Sign in to follow this  
RH716

off-the-rack club shaft change

Our Sponsors

Some background info - I've been trying to buy a new Taylormade M4 driver. I have been gaming the same R1 Black driver for over 6 years now and it's time for an upgrade. Been waiting for the deals on the M4, but now it's almost impossible to find one in 10.5 deg with a stiff shaft. I can however buy the 10.5 with a senior shaft. My question is, would it be fine to just pick up a shaft of my choice and switch out the senior flex shaft with no negative effects? Are the clubheads setup for certain shafts? I don't think they are, but I also don't want to find out the hard way.

• Like 1

You will be fine switching out the shafts. The club head is the same whether the shaft is senior flex or x-stiff flex. The only differences between a stock m4 10.5* club with a senior flex shaft and a stock m4 10.5* club with an x-stiff flex shaft is manufacturing tolerances.

I actually have found that when looking for a new driver, deals can be had by looking at the weaker flex shafts and changing them out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Thanks. That's what I thought, but would hate to find out I was wrong after spending the $$. This way I can get the right shaft for me.

• Like 2

Yeah, with the adjustable hosels, you can change shafts easily. I've been doing just this for years now.

BT