What are your hobbies outside of golf?

TSauer

I know, I know... golf is life. But, when you aren't on the golf course or when it's the off-season, what occupies your time?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Outside of actually playing golf, I spend a good bit of time volunteering as a Rules Official.  Right now, I have 27 or 28 days reserved this year.  Does that count as "outside of golf"?

Beyond that, I enjoy cooking, and I think I'm pretty decent at it.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

4 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Beyond that, I enjoy cooking, and I think I'm pretty decent at it.

Cooking is a good one. I got a blackstone a couple of years ago and outside of the few breakfast meals and hibachi nights, it has been a glorified smash burger maker lol. I will say, cooking is one of the things I want to get better at.

My wife tells me i have too many hobbies and that they are too expensive 🤷‍♂️. I mean i dont count working out as a hobby but ill include it all the same. My other hobbies would be rifle/archery shooting, mountain biking, and skydiving. The wife says she has to have my phone on tracking mode cause she never knows what i could be doing in the drop of a hat. She wasnt thrilled when she called me and i had to hangup cause the green light on the jump door turned green… oops

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

My current hobbies make up a short list. Golf and video games. I’ve started to dabble with woodworking but have not dove in headfirst just yet. Truth is that golf is an infatuation so everything else really gets put on hold most of the time.

Prior to taking up golf I was heavily vested into cycling. It truly took over every waking moment of my life for several years. Started out racing mountain bikes and that transitioned into endurance mountain bike racing, 12 & 24 hour solo to be specific. That came to an end when my daughter was born and I switched to racing road bikes and cyclocross for a few years before calling it quits.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

30 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

I have a few when I think about it. some have been less active recently with life and others are dragged out over time. I grew up snowmobiling and enjoyed going with my dad pretty much every year. I decided to sell my sled in the winter of ‘23 when my daughter was born and after a bad season-ending accident in the winter of ‘22. I also like to play hockey something I grew up doing since since I was about 3. I shoot pistols and rifles when I can find the time. I’d say my main hobbies are home renovations. I like building things and grew up learning most of the stuff from my dad which I’m very lucky to have been taught most of what he knows in that arena. We still work on projects together at each other’s houses. Over the past 6 years I’ve finished my basement and gutted my second floor (still in process of finishing it up). I can confidently say I’ve done almost every project on a house. Roofing, siding, masonry, framing, tiling, plumbing, drywall, insulation, woodworking (custom barn door and columns), trim, you name it. I’m pretty proud of these projects and enjoy doing them and seeing them come together.. even if they take me a year or so to finish!

57085188237__21E6E362-1092-4893-82B5-5419382A78D7.jpeg.1c708eeda43546670ac3324e0dd1edf4.jpegIMG_2182.jpeg.7681b36796cf567acab7648da3d5421f.jpegIMG_2183.jpeg.e24a0aeff4ee54c62bc35c849ed3f328.jpegIMG_1266.jpeg.1b8e47c9b35afcd143cfde41485948a6.jpegIMG_2619.jpeg.2b3fa079a4b4da050726950b260781d2.jpegIMG_3290.jpeg.7e64cb753fd191420663ad497644b522.jpegIMG_3487.jpeg.6af770142e72421c2154668484166c10.jpeg

That is some great work and awesome transformations, definitely something to be proud of! I spend countless hours watching renos, plumbing, woodworking or just random handyman work like this on YouTube... there's just something about it that I find fascinating.

I have a 6- and 8-year old, so if parenting counts as a hobby, that’s it. 🤣 But I’m also learning everything I can as fast I can to grow PutterCup. Consuming several courses from Udemy at once in my spare time.

Founder, PutterCup (puttercupgolf.com)

4 minutes ago, matt_puttercup said:

“…to grow PutterCup.”

“Grow PutterCup”? What is puttercup? Is it some type of protective equipment one wears to protect delicate parts of the body when partnered with really bad putters? I would think a chippingCup is more often needed. 

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3W  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: iCrossover 4 on Graphite Design AD DI 7S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

8 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

“Grow PutterCup”? What is puttercup? Is it some type of protective equipment one wears to protect delicate parts of the body when partnered with really bad putters? I would think a chippingCup is more often needed. 

Ha! Played a bunch of youth baseball, good one. 😁 As for chippingCup, unfortunately my playing partners might benefit…! 😖

PutterCup is a line of putting training aids I’ve developed — golf hole inserts that train you to focus on essentials like getting the ball to the hole on short putts or honing in on a small target. They’re less about stroke mechanics and more about mental focus.

So one of my hobbies right now is learning a lot—manufacturing, advertising, fulfillment, soup to nuts.

17 minutes ago, matt_puttercup said:

Ha! Played a bunch of youth baseball, good one. 😁 As for chippingCup, unfortunately my playing partners might benefit…! 😖

PutterCup is a line of putting training aids I’ve developed — golf hole inserts that train you to focus on essentials like getting the ball to the hole on short putts or honing in on a small target. They’re less about stroke mechanics and more about mental focus.

So one of my hobbies right now is learning a lot—manufacturing, advertising, fulfillment, soup to nuts.

Ah. I have virtually no knowledge of putter training aids. I can’t even use a line on the ball. I’m an excellent putter, but if I “think” about anything but speed and only “feel” the line I can’t putt. 

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3W  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: iCrossover 4 on Graphite Design AD DI 7S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

15 minutes ago, RoverRick said:

Ah. I have virtually no knowledge of putter training aids. I can’t even use a line on the ball. I’m an excellent putter, but if I “think” about anything but speed and only “feel” the line I can’t putt. 

Nirvana!

My life essentially consists of 3 things - Family - Work - Golf

Truthfully not a ton of time for much else. The family loves our outdoor time with the dogs and we love going to the thermal baths as a go to favorite activity.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

13 hours ago, TSauer said:

I know, I know... golf is life. But, when you aren't on the golf course or when it's the off-season, what occupies your time?

I love the Newcastle Knights, beer and red wine tasting and  fishing 

Outside of golf I am normally a taxi driver for my daughters which is a good bit of my free time. When I can get some other time away I am either at the range shooting, the other range shooting trap or wrenching on a car. I have become fairly boring as I have gotten older. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Cooking 

Wine

Motorcycles

Music

Building Stuff

Target Shooting

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

I agree with the above who said as you age, your hobbies change. I am 55 now, so the biking I do is less vertical hills and more flat trails.  I play many musical instruments since I’m a band director,
but lately what’s really got my creative juice going is photography. I mostly shoot landscapes, and golf courses are some of my favorites. 

Titleist Tsi3/Ts2 woods and hybrids

Titlesit AP3 irons

Clevland CBX wedges

Taylormade mallet or Odyssey White Hot center shaft putter. Depends on the day

Great topic!!  I've always enjoyed cooking however that interest  increased when I bought my smoker.  The next purchase will be the pellet flat top grill.  My other hobbies are ham radio and astronomy, both can be very expensive.  I'm workingn on getting into astrophotography because I don't need my money when I leave this physical world. 🤣  I tell my wife it's better than going to a bar every night, although the liquor cabinet is filling up with bourbon. 🙄🥃

Gym, Tan, Golf.....

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

My hobbies have stayed the same most of my life, but depending on weather and how much I'm spending on each one they've gone up or down in prominence. Besides golf one to three times a week spring through fall, the other ones are:

• cycling - gravel grinder and mountain bike
  • cars - 87 Camaro Iroc Z and a 93 Saab 9000, plus maintenance on my other vehicles
  • animals - dog, donkeys, chickens, goats on a small hobby farm
  • target shooting - rifles and pistols

Bag Boy Sparta XL

Cleveland Launcher HB

Mizuno ST-180 3 Wood

Srixon Z H65 3H

Ping G410 4i

Callaway Razr X HL 5-PW

Cleveland CBX2 50, 56

Maltby 60

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 4 Putter

1.  Travel the world with my wife.  Have two trips planned to Europe this year.      

2.  Collect fine art. 

3.  Different genres of music and have extensive collection. Condensed on USB drives.  Can always grab and take with me on trips in SUV. 

4.  Watching old westerns. 

5.  Dachshunds.  Recently had to let ours go after 17.5 years.  Contemplating getting another at my age, 77.  She was our fourth in our 47 years of marriage.  The one before her lived 14.5 years.  We have had good luck with little girl doxies.   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Golf season is no longer than seven months in Michigan so you have to have other hobbies to stay sane.  January and February are the worst, with only hiking deer and turkey hunting grounds or maybe ice fishing if there is any ice.  March is ugly also, but had a few 70 degree warm spells and actually got 36 holes in this year.  April is usually when most courses start to open. (weather permitting, is ugly this week, snow flurries possible, but maybe 60's next week!)  And I will hunt Turkey from late April and into May depending on when/if I get one.

My golf leagues will start weather permitting last week of April, and I will get as much golf in as the wife will allow all summer and into fall.  Will get some camping in during the summer also, and if my daughter, son--in-law and grandsons camp with us my son-in-law and I will play a course nearby.

In the fall and winter I will golf until it gets too cold.  I will hunt turkey and deer with bow, and gun if necessary, but bow is more satisfying.  

PING G410 Driver and 3 metal, Callaway Hybrids, Cobra F7 irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty Cameron Phantom X7.5

Outside of golf, my main hobby would be archery. I love hunting whitetails, and during the summer I am part of a shooting league myself and another friend organized back in 2015 when we moved to Reedsburg. We shoot on Mondays and rotate between 4 different locations, with someone designated for bringing/cooking food for the group each week. It culminates in a shootout the week before bow season opens and a champ is crowned who then receives a traveling trophy to hold for the year. 

Other hobbies are spending time with my family at my in-laws cabin on the lake, fishing, and then our day to day activities as well. 

I am also getting back into the coaching realm this summer as our oldest will be in his first season of sanctioned Little League. I coached high school basketball for 5 years here in Reedsburg and loved it, but stepped away after our youngest was born. That last season was a lot for my wife to handle as he was born in the middle of the season and our oldest was two at the time. I am excited to get back into it, even if it is 7 & 8 year olds lol. 

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review