Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

True Temper xp90

Question - I was recently fit into an XP 90 shaft but not for Titleist irons.
I was told that the XP90 is proprietary to Titleist and that it is the same thing as the XP95

Is this true?  Isn't the XP95 heavier by 5 grams?
I could not find any information on XP90 on the True Temper site and can't seem to find much anywhere else either.... 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Question - I was recently fit into an XP 90 shaft but not for Titleist irons.

I was told that the XP90 is proprietary to Titleist and that it is the same thing as the XP95

Is this true? Isn't the XP95 heavier by 5 grams?

I could not find any information on XP90 on the True Temper site and can't seem to find much anywhere else either....

Are you sure it's not the TX-90?

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Nope... XP90.

This is from the fitter...
the confusion on the sticker issue is caused by the fact that Titleist wants the shaft they use to be proprietary. So they call the XP95 shaft by the designation XP90. they are the exact same shafts. same step pattern. same profile. same weight.

so unless you purchase titleist, you cannot get shafts that say XP90.

Quite confusing.  Why can't they call the one they sell to the public 90 plus or something like that?  90 v 95 is really disingenuous.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I wouldn't read too much into it. For the record, True Temper probably has the most confusing and contradictory shaft designation and naming system known to man. 

thanks... to add to the confusion found some blogs about XP90 vs XP95 shafts!  HAHA... maybe they didn't know it was the same thing???

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I wouldn't read too much into it. For the record, True Temper probably has the most confusing and contradictory shaft designation and naming system known to man. 

I would trust what this man says. Either one is a good fit. Take the fitter/Jaskanski's advice and pick either shaft.

As for the disingenuous portion of it all, I agree. But when it comes to marketing and having an "edge" most companies will stop at nothing for that.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• 2 years later...

True Temper XP 90 (Made Exclusively for Titleist)

True Temper XP 90 takes the successful XP series of lightweight, high performance, constant weight iron shafts even lighter. The low balance points provide better swingweight without added headweight in a mid-high launching, great feeling, and very stable package.

XP 90 FLEX WEIGHT TEMPO FLIGHT SPIN
True Temper XP 90 Steel Shaft - Titleist 718 Available Stock Shaft R300 95g - High Mid/High
  S300 97g - High Mid/High

True Temper XP 95

We all aspire to play inside the ropes, but few ever do. The XP Series brings your game inside the ropes by delivering explosive power and distance to every iron in the bag. Robot and player testing has shown an average of 6-8 yards improvement in carry distance, with many players seeing double-digit yardage gains with XP irons shafts. Featuring optimized trajectory in a superlight weight design, the XP golf shafts are engineered to be the longest and most forgiving steel shafts in the game today. XP 95 is a ultralight shaft (95g) designed to deliver maximum peak trajectory for explosive distance. True Temper's R&D team combined standard and speed steps in XP 95 to ensure the ultimate combination of maximum ball speed and dispersion control.

XP 95 FLEX WEIGHT TEMPO FLIGHT SPIN
True Temper XP 95 Steel Shaft - Titleist 718 Stock Shaft Available R300 93g Deliberate High Medium
  S300 95g Deliberate High Medium