Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Played with 3 ladies the other day.....

Wedgie

My Saturday morning opened up this past weekend so at about 8am I jumped online to see if any tee times were available at my usual course. Saw an 8:40 with one spot available so I booked it. Threw on the outfit, shoes and dumped the clubs in the car and headed out.

I get to the course and rush in to pay and head to the first tee where I see 3 ladies waiting to tee off. I'm 50 and not the guy that works the carnival that guesses age and weight but I peg them all in the 60-70 year old range. Not gonna lie when I tell you I was thinking oh boy, this is going to be a long day.

After pleasantries I tee off and push it right into the trees. The ladies go to their tee and all proceed to hit the fairway with drives in the 90-120 yard range. They hit their seconds pretty much like they hit their first. 90-120 right down the middle. I'm in the woods looking for my ball as they all stand and wait. I find it, punch out and proceed to triple the hole.

Yeah, I'm feeling the pressure. I don't think any of them even parred the first but they played fast and were waiting on me most of the time. I Bogey 2 and 3 and if I had to guess I'd bet there was a four way tie for the lead within our group after 3.

I settled in and these ladies all stayed steady as rocks. Nothing but encouragement from each of them towards each other and towards me. They hit a bad shot they may say “oh fudge” or “shucks” but that was as bad as it got. No banging the club on the ground, no cursing, just encouragement all day.

We were waiting almost every shot for the four dudes in front of us playing one tee further back then they should while we never did see the four dudes behind us.

I proceeded to shoot 79 which is my best round of the year. 36 on the back which is my best ever at this course. Best of all I loved playing with these ladies and the positive energy they brought to the game.

I guess there really isn't a point to this story other than we play this game for fun. If you're having a bad day at least you're having that bad day on the golf course. Have fun like these ladies and life is good.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Sounds like the group in front of you was the group I got paired with last week. Beating the ground on bad shots and cursing because they missed a shot and I was plugging along.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good story. I enjoy playing with anyone, male/female, young/old, it doesn't matter, as long as we can have a nice round and enjoy each other's company for 18 holes.

Actually, a timely story for me as I've been invited by my neighbor to play tomorrow. She's retired and I'm 42.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I played at Cherry Point a bunch of years ago when my B-I-L was stationed there. I ended up getting grouped with the women's club champion. She would have made a perfect 4th for your group. 150 yards right down the middle from every tee, every green in regulation plus one, and a whole lot of one putts. It was really something to see, and one of the most enjoyable rounds I've played. Kinda like playing with my Grandmother.

Those experiences are really neat, aren't they?

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

At my club on Saturday mornings the ladies club groups always goes off before the men's club groups because they play faster.  By the turn the men are usually two holes behind.  If my wife is playing with me and not playing with the ladies group, then we always try to get the usual one tee time after the ladies and before the men. The course allows an extra time just in case more ladies show up than normal.  We don't have to wait, and the men won't catch us.

I have played with several of the ladies.  One evening my wife and I played with two ladies from that group. They moved back from the Forward tees to the Senior tees, and I moved up to the Senior tees and we all played together.  I was not the low scorer.  They all play "Ready Golf" and one even jogs down the fairway pushing her cart.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Golf should always be fun - great story

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Ladies and old guys just punt it down the middle, punt it again, chip and putt for par.

The rest smash it into the trees, try 'seve like' recovery shots and end up with a triple or worse. Veins start popping on foreheads, expletives reign down like a thunderstorm and we curse the game.

Who do you think enjoys it more? ;)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Great write-up Wedgie! Enjoyed it a lot!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

My Saturday morning opened up this past weekend so at about 8am I jumped online to see if any tee times were available at my usual course. Saw an 8:40 with one spot available so I booked it. Threw on the outfit, shoes and dumped the clubs in the car and headed out.

I get to the course and rush in to pay and head to the first tee where I see 3 ladies waiting to tee off. I'm 50 and not the guy that works the carnival that guesses age and weight but I peg them all in the 60-70 year old range. Not gonna lie when I tell you I was thinking oh boy, this is going to be a long day.

After pleasantries I tee off and push it right into the trees. The ladies go to their tee and all proceed to hit the fairway with drives in the 90-120 yard range. They hit their seconds pretty much like they hit their first. 90-120 right down the middle. I'm in the woods looking for my ball as they all stand and wait. I find it, punch out and proceed to triple the hole.

Yeah, I'm feeling the pressure. I don't think any of them even parred the first but they played fast and were waiting on me most of the time. I Bogey 2 and 3 and if I had to guess I'd bet there was a four way tie for the lead within our group after 3.

I settled in and these ladies all stayed steady as rocks. Nothing but encouragement from each of them towards each other and towards me. They hit a bad shot they may say “oh fudge” or “shucks” but that was as bad as it got. No banging the club on the ground, no cursing, just encouragement all day.

We were waiting almost every shot for the four dudes in front of us playing one tee further back then they should while we never did see the four dudes behind us.

I proceeded to shoot 79 which is my best round of the year. 36 on the back which is my best ever at this course. Best of all I loved playing with these ladies and the positive energy they brought to the game.

I guess there really isn't a point to this story other than we play this game for fun. If you're having a bad day at least you're having that bad day on the golf course. Have fun like these ladies and life is good.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Love this! 

What's In The Bag? Cobra Connect Challenge II - Instagram @joyzee1010

Driver:  RH   :cobra-small: F8+ 8*-11* Set at 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Wood: R:cobra-small: F8+ 13*-15* Set at 14.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76g 6.0 Shaft

3 Hybrid: RH   :cobra-small: F8 19* Rogue Pro 75 X-Stiff Shaft

Irons: RH   :cobra-small: F8  4 - GW with Dynamic Gold X100 Shaft 

Wedges: :cobra-small: King 54* 58* Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex 

Putter: RH  :taylormade-small: Rossa Mallet - Mid size Super Stroke Grip

Bag:    :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag Black 

Ball: Various

Range Finder: TecTecTec VPRO DLXS

Shot Tracking Tour Analytics: Arccos

Previous WITB:

:taylormade-small: Driver R11s 9*

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood Rocketballz Stage 2 TP 15*

:adams-small: 3 Hybrid 19*

:taylormade-small: Irons 4-PW R11

:taylormade-small: Wedges TP 52*, 56*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Putter Rossa Mallet

Instagram - @joyzee1010

I love being matched with older folks - I always play better as they remind me what golf is about: being patient, relaxed, and positive.

:ping-small: G400MAX Driver 10.5* w/ Kuro Kage S

:callaway-small:  XR16 3W w/ MF AT S

:callaway-small:  XR OS 19* Hybrid w/ FS Evolution II 565

:titelist-small:  4-PW AP3 w/ TT AMT Black

:vokey-small:   SM6 50.8 F w/ TT Dynamic Gold

:callaway-small: MD3 56.12 W w/ TT Dynamic Gold

Tommy Armour Impacty Series #3 Alignment Putter

Ogio GROM Black

Ladies and old guys just punt it down the middle, punt it again, chip and putt for par.

The rest smash it into the trees, try 'seve like' recovery shots and end up with a triple or worse. Veins start popping on foreheads, expletives reign down like a thunderstorm and we curse the game.

Who do you think enjoys it more? ;)

Yep!  Old guy here.  I've been playing like the former; so now I'm trying to be like the latter in pursuit of more distance.  Fortunately, my short game is still saving me... for now anyway!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hell hath no fury like a foursome of rule-abiding, 72 hole a week ladies who proudly plow through 3.5 hour rounds in their oversized white visors.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I love being matched with older folks - I always play better as they remind me what golf is about: being patient, relaxed, and positive.

As an old coot, there is a certain pleasure and perspective knowing that you are still playing on the green side of the grass.

I would have No problem playing with that group if they would let me.. I never got to play with my Grandparents, they had quit by the time i started.. but they were fortunate enough to travel the world. and My grandmother was one of those women.. She won several awards and trophies.. I don't remember any from my Grandfather... Hmmm...LOL

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I usually don't care if they are female, male, shemale, old, young, fat, skinny, tall, short, driving a Porsche or a bike... I just want to finish in the proper amount of time.

2 weeks ago I was paired with an older lady, a 30 something guy and an older gentleman, the older couple was very nice indeed, but our competitive round took 5.5 hours!?

When I kindly asked them to speed up since we couldn't see the flight in front of us, she told me 5 hours was normal for a foursome. In what planet??? I've been finishing my private rounds with my wife and 2 guys in their 70's in under 3.5 hours.

Playing competitive Sunday again, hope I don't get paired her.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Back when I caddied, lady twosomes meant a walk straight down the middle with pleasant conversation and done in three hours with $50 in your pocket. The big decision was to go to the beach or hang around for a long, slow loop with grumpy old men.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Thank you for the story. Fantastic reminder that golf can be played efficiently and effectively, not just bomb and gouge. (which turns into bomb, hunt forever, 3 hacks to escape, frustrations, and utter depression)

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Thank you for the story. Fantastic reminder that golf can be played efficiently and effectively, not just bomb and gouge. (which turns into bomb, hunt forever, 3 hacks to escape, frustrations, and utter depression)

LMAO!!! How'd you figure out my game??? Get out of my head man!!! :P

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

LMAO!!! How'd you figure out my game??? Get out of my head man!!! :P

I know it because it's been my game too, unfortunately. Maybe one of these days I'll start being smart about golf.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Archived