Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Today I played my first round since January 2nd.... it was ugly!  lol. Due to the weather and health issues of my golf partners, we had a slow start this year. I am not one of those who plays golf by myself.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Decent round today at Shady Valley Country Club. It was cold and windy and the fairways were a bit wet, but I managed a 44/43/87 without much trouble. Hit the ball pretty well and just had a few balls get gobbled up by the wind and fall short on several holes. Putting was fairly solid and I only had one 3-putt which occurred late in the round on the 17th hole. I finished out on a high note with a solid drive on the Par 5 18th leaving a great angle in with 4-iron. Pushed the 4-iron a touch and wound up in the back bunker, got out and drained a 30ft left-to-right putt for birdie. 🙂 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, Paul Hedrick said:

Today I played my first round since January 2nd.... it was ugly!  lol. Due to the weather and health issues of my golf partners, we had a slow start this year. I am not one of those who plays golf by myself.

At least you were able to get out, weather here prohibits that from happening, and I can relate to not playing alone.

Hope the weather, and your partners health both improve so you can get out more often than not.

I am hoping to get to an indoor range in the next couple weeks to get a head start on being ready for the season here.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

I don't play a round of golf on my own I practice on the golf course, I prefer to practice on the golf course because it's boring in the NETS or at the range. If I hit a good shot off the Tee par 3-4-5 I go to my ball and play the 2nd shot twice if those are both poor shots I play the 3rd shot 3 times and I've actually played the 5th shot 5times on a par4 at Liverpool south Sydney when my third went into water on the 17th from memory...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

I don't play a round of golf on my own I practice on the golf course, I prefer to practice on the golf course because it's boring in the NETS or at the range. If I hit a good shot off the Tee par 3-4-5 I go to my ball and play the 2nd shot twice if those are both poor shots I play the 3rd shot 3 times and I've actually played the 5th shot 5times on a par4 at Liverpool south Sydney when my third went into water on the 17th from memory...

If I’m playing without any partners, I will play select shots around the course, not necessarily where my ball ends up.  I know the course very well and where I am routinely hitting shots, so I will head there.  It’s amazing how much that improves my shots when I play for score; I can draw on the shots I recently made from a particular location.

Unfortunately with all the new golfers playing since covid, it’s nearly to get out by myself anymore.  If I’ve joined someone, I don’t feel like it’s polite to play multiple shots.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I ended up canceling my first round back today due to it raining anll night and into the morning. Naturally the rain stopped just before my tee time. Ugh. CPO isn’t fun, but I’m dying to get out there and play.

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

33 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I ended up canceling my first round back today due to it raining anll night and into the morning. Naturally the rain stopped just before my tee time. Ugh. CPO isn’t fun, but I’m dying to get out there and play.

Of course it stopped B4 Tee Time.  When you’re itching to play it’s Murphy’s Law.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 more holes in yesterday after work. Irons were uncharacteristically awful but driver continues to be making strides forward since restarting speed training. Longer days and warm weather should bring some more practice. Ready to get the game back in shape! 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Last year my index started at 19.7 and dropped to 16.2 by April and then I plateaued out and I could barely hit my handicap never mind beat it. If anything as the year went on after my initial drop in scoring and handicap index my scoring became so much worse and I was back to playing like a 25 index when I first started golf. I then decided once the winter kicked in I'd go for a series of lessons to see if I could improve come this year and get to single figures.  Here in the UK the conditions on courses at this time of year are usually terrible and some have the additional caveats of hitting off fairway mats or winter tees/greens. 

The lessons have mainly been focusing on swing technique with irons and ball striking. I have to be honest and say here that after about 6/7 lessons since October and countless hours of practice at the range or at home or even on the course I am no better at ball striking, actually I might even be worse to tell the truth. One of the things I had to correct was my alignment, so if anything that alone has made the biggest difference. I am looking at swing videos I have between then that first lesson and now and I don't see much of a difference to be honest.  I have played 6 rounds this year. I've had 4 good rounds and two absolute shockers what I can only describe as playing like a 30 index.

First round of the year at a course I'd never played with no winter novelties so actually hitting off proper tees and grass I went round in 84 which would've had me under my handicap. The weather on the day was really windy so I was pleasantly surprised when totting up my score at the end to have beaten my handicap. Struck the ball fairly well. Great start to the year!

Second round of the year at another new course I'd never played, off grass and cold but I had an even better round and shot 83, beating my index again. I was beginning to think I had made actual improvements to my 'level' and had managed to drop a few shots.

My third round this year and I was back at my home course playing off some winter tees and with fairway mats in use. Went round in 83 again which I was very happy with! That was a big improvement considering how I finished the year scoring wise. At this point I thought I'd made serious improvements and was really happy with how my game was shaping up for the season ahead.

Fourth round I shot an 81 at my home course! Was absolutely chuffed and confidence was flowing about breaking 80 at some point this year. Really thought I'd turned a corner with the game in terms of dropping another 3/4 shots off my rounds.

Fifth round I played at a new course again and was playing really poorly, but the course itself was in awful condition and tbh I don't think anyone  would have beaten their handicap that day. I just chalked it up to a bad day at the office and forgot about it.

Today... I was brought crashing back down to earth. Went to play at top 50 course in the UK and was suitably humbled. Not only by the course itself which was pretty difficult as is but it was also windy and very cold. I actually had an okay start but the round very quickly went to s***. I went out in 45. Not disastrous with it being a tough course and conditions. Came back in on 52 for a total of 97!! I hadn't seen a score like that in a very long time and I now feel very disheartened with my game. I wasn't able to the hit the ball at all and it's actually a miracle how I didn't get to triple figures from a scoring perspective. Tops/thins/fats/slices/hooks. It was so bad. I really thought I had turned a corner and improved from a scoring perspective but it looks like that's not be the case.

I understand you are going to have good days and bad days on the course and I can accept that, I mean nobody goes out at amateur level and shoots consistent 81's do they?! But this was just so disheartening and I couldn't enjoy the round, it was cold and windy and I honestly just wanted to go home so I'm now sitting here feeling like garbage about my game. I usually get to the range twice midweek to practice things from the lessons but I think this week I am now just going to tune out of golf and take a mental reset. I have started speed training with the stack so will continue with that for this week and next week I will get back onto the course again hopefully feeling a bit more enthusiastic and energetic about my game.

Golf...what a game huh!

On 2/22/2023 at 4:11 PM, Javs said:

Thank you for the added feedback and I agree 100 percent. Too far back and the ball spins too much and usually off to the right. I think the next major issues people have are not being aggressive enough through the shot and taking too long a back swing. 

That, and as @chisag said, getting to a proper impact position.

On 2/22/2023 at 3:09 PM, Bang60 said:

Knock down shots and the hardest shot for me, what’s your secret 🤫 

You got a few good tips here, but the one stressing proper impact position is critical, imo. Early last season I went through an awful period of play with my irons and wedges, it was a nightmare.

I saw a teacher who stressed that position to me. He had me stand frozen in place with the club and my weight in the proper spot until I knew exactly what it was and how it should feel. Then I took swings from 9 to 3 (I’m lefty) and hold my finish to feel the position again. From there I just hinged and increased the turn on my backswing and  concentrated on what felt like keeping the club low on my follow through. Once it all became ingrained in my head, my golf swing was back.

It’s funny, I had made that same move subconsciously for years and years playing sports (including golf) but when things go off the rails I sometimes take myself down such winding roads I can’t get back to the highway on my own.

My best advice to you, or anyone is go see someone who can show you exactly WHAT THE PROPER IMPACT POSITION ACTUALLY IS. Once you know, you’ll be able to get to it very easily. Trying to figure it out on your own usually complicates things. 

6 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

That, and as @chisag said, getting to a proper impact position.

You got a few good tips here, but the one stressing proper impact position is critical, imo. Early last season I went through an awful period of play with my irons and wedges, it was a nightmare.

I saw a teacher who stressed that position to me. He had me stand frozen in place with the club and my weight in the proper spot until I knew exactly what it was and how it should feel. Then I took swings from 9 to 3 (I’m lefty) and hold my finish to feel the position again. From there I just hinged and increased the turn on my backswing and  concentrated on what felt like keeping the club low on my follow through. Once it all became ingrained in my head, my golf swing was back.

It’s funny, I had made that same move subconsciously for years and years playing sports (including golf) but when things go off the rails I sometimes take myself down such winding roads I can’t get back to the highway on my own.

My best advice to you, or anyone is go see someone who can show you exactly WHAT THE PROPER IMPACT POSITION ACTUALLY IS. Once you know, you’ll be able to get to it very easily. Trying to figure it out on your own usually complicates things. 

You are correct. That’s why I started my response with: “I will start by saying a lesson with a teaching pro is probably  the best route”. Especially since we can’t watch what the persons swing actually looks like here. So, what might work for me might not work for anyone else. However, he did say he didn’t want to pay for lessons. In that case, wouldn’t hurt for him to try what we offered at the range. Often the best way to figure things out is in the dirt and putting in the time!

Play like a champion today!

On 2/20/2023 at 10:05 PM, Rickp said:

Nope, I still like the 1st off break of dawn golf.  Hope I always do😁

Lol. Rick you and your Bacon Boys are finished with 9 and you’re posting about them when I’m having my coffee most mornings. Lol.
Reading your recaps are a part of my breakfast ritual.

7 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Weather there looks to be improving each and every day starting tomorrow through Thursday................................ then forecast shows a wet Friday and then much cooler next weekend.

You should be able to get some time on the course next week. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

12 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Lol. Rick you and your Bacon Boys are finished with 9 and you’re posting about them when I’m having my coffee most mornings. Lol.
Reading your recaps are a part of my breakfast ritual.

Thanks, I try.  We enjoy our morning golf and breakfast.  
I haven’t had a chance to write up last Friday yet.

Rick

Left Hand, 

7:00 Tee Time Friday with 65* so really nice.  I shot a +4 as irons were really good and driver decided to turn into a “duck hook” stick.  Gotta work on that.  The guy who Bacon Boyz was named after has been a bit of a disappointment, his new Doc told him if he continues to eat/drink the way he does he’s going to die and soon.  Well now he’s Oatmeal at breakfast and lost 15# already!!  Good for him, need to keep him around he makes me laugh.   
Still has his his Rum & Diet Cokes, he says since it’s Diet Coke it’s healthy.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played my first full 18 holes in 2023.  About 55*, but the wind really picked up and was playing a bit tougher.  Oddly enough that's when I started to make some putts and execute on my chipping a bit better.

The front 9, I actually had several good looks at birdie, but just couldn't make anything longer than 3 feet or chip anything closer than 12/15 feet.  Definitely some work to do there.

This was also the first time out with my TSR3 driver and it was great.  I went 8/14 for fairways and could easily have been 11 or 12 with a different bounces.

The 18th hole was just bad all around.

image.png.ce13099bc50c596852ecb4661810febb.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

18 hours ago, MIHIGO26 said:

Last year my index started at 19.7 and dropped to 16.2 by April and then I plateaued out and I could barely hit my handicap never mind beat it. If anything as the year went on after my initial drop in scoring and handicap index my scoring became so much worse and I was back to playing like a 25 index when I first started golf. I then decided once the winter kicked in I'd go for a series of lessons to see if I could improve come this year and get to single figures.  Here in the UK the conditions on courses at this time of year are usually terrible and some have the additional caveats of hitting off fairway mats or winter tees/greens. 

The lessons have mainly been focusing on swing technique with irons and ball striking. I have to be honest and say here that after about 6/7 lessons since October and countless hours of practice at the range or at home or even on the course I am no better at ball striking, actually I might even be worse to tell the truth. One of the things I had to correct was my alignment, so if anything that alone has made the biggest difference. I am looking at swing videos I have between then that first lesson and now and I don't see much of a difference to be honest.  I have played 6 rounds this year. I've had 4 good rounds and two absolute shockers what I can only describe as playing like a 30 index.

First round of the year at a course I'd never played with no winter novelties so actually hitting off proper tees and grass I went round in 84 which would've had me under my handicap. The weather on the day was really windy so I was pleasantly surprised when totting up my score at the end to have beaten my handicap. Struck the ball fairly well. Great start to the year!

Second round of the year at another new course I'd never played, off grass and cold but I had an even better round and shot 83, beating my index again. I was beginning to think I had made actual improvements to my 'level' and had managed to drop a few shots.

My third round this year and I was back at my home course playing off some winter tees and with fairway mats in use. Went round in 83 again which I was very happy with! That was a big improvement considering how I finished the year scoring wise. At this point I thought I'd made serious improvements and was really happy with how my game was shaping up for the season ahead.

Fourth round I shot an 81 at my home course! Was absolutely chuffed and confidence was flowing about breaking 80 at some point this year. Really thought I'd turned a corner with the game in terms of dropping another 3/4 shots off my rounds.

Fifth round I played at a new course again and was playing really poorly, but the course itself was in awful condition and tbh I don't think anyone  would have beaten their handicap that day. I just chalked it up to a bad day at the office and forgot about it.

Today... I was brought crashing back down to earth. Went to play at top 50 course in the UK and was suitably humbled. Not only by the course itself which was pretty difficult as is but it was also windy and very cold. I actually had an okay start but the round very quickly went to s***. I went out in 45. Not disastrous with it being a tough course and conditions. Came back in on 52 for a total of 97!! I hadn't seen a score like that in a very long time and I now feel very disheartened with my game. I wasn't able to the hit the ball at all and it's actually a miracle how I didn't get to triple figures from a scoring perspective. Tops/thins/fats/slices/hooks. It was so bad. I really thought I had turned a corner and improved from a scoring perspective but it looks like that's not be the case.

I understand you are going to have good days and bad days on the course and I can accept that, I mean nobody goes out at amateur level and shoots consistent 81's do they?! But this was just so disheartening and I couldn't enjoy the round, it was cold and windy and I honestly just wanted to go home so I'm now sitting here feeling like garbage about my game. I usually get to the range twice midweek to practice things from the lessons but I think this week I am now just going to tune out of golf and take a mental reset. I have started speed training with the stack so will continue with that for this week and next week I will get back onto the course again hopefully feeling a bit more enthusiastic and energetic about my game.

Golf...what a game huh!

Sounds about right.  Rounds will likely be worse after lessons and practicing drills; takes time to engrain new feels.  Congratulations on playing under your index... focus on that.  Don't worry about the bad round on a difficult course under difficult conditions.  It's easy to get your "new game" out of whack when conditions are tough; we revert back to old habits.  Focus on what you learned this winter and play courses that are familiar this spring.

If it's any consolation, I usually shoot in high 70's on my course.  A week ago I had a 77 followed by a 99 when it was cold and windy.  Shake it off.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, MIHIGO26 said:

I understand you are going to have good days and bad days on the course and I can accept that, I mean nobody goes out at amateur level and shoots consistent 81's do they?!

Don't get disheartened.  I've been on a similar journey and it takes a while.  It started for me when I decided about three years ago I was tired of being mediocre at the only game I care for.  There have been untold up and downs along the way, including the initial shock that I was a much higher index than I thought I was -- have a casual player hole out every putt and watch the meltdown about how they usually play better than this.  😆

For me, I initially got incredibly frustrated when it felt like I was about to hit the mountaintop only to find another mountaintop beyond.  After a few stop and starts like that I realized that seeing the next mountaintop is an opportunity to discover the next portion of your game that needs fixing (often times things you didn't know existed).  The lower your index goes the more mountaintops you discover that have to be conquered and the path forward isn't particularly clear.   At the beginning the things you have to fix are low hanging fruit -- easy to pickup strokes from just not making silly decisions, keeping the ball in play, marginally more consistent balls striking, etc.  Where I'm at  at 11 there's a few low hanging fruits left but a lot of it is very subtle, including the fixes to some of the low hanging fruit.  I can imagine that the subtleties of going from a 5 to a 1 are maddening but I have no idea what they are.  

Last year I went from 13.9 to 10.8 in the first six months of the year and just stopped cold and regressed back to 11.1.  I've been there since July. That little three stroke chunk was pretty straight forward, better ball striking and better course management.  Seriously -- in play off the tee, no hero shots, aim at the center of the green.  The next chunk has been much harder.  The improvements I made exposed parts of my game that really needed work:   Lag putting, wedges from 100-30 yards, and it laid bare that I wasn't going anywhere without fixing a blowup hole tendency.  As I've worked on the first two my index hasn't gone lower, but my anti index (Average of the 12 discarded differentials) has crept to as low as 4 strokes from my actual index -- including a streak of 12 straight rounds in below 90.  A stat that I'd argue is, for some people, a better measure of improvement than the actual index.   The third has been much tougher to diagnose but I may have a line on it finally -- I'm a real ******* to myself on course after almost every shot and I think the negativity builds to a point that it will all spill out after a particularly bad swing off the tee or on approach.  I think if I figure this one out I might finally get to single digits.  Then I'll get to find a whole other segment of things to work on.  

Interestingly enough that 21 round streak is bookended by two rounds over 100.  One was on a tough course in really tough conditions the other was just a really bad day where nothing worked.  I reiterate.  Don't get disheartened.  There's going to be a lot of steps backwards, but there's also going to be a ton of steps forward as you improve your game.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Thanks, I try.  We enjoy our morning golf and breakfast.  
I haven’t had a chance to write up last Friday yet.

I got a chance yesterday to catch up in a few threads, and I saw you had some stuff going on.I hope everything is okay. 

8 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I got a chance yesterday to catch up in a few threads, and I saw you had some stuff going on.I hope everything is okay. 

Thanks, “stuff happens” and we’ll get thru it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

24 minutes ago, panhndl said:

First post here.

Today was my first 18 in quite a while.  I might have been able to golf once in December, but I have spent quite a lot of time on the simulator this winter.

Some friends and I each kicked in $5000 and built a very nice Uneekor EYE XO with GS Pro and hitting bay from Gung Ho Golf.  Additionally, I recently got a lesson that has helped me immensely in straightening out my drives.  Interestingly, as a lefty, I think the Uneekor interprets my slices worse than in real life.  Or maybe today I just had a good day.  Either way, I feel like the practice, lessons and data have helped a lot.

Last spring I kept my scores for handicapping for men’s league.  I generally score about 110 +/-.  If I have 2 pars, I feel pretty good.

Today my drives were much straighter and even my slices were much less dramatic.  I had 5 pars and 1 birdie.  I felt pretty proud.  That’s a very good round for me.  I wish I had kept score because it likely would have been my personal best.  And I was able to do it with my 8 year old son (who found his PW in the lost club tub after we thought it lost).  It was a good day. 

Nice day out plus with your son, I hope he enjoyed the day and keeps going...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So that was interesting... 

I had a great round. No doubles, no birdies just a par and bogey fest today. However it was bloody cold! 32 degrees winds around 15 mph or more and well after the 6th hole it started to snow. 

I think I told myself at least twice a hole, what are you doing? Why are you out here?

However I was putting the PXG 0211 in play for the first time and ... well more on that in another thread. I was also striking my irons great. So pure... which gave me another thought. Maybe the key to my toe strikes is playing in miserable conditions, where the weather is so cold that a missed strike will cause so much pain I would want to quit... but in all seriousness I think I misstruck 2 irons the whole time. I found a swing and rhythm that just worked. In part because of being I was playing alone and could just play and not have to wait for groups or anything. 

It all just clicked... except for putting. The putter went ice cold... and I actually mean ice cold. 
PXL_20230227_134720495.jpg

Ice actually froze onto the putter. 

It was actually a lot of fun and such a nice change from the awful toe strikes I had been struggling with. Thanks to a bit of a side suggestion from @GolfSub70 about length. I simply really went to the tip tip to of the grip and it seemed to click. Also because I was wearing about 8 layers I couldn't go on a huge back swing and think this also helped. 

Either way a fun cold round in the snow... silly Jamie. 

Sounds like a great round in those conditions! I have played when snow is flying before and you're not kidding about the pain you feel when missing irons 😵

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

So that was interesting... 

I had a great round. No doubles, no birdies just a par and bogey fest today. However it was bloody cold! 32 degrees winds around 15 mph or more and well after the 6th hole it started to snow. 

I think I told myself at least twice a hole, what are you doing? Why are you out here?

However I was putting the PXG 0211 in play for the first time and ... well more on that in another thread. I was also striking my irons great. So pure... which gave me another thought. Maybe the key to my toe strikes is playing in miserable conditions, where the weather is so cold that a missed strike will cause so much pain I would want to quit... but in all seriousness I think I misstruck 2 irons the whole time. I found a swing and rhythm that just worked. In part because of being I was playing alone and could just play and not have to wait for groups or anything. 

It all just clicked... except for putting. The putter went ice cold... and I actually mean ice cold. 
PXL_20230227_134720495.jpg

Ice actually froze onto the putter. 

It was actually a lot of fun and such a nice change from the awful toe strikes I had been struggling with. Thanks to a bit of a side suggestion from @GolfSub70 about length. I simply really went to the tip tip to of the grip and it seemed to click. Also because I was wearing about 8 layers I couldn't go on a huge back swing and think this also helped. 

Either way a fun cold round in the snow... silly Jamie. 

Did you have a cover on your putter?

I’m passing on playing in snow lol 😂