When do you arrive at the course for your tee time?

Curious to know when you arrive at the course for your tee time and what you do to prepare for your round?

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

I try to arrive 20-30 minutes prior. What I do to warm up depends on the available facilities. If there's a range, I'll hit a small bucket to warm up and see what shot shape decided to show up that day. I'll rarely even hit the full bucket, it's not a practice session. If there's no range, I'll swing my Orange Whip for a bit to loosen up my back and hips. 

I'll hit some chips/pitches if they have a green available for that, if not I'll go straight to the putting green and practice short and lag putts to get a feel. Then it's off to the first tee. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I try to get there at least 20 minutes before my time. Plenty of time to get my gear and check in without being rushed. If it's a tournament or I know the course has a range and I want to warm up, I'll try to get there 45 minutes early.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I'm usually 30-45 min early, check in and grab a small bucket then stretch out and organize the cart. Trying to spend 1/3-1/2 of the time I have left on the putting green getting the feel and the rest of the time on the range/chipping area. 

Driver:   :cobra-small: King F8 9.5D w/Motore X1 x-stiff
Fairway:  :cobra-small: King F8 3 wood  
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 3 hybrid 19.5° Fujikura Atmos 7s stiff      
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F8 5-PW true temper XP 90 stiff 
Wedges: :callaway-small: 48° (10) Mack Daddy 4 S grind, :taylormade-small: 52° (09) Hi-Toe, :taylormade-small:56° (09) Milled Grind, :taylormade-small:60° (10) MG2 
Putter:    :Sub70: 004 Mallet w/ SuperStroke Zynergy 5.0

Ball: :vice: Pro (white & drip)

For our league play on early mornings I try to get there at least an hour early. There isn't a range but I do spend time chipping and putting on the practice green. I try to loosen up swinging clubs and hip flex exercises. I also get there early to pay and sign in. Sometimes the opening person is late and that sets things back.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

If its my home course, I'm getting there roughly 5-10 minutes before tee time and straight to the first tee.  If its any other course, I'll claim that I'll get there around 30 minutes prior but it usually winds up being 10-15 minutes at most.  Best case scenario I roll a few putts before getting to the first tee.  My handicap reflects my efforts.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I try for 40 minutes.  Gives me 10 to loosen up on the range,  10 to putt, 10 to chip and 10 to check in and find the first tee.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I try to warm up before I get to the course.  Prefer to arrive 30 min or so before tee time.  

I don't use the range to warm up in general.  Don't get much out of hitting range balls before a round.  

I do use the practice green to try to judge lag putt speeds.  

I mostly play the same few courses, so I almost always spend a few moments the day before "visualizing" how I am going to play the holes in my head. 

I always have great results in the visualizations.  LOL😆

Home course: straight from the parking lot
Another course: 1 hour to warm up properly, test the greens, etc...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I plan to arrive 1 hour before my tee time. I will have some breakfast, or lunch depending on the time, relax and chat for a bit, 5 mins on the putting green then off to the 1st hole.

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:titleist-small:, Pro V1

I like to be about a half hour early for most rounds, time enough for a bit of range time and some putting.  For competitions I prefer an extra 15 or 20 minutes, and will add in a bit of chipping along with more comprehensive putting work.  Full swing warm-ups don't vary much, 25 to 30 balls, maybe even less.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Usually about 45 minutes to an hour before depending on if I’m getting a drink in the clubhouse. Enough time to get some putting and chipping in and maybe hit a few on the range. 

Currently hitting a ping g410 driver and hybrid. Titleist 715 3 wood. Ping i500 irons. Cleveland RTX 4 wedges and an odyssey white hot og 7s putter. 

Most of the time it's 30-40 minutes early. Light warm up, putting practice and then getting set for the round. 

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)

Casual round - show up maybe 20 mins before. Check-in, swing some wedges and dynamic stretch to get loose, hit some wedges and role some putts. Usually don't bother hitting balls.

Competitive Round or Coaching a HS Comp - on the range 45 mins before tee time, 15 mins of hitting wedge, high iron, mid iron, low iron, hybrid/wood off deck and driver, stock wedges matrix and end with first hole tee shot club, 10 mins chipping, 10 mins putting, 5 min strategy chat

• Callaway Epic Max LS
  • Cobra Radspeed 3w
  • TM RBZ 19º Hybrid
  • New Level 902-PD 5-PW 
  • Callaway Jaws 52
  • Cleveland RTX 56
  • Alien 60
  • Odessy Dual Force II CS#5 Putter

10-15 minutes beforehand depending on how far I have to travel. If it's a couple of hours away, maybe 1/2 hour.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I aim for about 40 minutes. Gives me time to hit a few 50 yard pitches, chip 10-20 balls from a range of distances before a few full swings in the net. Finish off on the putting green. 

Of course what I aim for and what I do can be vastly different. Sometimes it's 2 quick putts and on to the tee.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Usually arrive by 7 AM and the Starter gets us off early, between 7:30 & 8. This gives me time to do a warmup exercise then putt for 10 minutes.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I usually go straight from truck to tee but if I have time, I like to spend 10-15 minutes at the putting green to get a feel for my putter. Most importantly it is to get my mind relaxed. Lately I’ve been wishing for time to hit a few down range first to loosen up but that rarely happens before I tee off. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I generally try to give myself 30 minutes at least. Might hit a few balls, might not. 

I just don't want to be the guy that rolls up 2 minutes before the tee time because i certainly have some friends like that. 

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

My current course doesn't allow carts out until 8:00am. Between 7:30 and 8:00, if you want to walk its fair game. First come first go, or you could make a walking tee time. There are not many walkers early in the morning. So, I get to the course load up the Motocaddy and go. There are a lot of wayward balls starting at 8:00, so I want to get as far out in front as I can. 

No warmup except for the walk to the first tee, two practice swings and I'm gone. The first hole is a short par 4 so a less than stellar drive won't get you in trouble. After the first hole with the walk, I'm warmed up anyway.

At my old course that was different. It was private and not a lot of members, so you never needed a tee time. The range was right next to the first tee. I would hit about a dozen balls, chip and putt a little then I was off to the first tee.  But if there were people in the parking lot starting to load up, I usually just went right to the first tee. I normally play as a single and like to get out in front of a foursome. If they were on the first tee already, I would walk over to #4 and start there and pick up the first three holes after I finished up on 18. There I took a cart as the course was a mountain course and too difficult to walk especially in the summer. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• 2 weeks later...

The 3 courses I play weekly are part of our community. When I played in tournament league prior to this, i did the same.

I arrive at range 1.5 hours before tee time. I warm up, hit balls, large bucket, 70-80 balls. This usually takes 30-40 minutes. 1/2 the shots are 40, 50, 60, 75 yd sand wedge shots, gap wedge, 45 wedge, and pitching wedge shots. I hit 3-5 ea. 9, 8, 7 irons. I hit 4 irons, 4 hybrid shots, then finish on my drivers. I have two, 9 degree and 15.5 degree (yes that's right, a 13.5 degree driver with +2 on shaft).

When finished, i go to practice green for 10 minutes of putting and 10 minutes of chipping practice. I go to meet the group at 8:30, we pull teams and go to holes (shotgun start 4 days a week) and tee off at 9.

Without the last 30 minutes, I've followed the same routine for the last 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Depends: home course (using my cart) where I don't have to pay or walk into the pro shop - it's generally 15-20 min early. We have a starter so I can generally just head out to the #1 tee. If not at a home course then 30-45 min early. The only exception is if I'm golfing with my wife, I'll always tell her our tee time is 10-15 min earlier then add the 15-20 min or the 30-45 min on top of that.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I try and get to the course 30-45 minutes early and that's with the first tee times for the men's league Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.   I wish I could say I'm that early to warm up.  This time of year, our "fearless leader" who runs the league retreats to the North as a Key West Snowbird.  That leaves me to run the league.  I need to get there early because we don't know who's coming, who will be on what team, etc.  It's like herding cats because others will show up 5-10 minutes before our designated tee time.  I'm constantly changing teams to balance out the field and and assigning shotgun starting holes right up to when the first group tees off.  So if I'm lucky, I get two or three putts and a few swings with an Orange Whip to loosen up before I'm off with the first group. 

During season when I'm not in charge, after the required socializing and bitching about how many points I have to get, I spend about 5-10 minutes on the putting on the practice green, 5-10 minutes chipping and 5-10 minutes swinging the Orange Whip to get my old muscles loose!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

I like to get there 50 to 60 minutes before the tee time. But I’m retired 😉

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

I think it’s more OCD than anything else but I always am at the course 1 hour before my tee time.  I use at least 45-50 minutes to warm-up and stretch.  Stretch 5 min, Chip 10 Min, Putt 10 min, Range 20 min. Stretch again and putt for another 5-10 min.  Thankfully all of the courses I generally play have the practice facilities close enough to the first tee for this schedule to work.  

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

First, I’m retired so I have more time than most.  I get to the course 90 minutes before I tee off except if my wife is playing and the it is 30 minutes early.  

When I am playing with my buds, I spend 15-30 minutes on pitches, chips and bunkers. I then hit balls for 20 and if I am working on a swing thought, it’s 30.  I putt for 10-15 and then make sure I have everything ready to go.  Get some water in me and meet on the first tee.  

When my wife and I play, she doesn’t hit a single ball before the first tee.  She will however, talk to everyone she sees.  It’s amazing that she can converse literally with anyone.  She will putt for 15 minutes so I get 15 on the range and 10 or so on the putting green.  

:titleist-small: 917D2 driver

:callaway-small: 3 wood

:titleist-small: TS2 19 degree and 21 degree hybrids

:PXG:0211 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 56 and 60 degree wedges

:odyssey-small: EXO7 putter :garsen: MAX grip

:titleist-small: Pro V1

Half an hour works for me - gives me time to check in at my club or pay somewhere else - stretch a bit, hit a few balls, roll some putts and get to the first tee a couple of minutes early.  I've played enough golf to know that it makes absolutely no difference to my score what so ever whether or not I hit balls and stretch first.  It does matter how I will feel the next day so I would rather follow that routine.  I suppose it might matter if its an unfamiliar course whether or not I hit a few chips and putts to get a feel for the greens - assuming the practice green is like those on the course.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Home course- 15 minutes prior- enough to load up check in and get a few putts in on the putting green.

away/new course - 30 min. Allow myself to get familiar with where every thing is and not feel rushed. I rarely hit balls prior to the round but will definitely try to get some putts in

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver