Peterpc2828

MGS testing opportunities

Our Sponsors

Yep - I was a part of that review team. I think it was a Bushnell range finder. :(

We also had someone have their irons on eBay before the reviewing period was completed. I have no issue with a guy selling something he received and reviewed but this was way before stage three was done.

Other than that guys here have been great.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That makes me sad because it means he didn't even want the clubs in the first place. I'd never apply for something I didn't have real intentions on gaming.

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

Yep - I was a part of that review team. I think it was a Bushnell range finder. :(

We also had someone have their irons on eBay before the reviewing period was completed. I have no issue with a guy selling something he received and reviewed but this was way before stage three was done.

Wow, that's messed up.

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

I think I noticed that too, can't remember if it was part of the Bushnell test I was a part of or not. This kinds of irritates me since I know I put so much work and effort into testing and trying out my Bushnell. God only knows how much combined work everyone else did on the reviews too.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately for us, and fortunately for us, MGS puts a lot of trust in our community. I've only been here for a short time now. I have to say that why I'm here. Hopefully over time the DB's will fade away.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:titelist-small:                          980F 3 Wood

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

Upswing                   60* wedge

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

wow........ somebody actually did that?   :angry:

Yep sure did.

Rev. I think it was the Nexus GPS Band as I was on the panel as well and remember talking to Jonah from Nexus about it at the PGA Show.

Didn't know about the irons. But that is pretty Crappy as well. Like you said, at least have the courtesy to wait until the reviews are complete.

But a couple jerks out or the 100's of upstanding reviewers isn't too bad.

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I really hope to have the opportunity to review something for you all one time. I love talking about golf equipment and helping others. I feel like there's a lot of fluff in traditional reviews. That's why I like the system here, it's a peer review.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Just curious for those who have already done a review, how much time did you put into it? This would be a combination of range time, rounds, picture taking, and the actual writing.

Good question. Cannot quantify it like @Shankster nor respond as eloquently as @dang3rtown but also will say, "a lot".

You not only want to provide meaningful input and analysis, and enough data where applicable, and be sure to describe well enough .. and thoroughly enough .. the elements of the product that are specific to it and that may differentiate it from others like it - but do it all within the context of 'what kind of player are you' and then followed up by 'did it work for you, or if not .. why not'.

So, yeah, it is a big time commitment to do it "right".

But I - like the others who've already answered your question - really enjoyed doing it and for me the experience actually helped me move my game forward a bit!

• Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Probably half that, less than 2,000 words for sure. Bear in mind, this isn't even the real review, it's the, "get to know you/initial thoughts" portion.

Hmmm, I've gotten a bit umm .. chatty .. in my current Stage 1 review (not yet posted) -- going to have to go back and do some serious editing and chopping!
  • Like 2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Yep sure did.

Rev. I think it was the Nexus GPS Band as I was on the panel as well and remember talking to Jonah from Nexus about it at the PGA Show.

Didn't know about the irons. But that is pretty Crappy as well. Like you said, at least have the courtesy to wait until the reviews are complete.

At least as of when I'd read through it a few weeks ago, there were a few .. gaps .. in the Forward Golf putter grip reviews.....

Yep sure did.

It's really not bad at all! I have nothing against guys selling clubs after the test is done - but when it's done bring the operative word. I sign up for tests if I'm interested in the equipment or if I think my insight on it might be helpful to the group.

I don't always keep the equipment that I test anymore than I purchase every club that I demo.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

It's really not bad at all! I have nothing against guys selling clubs after the test is done - but when it's done bring the operative word. I sign up for tests if I'm interested in the equipment or if I think my insight on it might be helpful to the group.

I don't always keep the equipment that I test anymore than I purchase every club that I demo.

Yeah. I wasn't so much speaking to the selling of it. I know it's common and it is a lot of work and time invested in the testing.

Was more commenting on the selling before the review was complete.

As with everything in work and life. You will have those who give 100 percent to whatever they do. And you will have those who look for whatever shortcut possible to everything they do.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When I do my reviews I try to put myself in the reader's position and think of what they would want to see/read.

Reviews of club 'x' are all over the interwebs so I try to see how I can differentiate my review from all of the other standard ones and go from there.   

• Like 6

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 4-A KBS tour 120 
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

When I do my reviews I try to put myself in the reader's position and think of what they would want to see/read.

Reviews of club 'x' are all over the interwebs so I try to see how I can differentiate my review from all of the other standard ones and go from there.   

When I do my Mizuno test, this is what I'm going to focus on as well. I'm playing my first forged iron currently, so I'm especially interested to see if #nothingfeelslikeamizuno is true, or just a marketing thing. My Vapor Combos are pretty damn buttery when I pure them, and when I don't, I always know from the feedback the face provides. It's definitely something that I noticed after switching from my Eye 2s.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 60.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

When I do my Mizuno test, this is what I'm going to focus on as well. I'm playing my first forged iron currently, so I'm especially interested to see if #nothingfeelslikeamizuno is true, or just a marketing thing. My Vapor Combos are pretty damn buttery when I pure them, and when I don't, I always know from the feedback the face provides. It's definitely something that I noticed after switching from my Eye 2s.

FYI, its true  :D

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

FYI, its true  :D

Went to a fitting today for my JPX 900 and the demo heads I hit, felt pretty darn good for a non forged club.  

• Like 5

Spend time on MGS and show the leaders you are serious about staying around.  Ask your self,,,, if I were the owner of this site, would I pick someone who does not take the time to put an avatar up,  would they do me right?    We don't bite and as a matter of fact, there may be some pretty awesome offerings for the remainder of 2017!

• Like 9

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56  
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

The reviews I've seen so far in this site have been really well done. I also believe this site is continuing to grow and evolve. Keep up the good work work.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list