Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Loft on your Driver (worth checking).

I think PlaidJacket has hit the nail on the head here.

If the driver is giving you the ball flight and distance you want, then what do you care what the specs are? Does it make any difference?

So since we know there is a variance and fitting does matter, would it be a good idea to buy the head one wanted and have a fitter optimize that exact head with ones swing?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

So since we know there is a variance and fitting does matter, would it be a good idea to buy the head one wanted and have a fitter optimize that exact head with ones swing?

Quite the contrary. It would be a bad idea to buy anything before being fitted - don't you think?

Quite the contrary. It would be a bad idea to buy anything before being fitted - don't you think?

I do but I also don't know of any way to make sure what i get fitted into is what I end up getting

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Maybe they do things different in the US, but the club you get fitted for with me is the one you get. 

Like the same exact head you used for the fitting?  How does your shop handle changing all the shafts then between OEM's?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Like the same exact head you used for the fitting?  How does your shop handle changing all the shafts then between OEM's?

It's not quite how it works. I gave up fitting for folks with no real idea of what they want or no intention of buying years ago, for precisely the reason you pointed out - there's just no money in it. Nobody other than high-end boutiques and tour vans carry large amounts of shafts ready to go in any head you care to name. But we do have a large database of shafts and their performance characteristics which can be recommended and assembled to order. The same goes for heads. 

And nobody other than high-end boutiques has the time or patience to let some time waster who has no clue what they want, to try every single option they have in their inventory.

So for selected customers, a consultation process is normally scheduled to find out what they want, what they can do and and we offer a bespoke solution. The adjustment in shaft weight and length alone makes carrying any sort of large inventory a complete waste of time, so most individual clubs or sets are made to order only. 

So in reality, we carry a stock of not much at all, because we only build for customers who know what they want, within reason - and we get it. We would never recommend anything hugely expensive or exotic, but if they really want something specific, we can do it. 

It's not quite how it works. I gave up fitting for folks with no real idea of what they want or no intention of buying years ago, for precisely the reason you pointed out - there's just no money in it. Nobody other than high-end boutiques and tour vans carry large amounts of shafts ready to go in any head you care to name. But we do have a large database of shafts and their performance characteristics which can be recommended and assembled to order. The same goes for heads.

And nobody other than high-end boutiques has the time or patience to let some time waster who has no clue what they want, to try every single option they have in their inventory.

So for selected customers, a consultation process is normally scheduled to find out what they want, what they can do and and we offer a bespoke solution. The adjustment in shaft weight and length alone makes carrying any sort of large inventory a complete waste of time, so most individual clubs or sets are made to order only.

So in reality, we carry a stock of not much at all, because we only build for customers who know what they want, within reason - and we get it. We would never recommend anything hugely expensive or exotic, but if they really want something specific, we can do it.

That sounds like a fitting I would gladly pay for!

This truly is a case of getting what you pay for. Glad you know your customer base and tell them up front the real deal.

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

• 2 weeks later...

There are very few people that have the abioity to accurately measure loft. And you may get a different reading than the nexf person because of the way the measurement is done.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I hate this tablet

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived