MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

Foz, I’m at the white tees not sure how much longer. Maybe when I turn 75 in a year I’ll move up .

The "rule" at my club is:  "When Age + Handicap = 90, you can move up to the senior tees."

We have a guy at our club who was a club pro.  He's 94 now and plays in the gangsome from the Forward tees.  He gets a pop on every hole; some holes two pops.  Last year he got a Hole-in-One on the par 3 #17...  NET ZERO.

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Why can't we have senior ladies tees?!!

Our club does 😉  

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Our club does 😉  

Where? I can't talk my club into even listening.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

3 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Rogue Valley Country Club, Medford OR.   We have Black (championship), Gold (regular), Blue ( senior), White (forward), and Red tees(even more forward).  Most women play the white tees, but some will play the red tees.  The red tees are relatively new.  Our scorecard and course rating also defines a Gold/Blue combo, a Blue/White combo, and a White/Red combo.  Our course has 27 holes, although not all #9 end at the clubhouse.  The inside 9 also has green tees, which are set up for a 9 hole par 3 setup.

If you play at a muni, you'll likely have a difficult time getting new tees.  If you play at a private club or a semi-private golf club, you can maybe get a petition going from the members to drive the issue.  The red tees that we now have came about as a result of the senior women looking to play a shorter course.  The older senior men love those tees, as well!  😄  

• Like 5

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Tonight is league play so hoping for different results on the back 9 then the last few times I've played this side.

But last round I played was interesting: opened with double, bogey, triple, double. Then went bogey par bogey par par finish on the front. Good enough for a 46 and a heck of a rally.

The back 9 was cartoonish levels of bad.  Ended up with a 53 for a 99. My drives went all over the place including one in a bunker and two in the water. Hit an iron OOB and one into a creek. Just a complete disaster. My guess is my energy levels lagged and I ran out of steam. Not sure, but more range time for sure today.

• Like 4

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

The "rule" at my club is:  "When Age + Handicap = 90, you can move up to the senior tees."
We have a guy at our club who was a club pro.  He's 94 now and plays in the gangsome from the Forward tees.  He gets a pop on every hole; some holes two pops.  Last year he got a Hole-in-One on the par 3 #17...  NET ZERO.

That guy is my Hero!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

... It would be really nice if courses came up with a new color for the most forward tees. One of our muni's replaced Red tees with Green tees and sure enough some senior men moved up to the "forward" tees when they would not play "ladies" tees, even though they are in the exact same spot. Gold, Silver or really any color other than Red. I also thought Red was kind of insulting to women anyway, as better women players played longer tees. Several years ago I played with a guy that said to one woman playing our tees "Impressive you don't play from the tees meant for you" LOL, she just smiled and said nothing while whopping his a$$. 

Interesting about the color. There are no Red Tees, maybe whoever set the Tee Box design had the “Red Tee” stigma in mind.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Surprised their not listening. Even the course I played in CT put in Senior Ladies Tees right B4 I left.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

58 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It would be really nice if courses came up with a new color for the most forward tees. One of our muni's replaced Red tees with Green tees and sure enough some senior men moved up to the "forward" tees when they would not play "ladies" tees, even though they are in the exact same spot. Gold, Silver or really any color other than Red. I also thought Red was kind of insulting to women anyway, as better women players played longer tees. Several years ago I played with a guy that said to one woman playing our tees "Impressive you don't play from the tees meant for you" LOL, she just smiled and said nothing while whopping his a$$. 

The white tees are the women's tees (renamed to "forward" tees").  They added the red tees recently, but most of the women still play the white tees.  Most of the seniors over late 70s are playing the whites and/or the reds.  Our senior monthly scramble has people playing from blues, whites, and reds.  Our club's average age was up there for awhile, but aggressive marketing has brought in a lot of younger couples and kids.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It would be really nice if courses came up with a new color for the most forward tees. One of our muni's replaced Red tees with Green tees and sure enough some senior men moved up to the "forward" tees when they would not play "ladies" tees, even though they are in the exact same spot. Gold, Silver or really any color other than Red. I also thought Red was kind of insulting to women anyway, as better women players played longer tees. Several years ago I played with a guy that said to one woman playing our tees "Impressive you don't play from the tees mean for you" LOL, she just smiled and said nothing while whopping his a$$. 

We have black, blue, white and red tees. The black tees are the super awesome hitters, the blue tees are regular men's regular,  white are senior men and red are ladies. My idea was that they could make the white tees for senior men and regular ladies, leaving the red tee box for senior ladies. I think it's a logical solution because there wouldn't even be an expense to build addition tee boxes. The ones who are against the idea are the regular women players. There are only a handful of us ladies over 65 that still play. Certainly not enough to fill a petition.

I like the idea of changing the color to green (maybe lime green, yellow or gold) to eliminate red. My son's course in Colorado did away with colors altogether using symbols cut into metal markers. They even have a set almost halfway down some fairway for kids.

• Like 6

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Played early 9 w Monday group. One of our guys couldn’t make it so we had a walk-on. Oh Boy, 9 holes from hell. Slowest player I’ve ever met.
Name every cliche there is that a player can do to irritate and slow play this guy did it. He is around our ages (mid 70’s) but horrible.
Next time I see him coming I’m going home.
BTW, one guy in our group is a lot more patient than me and he was absolutely livid.
Whew, I feel better now.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

We have black, blue, white and red tees. The black tees are the super awesome hitters, the blue tees are regular men's regular,  white are senior men and red are ladies. My idea was that they could make the white tees for senior men and regular ladies, leaving the red tee box for senior ladies. I think it's a logical solution because there wouldn't even be an expense to build addition tee boxes. The ones who are against the idea are the regular women players. There are only a handful of us ladies over 65 that still play. Certainly not enough to fill a petition.

I like the idea of changing the color to green (maybe lime green, yellow or gold) to eliminate red. My son's course in Colorado did away with colors altogether using symbols cut into metal markers. They even have a set almost halfway down some fairway for kids.

We have the exact same tee box designation... Black, Blue, White and Red.  I play from the Blue tees, and White tees are the senior tees.  It's interesting, but our Blue tees are about the same yardage as the White tees at all the other courses in the area.   We get non-member players that show up and don't check the scorecard for yardages who play from the Whites.  It actually helps move the players along a little better.  I don't know why our course did that but it was a good idea. 

At the course I am playing tomorrow, many years ago they had flower pots designating the forward tees.  My wife said: "Hell, no!"  and played from the senior tees.  It's one of two true desert courses in the state according to the USGA.  She was in the native area all day.  I guess she showed them!!!   🤣

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, CarlH said:

Rogue Valley Country Club, Medford OR.   We have Black (championship), Gold (regular), Blue ( senior), White (forward), and Red tees(even more forward).  Most women play the white tees, but some will play the red tees.  The red tees are relatively new.  Our scorecard and course rating also defines a Gold/Blue combo, a Blue/White combo, and a White/Red combo.  Our course has 27 holes, although not all #9 end at the clubhouse.  The inside 9 also has green tees, which are set up for a 9 hole par 3 setup.

If you play at a muni, you'll likely have a difficult time getting new tees.  If you play at a private club or a semi-private golf club, you can maybe get a petition going from the members to drive the issue.  The red tees that we now have came about as a result of the senior women looking to play a shorter course.  The older senior men love those tees, as well!  😄  

I wonder how much difference there are between regions. Seems to be a lot of different color combinations of tee locations. In my area blue are the tips, white are next, then green/white two colors and the front tees are red. And on a couple of courses around here we have yellow tee markers way out in the fairway around where you would land your first tee shot for kids/youth. 

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

12 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

I wonder how much difference there are between regions. Seems to be a lot of different color combinations of tee locations. In my area blue are the tips, white are next, then green/white two colors and the front tees are red. And on a couple of courses around here we have yellow tee markers way out in the fairway around where you would land your first tee shot for kids/youth. 

There's no standard for tee markers between courses.  The course right down the road has completely different color tees.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CarlH said:

There's no standard for tee markers between courses.  The course right down the road has completely different color tees.

Taken from golf canada website. I figured there were differences between countries, USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland.

Common colors

The most common tee colors used on golf courses are red, white and blue. Red tees, also referred to as ladies tees, are closest to the hole. They are primarily used by female golfers or players who cannot drive the ball more than 150 yards. White tees are used by most average golfers and are meant for those who can drive the ball 200 to 250 yards. Blue tees are usually the farthest from the hole and are reserved for experienced golfers or those who have exceptional driving range.

Other Colors

In addition to red, white and blue golf courses may also employ green, gold, black and silver. Green tees are rare and are used on courses to teach novice golfers. Black tees are used almost exclusively for special events such as club championships or professional tournaments. Gold tees can have two purposes. If placed near the tee they are meant for senior players. If a gold tee is the farthest tee then it is only used for championship play. Silver tees are for use by senior female players.

Course Colors

A New York Times article in 2009 revealed a growing trend in golf course design to abandon the traditional colors of red, white and blue. This trend is designed to counteract golfers' frequent habit of overestimating their driving ability and lengthening the amount of play time due to poorer performances. It is not uncommon for a newer golf course to use oak, granite or orange to designate distance. This requires players to consult the pro shop and puts them in a better position to play their best.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Now we got problems. One of the “Bacon Boyz” has C19. This contaminates 3 out of my 4 groups.
Not sure what’s going on yet but I’m out of golf for a few days until I see what’s going on.

Any chance you had contact or are you most likely in the clear? Hope all plays out the best it can

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸