Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Rain gear... how badly do you want to play?

GolfSpy Tim

This product hit the inbox today, and as a fair weather golfer (I live in California - I'll be playing in shorts and a t-shirt with Dave on Friday....) I'm curious how many of you would actually want/need this legit of rain gear for your golf rounds??
------------------------------
When it pours, we reign!
Visit http://www.seaforthraingear.com/ and then place your order for the 2015 season.

seaforth%20rainhood1.jpg

slicker%20carry%20bag%20#9%20.png

YELLOW%20RAIN%20HAT%20BACK%20BRIM%20UP1.jpg

I've got no issues playing in the rain, but I have a cover for my golf cart.  No need for anything to protect the bag.

For myself I have the rainproof bucket hat, pants and either short or long sleeve jacket depending on temps.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I can handle rain, or I can handle cold.....but cold and rain? Not so much.

If my grips are dry, my feet are dry and my gloves (hanging from underneath my umbrella) are dry then it's not a bother really. My cart bag is waterproof, my storm proof umbrella attaches to trolley and I can stand under the umbrella when not playing shots.

Oh and if you don't play in the rain that rules out a lot of the season in the UK!

Not a fan of the hat, don't like hats really.

but if I carried then that bag cover would be very useful indeed.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I have a Frogger Cart Poncho that works great.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I avoid playing in the rain if possible. Just don't enjoy it. Keeping things dry is not a sport. LOL!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

You really have to worry about your back and glutes in the rain and cold - hope someone's told Tiger!

Keeping dry and warm is important, so dry layer on top and some under armour cold gear shorts.

Your missing out divots, if you can handle the weather then half the field talk themselves out of it on the first tee.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Even though I live in the Pacific NW and grew up on the rainy side of the Cascades, I live in the desert now and I don't feel that I have to play in the rain.  If it's raining, wait an hour maybe a day.  That said, I do end up playing in the rain sometimes when I travel so I have the usual rain pants and jacket.  Last year I added 

The Outdoor Research Seattle Sombrero gore-tex hat:        82130_289.jpg

and the Sun Mountain Dry Hood, an umbrella for you clubs; easy club access and folds up small to fit in a bag pocket.

dryhood.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am the quintessential foul weather golfer.   I play down past freezing and any time the course is open and there is no danger of lightning.   I'm the guy you still see under a tree when all the carts scurry home.   And here's the thing -   I don't find that I ever need rain gear.   I stopped packing my rain pants years ago and I have a light windbreaker in the car, which I'll stick in the bag when things look iffy.  The full suit just isn't worth it.

By the same token the Umbrella always goes with and I have a cart mount holder.  I also have the great Nike Bandon waterproof boots and the cart mittens for when it's cold.   So I'm a gizmo fiend, but the rain suit just seems unnecessary.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I am the quintessential foul weather golfer.   I play down past freezing and any time the course is open and there is no danger of lightning.   I'm the guy you still see under a tree when all the carts scurry home.   And here's the thing -   I don't find that I ever need rain gear.   I stopped packing my rain pants years ago and I have a light windbreaker in the car, which I'll stick in the bag when things look iffy.  The full suit just isn't worth it.

By the same token the Umbrella always goes with and I have a cart mount holder.  I also have the great Nike Bandon waterproof boots and the cart mittens for when it's cold.   Some I'm a gizmo fiend, but the rain suit just seems unnecessary.

When we get rain, it isn't much so I don't wear any rain gear when playing at home.  But when I travel, it's been a necessity.  I really rains at Bandon Dunes!!  BYW, aren't the Bandon boots wonderful?  Most comfortable fully waterproof golf footwear ever.  I've only needed then twice so far, but glad I have them!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You really have to worry about your back and glutes in the rain and cold - hope someone's told Tiger!

Keeping dry and warm is important, so dry layer on top and some under armour cold gear shorts.

Your missing out divots, if you can handle the weather then half the field talk themselves out of it on the first tee.

I'm in the cold back and glutes camp. :blink: :D Just too much crapola hurts on me to torture myself, especially if its cold and wet. I've been fortunate to pick days to play that I avoid rain. (Except one round we got sleeted on 1/2" during the course of one hole!)  I haven't played in anything with a "field" in some time. I've had a good rain jacket and pants, but never the whole enchilada of gear to keep me and my gear dry. I hate drying out my bag/gear especially. I can play in it just fine if it were a competition, and I'd be sure to buy the necassry gear.

I just don't like it. Give me sun and warm! (Get me out of MN!) :rolleyes:  B)

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

If it's really raining hard, the courses around here generally call off play.  If it's not raining hard enough to call off play, I've got a water-proof jacked I can put on.  I'll play with layers of clothes if it's cold, but don't like anything bulky and don't like to wear jackets.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I've got a club brella (the mini umbrella for your bag) and a rain suit. I bought the rainsuit when Golfsmith was going out of business because I've never had one. Only time I've worn it in the rain was when it started raining after we started playing.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I have rain suit but if I don't have to use it then it is a good day.  I have the rain suit for when I coach and travel to play.  I will only play in the rain if it is my only possible day in the near future or if I have already payed for the round on a trip. 

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

I have a golf umbrella. That is it. Problem is that there's only a few days of a rain a year that seem to be not total soakers. I've played in a tournament in torrential downpours only using the umbrella while carrying my bag. Didn't seem to get that wet even though it was absolutely pouring for 10 or so holes.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I have a golf umbrella. That is it. Problem is that there's only a few days of a rain a year that seem to be not total soakers. I've played in a tournament in torrential downpours only using the umbrella while carrying my bag. Didn't seem to get that wet even though it was absolutely pouring for 10 or so holes.

Nobody up here uses an umbrella except in the summertime for shade. I don't know what the annual rainfall is in Yuma, but we are probably not all that much different. Our problem is that with rain comes 25 mph wind; no good for umbrellas. It's better to just wait it out.

I have gotten a TON of use with my rain pants using them as a wind/snow shield layer in the winter for things like walking the dog or snow blowing. 99% of their use has been for these things. In this sense, they've been invaluable to me.

"Glute Activator"

I can't say I enjoy playing in the rain, but I've definitely done it.  I'm lucky enough to have traveled to Scotland and Ireland, with pre-paid golf, and I played no matter what the weather.  I own a good umbrella, waterproof jackets, pants, and hat, rain gloves, and at least a couple pairs of waterproof shoes, and they're all essential at some time, although I rarely put on the pants.  I use Iomic grips, and with the rain gloves I've never had a problem with the club slipping.  I don't go out for casual rounds in the rain, but when I go to Kohler this summer, I'm planning to play in whatever weather we get.  And my wife is just as crazy as I am, she'll be out there with me.

Having said all that, I don't see a need for the golf bag covers.  I can put my wallet in a ziplock, but the rest can get wet with no problem. 

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I use my pushcart most of the time, if it rains, I'll attach the umbrella to the cart, and I have raingear in my bag if needed, as well as an extra dry golf glove, and a set of rain golf gloves.

I always use my soft spike shoes, but carry a set of spiked golf shoes in my trunk locker in my car for those wet days.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

I used two batting gloves in baseball. For whatever reason, I just can't play in rain gloves. I feel like I'm gripping a garden hose or something.

"Glute Activator"

As we play year 'round in Tampa, I keep a rainsuit and special rainhat in my bag....also use the FJ rain gloves...the wetter they get the tackier they are.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'll play in the rain when the temperatures are decent. I'm of the opinion that playing in poor conditions such as rain or winter or heavy winds "toughen up" my game and make me more well rounded. I also think it helps with my mental game. Pants, jacket, and gloves are what I carry. The FJ rain gloves are nothing short of amazing.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Nobody up here uses an umbrella except in the summertime for shade. I don't know what the annual rainfall is in Yuma, but we are probably not all that much different. Our problem is that with rain comes 25 mph wind; no good for umbrellas. It's better to just wait it out.

Well I meant in NJ. In Yuma, we get the lowest rainfall in the united states. Usually most comes in Monsoon season which has the tendency to kick up dust storms.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

Also perhaps interesting: I use rain gloves mostly as winter gloves. Rarely do get a chance to break them out during the rain.

Well I meant in NJ. In Yuma, we get the lowest rainfall in the united states. Usually most comes in Monsoon season which has the tendency to kick up dust storms.

We get lots of dust storms too. Can blow 30-40mph with gusts up to 70. Don't have a monsoon season. Rainfall is typically 6in a year, but we don't get it all at once, usually less tha 0.5in at a time. Doesn't get as hot here in the summer as Yuma, but it will get to 105-108. Highest I've seen here is 112.

We get lots of dust storms too. Can blow 30-40mph with gusts up to 70. Don't have a monsoon season. Rainfall is typically 6in a year, but we don't get it all at once, usually less tha 0.5in at a time. Doesn't get as hot here in the summer as Yuma, but it will get to 105-108. Highest I've seen here is 112.

Wow. Where are you living? Sounds like Palm Springs or that area. Highest it got here was right around 120 and I played it in. It was an interesting round.

Wow. Where are you living? Sounds like Palm Springs or that area. Highest it got here was right around 120 and I played it in. It was an interesting round.

I am in SE Washington state, right on the Columbia River.  It was pretty much a desert 50 years ago, but with all the agriculture since then then humidity has risen from 15% to about 40% but the temps don't get as high as they used to.  Rain comes mostly in the winter/spring with an occasional T-storm in the summer.  Wind blows a lot here though.  You learn to play in the wind!

Played in Palm Springs several times during the summer over the past several years, and the temperatures haven't been all that different from home.  One year a few years ago, I was there for a week and it barely got over 100.  I thought about playing at the golf course in Death Valley one summer just to say that I did, but it was 126 and thought better of it!

That rain stuff looks pretty cool, I think it is invaluable to have as much of that stuff as you can get it at ready.  Where I live, you never know.  

Rainsuit, waterproof shoes, umbrella,  the rain gloves, that club cover for the bag looks like a winner, Gortex Hat, the cart cover is awesome with the little heater and maybe a pair of Glute Activators. (they come in a set of two)  Put all in the bag before you leave the house.

The Sun Mountain Dry Hood looks pretty spiffy, too.

My brother hates rain suits because all he can focus on is the noise they make when he swings, "shoosh, shoosh".  Even putting.  He's got AH/AD I think, I mean AD/HD.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Archived