Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

On 7/4/2022 at 12:58 AM, chisag said:

... You don't need any gas for your ZIP. Maybe it's time for an electric Ford Lightening 150. 😉

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/

Remember and you have been around the Carolinas some----- Us Carolina Boys and Georgia Boys know how to make some stuff not only good for drinking but will work in a internal combustion engine. But if you are using it for fuel you do have to cut back on the sugar some because it will cause carbon build up. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

43 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

But if you are using it for fuel you do have to cut back on the sugar some because it will cause carbon build up. 

Making your own homebrew fuel makes me think of the phrase "The only difference between science and screwing around, is writing it down" 🤣

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

I know it's a few months off an in a different spot than mainland Asia, but I'm going to be intrigued to see if LIV will have to move the Early October event from Bangkok on the schedule after the PGA and LPGA cancelled their stops in China for the end of October.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

3 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Making your own homebrew fuel makes me think of the phrase "The only difference between science and screwing around, is writing it down" 🤣

I know some other fuel mixes besides Moonshine but they are expensive to make. That is from my racing days. A gallon of racing gas has only like 1 quart of gasoline as we know it. The rest is different chemicals. These days most tracks have a spec fuel that has certain markers when checked.

Now I can run an older vehicle off of alcohol or racing gas as long as I can do some Carb mods and timing mods. To be honest on these computer controlled fueled injected cars I do not know. Old School fuel injected cars I know how to adjust the flow with alcohol on them too.

Yeah back in my racing days I was known as a fuel mixer. Right before I quit the tracks were going to spec fuel. That and tire specs and even shock specs were coming in. My last year even though my 'home" track was across the street from me I towed 25 miles to another track wher no one cared what you mixed for fuel or what tires you ran. It was basically run what you brung which suited me fine

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

I know it's a few months off an in a different spot than mainland Asia, but I'm going to be intrigued to see if LIV will have to move the Early October event from Bangkok on the schedule after the PGA and LPGA cancelled their stops in China for the end of October.

Could be.  I haven't stayed current on the pandemic issues in China but your post prompted me to look up "the why"... sure enough, still a significant issue there.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

8 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Could be.  I haven't stayed current on the pandemic issues in China but your post prompted me to look up "the why"... sure enough, still a significant issue there.  

Wonder where they'd shift the event to, maybe JoBurg with the high South African contingent? Honestly surprised they weren't on the list to start to be fair.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I’m with the PGA Tour guys being tired of the LIV golfers wanting their cake and eating it too. Look, you went to another Tour, now shut-up and go away! The fact that they’re suing to have access to PGA and DP Tour events is ridiculous!!!! You wanted the money, “less events”, etc, so GO AWAY!!! Whiny, spoiled rich guys.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

18 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Assuming what comes out of China in the news is trustworthy, which most of the time it’s not 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I did the same. Seems they have already cancelled the HSBC event for this year

G

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Wonder where they'd shift the event to, maybe JoBurg with the high South African contingent? Honestly surprised they weren't on the list to start to be fair.

Yeah, that would be a logical choice.  One cool thing is that the events will likely take place at courses around the globe that many of us have rarely seen or know exist. 

6 hours ago, PMookie said:

I’m with the PGA Tour guys being tired of the LIV golfers wanting their cake and eating it too. Look, you went to another Tour, now shut-up and go away! The fact that they’re suing to have access to PGA and DP Tour events is ridiculous!!!! You wanted the money, “less events”, etc, so GO AWAY!!! Whiny, spoiled rich guys.

Not sure that the PGA did the right or the wrong thing in its response to LIV. But the players that went to LIV left the tour because the tour told them they had to choose.   for the most part LIV scheduled its events opposite normally bland PGA events. Trying to give pros something to do on weeks they normally took off.

I don't think any of these players would have quit either the PGA or DP tours if those tours hadn't issued ultimatums.

The ultimatums probably led to the huge LIV signing bonuses to get players to come knowing that the choice would result in loss of tour status. And those huge offers probably got more players then would have played otherwise.  But who knows. 

The broadcasts are pretty good. the announcers need to learn that pros hitting into the sand isn't the 3 shot penalty they make it sound like, and not to say that every shot is the best ever.  The Ryder Cup comp was hilariously bad.  But,  the product is good and I've been surprised at how interested in the teams as I have been while watching.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

41 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

Not sure that the PGA did the right or the wrong thing in its response to LIV. But the players that went to LIV left the tour because the tour told them they had to choose.   for the most part LIV scheduled its events opposite normally bland PGA events. Trying to give pros something to do on weeks they normally took off.

I don't think any of these players would have quit either the PGA or DP tours if those tours hadn't issued ultimatums.

The ultimatums probably led to the huge LIV signing bonuses to get players to come knowing that the choice would result in loss of tour status. And those huge offers probably got more players then would have played otherwise.  But who knows. 

The broadcasts are pretty good. the announcers need to learn that pros hitting into the sand isn't the 3 shot penalty they make it sound like, and not to say that every shot is the best ever.  The Ryder Cup comp was hilariously bad.  But,  the product is good and I've been surprised at how interested in the teams as I have been while watching.

And the one thing I'm learning about multi-millionaires is that they do not like ultimatums 🤣.  

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

And the one thing I'm learning about multi-millionaires is that they do not like ultimatums 🤣.  

I'm a multi-hundredaire and I don't like them either 🤣

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

5 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I'm a multi-hundredaire and I don't like them either 🤣

You be rich! 😬

Well, richer than me...

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, Thin2win said:

The huge signing bonus part of their plan from the beginning and had nothing to do with the “ultimatums” that came from the PGA. Btw they aren’t really ultimatums when the players who opted to be members of the PGA tour knew the rules and consequences long before the LIV tour was a thing. 

The players want their cake and eat it too. Most of the ones who jumped ship were going to do it anyways, some of them delayed it because of Phil’s rants. Pretty much everyone who said they were committed to the PGA after that have no jumped ship

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

12 hours ago, Thin2win said:

If you continue that line of thought, by not requiring players to choose and let them jump between LIV and PGA tournaments as they wish with no repercussions, way more if not almost all PGA players would be playing some/all LIV events for the money - and skipping more PGA tournaments. That exacerbates the erosion of non-major PGA events and their financials with it. So the PGA has to do something to try to protect their turf so to speak, just letting LIV and players have their cake and eat it too isn't in their best interests.

If LIV didn't have massive outsized $ resources, a competitive tour wouldn't be a real threat to the PGA. If LIV remains for several years, and there's no reason to think they can't, it will (substantially) change professional golf no matter what the PGA does to defend themselves. Sad situation.

If you want to be mad at someone, this wouldn't have happened without Greg and Phil, two of the richest but bitter sports multi-millionaires - obnoxious greed indeed. Period.

Again, a lot hinges on what majors do, what sponsors/endorsements do, what OWGR does, and if the Saudis continue support (if somehow the sports washing backfires they won't)...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

41 minutes ago, Middler said:

If you continue that line of thought, by not requiring players to choose and let them jump between LIV and PGA tournaments as they wish with no repercussions, way more if not almost all PGA players would be playing some/all LIV events for the money - and skipping more PGA tournaments. That exacerbates the erosion of non-major PGA events and their financials with it. So the PGA has to do something to try to protect their turf so to speak, just letting LIV and players have their cake and eat it too isn't in their best interests.

This is the part I think so many are missing out on. It’s a business protecting their business which any business would do. It’s why in some areas there’s things like no compete clauses, conflict of interests requirements for working side gigs and so on

just to chime in with my thoughts after reading many of the posts , after 8yrs 2m 10d active military ( plus 2yrs active reserves , plus active national guard ) , i gave it all up for better job , more money , less travel , more time with family , i am not a ***** like some people here would say .

i agree the pga is trying to protect their own interest ( top 12 employes  avg $1.7 mil/yr ) , i agree with phil m. the saudia's are a bunch of cmf's , what he said about the pga i don't know , he knows a lot more about them than i do

i do think that if phil m. ( pga lifetime member 20 tour wins , 15 yr member ) thied to play a pga tour event and they refused him it would go to court and phil would wiin .

next 2 jumpers to liv tour may be flower and bubba i think .

its just a game

52 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

just to chime in with my thoughts after reading many of the posts , after 8yrs 2m 10d active military ( plus 2yrs active reserves , plus active national guard ) , i gave it all up for better job , more money , less travel , more time with family , i am not a ***** like some people here would say .

i agree the pga is trying to protect their own interest ( top 12 employes  avg $1.7 mil/yr ) , i agree with phil m. the saudia's are a bunch of cmf's , what he said about the pga i don't know , he knows a lot more about them than i do

i do think that if phil m. ( pga lifetime member 20 tour wins , 15 yr member ) thied to play a pga tour event and they refused him it would go to court and phil would wiin .

next 2 jumpers to liv tour may be flower and bubba i think .

its just a game

Thank you for your service Sir 🇺🇸

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

1 hour ago, shootmyage said:

do think that if phil m. ( pga lifetime member 20 tour wins , 15 yr member ) thied to play a pga tour event and they refused him it would go to court and phil would wiin .

He’s already refused from playing as is all the other LIv tour players. They are currently suspended from any PGA tour event. None of tried to challenge it in court yet in the US. Only legal battles that we know of is the recent one with the DP Tour and there was a stay put on the suspension. 

I doubt we see a legal challenge until the majors block the players from participating which won’t happen until at least The Masters next year since they are all allowed to play in The Open this year and it’s the last major.

Maybe they legally challenge something  for the presidents cup in sept. 

been watching mickelson for more than 30yrs as has others , we all know he  is a big time gambler on the course and off , he will not let the pga kick him around , he will kick back , his only way is thru the courts . i doubt if the 250 ( ? ) voting members of the pga voted to not let him play , it was just the people at the top , to mickelson this is just another gamble . i would add the key words are  --lifetime member -- , that's what a judge would look at .

Edited by shootmyage

1 hour ago, shootmyage said:

been watching mickelson for more than 30yrs as has others , we all know he  is a big time gambler on the course and off , he will not let the pga kick him around , he will kick back , his only way is thru the courts . i doubt if the 250 ( ? ) voting members of the pga voted to not let him play , it was just the people at the top , to mickelson this is just another gamble . i would add the key words are  --lifetime member -- , that's what a judge would look at .

Lifetime member or not he still has to abide by the rules. They rules state he has to get exemption to play in an opposing event tournament. He was denied that exemption and thus was suspended let the rules. A two year exempt member, a 5 year exempt member or lifetime member you are still a member and still have to fulfill the requirements of that membership.

The lifetime member means they can’t lose status on the tour and gives them exemption from some of the strength of field requirements to play on certain events or play 25 times if they don’t add the events. It doesn’t exempt them from the rules 

A judge will/should look at all things and that will include the membership agreement that each player is signed to and not just the things that are in the favor of the golfer

Looks like Ian Poulter will be able to spend more time with his family this weekend.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

On 7/6/2022 at 9:38 PM, Thin2win said:

They didn’t have to go to the LIV. “Free will”, and they knew there would be consequences. Now they’re just whining when they KNEW what could happen did happen. They made their choice on their own, time for them to go away and enjoy their new tour…

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

12 hours ago, bens197 said:

Looks like Ian Poulter will be able to spend more time with his family this weekend.

Karmas a ******. 😆

It would seem LIV players who can’t be cut and don’t compete as often, risk having their games deteriorate so they won’t be the best in the world in the long run - unless they’re VERY disciplined between events. Sort of like choosing to be put out to pasture. We’ll see in tournaments they’re able to compete against PGA, DP and other players.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I know this is a touchy subject, but I have to be honest.    I am on the side of I think the PGA erred, and is erring badly  in its ultimatum wielding.  I get it I'm older, so many of the guys who moved to he LIV are players I went through my 20's - 40's watching on the PGA and European Tours( Poulter, Oosthuisen, Sergio, and some younger players have caught my attention recently, Johnson, Dechambeau.

I understand all the arguments about the "rules of the pga", and the players agreed to "the rules".  I turned on the John Deere last week, and maybe it is normally an event big names don't play in, I can't remember last years, and don't care to look, but if the PGA expects that I'm going to tune in and watch J.T. Poston and a bunch of other guys I've never heard of and don't care about battle to win a PGA event then they have badly misjudged.  The PGA can stick to its "lifetime ban" of those players, but I'm not tuning in to watch J.T. Poston any time soon.

I think the PGA need to consider reducing the number of their tournaments, make prize money much bigger in fewer events, and hopefully realize that on the whole people generally  watch to see individual players, not run of the mill events with people nobody has heard of.  I hope the PGA knows what it is doing.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

5 hours ago, Middler said:

It would seem LIV players who can’t be cut and don’t compete as often, risk having their games deteriorate so they won’t be the best in the world in the long run - unless they’re VERY disciplined between events. Sort of like choosing to be put out to pasture. We’ll see in tournaments they’re able to compete against PGA, DP and other players.

LIV won't die but it will never takeover professional golf because of this. NLU went way in depth with OWGR points. The TLDR from them is that OWGR has previously asked tours to meet their standards in the past and didn't award points until changes were met. Application review time is not defined. If it takes 12-18 months to review, essentially all of the LIV guys will be out of majors unless they won one. Even then, they get 10 years to lifetime exemption for that one major but only 5 years for the others. That time is close to running out for most of the LIV guys.

Even if the other tours drop their ban, these guys will still have to play a full schedule to get the points they need so there goes the reasoning for shortened schedule. 

If OWGR points are given to LIV, I think you will see LIV players level of play drop dramatically. Why grind on the final day if you're not going to win. Shoot an 80 like Pat Perez and celebrate. Then get absolutely wiped in the majors or elevated events. 

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

Tiger was number 14 in the world 2 years ago; today he is 943 in the world because of not playing much (and not getting many OWGR points). In the events he's played in the 2 year time period he's made a bunch of cuts too.

Gooch - see ya! We may not see him in any major in future years unless he local (LOCAL!) qualifies for US Open or grinds in his off weeks on the Asian tour, which seems like a blast!

41 minutes ago, sglj3 said:

Living in Portland I chose to volunteer at the event. Here are some of my takeaways.

1. It was great to see some great golfers we all know up close and personal. Getting to see their tee shots on a 492 par four that plays as a par 5 for everyday golf was incredible. Seeing a couple young unknown (to me) golfers out drive Bryson was also pretty cool (although Bryson used a fairway wood)image.gif.395238f1e3ca2bd56bba4410b9f2dda7.gifimage.gif.096d7213a25a85a43d12f00edc1d274f.gif
  2. Having not been to a PGA event before I do not have a comparison from an energy level but the people that passed by following the marquee seemed to have ample energy. By Saturday the course was pretty well packed. The following of the groupings of lesser known golfers was definitely small to almost non-existent to which I am not sure if that is the same in a PGA event where almost all of them are well known.
  3. FREE to volunteer - so while talking to other volunteers many talked about spending $80 - $300 to volunteer, LIV was free. While you may not get as much swag as a PGA or other event I feel that volunteers shouldn't have to pay, I am sure the PGA makes enough from gate fees and the such that they can afford to provide the volunteers with gear. They also provided breakfast and lunch each day and plenty of water and Gatorade. Plus if you volunteer for at least 3 shifts you get a free round of golf at the course - presently summer rates being $112-138 this is a nice perk!
  4. SLOW and boring at times - so this was a drawback for me somewhat. Given the shotgun start with 16 groupings there are two gaps due to holes not having groups on them. Then there also seemed to be at least one other gap throughout the day at a random time of up to twenty minutes. So for the marshals working there were definitely times where there was nothing to do.

Overall, it was a good experience, being inside the ropes was exciting for me! I would recommend doing it at your course if they come to you and it remains free to volunteer.

Let me know if you have any other questions and play well this weekend.

Not sure if you were able to see this, but what was it like to watch someone finish on hole other than the 18th?