Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf pants

JerryB

1 hour ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Sugar and salt are the keys to success for me.  the more refined sugar and added salt I can eliminate, the less I crave, which really they key for me.  Having said that... my holidays were filled with sugar and salt.  😕

As far as pants fit are concerned... That pic of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum strike pretty close to home for me... haha.  No matter how much weight I lose (~140 lb since 2017) I have that "front butt" below my belt line.  haha.  That is my penance for 40 years of self abuse with food.

I have never really had a sweet tooth, but I did indulge on holidays and birthdays.  I love salt, and that is likely responsible for fluctuations in my weight on a daily basis.  While I don't count carbs, I try to reduce them as much as possible.  I did the Atkins for awhile and did lose weight years ago, but my wife stuck a loaf of French bread under my nose one day and said eat this before you kill somebody.  😂  Many, many years ago when I was in my early 30's I was quite successful with Weight Watchers, and I got back to my H.S. graduation weight; couldn't maintain it though.  Now I am within 15 lbs of that weight.  Don't know if I can get there, and I don't really care if I do.  I feel like I can maintain this weight with the lifestyle change I made.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 12/30/2022 at 10:22 AM, Kenny B said:

I'm not really a "tailored" kind of golfer since I don't play country clubs.  I also hate the look of some of the pants that I see on the DP World Tour events from some European pros.  I don't think the tapered lags look good on them, and I know they wouldn't look good on me!! 🤣  tweedledee & treedledum

TWeedle01cap-954917457.jpeg.8acaf914679311c9ed14a20ecc2516a9.jpeg

Don’t read too much into the term “tailored” in general. I don’t like the “skinny jeans” look myself. It’s just a little more involved than chopping off and inch and giving it a hem. 

I can’t stand the short rise in modern pants so I buy a size bigger waist and have them “tailored” to fit in the legs. I’m generally right in between a 32 and 34 inseam (33 is almost impossible to find) so the inseam gets adjusted to match. The lady that does it for me is a magician. I find them to fit, feel and look better and it generally costs me $10 a pair for the “tailored” look.

On 12/23/2022 at 7:42 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Usually golf specific pants have some slightly different features. Moisture wicking materials, some type of rubber grip in the waistband to keep your shirt from untucking.

... Worst invention ever! I have a flat belly so the rubber waistband just rides up with my shirt when I swing and I end up looking like Martin Shorts Ed Grimley. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

57 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Worst invention ever! I have a flat belly so the rubber waistband just rides up with my shirt when I swing and I end up looking like Martin Shorts Ed Grimley. 

Drink beer!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Drink beer!

... Haha that would work but I don't drink alcohol, avoid sugar and only eat organic. When I got that intestinal virus several years ago and went from 178 to 135 in a month it took almost a full year to gain it back. But at least I wear the same size 34's I wore in college. 🤪

9 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Haha that would work but I don't drink alcohol, avoid sugar and only eat organic. When I got that intestinal virus several years ago and went from 178 to 135 in a month it took almost a full year to gain it back. But at least I wear the same size 34's I wore in college. 🤪

Your look pretty thin in that Humana commercial.  

Anything that costs a lot of $$$ and you don't mind getting dirty, muddy and grass stained is golf attire...lol. A lot of $$$ is subjective, obviously. 😉

I wear clean jeans in cooler weather at any course that allows them. If not, I just wear any casual dress pants that I no longer care about ruining...lol.

On 12/30/2022 at 10:36 AM, Golfspy_TCB said:

Sugar and salt are the keys to success for me.  the more refined sugar and added salt I can eliminate, the less I crave, which really they key for me.  Having said that... my holidays were filled with sugar and salt.  😕

As far as pants fit are concerned... That pic of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum strike pretty close to home for me... haha.  No matter how much weight I lose (~140 lb since 2017) I have that "front butt" below my belt line.  haha.  That is my penance for 40 years of self abuse with food.

140?? OMG that's like losing one whole person. Congrats that's quite an accomplishment.. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

Anything that costs a lot of $$$ and you don't mind getting dirty, muddy and grass stained is golf attire...lol. A lot of $$$ is subjective, obviously. 😉

I wear clean jeans in cooler weather at any course that allows them. If not, I just wear any casual dress pants that I no longer care about ruining...lol.

... I have never understood why a nice clean pair of jeans are not allowed on some courses. Same for a nice clean tee shirt. Personally I prefer the freedom of movement as well as the moisture wicking that golf pants/shorts provide and the additional coverage of a collared shirt but think a clean pair of jeans and tee shirt is perfectly acceptable. 

31 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have never understood why a nice clean pair of jeans are not allowed on some courses. Same for a nice clean tee shirt. Personally I prefer the freedom of movement as well as the moisture wicking that golf pants/shorts provide and the additional coverage of a collared shirt but think a clean pair of jeans and tee shirt is perfectly acceptable. 

The typical times where I see that working are usually at the end of the day for the last few tee times. Most public places it wouldn’t be a big deal, even some of our semi private. However the country clubs would be hit or miss. Jeans are a bit harder to get away with vs a nice simple shirt….

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

57 minutes ago, chisag said:

...because the hoity-toity class do not want to see members of the great unwashed, especially in jeans, anywhere but in the next county.  The nerve of those great unwashed....

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

The first 9 hole course that I played back in 1978, would have kicked you off if you didn't have jeans on, it was a cow pasture!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

4 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

The first 9 hole course that I played back in 1978, would have kicked you off if you didn't have jeans on, it was a cow pasture!

... I am surprised you are posting so soon after that multiple heart attack football game yesterday! 😜

3 hours ago, MacTourney said:

...because the hoity-toity class do not want to see members of the great unwashed, especially in jeans, anywhere but in the next county.  The nerve of those great unwashed....

... One of the reasons I never considered golf when I was young. My high school golf team in '71 played at 1 of the 4 Country Clubs had to play in long white cuffed pants, long sleeve white button down shirts and a black tie. Late spring in Greensboro NC meant those white pants/shirts were soak and wet by the back 9. 

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... I am surprised you are posting so soon after that multiple heart attack football game yesterday! 😜

You got that right, even though the stats were close, we got beat in my opinion. I think the players for Ga just had a little more experience in that type atmosphere.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

29 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

You got that right, even though the stats were close, we got beat in my opinion. I think the players for Ga just had a little more experience in that type atmosphere.

... To be fair they may have been outplayed, but they weren't beat. Kinda like being tied with your friend on 18 and hitting a semi bladed thin 7i that rolls onto the green and a foot from the hole for a tap in after he hit a beautiful 7i to 8 feet and lipped out the putt. But as an ex UG student and Dawg fan, that was one crazy roller coaster ride! Definitely Losing ... Wait!? What a comeback! ... aaaaand back to Definitely Losing... Wait!? Maybe?!? What a comeback! 

22 hours ago, chisag said:

... To be fair they may have been outplayed, but they weren't beat. Kinda like being tied with your friend on 18 and hitting a semi bladed thin 7i that rolls onto the green and a foot from the hole for a tap in after he hit a beautiful 7i to 8 feet and lipped out the putt. But as an ex UG student and Dawg fan, that was one crazy roller coaster ride! Definitely Losing ... Wait!? What a comeback! ... aaaaand back to Definitely Losing... Wait!? Maybe?!? What a comeback! 

This!...lol. I'm still in disbelief at how bad Ruggles missed left on that FG.