Titleist Virtual Golf Ball Fitting

Our Sponsors

5 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

So how did you get 3 sleeves?

Using Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driverw/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Wilson Staff D-7 48 & 54 wedges, Cleveland Zipcore 58 wedge & Slotline SSI693 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

One is for me to let my golfers try, I coach HS golf. 

• Like 3

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I did this today, and it was a very valuable 30 minutes.  Loved every minute of it.   Titleist is offering virtual golf ball fittings for free.  You get a 30 minute  zoom call with a member from th

If i get the sample balls, of course I will find a way to lose them almost immediately.

Had my conference call with David Bustamante this morning.  Great chat and honestly wish those could happen a little more frequently during the work week! Started off talking about my game, since

Posted Images

Great jd, they should give you a box full.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

Aww damn, I do too...even asked about what ball they would recommend for young players...no extra samples here.

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

So my round got washed out by the ridiculous weather we've had over the past few days in Houston...

But I did go to my GC Quad hookup and run some prelim numbers on the three different golf balls...my current gamer the Bridgestone Tour B X, and the two recommended TItleist golf balls, the Left Dash Pro V1x and AVX. 

I hit 10 shots with each club and kept the 5 best of each ball. These are the averages with my Mizuno JPX 921 SEL Gap wedge, 7 iron and my TM SIM 10.5* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 05 flex. 

2065787124_BallTest2021.JPG.a8b978b1ccff347ff57a51061c7aae4c.JPG

Now keep in mind this was my first pass at the left dash and AVX and this was indoors. The Left Dash and Bridgestone Tour B X felt about the same as far as firmness goes. The AVX was noticeably softer in feel...and we can all see what softer equates to. 

I will say one thing about the lower spinning Left Dash and AVX, they are not as accurate off the driver than the higher spinning Bridgestone. Sure, they fly a long way and roll out well, but the Tour B X was much easier to keep in the fairway. 

And if I'm going to choose a ball based on driver stats, I will be going against what Drew recommended and I'm 100% confident he knows more about what to look in a golf ball than I do. 

I'm curious to see how they perform out on the course once it dries out some. I'm actually looking for a lower spin ball with good green side spin control so I'm intrigued by the Titleist offerings. 

• Like 5
  • :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :adams-small: Pro DHy 18* w/ Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • :ping-small: Vault Arna w/ KBS CT Tour
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
12 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

So my round got washed out by the ridiculous weather we've had over the past few days in Houston...

But I did go to my GC Quad hookup and run some prelim numbers on the three different golf balls...my current gamer the Bridgestone Tour B X, and the two recommended TItleist golf balls, the Left Dash Pro V1x and AVX. 

I hit 10 shots with each club and kept the 5 best of each ball. These are the averages with my Mizuno JPX 921 SEL Gap wedge, 7 iron and my TM SIM 10.5* w/ Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 05 flex. 

0?ui=2&ik=3948edea12&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1689824076499110282&th=1773760b64a1c98a&view=fimg&disp=thd&attbid=ANGjdJ_4HcyMH3Sag3rR9NylP8lth3KoAFhH1wWSIEOfEuafQHTU42cyEAwp1xY7VYpLdT_ZkWezenxu-9uX9I_Dj62lZG8XHMMMzgVU2UjEsWtwfSmWndYC3ejLQJU&ats=2524608000000&sz=w1920-h932

Now keep in mind this was my first pass at the left dash and AVX and this was indoors. The Left Dash and Bridgestone Tour B X felt about the same as far as firmness goes. The AVX was noticeably softer in feel...and we can all see what softer equates to. 

I will say one thing about the lower spinning Left Dash and AVX, they are not as accurate off the driver than the higher spinning Bridgestone. Sure, they fly a long way and roll out well, but the Tour B X was much easier to keep in the fairway. 

And if I'm going to choose a ball based on driver stats, I will be going against what Drew recommended and I'm 100% confident he knows more about what to look in a golf ball than I do. 

I'm curious to see how they perform out on the course once it dries out some. I'm actually looking for a lower spin ball with good green side spin control so I'm intrigued by the Titleist offerings. 

dont pick a ball based on driver stats!!!

• Like 3
12 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

A ball should be picked on what works best all around. Picking one based on one type of shot whether it be off the tee or on the short game won’t find the ball thats best for you other than for that particular shot. 

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Maybe my wording was a bit confusing...

I have no desire to pick a ball solely based on driver performance. My initial impression between the golf balls on a launch monitor showed very similar carry yards but at different launch windows and spin characteristics in the short and mid iron test. Where I saw the balls start to separate from one another was off the tee. 

I will still give these balls the proper test out on the course, but just solely looking at ball characteristics on a launch monitor show a very similar ball on the wedge and 7 iron but they raise an eyebrow off the driver. 

• Like 1
  • :taylormade-small: SIM 10.5* w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :adams-small: Pro DHy 18* w/ Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 921 SEL 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • :ping-small: Vault Arna w/ KBS CT Tour
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
1 hour ago, txgolfjunkie said:

I will still give these balls the proper test out on the course, but just solely looking at ball characteristics on a launch monitor show a very similar ball on the wedge and 7 iron but they raise an eyebrow off the driver. 

This is what jumped out to me. Some mild differences on the 7i but the driver was pretty significant. Based on those numbers, the left dash looks like a clear winner to me. BUT golf isn't played on a sim; really interested to hear how your on-course testing goes!

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
3i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT DG S300 hard-stepped

50*, 54*, 60* :vokey-small: SM7 TT DG S200
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

9 hours ago, Tsecor said:

dont pick a ball based on driver stats!!!

That was among the first things David brought up in our conversation.  Of course, I already knew this because I spend time on MGS 👍.  I still haven't done the test he suggested; ProV1's vs. Velocity from about 30-40 yards. He's pretty sure I'll see a difference at this level of ball design/construction/attributes.

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

10 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

A ball should be picked on what works best all around. Picking one based on one type of shot whether it be off the tee or on the short game won’t find the ball thats best for you other than for that particular shot. 

I completely agree with this comment.  I base the ball I play on a few criteria and the ball has to meet each of these.

1) Soft feel off the putter.  I loved the feel of balata off a Ping Zing or original Wilson 8813 back in the day and this feel is ingrained in my golfer's soul.  A ball must have a soft feel of the putter, never clicky, or I simply cannot play it.  (Yes, mind game).

2) I must be able to generate spin on shots within 60-80 yards and in.  If I am hitting a punch wedge into a green I have to know if, struck correctly, the ball will take a hop or two and check up.  The ball must generate decent spin on flop shots.  In short, I have to have the ability to control the spin on well struck shots.

3) The ball must be able to hold the flight into the wind and not have a tendency to wander.  I often play shaped shots (draws and fades) and sometimes will play a shot into the wind.  I do not want a ball that produces too much spin off woods and long/mid irons that would be a detriment to the shaped shot I play.  I don't want to play a ball that balloons up tee'd up or from the fairway.

I have found a ball that meets all that criteria but it is not made from Titleist.  I was a Titleist player from essentially the time I started playing golf (or very shortly after starting) until 2014.  I had tried other balls but nothing replaced the Titleist Tour Balata, Titleist Prestige, Titleist Professional, Titleist ProV1 until I found a ball that worked better for me.  Am I willing to try the new ProV1?  Certainly.  I am always looking for a ball that works for my game but in the past 6 1/2 years I have not had to.

• Like 2