MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, juspoole said:

Was lucky enough to get down to Miami last week for a few days to play Indian Creek Country Club.  Certainly was a tale of two very different days.  First day, while still shaking some rust off, played a 78 and the second day my golf game was no where to be found and shot an 86.  Also, hit several shots fat from 125 and in, which really doesn't happen to me.  Guess I'll chalk it up to early year rust and leave it at that.  Still, a much better way to spend a couple days than in the office!

IndianC2.JPG

IndianC1.JPG

Bermuda will do that to you when you hit it even a little bit fat.  

• Like 2

Didn't play Sunday.  Wind was 30mph with gusts to 52; blowing dust from the farmers' fields outside of town.  You may remember the tumbleweed story earlier this year when they buried cars on the highway.  Yesterday was Tumbleweed 2; the sequel.

5e53d1cb1b554.image.thumb.jpg.50c9858ba0d1fbda80ed63ad539871d9.jpg

So today was 50º with only a breeze, I played with my 77 and 80 year old Monday walking buddies.  The course was pruning tree branches after the storm yesterday on the front nine, so we played the back nine.  We usually only play the front nine.

I hit every fairway with my driver and made 2 no-putt birdies, putting from the fringe.  11 putts total.   Shot 36 (+1) because of a stooopid double on an easy hole.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

That would explain the faces.  Now go out and shoot a great round and show us a smile!!

He is smiling

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Beautiful morning in FL. Played 9 holes, 4 over. Hit a few low screamers but was able to scramble and make no more than bogie.

• Like 6

Just now, Rickp said:

Beautiful morning in FL. Played 9 holes, 4 over. Hit a few low screamers but was able to scramble and make no more than bogie.

Screamers are better than fatties IMHO.   

Oh wait!  I shouldn't have written it that way.  Please be kind!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

• Like 1

Where's the emoji for spitting water out of your nose? That was my reaction. Hilarious!

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Where's the emoji for spitting water out of your nose? That was my reaction. Hilarious! 
Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

No correct emoji available!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Didn't play Sunday.  Wind was 30mph with gusts to 52; blowing dust from the farmers' fields outside of town.  You may remember the tumbleweed story earlier this year when they buried cars on the highway.  Yesterday was Tumbleweed 2; the sequel.
5e53d1cb1b554.image.thumb.jpg.50c9858ba0d1fbda80ed63ad539871d9.jpg

So today was 50º with only a breeze, I played with my 77 and 80 year old Monday walking buddies.  The course was pruning tree branches after the storm yesterday on the front nine, so we played the back nine.  We usually only play the front nine.
I hit every fairway with my driver and made 2 no-putt birdies, putting from the fringe.  11 putts total.   Shot 36 (+1) because of a stooopid double on an easy hole.  

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

I didn't really play today, but I did go out and play 4 holes so that I could take pictures for my review of the Sky Caddie SX400.  By myself (aka no witnesses), I go birdie (par 5), par, par, birdie (par 3).  Go figure!  Should have played at least 9, but it wasn't an option today.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I didn't really play today, but I did go out and play 4 holes so that I could take pictures for my review of the Sky Caddie SX400.  By myself (aka no witnesses), I go birdie (par 5), par, par, birdie (par 3).  Go figure!  Should have played at least 9, but it wasn't an option today.

Playing golf is a lot easier when you know it doesn't count.  😀

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I tell my wife that...she isn't amused.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Bermuda will do that to you when you hit it even a little bit fat.  

Had not even thought of that.  Definitely a great point and will make me sleep a little bit better.  With daylight savings time right around the corner, hopefully the weather can start to get near 50* more often so I don't have to go all the way down to Miami to play.

• Like 5

We had a string of very unseasonably mild days here in NY - 50s, clear and mostly calm. Got out Saturday for 9, family brunch Sunday and then went back to the same 9 on Monday.

But here's where it gets (kinda) interesting:
..on the same course, the same golf dude, with the same set of clubs, same golf balls, etc. (You can see where this is going!)

..Saturday the tee shots were all over the place and the wedge game was just non-existent (at least putting was mostly ok); lotta mistakes and poor shots and ended up +17 for 9 (Par 36).....

..but then...

..Monday all tee shots were in the fairway or close and playable; short game wasn't spot-on but was good and although not all shots were good ones they were all moving in the right direction - even the two grounders in a row on an uphill Par 4 still left me in a good spot to get to the green. Approaches were mostly short, one or two were long so distance control of course needs more practice; lag putting was pretty good and left me close several times; but I think the real key was I didn't make two mistakes in a row!

The highlights...
4 Pars (yea)
4 Bogeys (including #7 where I habitually f*** up)
1 Double (topped second shot on a Par 5 and then added a 3-putt where I pushed the 3-footer for bogey...)

And what I'm really happy with is...
* an up & down out of a footprint in a deep greenside bunker on an uphill Par 3 after I pulled the tee shot left and watched the ball hang for a second on the crest of the slope but as it rolled it caught the slope and went down down down.

Also finished with the same ball I started with!

So finished +6 on a Par 36 which is a new "PB" .. whoo-hoo!
(I made one 42 last Summer but that was on a Par 35)

---

Here's the view looking back from the #1 green towards LI Sound...
Crab Meadow

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

We had a string of very unseasonably mild days here in NY - 50s, clear and mostly calm. Got out Saturday for 9, family brunch Sunday and then went back to the same 9 on Monday.

But here's where it gets (kinda) interesting:
..on the same course, the same golf dude, with the same set of clubs, same golf balls, etc. (You can see where this is going!)

..Saturday the tee shots were all over the place and the wedge game was just non-existent (at least putting was mostly ok); lotta mistakes and poor shots and ended up +17 for 9 (Par 36).....

..but then...

..Monday all tee shots were in the fairway or close and playable; short game wasn't spot-on but was good and although not all shots were good ones they were all moving in the right direction - even the two grounders in a row on an uphill Par 4 still left me in a good spot to get to the green. Approaches were mostly short, one or two were long so distance control of course needs more practice; lag putting was pretty good and left me close several times; but I think the real key was I didn't make two mistakes in a row!

The highlights...
4 Pars (yea)
4 Bogeys (including #7 where I habitually f*** up)
1 Double (topped second shot on a Par 5 and then added a 3-putt where I pushed the 3-footer for bogey...)

And what I'm really happy with is...
* an up & down out of a footprint in a deep greenside bunker on an uphill Par 3 after I pulled the tee shot left and watched the ball hang for a second on the crest of the slope but as it rolled it caught the slope and went down down down.

Also finished with the same ball I started with!

So finished +6 on a Par 36 which is a new "PB" .. whoo-hoo!
(I made one 42 last Summer but that was on a Par 35)

---

Here's the view looking back from the #1 green towards LI Sound...
Crab Meadow

Yep!  Happens a lot.  That's GOLF.

I suggest a trip to Cali next month!!

• Like 1

Hey guys - seeing lots of awesome pics in here.

Don't forget about the Gallery!  It's a great place to post your course pics and has some awesome features and functionality.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/gallery/

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yep!  Happens a lot.  That's GOLF.

Whew! Thought maybe I was starting to develop some sort of split personality disorder................

48 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I suggest a trip to Cali next month!!

Very much looking forward to it!!!

Anyone who has time and wants to join us...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/36544-on-the-road-with-kennyb-irvine-ca-april-3-7/

• Like 1

Beautiful FL morning low 60’s no wind. Shot a 3 over with. Couple dumb a$$ shots. Ball sticking on irons was as good as I’ve hit irons in a year, every shot was nuked. See what happens tomorrow if we don’t get rained out.

• Like 3