges. Will definitely be looking their way when it's time to get some new clubs!

Last season, Z Stars joined the list of "Canucklehead Approved" balls that are allowed to be played by me!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think your previous view of Cleveland/Srixon other than wedges was not too far off base.  Remember my original long post in this thread, I was a huge Cleveland supporter, with some of their product form the 2003 to 2005 era.   Then I think as driver technology started to evovle...see TaylorMade with the moveable weights, they kinda fell behind the curve for a while. 

All I can say is anyone considering a driver, needs to give this Z565 a look, and forget what they think they know or don't know about previous Srixon/Cleveland offerings.   It will be hard to beat when put head to head with any others, and right now that include my 917D3.  

Don't wait to long the free HZRDUS upgrade ends tomorrow. The drivers were the most impressive part for me. Just switched to a 10.5 765 and it's crazy good. 10 ball average from the test today on Trackman

Ballspeed 177.3

Launch 12.7

Spin 1970

Carry 309

Total 331

The driver is a beast. I was searching for something that was as long as my SLDR and as accurate as my XR-16 Pro; after the Most Wanted results, I decided to give the Z765 a shot. I've only played 9 holes with it, but I've hit several balls on my personal driving range (huge open field behind my house), and holy cow is it long and straight. I hit one yesterday with a 6mph breeze at my back that easily carried a creek at 308 and I lasered from the ball back to my mat at 343. I'm going to play with some buddies after work tonight and I can't wait to leave them in my dust with this thing.

Great write up/follow up but I wonder how much (if any) going on the trip to the headquarters, meeting all the people there and getting to discuss all-things-golf with the staff had on you.  It had to have some I would assume.  I wonder if a trip to Mizuno would have elicited the same reaction?

I do think that the Srixon's are (or at least were) severely underrated.

(There's a reason Hideki is such a good golfer!)

If I ever go back to traditional length clubs they are at the very top of my list.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Loved this 6 month report!!!! I was surprised about the driver but loved the thorough explanation of its quality, especially after the Most Wanted List. I have never hit one so I am excited to get my hands on one at some point to try it out!

The irons look beautiful. Plain and simple. The other part I loved was the q star tour part. They are my new gamers as well. Been gaming srixon balls for a year now and I cannot even contemplate switching anytime soon. Such a consistent ball company.

Loved this post, hung on every word, very well done MBP!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

• SPY VIP

Ballspeed 177.3

Launch 12.7

Spin 1970

Carry 309

Total 331

The driver is a beast. I was searching for something that was as long as my SLDR and as accurate as my XR-16 Pro; after the Most Wanted results, I decided to give the Z765 a shot. I've only played 9 holes with it, but I've hit several balls on my personal driving range (huge open field behind my house), and holy cow is it long and straight. I hit one yesterday with a 6mph breeze at my back that easily carried a creek at 308 and I lasered from the ball back to my mat at 343. I'm going to play with some buddies after work tonight and I can't wait to leave them in my dust with this thing.

These numbers might sound forum exaggerated to y'all, but I've played with both these guys.

At the TaylorMade Kingdom they had to move Bones back to the "Sergio tees" because they ran out of room on the range and at La Costca range they asked him to stop hitting drivers period as they were all going over the back net.

On the 5th hole in Huntington Beach I hit a great drive, maybe 280ish and KC proceeds to fly that by like 20 yards...

Sent from my LG-H812 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Great write up/follow up but I wonder how much (if any) going on the trip to the headquarters, meeting all the people there and getting to discuss all-things-golf with the staff had on you. It had to have some I would assume. I wonder if a trip to Mizuno would have elicited the same reaction?

I do think that the Srixon's are (or at least were) severely underrated.

(There's a reason Hideki is such a good golfer!)

If I ever go back to traditional length clubs they are at the very top of my list.

Like I said in my opening, my tone would still sound the same regardless of the OEM.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Loved this 6 month report!!!! I was surprised about the driver but loved the thorough explanation of its quality, especially after the Most Wanted List. I have never hit one so I am excited to get my hands on one at some point to try it out!

The irons look beautiful. Plain and simple. The other part I loved was the q star tour part. They are my new gamers as well. Been gaming srixon balls for a year now and I cannot even contemplate switching anytime soon. Such a consistent ball company.

Loved this post, hung on every word, very well done MBP!

Thanks so much.

That Q Star Tour really is a sneaky good ball, you've inspired me to play it Saturday.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Archived