Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

8 minutes ago, Dcfrench3 said:

Thanks.  There are so many forums here I don't really know which one to start following.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.  😁

Lots of evaluations going on so if you're interested in some equipment, chances are MGS has reviewed it. Welcome from Wyoming!!! I know you're a "greenie" but I play a lot down in CO. There are follow options to follow people if you enjoy their posts. I would recommend you follow folks. Happy Birdie Hunting!!!

Edited by Erin B

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

7 minutes ago, Dcfrench3 said:

Thanks.  There are so many forums here I don't really know which one to start following.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.  😁

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/57-golf-product-reviews/ Here's a group of forums.

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

1 hour ago, Dcfrench3 said:

Good Morning everyone! I just recently joined the forum and am glad to be apart of the community.  I've always loved to golf but could never really go as I didn't have much money growing up or in college.  When I graduated from college and got my first job I started going when I could afford it.  I've been continuously upper my frequency every year even to my wife dismay. The last 3 months I've really upped my game.  I got tired of not doing great on the course (usually just went to have a great time and enjoy the fresh air) and started doing drills and practice swings a few times a week. It's winter where I am and the courses haven't opened up long enough for me to see if I've made any improvement in my game.  I did get to go to a TopGolf the other day and man o man is amazing what doing some drills and practicing form can do for your swing. I still slice with my driver but man can I launch it when I make good contact. I won a square game during superbowl and was able to use that money to purchase the new Callaway Ai Driver. When I was getting fitted I was averaging around 250 yards a hit.  I got another kid coming so taking lessons is going to be much further down the road but I can't wait until I can get some lessons to really fine tune my game

Where at in CO?

Cheyenne Wyoming here.

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

1 hour ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Welcome…. This is the best golf support / therapy site on the internet… 

Welcome!!!!

Driver - Cobra Radspeed

3w - Radspeed

4iron-Gap - Cobra One Length Forged Tec

52° One Length snake bite

58° Avalon

Putter - Odyssey Versa Double Wide

48 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

Happy Birthday @CFreddie & @Preeway!  
Have a Great Day gents! 🎂⛳

OMG I missed the birthday congrats to @CFreddie and @Preeway!!! Happy birthday!!! Enjoy your day!!!

IMG_4428.gif.04922b65e638ac7c51a50a00597a1b71.gif

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Late to the good morning party today, been a super busy start to the workday as I am off tomorrow and need to get some end of the month tasks finished before we roll into April! Taking the day off tomorrow and heading to Milwaukee as the boys wrap up spring break this weekend to go to a children's museum down there as well as a really cool duckpin bowling alley. For those unfamiliar with duckpin bowling, it is a shortened lane with smaller handheld bowling balls and short, squatty bowling pins. Our boys, particularly our oldest, LOVE TO BOWL. 

My brother recommended this place to us in the summer last year so we checked it out and had a great time. Him and his wife will be able to join us this time around as they live in Milwaukee, so should be a really fun weekend. 

Warmer weather is coming, and with highs in the 50s and 60s towards the end of next week, I hope it brings the opening of my home course as well. I am extremely anxious to get back into a regular playing routine. With @Samuel09152 & @BreakfastBall15 starting their "Breaking" series threads, it has me thinking about starting another 2024 thread in my pursuit, although a long shot, of Breaking 80 this season. I shot a combined score 81 last year on two back to back 9 hole rounds on consecutive days to finish my scoring rounds for 2023, and I think it is possible if I can get my ball striking dialed in. Really looking forward to following along with those guys, and encourage anyone and everyone to start your own 2024 season thread! It is super fun and there's a great following here to support you!

Oh yeah! Let's run it back!

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

5 hours ago, rkj427 said:

@ZJeb67 only a 3 day weekend for me as well, not 4.

Work for a Tier 1 supplier to the automobile industry, and we don't get the same benefits as they do.

Still if the weather cooperates, looking forward to getting a round in tomorrow afternoon.

Where in SE Michigan are you located? Maybe could get some Michigan Spies together this upcoming season? 

@rkj427  I'm in Royal Oak.  All in for a Spies meet up once the weather makes up it's mind between Spring and Winter (Sprinter?)

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Late to the good morning party today, been a super busy start to the workday as I am off tomorrow and need to get some end of the month tasks finished before we roll into April! Taking the day off tomorrow and heading to Milwaukee as the boys wrap up spring break this weekend to go to a children's museum down there as well as a really cool duckpin bowling alley. For those unfamiliar with duckpin bowling, it is a shortened lane with smaller handheld bowling balls and short, squatty bowling pins. Our boys, particularly our oldest, LOVE TO BOWL. 

My brother recommended this place to us in the summer last year so we checked it out and had a great time. Him and his wife will be able to join us this time around as they live in Milwaukee, so should be a really fun weekend. 

Warmer weather is coming, and with highs in the 50s and 60s towards the end of next week, I hope it brings the opening of my home course as well. I am extremely anxious to get back into a regular playing routine. With @Samuel09152 & @BreakfastBall15 starting their "Breaking" series threads, it has me thinking about starting another 2024 thread in my pursuit, although a long shot, of Breaking 80 this season. I shot a combined score 81 last year on two back to back 9 hole rounds on consecutive days to finish my scoring rounds for 2023, and I think it is possible if I can get my ball striking dialed in. Really looking forward to following along with those guys, and encourage anyone and everyone to start your own 2024 season thread! It is super fun and there's a great following here to support you!

image.png.50afb2037cef886958c91a246ff4893b.png

Samuel Hanvey