Wedgie

Can golf shoes impact scoring?

Our Sponsors

Oklahoma A&M? Just kidding (Boomer!). Back to our regularly scheduled program, sorry for the hijack.

My feet are jacked up with arthritis, I wear adidas that don’t put any pressure on my big toe.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

On 1/20/2020 at 9:45 PM, pgfree33 said:

If you’re a walker/rider like I am, and want traction without giving up strokes, consider Trail Running shoes and you might just be surprised at how comfortable and grippy they are without the feeling of sloping one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@pgfree33 - Any recommendations?  I'd love to try out a pair, but I have no idea what to buy.

I don’t believe so as long as grip is adequate you’re fine. Having said that it seems a few companies no ones ever heard of have claimed massive distance gains with their shoe. I’m not believing the hype. I’d say if you have enough grip and aren’t slipping all over the differences are negated. Cleated shoes feel like I’m tearing acl’s or something lol. The zero drop shoes with nubs are my choice of shoes like crocs golf, sketchers, Ecco, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried wearing turf shoes for a round? I was looking around and noticed that none of the current offerings for golf spikes really peak my interests(at least in the price range I'm looking at). I have noticed though that there are some cool looking turf shoes (UA Harper Turf to be exact) and was curious if anybody has any thoughts, comments, or experience using them for golf?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It does affect scoring. When my old shoe split open while running I was quite depressed because I was already comfortable wearing it but when I bought a new nike I noticed that my score has been improving. I guess I was wearing the wrong shoes for 4 years. 

Edited by luzcarter