Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Players 2012

RopeItGolf

Here's a sneak peak at the new article on practicegolfatHome.blogspot.com before it goes live... enjoy.

THE PLAYERS 2012

Here we are about a week away from The Players Championship and the competition is already starting to heat up. Today Masters winner Bubba Watson announced that he's going to take some more time off to spend with his family.

Today he tweeted: "I ve decided to pull out of the Players. I need to spend more time with Caleb and Angie, plan to take at least a month off #familytime" and... "Sorry to disappoint fans but the Players has one of the best fields all year, tourney is more than fine without me"

Bubba's right though, The Players is still going to have a great field without him. Here are some of the major “players” (... get it?) expected to compete in this year's tournament:

- Tiger Woods will be there, looking to bounce back after a disappointing Masters

- Masters runner-up Charl Schwartzel

- Lefty, Phil Mickelson

- Rory McIlroy

- World #1 Luke Donald

For a full list check out the PGA tour website

K.J. Choi will be there looking to repeat as Players Champion. If you remember last year, he won after beating David Toms in a playoff late on Sunday.

We should be in for an exciting 4 days of golf next weekend at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. Stay tuned…

I am the inventor of The Rope It!

I run a newsletter, you can sign up here: http://www.TheRopeit.com/

I can't wait..The Players is one of my favorite tournaments all year..Gotta love TPC Sawgrass. GO PHIL!

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

I love this Tournament, I will miss Bubba Fever not being there, who do you think is the early favorite?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

The Players may be one of the hardest tournaments to predict who will play well. It's very difficult tee-to-green, and the greens are really hard to putt well. Historically, someone unexpected is always in contention. You have to play well off the tee and be sure you are not short sided if you miss the green. Then you need a really hot putter. I think a lot of luck is involved in winning the Players. I expect the winner to be someone who is not on a favorites list. Winner could be someone like John Rollins, Chris Stroud, Ben Crane, Aaron Baddeley, or Zach Johnson.

So I know we were doing a Mad Lib with Tiger Woods Golf Swing and I suggested that it is 'unnatural', I opened my e-mail today and found a Golf Channel article that well agreed with my opinion lol they talk about how Tiger is getting 'too mechanical and not playing golf'

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/randall-mell/tiger-facing-stern-criticism-of-game/

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Archived