Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What’s Your Go To Golf Tee?

Middler

What Type Golf Tee Do You Use Most?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. What Type Golf Tee Do You Use Most?

• Wood (not bamboo)
    • Bamboo (or other more biodegradable)
    • Plastic or other polymer
    • Other (brush, anti slice, etc.)

I use my own custom made 2 3/4" tees that I turn on my lathe out of Cherry, Walnut  and Mahogany. They hold the ball above the ground at a precise height, every time.😬

Usually, I just buy a bag of 300 tees made of whatever wood they are, for $5 bucks, and call it a season. Sometimes, I wonder how anyone finds this kind of thing all that interesting... or worth talking about?

I use 2.75" Martini tees only because the one that I found last year lasted me forever until lost.

But they're only for driver, for woods/hydrids/irons, I use Izzo 1.5" plastic tees. Using the same one of those for multiple rounds now. I put one & one in the pocket pre-round and 90% of the time, finish with same.

I'm a martini tee guy. I like the ones that have a shoulder that goes to the ground so you always get the same height and the wide top makes it easy to place the ball. I started using these several years ago when I was having a lot of back problems. I really hated to have to bend over to replace a ball that had fallen off the tee. Also, here in SW Minnesota the wind is always blowing so it's nice that the wind doesn't knock the ball off the tee as easily as the typical wooden tee. I seem to like the yellow Martini tees the best. They're easier to find when they come unstuck from the ground after a shot. I ended up having to purchase some regular Martini tees (without the shoulder) last winter. I couldn't put the ones with the shoulder far enough into the surface of the synthetic turf I use for my golf simulator.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:18 PM, silver & black said:

I use my own custom made 2 3/4" tees that I turn on my lathe out of Cherry, Walnut  and Mahogany. They hold the ball above the ground at a precise height, every time.😬

Usually, I just buy a bag of 300 tees made of whatever wood they are, for $5 bucks, and call it a season. Sometimes, I wonder how anyone finds this kind of thing all that interesting... or worth talking about?

And yet you posted?

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I use brown or natural wood tees and buy them in bulk on the internet. Don't like white tees as they leave marks on the clubs. I keep the broken ones to use on the par threes. 

• Driver _ Ping G400 Max
  • Woods _ Ping G410 3 & 5 | Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 7
  • Hybrid _ Titleist 818 H1 5 
  • Irons _ Titleist T300 6-GW
  • Wedges _ Titleist SM9 52F & 56S
  • Putter _ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Distance _ Bushnell Phantom 2 GPS | Precision Pro NX7 Pro
  • Ball _ Titleist Pro V1 yellow
  • GHIN _ HCP floats between 8 & 12

:ping-small:  :cleveland-small: :titelist-small:  :vokey-small:   :odyssey-small:  :rife-putters-1:  :918457628_PrecisionPro:  :sunmountain: :Clicgear:   :footjoy-small:  

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 1:18 AM, silver & black said:

I've always had this thought. I think I have some spare cherry somewhere ...

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

I went martini-tees last year and have loved it - I've broken a few, but still have so. many. left.  However, because I'm a magpie, I just went and bought the Flex-Head (three driver tees and one wood/hybrid tee) - love the idea of indestructible, and now that I've got the same-height-every-time thing going on, I don't see myself going backwards.  For irons off the tee, I'll either use a broken tee or just knock up a little bit of earth with the iron and put the ball up on that. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

I went martini-tees last year and have loved it - I've broken a few, but still have so. many. left.  However, because I'm a magpie, I just went and bought the Flex-Head (three driver tees and one wood/hybrid tee) - love the idea of indestructible, and now that I've got the same-height-every-time thing going on, I don't see myself going backwards.  For irons off the tee, I'll either use a broken tee or just knock up a little bit of earth with the iron and put the ball up on that. 

Finally someone else who will actually use these tees. I've been using them for what seems like forever. For irons I just use the Pride mini tee.

91m23kSxDAL._AC_SX679_.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Finally someone else who will actually use these tees. I've been using them for what seems like forever. For irons I just use the Pride mini tee.

91m23kSxDAL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I rarely break a tee and I find several on the range when warming up.  Our tee boxes on par 4 and 5 are littered with broken tees, so the hole before a par 3 I pick up a broken one.  Haven't bought tees... maybe since I started playing golf.  I have bags of them in my garage where I put my excess tees when I clean out my bag before traveling.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have been using the Western Birch hardwood tees. I’d say unless I lift it out off the drive and can’t find it, I’m usually 1-2 tees/round. One might crack after a few drives which then I’ll break it off and use it for par 3s. Usually I just look for broken tees on the Par 3s to use. But overall they are very durable and last. 

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Martini tees for years. If I'm hitting Driver, it's always going to be teed up with a Martini tee. Any other club on the tee box I'll grab a wooden or a no name plastic tee out of the bag or look around the tee box for a broken one.  I usually play a minimum of 100-105 games /year and I can sometimes go 2 years without breaking a Martini. They are resilient.

Taylormade SIM MAX 12* Driver

Callaway Great Big Bertha Hawkeye 3, 5 and 7 woods

Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 7 wood

Mizuno JPX-923 Hot Metal, High Launch irons, 6-PW, GW

Taylormade Milled Grind SW, 54*

Cleveland RTX-3, 60* LW

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6 Centre Shaft Putter

I am using a 4" wooden tee this year.  I have used 3 1/4" Plastic tees for the past several years, but late last year I found a 4" tee on the teebox during a practice round.  I told my wife that it looked rediculous so of course I had to try it.  I have always struggled to get good launch angles consistently with my driver, but with these tees I am hitting trajectories that I didn't think were possible for me.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Still burning through my MGS wooden tees. The things last forever which is great. Red makes them easy to spot and just in general are a sharp looking tee. Have had a few comments on how nice they are... Seriously. Funny to get comments about tees, but I guess be a departure from plain white and such makes sense. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

https://tinyurl.com/4xvf7wut

TeeTech DS8 Flex Golf Tee (4 Pack)TeeTech DS8 Flex Golf Tee (4 Pack)

I work for them so yeah, I'm a little biased. Everyone I've given them to other players on the GC and they love 'em. But then again who don't like free? 🙂

I like that I get the same tee height every time and I have yet to break one of these. 

Edited by ckeller52
-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         Srixon ZX5 5-AW fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts
WEDGE's     Vokey SM9 54* 14 Fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts and A 60* Jean Carlo Golf Wedge (Amazon)
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
3 WOOD     GX-7 14°
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER      L.A.B Link1 33"
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S70 and a Bushnell V3 (no slope)
And a Full Swing Kit launch monitor for the three times a week or so when I practice. 

I prefer to use wood or bamboo, not for environmental reasons, for golf reasons. However, I have 4 gallon size ziplock bags full of tees I have found on the courses. I have not bought a tee in over 6 years. I walk a lot and so I tend to see all the tees people are too lazy to pick up or find.  

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSR 3

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSR 3

5 Wood:titelist-small: TSR 3

4-PW:  :titelist-small: T100s Blackout

Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SW, GW

Putter:  :titelist-small: Scotty Newport 2.5 

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X

Bag:  :titelist-small: Cart 14

I cant ever remember buying tees, too many laying around to pick up as I need them.  The wife uses martini tees.  She tied a piece of string around the stem to make it easier to find since they never seem to break.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

For my driver I use consistent tees, which are biodegradable. As to my fairway woods and irons, continue to use all the wooden tees I have amassed over the years. 

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

Regular cheap white wood tees for me.  I mark the height I want in sharpie of about 5 tees when I start the round and throw them in my pocket and hardly ever need to go back for any more

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

I received a pack of recycled plastic tees with a rubber head from Amazon just over a year ago and they have become my go to.  I've gotten as many as seven rounds out of a single tee and they usually die when the rubber top finally flies off somewhere.  (Normally if you can find it, it will pop right back on).  

I don't think it's making my game any better even though I had my best season in years last year.  But being able to reuse a product over and over and over again seems to be a bit more Earth friendly.

Edited by NoRebound

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I love Martini Tees.  They last a long time and I hit the ball more consistently with them.  I also use Pride 1 1/2" for Par 3's.

PXG 0211 Driver 10.5, with graphite senior shaft

PXG 0211 3W, 5W and 7W, with graphite senior shaft

Cobra F-Max Hybrid set 6,5,4 Hybrids, 7,8,9,PW,GW, graphite senior shaft (I'm old)

C3i 59 degree Sand Wedge, steel shaft

Odyssey DFX Double Wide 33" putter

Edited by Jackbus75

I'm 72 years old and I enjoy playing golf at least once a week.

PXG 0211 Driver 10.5, with graphite senior shaft

PXG 0211 3W, 5W and 7W, with graphite senior shaft

Cobra F-Max Hybrid set 6,5,4 Hybrids, 7,8,9,PW,GW, graphite senior shaft (I'm old)

C3i 59 degree Sand Wedge, steel shaft

Odyssey DFX Double Wide 33" putter