Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Want to really prove you can be a tester? Read this FIRST then comment!

How To Be A Tester Guide!

What makes you different and why would you be the next best tester for MGS Forum?

I have been working on my slice for 2 years now and have finally started hitting straight. But now do I know how to slice and draw the ball off the tee? You betcha! I have been through a lot of driver testing the last 3 years and know what I want from a driver. I will be dropping my handicap this year for sure since I am hitting fairways more. I also have access to indoor simulators. Thank you.

Edited by HBaum

I am what I am, and that is all that I am.

I believe that I should be a tester because I understand the detail oriented nature of testing. I was previously a beta-tester for another golf product. I met all deadlines and I provided detailed descriptions of each testing phase. I had some ideas that were later integrated into the final product.

My background as a professional athlete (bowling) gives me a perspective on gear that, perhaps others don't have. I can share that with the other spies. 

I take my golf seriously. I do golf over 100 rounds a year. Sometimes, I don't take myself so seriously that I don't enjoy the game, but I have a self-deprecating sense of humor which helps me to keep things light. 

I also feel that I can express myself fairly well. I typically write in a more conversational style, but can get into technical areas when needed. I don't believe I would lose the reader in technical jargon.

All in all, I believe I would make an excellent candidate to be a tester during 2024.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Great link! Really self explanatory! Testing is a blast it gets you outside playing the game we love! As a man working on my game and trying to find any way I can do it in the short golf season I have in Wisconsin! I truly like to put products through all the tests and things people normally don’t think to do! Right now it’s the dead of winter and my bag boy bag is sitting on the floor of the garage to see how it holds up sitting on cement with salt water! It’s a great opportunity to not only give people onsite on a product they may be thinking about but open the eyes to people who may not know they exist! I hope to be a tester again because I want to better my game and have something to pass on to my kids one day!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

I would be a good tester because I love to try different equipment. I play a ton of golf and have access to simulators. I talk to everyone and play with different people. I am kind of like a walking billboard sometimes. I like to go outside of the main manufacturers and try the "little guy" companies. I have already posted about my New Level clubs and started a subject in the forum about what tees should you play. I still keep up with that subject and try to answer questions or just comment on other member's posts. I have posted pictures of my new clubs as well, but right now in Cheyenne it is winter so not many pictures yet. I am fairly new to MGS but am engaged, and really appreciate all the other member's testing reviews. That in itself makes me want to provide good reviews. Thanks, and happy birdie hunting!!!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft 

Woods: Ping 425 Max 3-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Hybrid: PXG 0317 17*-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Irons: New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: PXG 311 Gen 3 52-56 Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Putter: TaylorMade Truss Heal

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Ball: OnCore VeroX 

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

I will make a good video for this to show why I should be considered. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

As a tester, I would work to continue to improve the product I would provide to other members. I have worked extremely hard on my game the past two years. Part of that journey was joining this site. I really have learned a lot and enjoy sharing ideas, feedback and the occasional exchanges where views are different. All this adds up to helping each of us achieve our goals and enjoying the game better. Additionally, it has been fun showing and allowing those I play with to see it test themselves some of the items I have tested. This has also led to many of my fellow golfers here purchasing the items themselves.

How I would attack future opportunities would be dependent on what is being tested. However, I would like to work on my content including even better pictures and media. Additionally, I would probably include more of my launch monitor data. While I am a total feel player, I do understand that many want to see hard data. I have enjoyed and am grateful for the opportunities offered and hope that I have been able to provide beneficial feedback to my fellow members. 

Edited by Javs

Play like a champion today!

Not to whor up this thread, but here is a few clips from my previous tests.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I think I learn something from each test I do (either officially or unofficially). I personally enjoy sharing my thoughts and experiences with different equipment on here and is one of the main things that brought me to this site. Working on being able to test something in a new or different way is always compelling to me in addition to trying to remove biases as much as possible. That is why I continue to rely heavily on things like trackman but also try to come to testing in a fairly holistic way so it does become 100% data driven. One of the hardest things to quantify in a golf  club or ball test, for example, is feel. I have struggled with coming up with any real metrics other than just my words describing my experience. I have had trouble coming up with good, comparable metrics to get to something so subjective as feel. 

I read the reviews on this site, watch review/test videos on youtube and try to learn from others people's way of testing as things that I can incorporate going forward. One area I have not dipped my toe into yet is editing down a testing "video". That is probably a hole in my process at this point. 

Right now I am doing an unofficial test on the Rapsodo MLM2Pro that I just purchased and also will do one on the Maltby TS1-IM and TS3 demos that I have. This is more about giving those people considering these products another reference point rather than trying to prove my prowess as a tester. 

Finally, I am really motivated by testing unconventional products or setups (shout to the "otto-phlex" thread). I think there are a lot of long held beliefs in golf that are not necessarily true for everyone and testing is the only way to get there. Just because you swing 105+ mph doesn't mean you have to get an X flex shaft. Just because you are a double digit handicap doesn't mean you won't get along with a more players style club. Just because you are a low handicap doesn't mean you need a high compression ball, etc. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Norm back in the day on his green carpet walk. Such poise. Such style. I think the calf muscles need a little work though.
image.jpeg.b5de9d2346323cd77599740605575982.jpeg

Where is the cowboy that stole those calf’s 

Play like a champion today!

3 minutes ago, Javs said:

image.gif.0ae76e5c291a6a6f65cc08e4879c861f.gif

I’m so glad this has turned to into this! 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

I  tested Titleist prototype balls recently, had done it previously as a Team Titleist guy , I experiment with the same type ball and measured the results , coupled with feel and trajectory . I play almost daily and practice days I don’t play so I have the time  and diligence to effectively test and review any products . At my age I’m very athletic and can give a very good review that could let seniors have a good idea of what to expect with the products , retired grocery management leader can pay attention to details 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

1 hour ago, Javs said:

We all need more humor at times!

Good quality humor is always needed!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I have golfed for over 40 years on courses in Canada, the United States, England, Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Japan. I have been a marshal on the PGA tournaments in Laquinta, California for 4 years. Also, I have marshaled LPGA tournaments at Mission Hills, California for 3 years.

I have been a member of several courses in Canada located in Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia. I am currently a member at the Blythe Golf Course in Blythe, California during the winter months and at the Glacier Greens Golf Course in Lazo, British Columbia. I was a member of the Andrews Air Force Base Golf Club in Maryland, United States for 4 years.

I assembled golf clubs for 15 years using components from Golfsmith. The experience, which I have gained over the last 40 years, includes many aspects of the golf industry from building clubs to acting as a PGA and LPGA marshal.

During my military career covering 30 years, I had the honour of writing briefs for a US President, 2 US Ambassadors, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Colin Powell. For my contribution to the United States Military Staff and American politicians, I received the US Medal for Meritorious Service although I was a member of the Canadian Armed Forces.

I believe that I am qualified to be a TESTER for MGS because of my golf experience in many countries and my ability to convey my deductions about golf equipment in a clear and concise manner.

P.A. Renaud - Tour Edge Driver 10.5* Senior Shaft

Tour Edge #3, #5 and #7 fairway woods

Callaway Epic Star irons - Senior shafts - 5 to gap wedge

Let's see some of golfers best photos! Glamour shots! 

While I love good write-ups, the photos and ability to take good photos are what really interest me.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

@bens197 I am glad you brought up the point of making the review relatable to those like you. I always gravitate towards similar players in a review I am interested in. Similar style, handicap etc. It is so important even though it may seem insignificant the introductions are very important for people to understand what type of golfer you are! 

Looking forward to reading more and seeing some quality photos!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Let's see some of golfers best photos! Glamour shots! 

While I love good write-ups, the photos and ability to take good photos are what really interest me.

@GolfSpy_APH don’t make me look on my hidden folder 😂😂😂