Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Maxfli Tour Series Golf Balls - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow our Testers main posts in the links below!

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball
@David Leighton Reid - TESTING POST
@CSiders12 - TESTING POST

Maxfli Tour S Golf Ball
@thechrisgibbs - TESTING POST

Maxfli Tour X Golf Ball
@Micah T - TESTING POST
@cjeffs12 - TESTING POST

Final Review

Aesthetics - (6/10)

Beyond my early descriptions below, I have a few notes to add. The Maxfli balls, well, they look like a golf ball. Do I feel as confident or professional playing a Maxfli as I would playing a Pro V1? No, but that’s such a small part of the game. I think the two things I have to say about looking at the ball over the past month in a dozen rounds is that the ball has two things that keep it from being a 10 out of 10:

The first is that the ball has just a slightly different hue than a Pro V1, TP5, etc. I’m being very nit-picky here, but the gloss and the shade of white are ever so slightly different than the balls I’ve played from Taylormade and Titleist over the years. Is it a showstopper? Not at all. Is it something that I notice when I place the ball on the tee? Yep.

The second, and unfortunately the aspect I want to bury in this review as it makes me feel snobby, is that the ball isn’t tour validated and has a less premium brand associated with it. You’ll see when I get to the numbers that this isn’t that important, but when someone is helping you identify your ball on the course, it’s objectively less cool to say, “I’m playing the Maxfli.” You can always explain to them that it’s the Pro V1 killer, but when they look down and see the Maxfli logo, they may think less of you until you wipe the floor with them on the course.

image.png.1d8f4d5b30724f1c6707f9ddd9615052.png

With that said, with the mountains in the back and on the tee here, the Maxfli is still a solid-looking ball that does look and feel premium. 

The Numbers - (19/20)

This is where the rubber (urethane?) meets the road. I don’t want to spoil my final conclusions, but the charts speak for themselves. I put the Maxfli Tour S up against my Titleist AVX (as well as a number of other Low Spin ball options), and it has to be said, the ball performed well beyond my expectations. I can completely understand why the Tour is considered a Pro V1 killer. 

image.png.8f4ad54b0b149ce5241ce5a36a1553d0.png

image.png.90b6e4d582006578cab942d31352bcea.png

Virtually the same numbers and consistency using the GC3. My testing indoor was on a Fiberbuilt golf mat (more consistent numbers with outdoor testing) with my Vokey wedges, Mizuno MP-20 Irons, and Stealth Plus driver. The driver testing I did outdoors on course. I took 10 consistent shots with under 5% variance in launch angle, club head speed, and smash factor. I wanted to get the closest numbers I could with my swing. The driver testing was tricky to get 10 shots so I took an average of 4 drives each with my gamer swing. I wasn’t trying to get max drives, rather, hit the fairway. Even with a low spin shaft and my Stealth Plus cranked down to 6*, I’m still getting a good amount of spin with the driver. The launch is in the range I like it to be though. 

Again, I’ll save my full conclusion for the end, but if the price of each of the above balls were the same, I would likely still choose the Maxfli Tour S based on the numbers from the test. This obviously doesn’t take the full on-course testing into account though.

On The Course - (16/20)

I played around 15 rounds with the Maxfli Tour S. I was also able to play 5 rounds (three 9-hole and two 18-hole rounds) with two balls at a time and I have a few findings:

Driving - For some reason, the AVX was out-distancing the Tour S. I switched which ball I hit first, tried to put the same swing on the ball, and rarely tried to crank one out there as I typically don’t get more distance when doing that. The AVX did fall shorter on a handful of drives, and I could throw a blanket over the balls a few times, but more times than not, the AVX was 10-20 yards further. If I had only played one round and found this, I would just say it was happenstance. With 5 rounds playing two balls, it was a trend. Was it because I felt more confident over the AVX and thus swung more freely? I couldn’t tell you. Just my observations.

Approach Shots - In this category, I couldn’t tell you if there was any difference between the balls. I played a few of the best rounds I’ve ever played with the Maxfli Tour S, but it’s also just been a breakout year for me. The consistency was exactly what I wanted from a premium ball though. 

Around the Green - I give the Maxfli a +1 in this category over the AVX. Nothing against the AVX, the Maxfli kept a solid low flight and the spin was actually where I would expect a Pro V1 to be, not the AVX. It also felt buttery soft with the wedge in hand!

Putting - My putting has been lights out this year, and the Maxfli performed well. I do mark the ball up, so it’s hard to say much about the aesthetics here. The feel was great off the B.2 putter face.

I would say as a final note, my scores were largely unaffected by switching to the Maxfli, which has to be said, is half the price of the AVX. I didn’t lose anything in my scoring using the Tour S. This is a pretty solid marker. The only thing dinging the score from being higher is the AVX was just slightly longer on the Tee for me.

The Good, the Bad, the Inbetween - (16/20)

The Good - The ball is as durable as a Pro V1. For the first time in my golfing career, it has to be said that I don’t lose golf balls much anymore. I still have 20 of the 24 golf balls that Maxfli sent me. I used the same one on my sim to push it through a durability test. It has to be said the ball was about the same level of marked-up as the Pro V1, EVEN WHEN I PUT IT UP AGAINST THE MOREGOLF MOD 1 WEDGE! For the price, I did NOT expect this much durability.

image.png.bd89fa20f935c7db328adb0b7b42b7c8.pngimage.png.bc18d8f01a6d0943f506ad3700b0fa0a.png

The Bad - I hate saying this, but the only thing keeping the ball from being the best ball in the market is just the lack of Tour validation it has received. I get that the pricing probably couldn’t be this competitive if they were paying a PGA Tour Player to play the Tour golf ball, but until it can mark down a win or even a popular player (I’m thinking a Joel Dahmen type), it feels disingenuous to put “Tour” in the name. It’s not exciting to shout back that your ball is a Maxfli to the guy looking at a ball in the shared rough from another hole.

The Inbetween - Someone said it best, but a ball doesn’t fix your mistakes! No marks down for Maxfli here as it’s the man behind the sticks, but the ball looks like any other plugged in a hard-pack bunker. Pictured Below: A budget fried egg.

image.png.aadc8b8ee9d1b954d45b7176a53ba6d3.png

Play it or Trade it? - (17/20)

Since Maxfli sent me 24 brand-new balls, I’ll be playing Maxfli Tour S for the rest of the year, god willing. The two big questions that have to be answered in this section:

If you are at a Pro Shop on vacation, don’t have any balls with you, and need to buy something? I’m buying the Maxfli Tour S over the AVX all day. I’m probably already renting clubs and spending too much, so I’m going with the ball I know performs a the price I want to pay.

If you’re asking for a gift from your in-laws, what ball are you asking for? This question is like asking if you were to have a choice between each ball and they were both free, which one would you go with? I hate to say it, but I’m asking for the AVX since it’s not coming from my budget!

Conclusion and Final Score (74/100)

We made it here already. I just want to thank Maxfli and MGS’s Forum for letting me join the Maxfli ball testing. I love being a part of this community and this opportunity was so fun.

74 out of 100 being a C in school doesn’t really give credit where credit is do for the Maxfli Tour S. C’s get degrees, but we’re not in school, and the Tour S deserves much more than a C. When I think about the Maxfli, I think about the type of person I’m golfing with a lot. An example, I have a buddy who has everything Kirkland sells including the glove, the K-sig ball, the putter, the wedges, and eventually the irons if they ever actually hit the shelves. Knowing the K-sig is too spinny for me, he’d be impressed I was playing the Maxfli instead of overspending on the AVX. Then I have my friend who is a member and has grown up playing at country clubs his entire life where the AVX isn’t expensive to him, but the Maxfli seems like a budget option.

Both friends are fun to golf with, but it’s a different type of vibe golfing with them. With my Costco-centric buddy, the Maxfli gets a perfect 100. With my Country Club friend, the Maxfli gets a 50. I really like the ball. If I’m not paying for it, I’m asking for the Titleist. But if I’m paying for it, I’m likely going with the Maxfli all day.

If you've made it this far, enjoy my new course friend, Fred the Fox, who was VERY interested in the Maxfli ball.

image.png.21df4f0bbe9a23ae806e9a74620152cc.png

Initial Thoughts and Unboxing (First Impressions 8/10)

I want to first say that I'm putting the Maxfli Tour S through the wringer both on course and on my simulator. My first impressions have been really good, but at first glance, not enough to call it a ProV1 (AVX in my case) killer just yet. I'll start with my thoughts on the ball as packaging is less important to me. 

The ball itself is excellent. I like the design quite a bit, and the new line Maxfli is using absolutely makes it feel less like a range ball as Micah calls out below. The urethane cover is super soft and passes the bite/fingernail test. The blue number is quite nice too. I thought I would dislike the Maxfli logo in person, but I think it looks pretty smart on the ball itself. I'll give it a true rating on looks in my final review, but it's off to a good start.

image.png.c47bdbee0d523617ce3c2a746a9b0a31.pngimage.png.473ebe03188209354488a573a6520c10.png

On to the packaging. I'll throw this phrase out that I use when talking about bosses. I don't dislike it, so it's good. It's simple, they call out the low compression piece, and they don't use too much hyperbole in their marketing. The only feedback I have on the packaging is that it's not the most genuine comparison chart if they are saying the Tour S has the same spin characteristics in the Driver and Greenside as the Tour and Tour X. More on that in the full review!

image.png.e9b2f32893b86f82605aeca02be5896b.png

image.png.b2945a453acc88e7ffb8c3995e2de08e.png

image.png.70b53c49ad0dbf5808070888f87dee1b.png

image.png.abce51963a8415cce19b709278dfa5ae.png

Introduction

My name is Chris Gibbs, and just like Micah on the Maxfli Tour X test, I am also from Salt Lake City, UT (we'll have to get a round in together). By day, I manage a team selling software, by mid-to-late afternoon, I'm all golf! I’ve been playing golf now for about 6 years much to my wife’s chagrin. I’m 31 years old and have a 20-month-old son named James -- my wife vetoed Eldrick Tiger Gibbs and also hates this joke. 

image.png.5265e9b1d62f76dc427a15f752e39ab8.png

During the past 6 years, golf has become a bit of an obsession as you all here can relate, I’m sure. I’ve gone from an 18+ handicap to a 4.7 with countless hours of practice, coaching, and analyzing. The obsession leaked into my garage 3.5 years ago with a home sim setup that I'll call my firstborn. I have noticed a marked improvement in all aspects of my game with the garage sim as it allows me to stay in golf form through the long Utah winters. That, and the occasional Jan/Feb trip to Pheonix!

image.png.3af77e8f5465385f1377c3a088b5826d.png

I'm super excited to be testing the Maxfli Tour S golf ball. I've actually started A SMALL JOURNEY thread on the forum to find the perfect golf ball for my game this year. I have found myself in the world of mitigating the high swing speed with (too) high spin. My clubs are all fit to have low-spin, low-launch shafts, and my driver is even turned down to 6*. My current gamer is the Titleist AVX, but I have played the ProV1, TP5, and a few others before starting the journey to lower my spin numbers. The Tour S piqued my interest as the closest competitor to the Titleist AVX without the $50 price tag! The Tour S isn't just competing against the AVX though. This is the current low-spin lineup in my garage undergoing testing:

image.png.d94f155e75b1aa7f1be47fc761c2c49d.png

I'll be doing indoor and outdoor testing on the Tour S looking at on-course performance along with getting real numbers from the GC3. I have a country club where I use their practice facility (no one asks for I.D. if you're wearing nice golf gear!) that I will really be able to use to test out the greenside spin and feel extensively. My "Around the Green" strokes gained is one of the best parts of my game, so I have high standards for this area when we talk about swapping golf balls. Very excited to see the performance.

Let the games begin!

• Driver: image.png.c67e4844d8a191f8afb6a4e307a65ffa.png Stealth 8* turned down to 6* X-Stiff, Graphite Design Tour AD XC-6
  • 3 Wood: image.png.a1548764b69c6d3406f6f9f1ab1acd22.png Sim 14* X-Stiff, Aldila Rogue Silver
  • 2 Iron/2 Hybrid: Mizuno image.png.e2dedc2a71191940659367b8fac460ef.png MP-20 HMB, Graphite Design Tour AD; image.png.f066373041037bed32d08e715a7127f2.png Forged Tec set to 17* X-Stiff, Catalyst 6.0
  • P-4 Irons: image.png.d0a79f435e2331981ac11a33dd54e77a.png MP20, Dynamic Gold X100 
  • Wedges:  image.png.5e4bb78c97a6cf70133b4dfd9b768747.png Vokey SM9 50 degree 08F, 56 degree 08M and 60 degree 08M
  • My Putter: image.png.dce9f23e6ed6368fab8361d0c072c157.png B.2, LA Golf Shaft
  • Ball: image.png.0ca81de9028caab738d4428af820440f.png AVX
  • 5.3 Handicapped; Right Hander; from Salt Lake City, Utah

Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say about these golf balls. 

I know many other members use these as their go to golf ball and will be curious if they end up being yours as well! 

Happy testing! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Definitely interested to hear the feedback, especially how the new models compare to the previous generation. Big fan of the Maxfli Tour.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Following very closely here, interested in hearing your thoughts on the new models and hopefully how they compare to the old model if anyone has played them.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Congrats, testers! I just put the 2023 Tours in play and early impressions are very good against my ProV1s. Can’t wait to hear how the different models perform. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

One of the Forums most played golf ball series has gotten a member test. We are very excited to announce our 6 Testers for the Maxfli Tour Series of golf balls with the following members!

Testing the Tour
@David Leighton Reid
@CSiders12

Testing the Tour S
@Manny
@thechrisgibbs

Testing the Tour X
@Micah T
@cjeffs12

Please welcome and congratulate our testers! 

Congrats, guys.

Enjoy the Pro-V1 beater 😀

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

Congrats. to those selected, looking forward to the comments / reviews as to how these compare to previous generation version as well as other manufacture models.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Congratulations. Definitely looking forward to feedback on this one. Should be interesting!

TSi3 9° Tour AD ub 7 TX

Callaway XR 3wood UST 85g X

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 3I DG TI X100

Cobra King Tour 4-P DG TI X100

50° RTX4 DG X100

54°, 58° RTX Zipcore DG TI S400

Ping Oslo H

Chrome soft X LS

I love my Maxfli's. Can't wait to see the reviews

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

Congratulations testers!!  I think you all will like your ball.  I started playing the Tour X last year and still like it; however, I tried the Tour S a few weeks ago. and I think it's the ball I'll be playing this year.

Looking forward to see what @Manny and @thechrisgibbs think about it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am so pumped to test the Maxfli Tour X!! I really appreciate this opportunity and I have so cool things planned for this test. This could not have come at a better time as I was just about to order a dozen to try out. I will be posting my intro in a few days, but if anyone has things they would like to see post them and I’ll do my best. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

Congrats testers. Hope to hear some exciting feedback about different wind conditions/temperatures for these tests. Good luck 

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter

Congrats guys. Maxfli Tour X might be favorite golf ball right now, I’m anxious to hear others thoughts on them. 

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.5 degree

Callaway Epic Max 3 wood

Cobra F9 3H

TaylorMade P770 4-P

Taylormade MG3 50,54,58

Taylormade Spider X 

Taylormade TP5(usually) 

Congrats! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on how they compare to other balls. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Congrats to all you guys. Looking forward to read you. Surely a great ball. You like them to be easier to get in Canada to try them out.

Playing one length clubs in Canada 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed, 9°  (soon to be replace by :titleist-small: TSR2 thanks to 2023 MyGolfSpy PGA Championship Pool Sponsored by Titleist TSR Woods)
3 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Hybrid - , :cobra-small:19° Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S
Irons - :cobra-small:Speedzone One length 5-GW, 
Wedges - :cobra-small:King One 56° & 60°, 
Putter -   :mizuno-small:Mcraft II
Ball -   :vice:pro

Bag  :motocaddy:Pro series

17 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

One of the Forums most played golf ball series has gotten a member test. We are very excited to announce our 6 Testers for the Maxfli Tour Series of golf balls with the following members!

Testing the Tour
@David Leighton Reid
@CSiders12

Testing the Tour S
@Manny
@thechrisgibbs

Testing the Tour X
@Micah T
@cjeffs12

Congratulations can’t wait for a new ball to move in on the block

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

bought 2 dozen of the Tour X a couple of weeks ago and so far I've been impressed.

will be interested to read these reviews. this ball has some serious potential and is at that sweet spot from a price point.

good luck guys!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Congrats everyone. You going to love these balls. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Congrats everyone!  I tried these last year and “Saw the light!”  I’m looking forward to reading your results!

Titleist Tsi3/Ts2 woods and hybrids

Titlesit AP3 irons

Clevland CBX wedges

Taylormade mallet or Odyssey White Hot center shaft putter. Depends on the day

Congrats to all testers.

This will be an interesting test.

May be interesting if anyone is going to test them against their gamer or something a little more expensive.

Driver - :callaway-small: Mavrik w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60X

3-Wood - :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3 HL

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2 w/ Kuro Kage 65g Stiff

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW - Stiff

Wedges - Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter -   default_taylormade-small.jpg.f51b0863b47c9f7d3e2ffc3583a5d3da.jpg  Spider S #1 Platinum/White

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

Ball - Srixon Z-star.....Q-Star in Spring and Fall

Jeremy Booth

Swing easy.

Congrats testers! I’ve been playing the Maxfli Tours and look forward to seeing how all the models compare.

Stay on Target!    94602_x-wing_512x512.png.e6fd366aa256fea54f342bdfaa860cb7.png

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0811X Gen 4 Driver

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Maltby KE4 TC HyWay Utility Wood

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Irons (LW - 7)

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Hybrids (4, 5, 6)

image.png.0d2df83eb1bcf82eb1adec6302909991.png    MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

image.png.43257b3b93a88cb87b3dfc1ae39a025a.png  Tour Ball X

18 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

Testing the Tour
@David Leighton Reid
@CSiders12

Testing the Tour S
@Manny
@thechrisgibbs

Testing the Tour X
@Micah T
@cjeffs12

Congratulations to all of the testers!  I can't wait to read all of your reviews and final assessments (especially for the Tour X, as that has always been my favorite ball in the Maxfli Tour series).

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Congratulations to those who were selected!

I play both the Maxfli Tour and the ProV1X. Will be very interested to seeing what the testers think, especially those who are were playing ProV1 or ProV1X previously. I have my opinion on the matter, but withhold comment until the results are in.

Ping G400 Driver, Ping G410 3W & 5W, Cobra King F9 4h, Cobra King F9 irons (5 - GW), Cleveland CBX Wedges (54* and 60*), Odyssey Toe Up 1 Putter