Our Sponsors

I know I shouldn't like this, and we've done a good job discouraging this kind of thing now, but...
The epic "Enter to win a 2018 Odyssey O-Works Putter" thread provided me far more enjoyment than it should have.

Lol I just enjoyed reading a lot of that. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I know I shouldn't like this, and we've done a good job discouraging this kind of thing now, but...

The epic "Enter to win a 2018 Odyssey O-Works Putter" thread provided me far more enjoyment than it should have.

I debated posting that one.  But it was just soooo good it's ok to go against our pledge to be helpful and not mock entries.   

At the time, it brought me soooo many smiles. 

• Like 5

I'm partial to the "What have you bought lately?" and "How'd you play?" threads. A lot of the same regulars in there. And, while I won't name names, there are a few particular members who seem to always say they're not in the market for anything, only to come back about a page later with some new gear to post about... 😂

The SuperSpeed thread is great, as is @GolfSpy MPR's road to single digits thread. It was the inspiration for my own thread of a similar goal.

I've noticed more than few threads being brought back from the dead lately. Always makes me chuckle when there's a new response on a thread that's five or more years old.

• Like 9

That was a fun read and I'm glad you shared that. Also, does anyone have a link to MPB's intro? You have me curious.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That was a fun read and I'm glad you shared that. Also, does anyone have a link to MPB's intro? You have me curious.

I’ll see if I can dig it up for you.  Make sure you are seated for it 

• Like 1

That has to be the best introduction ever! I saw manbearpig in the Distinguished Gentlemen thread and just didn't put it together. Smart, chunks, smart.

Thank you for digging that up for me to read!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I'm quite partial to the Cobra Connect threads and the win an Odyssey putter thread is always good for a laugh

• Like 5

How have I missed the Odyssey putter thread, that was ridiculous.   Has a winner been announced yet? 🤣

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

How have I missed the Odyssey putter thread, that was ridiculous.   Has a winner been announced yet? 🤣

Pretty sure you can still enter if you hurry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

How have I missed the Odyssey putter thread, that was ridiculous.   Has a winner been announced yet?
I don't think anyone has come up with the winning combination of routing number, bank account information, SSN, and proof they are a Nigerian Prince yet. Sounds like a pretty good deal to win a 2018 Odyssey putter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just like @HardcoreLooper, I love the Cobra Connect II challenge.. that was and still might be the biggest thread.. it was by far the most fun for me, right up unitl @fozcycle pulled out an epic win.. @MDGolfHacker, @Joyzee10, Foz and Hardcore were amazing to go up against and great people.. 

• Like 4

I've been around here for a long, long time - forum wise - I remember when MBP made his first appearance - it was during our Tour Staff Contest - he wrote a paragraph about being a Yeti Hunter that was an absolute riot.  Sadly or in my case gladly the contest had nothing really to do with the quality of our submissions and everything to do with our ability to drum up support on facebook - I had over 1,000 facebook friends at the time - we had someone who was a lurker who had more - he and I finished first and second but Dan's was far and away the best entry.

I started a thread called, "Which club would you use" about having my golf bag by my bed side table when hearing what I thought was someone breaking into my house - that one had some serious legs and hysterical replies in it.  The idea was which club you would grab to defend yourself with.  I went of SW.  We've had lots of great informational threads (any time T would way in was the best) as well as too many fun ones to really even begin to name this one or that one the best.

• Like 8

DawgDaddy has dipped into quite a few pockets with his "Deal of the Day" thread!😉

• Like 7

16 hours ago, ole gray said:

DawgDaddy has dipped into quite a few pockets with his "Deal of the Day" thread!😉

Wouldn't it be great if there was data showing how many purchases were made due to @DawgDaddy's posting in that thread?

• Like 5

I enjoyed reading the 'range trolls' thread.... 😆

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, palvord said:

Wouldn't it be great if there was data showing how many purchases were made due to @DawgDaddy's posting in that thread?

I could take my wife and dogs to Hawaii for a nice vacation from the money spent! 😁

• Like 2

Cannot believe nobody mentioned pics from the course....I know it's been replaced by the gallery but you guys play at some awesome golf courses.

• Like 2

I enjoyed reading the 'range trolls' thread.... 

OMG I forgot about this. Range trolls are the gift that keeps giving.
  • Like 3