Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Calling All Ladies….

On 4/7/2023 at 12:16 PM, Golfspy_TCB said:

Awesome Post @Tijoli!!  I am VERY interested to see the responses to your questions.  

Just so you all know, we at MyGolfSpy Forum are working to create a separate area designed exclusively for Women Golfers.  We want to know what types of forum content is of most interest to you so we can cater the forum content you are looking for.  

We are all love this great game equally, no matter our gender, and this forum is definitely designed for the love of the game of golf 🙂

Awesome!!!

On 4/7/2023 at 1:26 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just have to echo what Tim is saying. We would love to see more women involved on the forum and I am hopeful to have the womens section launched and promoted next Thursday! 

Can’t wait!!!

On 4/7/2023 at 2:24 PM, tony@CIC said:

Thank you for posting. We would all gain from having other women post on this site. My wife loves to golf but is not a social media type so it'd be a stretch for her to join the Forum.  On the other hand she is an equipment junkie, having been fitted a couple of times, she's always on the search for new stuff. PGASS in Sarasota is the only place where the 2 of us shop together (I hate to shop). Like yourself she is gaming a men's driver (410 Plus) with a senior flex shaft, along with other men's type clubs she's been fitted for.  Hope this thread gains traction. 

I’m excited for more women to join in the conversation.  I also play men’s clubs with a light or senior or soft regular flex (all the same depending on brand).  I was actually recently talking to someone k was golfing with about I wish they’d do away with the mens vs women’s clubs and just have the different shaft weight and lengths.

33 minutes ago, Brittney said:I wish they’d do away with the mens vs women’s clubs and just have the different shaft weight and lengths.

Exactly! Like one size fits us all! 

Swing Thought: If you think, you stink

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Great to see the responses so far!

Hoping that a few of our not as regular lady members see this. We have opened up the ladies section for you and enabled it so everyone can view and see, but only the women involved can respond. If you want full access just send me a PM and we can get you setup! Here are a few screenshots to help show where it is and you will also notice that anything in that section will have Purple highlight. 

Screenshot 2023-04-08 22.57.56.png

Screenshot 2023-04-07 14.11.07.png

A final note we are actively working to try and get a few female only tests so if you have ideas of what you want to see or test be sure to let us know and post it in your section!

Gloves!!!!

There are so many more options for men than for women.  Some of my favorites aren’t made anymore and spending anywhere from $15-$30 per glove to try adds up.

1 minute ago, Brittney said:

Gloves!!!!

There are so many more options for men than for women.  Some of my favorites aren’t made anymore and spending anywhere from $15-$30 per glove to try adds up.

Check out Red Rooster!!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 4/7/2023 at 11:42 AM, Tijoli said:

I’d love to hear how long you’ve been playing.  Who do you with with and how often?  What’s your favorite club and what are your strengths and weaknesses?

Have you found a go-to source for women’s golf outfits and accessories?  Share your secrets!

What would you like to see on the forums?  What speaks to you and how would you like to be heard?  We can be active participants in this golf community so let’s share what we would like it to look like for women and shape it through our participation.  I look forward to hearing from you!

My husband bought me a starter set for our anniversary 11 years ago.  Threw me in the deep end and took me out on a course after just a couple visits to the driving range.  Somehow it stuck and I’m still playing.

Only play a couple times a month right now but hoping to get back to playing more!

I agree with some of the other posts that the sales from PGA Superstore can be great for clothes…they have more variety than a lot of smaller places.  It can be hard to find a variety of women’s clothing options, especially in a variety of sizes.  I have been loving Puma and Adidas clothing!

1 hour ago, BGolfer1 said:

Gloves!!!!

Exactly! Any feedback we can give to brands would be amazing. I’d love to see better selections in gloves and shoes. Or smaller size selection of mens shoes for women. I want technical, high performance and comfort (and not just a pink variation less than the men’s version)

1 minute ago, SpecialKPDX said:

Exactly! Any feedback we can give to brands would be amazing. I’d love to see better selections in gloves and shoes. Or smaller size selection of mens shoes for women. I want technical, high performance and comfort (and not just a pink variation less than the men’s version)

Yes!!!  I’ve been happy with FootJoy shoes at least.

For gloves, they don’t even make the same different versions for women that they make for men for many brands.  And I’m a women’s small in gloves so there are no men’s gloves small enough for me to get the men’s versions.  I have no problem with smaller sizes of the current men’s options.

I have had trouble finding gloves that are comfortable and perform well but also last.

I play with my husband regularly.  My daughter at Ridgmont in a ladies tournament, weekly with a social league which is purely for fun!

Ive been golfing about 20 years around work, kids schedules etc.  Now retired and enjoying playing at least 5 days a week!

Working on getting my GHIN below 30 now that I have more time to commit to golf fun!

B

2 hours ago, MyCatsMom said:

I looked. I didn’t see any Women’s sizes

https://redroostergolf.com/collections/womens-gloves-1

Their sizes are also in sequence so if a womens small was too big, junior large is the next size down. Kerry from Red Rooster talked about it during our community call. If you want to listen or watch the video head to the "Forum Community Calls" thread and you can find the video linked above. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

6 hours ago, MyCatsMom said:

I looked. I didn’t see any Women’s sizes

@MyCatsMom The drop down menu from “Shop” - Women’s gloves  - the offerings can be found here.  Gloveit (gloveit.com) has ladies selections too. 

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

On 4/10/2023 at 1:09 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Check out Red Rooster!!

When I visited Red Rooster, the site wouldn't allow me to view anything unless I first signed up with my email. Any way around that. I'm not willing to do that just to research if this might be a viable glove for me.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

4 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

When I visited Red Rooster, the site wouldn't allow me to view anything unless I first signed up with my email. Any way around that. I'm not willing to do that just to research if this might be a viable glove for me.

In a PM can you send me a photo or screenshot of what it looks like? I can send Kerry (one of the founders of Red Rooster) a message about it. I don't see it when I go there and don't recall have to do so when I first went there. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

13 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

There's a very small x in the top right corner to close the request for email 

B

9 minutes ago, BKervin said:

There's a very small x in the top right corner to close the request for email 

Thanks. I tried that at first and it didn't work.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

4 minutes ago, BKervin said:

Sorry, not sure then. 🙁

@artful_golfer Thinking it has to do with the pop-up ads and permissions assigned/allowed through your settings on your specific device. And the privacy/security assigned via web browsers. Verify your settings and you may have to clear out your cache too. 

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

On 4/12/2023 at 4:51 PM, Dragon3 said:

@artful_golfer Thinking it has to do with the pop-up ads and permissions assigned/allowed through your settings on your specific device. And the privacy/security assigned via web browsers. Verify your settings and you may have to clear out your cache too. 

I finally managed to get it to work. Thanks.

PXG 0811 XF driver

On 4/10/2023 at 11:41 AM, MyCatsMom said:

I started playing golf two years ago at age 63 and have been playing several times a week in Florida. When in Massachusetts I started at this little Par 3 and driving range in Lexington where a really nice older man [90] has acted kind of like a coach, particularly with putting. In Florida I have taken some clinics and lessons with a great pro here at an inexpensive club I joined. I play alone, with friends and some of the fun events that often play best ball. I also play in a 9 holers league. I play or am at the driving range most days in Florida, several days a week in Mass. 

I’ve always been into sports but always the playing end, not really the watching end. Nor am I much of a fashion person - I get my clothes on sale and I couldn’t tell you which brands, except for shoes which are FootJoy. I like the bigger toe boxes. 

My driver is also an Epic Max men’s senior flex and I carry it [on good shots!] about 170-180. My current favorite clubs are my 3 wood, 5 wood, 7 iron and my new hybrid 5. I do covet the TaylorMade Stealth driver - I played with a friend who has one and I hit it once…and then every hole thereafter! Consistent and added 20 yards, felt so well weighted in my hands. But the price! Sigh. My strengths would be driver/woods and putting. My weakness is my approach shots. My other weakness is needing to walk the course. I can suck it up to be in a cart but I have to drive - otherwise I get dizzy since a car accident. Walking is great for me and I can keep up with foursomes but often let twosomes or singles play through. 

I love that you recently started playing AND play an Epic Max!!  Your drives are amazing for someone who’s only played a short time.  My goal is to walk 18 holes one day.  I was sick for about 5 years and it changed everything about me.  I’m better now and need to get busy living better.  I’m sad that you have to walk but you have challenged me to…knowing that you were in a car accident and don’t let the dizziness stop you from enjoying the game. I don’t want what happened to me to be a tether to the past.  It’s time to move on.  Thank you for sharing…I hope your dizziness is something that gets better with time and that your story encourages others along the way.

Tijoli

• 8 months later...

Posting this for my daughter that is just getting back into the game. I am a former D1 golfer from a lot of years ago and can still play half decent on occasion. I have girls that are 15 and 13 and a son that is 17. All of my kids learned to play at a young age and have grown up around the game mostly playing on weekends with me as well as PGA Jr. league. My son at his best was about a 7 index and as he got older decided to focus on football and wrestling over golf. My youngest is into competitive dance and kick line and really does not play at all anymore. So that leaves my middle daughter and my most athletic child. She is a freshman in high school and decided that she wants to play high school golf this spring. Part of me is excited that she is getting back into the game since I get to spend time with her and teaching her again. Another part of me has anxiety because she really has not played at all in the last three years. As someone that knows the game really well from my perspective both my daughter and I are excited to read and learn from some of the members on here that can give her perspective. We start tomorrow now that her clubs have arrived (guess I should also mention she is a lefty) after some intense searching. Starting with a set from Wilson and once we figure out what she likes and does not like we can build from there. Thinking this will be a fun journey and hope she sticks with it for the long haul. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

53 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Posting this for my daughter that is just getting back into the game. I am a former D1 golfer from a lot of years ago and can still play half decent on occasion. I have girls that are 15 and 13 and a son that is 17. All of my kids learned to play at a young age and have grown up around the game mostly playing on weekends with me as well as PGA Jr. league. My son at his best was about a 7 index and as he got older decided to focus on football and wrestling over golf. My youngest is into competitive dance and kick line and really does not play at all anymore. So that leaves my middle daughter and my most athletic child. She is a freshman in high school and decided that she wants to play high school golf this spring. Part of me is excited that she is getting back into the game since I get to spend time with her and teaching her again. Another part of me has anxiety because she really has not played at all in the last three years. As someone that knows the game really well from my perspective both my daughter and I are excited to read and learn from some of the members on here that can give her perspective. We start tomorrow now that her clubs have arrived (guess I should also mention she is a lefty) after some intense searching. Starting with a set from Wilson and once we figure out what she likes and does not like we can build from there. Thinking this will be a fun journey and hope she sticks with it for the long haul. 

This is so awesome!

My daughter Never golfed but putt putt.  She came home in her freshman year and said "I'm joining the golf team!"

My husband and I looked at each other with the "can she play?" look.

Well it started her life long love of the game!  She lettered every year through high school!!  She has a drive around 225-250.  Beats her husband and Dad frequently!  Still plays at least weekly at 40 even plays indoor during cold winters in Rochester NY.

Encourage her to have fun and play her best!!

B

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! Beyond excited to have found this group. My husband has been following My Golf Spy and mentioned it to me as a way to find great women's products and stay in touch with other female golfers. 

I've been golfing since I was four, as my mom was passionate about learning to play the game but unfortunately, not many women played at the time. We belonged to a local golf club in the Rochester, NY area and they didn't even have a weekly women's league, which she wanted to see changed and eventually did. I took my first lessons at Big Oak Golf Range - shoutout to Western New York! I fell in love with golf and played until I started our family in 2019. My husband is a dedicated golfer as well and it's something we bonded over early in our relationship, and we'd go golfing for date nights! We had so much fun. Once I was pregnant with my first, mobility issues and body changes kept me from playing, then covid, then my second tough pregnancy. I picked up a club again for the first time this past summer and I feel like I am back! I am looking forward to developing my game for my postpartum body and getting back into the swing (no pun intended :)) 

We belong to a country club in the Southtowns of Buffalo, NY, where I live now, so that's my home course and I try to play once per week. I have TaylorMade Kalea and adore them thus far. It was between the Kalea and the Qi10 recently, as I upgraded my clubs from the TM RocketBallz and Callaway Gems I had since forever, so hoping I made the best choice for my game long term. I find my short game challenging; chipping is not my strength whatsoever. My strengths are reading the course and my approach, as I have a good judge of distance with my knowledge of my own ability/what clubs to use to get me so far. 

Looking forward to connecting with you!

I’m Jennifer, Buffalonian and mother of two girls. I’ve been golfing since I was three, since my mom needed a golf partner. Fell in love with the game growing up, but unfortunately, took a break to raise our young family. As our oldest daughter is learning to love golf, she has inspired me to pick up my clubs and get back out there. 

• 1 month later...

My daughter is now a week into golf practice for high school and she is hooked. Got her back to the range a few weeks ago and just let her figure it out and swing her swing. Only tips I gave was grip and balance then let her go. She is absolutely just a natural athlete and can take pointers and incorporate them into her swing. After school before golf practice she goes down to the indoor putting green and rolls putts for half an hour or so each day. Kid is a perfectionist and wants to master an imperfect sport. 

When I got done with work today she wanted to watch golf with me and was asking a lot of questions. She told me today in a year I will be giving her shots so the gauntlet has been thrown down. Personally I hope this is the case since if she does that I won’t be paying a dime for college 🙂

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos: