Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Testers Party

Eseay32

Saw the testers party on IG. Man that looked like a blast!!

I want the scoop!

Just for locals?

Just for testers?

But seriously it looked like everyone was having such a good time. Would love a rundown of the nights events and the games!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

It's a thank you party for all the testers that participated in the Most Wanted testing at HQ throughout the year.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Ahhh so just locals. The ole lucky locals

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

What do you want to know?  It was a great time and very generous of Adam and the MGS team to give us a party.    I treated it like my birthday party 🙂   

Was food from a local BBQ restaurant,  adult and non adult beverages, goodie bags, Adam showing Harry and Sam that he is the long drive king, gambling and an evening ending auction for golf equipment.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 hours ago, Eseay32 said:

Saw the testers party on IG. Man that looked like a blast!!

What did you see in IG?  Tried to look for pictures,  lots were being taken.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Looked like a blast and beyond awesome of mgs to do this. You don’t see this anywhere else 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

What did you see in IG?  Tried to look for pictures,  lots were being taken.  

It was mostly just their live story/video. THe were live during pretty much the entire auction and then a little bit with the card games.

That’s just what I watched. There may have been even more

Looked like a blast and beyond awesome of mgs to do this. You don’t see this anywhere else 

You mean a site owner showing appreciation for those that do hard work. No you don't. Adam is by far and away tops in that category.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You mean a site owner showing appreciation for those that do hard work. No you don't. Adam is by far and away tops in that category.

This sounds awesome- get the pics up for the rest of us to enjoy....please😃

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

28 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Bingo. The hard work and dedication the testers gave and the time and effort to compile that data shows how good the site is and the desire to get data to the readers to make informed decisions. A little thank you goes a long way

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Bingo. The hard work and dedication the testers gave and the time and effort to compile that data shows how good the site is and the desire to get data to the readers to make informed decisions. A little thank you goes a long way

Publishing test results after the work has been put in. Imagine someone actually doing that 🤪

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

17 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Publishing test results after the work has been put in. Imagine someone actually doing that 🤪

Never easy to do but when everyone participates equally and no agenda other than showing the data it becomes easier

5 hours ago, Eseay32 said:

It was mostly just their live story/video. THe were live during pretty much the entire auction and then a little bit with the card games.

That’s just what I watched. There may have been even more

I wish I could have seen the live story and I wish I could have won more money to bid on more stuff.   🙂

I wish I could have seen the live story and I wish I could have won more money to bid on more stuff.   

So how did you win/not win money? Just card games and such? Just interested in all the events. So cool you attended

41 minutes ago, Eseay32 said:

So how did you win/not win money? Just card games and such? Just interested in all the events. So cool you attended

everyone was given $1000  to start.  Could earn $100 by picking long drive winner between Adam, Harry, and Sam.  Could play blackjack or roulette,  closest to pin contest (3 shots for free, $50 for 3 more), long drive contest (under 55 and over 55 division, 3 shots free, $50 for 3 more), and picking numbered golf balls from a swimming pool using a ball retriever at about 15 feet ($50 to play and you could win nothing, lose money, win money, or win headcovers and golf balls).   Sam and Harry were also giving away some money;  I got money from them because it was my birthday.    The money you accumulated through the night was what you used during the auction.   

Adam won the long drive contest and I had picked Sam.   

It sounds like a great time and some very creative activities!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

How long of a drive did the over/under 55 winners hit?

ill guess...

ummmm......    327 for under, and 288 for over....

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

How long of a drive did the over/under 55 winners hit?
ill guess...
ummmm......    327 for under, and 288 for over....

I didn’t beat the high so I didn’t pay a lot of attention. It was at 294 when I took my swings. I did hit 111 swing speed but bad contact left me short. I think the final was in the 314 range. They did do top 3 finishers and unless you bought additional shots there wasn’t any practice attempts so you basically hit cold.

Closest to hole was about a foot.

Like others have stated, I think it is great that Adam and MGS management showed their appreciation for the efforts of the testers.   Being rather uneducated about golf equipment, I, personally, want to take this opportunity to thank the testers for their efforts to provide an unbiased educational source for me.   I also would like to thank Adam and MGS management for this friendly, underscore friendly, site where we can have impromptu parties of sorts with our fellow spies.   I know I have had some 19th hole parties with a handful of spies and have totally enjoyed them and am grateful for them.   I must admit when an OEM advertises as a MGS most wanted and the wife asks--isn't that where you talk to your buddies, it really feels good to say-yep, that's where my buds are.  I then know even with my limited knowledge and abilities, I am part of something special.

I was trying to bid on the IG live story with some monopoly money but alas, my currency wasn't accepted. *sigh*

I've never wanted to leave the great state of Texas, but I'd move to NPN, Va just for the tester experience. And yes, I know as a lefty there isn't much for us to test, but when they start up the Most Wanted Lefty Wedge or Lefty Mallet Putter or Lefty Driver, I want to be first in line. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

everyone was given $1000  to start.  Could earn $100 by picking long drive winner between Adam, Harry, and Sam.  Could play blackjack or roulette,  closest to pin contest (3 shots for free, $50 for 3 more), long drive contest (under 55 and over 55 division, 3 shots free, $50 for 3 more), and picking numbered golf balls from a swimming pool using a ball retriever at about 15 feet ($50 to play and you could win nothing, lose money, win money, or win headcovers and golf balls).   Sam and Harry were also giving away some money;  I got money from them because it was my birthday.    The money you accumulated through the night was what you used during the auction.   

Adam won the long drive contest and I had picked Sam.   

Such an awesome idea. I did see a bunch of the fake money and thought it might be something that. Didnt know it was an auction at the end though. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Such an awesome idea. I did see a bunch of the fake money and thought it might be something that. Didnt know it was an auction at the end though. 

The bidding was hot and heavy, especially at the end when the items were running out and people weren’t able to spend all their money. I still had $200 at the end, but nothing was going for that low of a price. Was funny when a Ping towel went for more than a MGS towel. I could be wrong but It seemed like anyone that had money for the auction was able to get an item or two...although It may not have been your top pick. 8.5 and 11 were the lucky shoe sizes.

What do you want to know?  It was a great time and very generous of Adam and the MGS team to give us a party.    I treated it like my birthday party    
Was food from a local BBQ restaurant,  adult and non adult beverages, goodie bags, Adam showing Harry and Sam that he is the long drive king, gambling and an evening ending auction for golf equipment.  

Sounds like a great time. Thanks to all our testers. One of those gigs that sounds like fun and yet I’m sure becomes a chore at times!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived