Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
tommc23

Favorite book

We have a favorite author thread so why not do favorite book. Like some have done in the author one you can put best book by genre. 

It's sad to say but some of the best books I've read were in high school. The two best books I've ever read and truly enjoyed were:

1984 & The Great Gatsby 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

A book I read years ago sticks with me.

'One Day in The Life of Ivan Denisovich' about the daily struggle in a Russian Gulag

Read it many years ago - still remember the impact that it had on me. 

• Like 1

I don't know if this violates the Morale Codes with regards to religion, but The Bible is my favorite book.  Granted, it's more than a book, and perhaps you were referring to a specific genre of book, not something as unique as The Bible.

Honestly, the subject is too vague for me to answer.  Favorite fiction book?  Favorite non-fiction book?  Favorite biography?  Favorite historical fiction/non-fiction?

Yeah, I can torpedo any thread, depending on my mood and day.  Sorry for the distraction.   😔

• Like 2

Tough to pick just one, I’d have to go with Wizard and Glass by Stephen King. The Stand is right behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

The Bourne Identity hands down for me. A wild ride and this one book got me reading all of Ludlum's books, all of which are fantastic.

Close second would be Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy.

• Like 2

The Bourne Identity hands down for me. A wild ride and this one book got me reading all of Ludlum's books, all of which are fantastic.
Close second would be Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy.

Yes, another Bourne guy.

I also really liked Hatchet by Gary Paulsen back in the day. Winterdance wasn’t too bad either.

7 hours ago, GSwag said:

I don't know if this violates the Morale Codes with regards to religion, but The Bible is my favorite book.  Granted, it's more than a book, and perhaps you were referring to a specific genre of book, not something as unique as The Bible.

Honestly, the subject is too vague for me to answer.  Favorite fiction book?  Favorite non-fiction book?  Favorite biography?  Favorite historical fiction/non-fiction?

Yeah, I can torpedo any thread, depending on my mood and day.  Sorry for the distraction.   😔

Swag I left it vague so anyone can pick any genre. Heck even favorite books per genre if you want.

• Like 1

A few come to mind, but I recently read Bagger Vance, the book not the movie. The ending was a little different than what I expected, but over all a great golf book. Also Tommy's Honour was a great read also.

Chris

"The Match" by Mark Frost.  I've read it a couple of times over the years.  These two threads have me thinking I may read it again soon. 

Given some of the movies that have been made in recent years, I can't understand why this hasn't been one of them.

• Like 2

Another vote for the Bible - I read it every day -

No surprise there I’m sure.

• Like 3

An excellent practice my friend

In the bag

Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex

3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree

Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie

Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees

Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig’em Aggies!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 5:07 PM, sixcat said:

"The Match" by Mark Frost.  I've read it a couple of times over the years.  These two threads have me thinking I may read it again soon. 

Given some of the movies that have been made in recent years, I can't understand why this hasn't been one of them.

How i havent read this yet is puzzling.  I keep putting it on my list and keep forgetting.  

• Sad 1

Shocker

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That’s a stumper Tommy. Need to think about a real favorite.