Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What type of strangers do you like to get hooked up with?

Dockout

Not sure if this is a redundant question so excuse me if it is. I recently walked on to play and was hooked up with 3 strangers. They were 69, 70 and 72 years of age so at 40 years old myself, I was the "kid" in the group. I haven't had that much fun in quite some time. Three gentlemen with great stories about life, enjoyed the game, good pace of play and courteous with the course as well as the integrity of the game. I'm sort of an old soul so I think I enjoy playing with people that have been there and done it if you know what I mean. To be clear, I love golfing with anyone that is laid back and has fun without being the course "party animal" but the guys fairly older than me are a ton of fun. So the question is, if you could pick 3 strangers to hook up with on the course, what type of player/person would be ideal? Or do you not care?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

One of my favorite rounds ever was when I snuck in 18 while I got my windows tinted. I hopped on Golf Now, found a deal, and got dropped off at the course. I got paired up with 2 other solo players as well and it was an absolute blast. They were great guys to play with, talk with, and kept the place flowing.

The three of us were at three different stages of life and had the different play styles. 10/10 would do it again.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I was a 65 year olad retired widow, and got paired with 2 50ish but well preserved slim, blond widows.

We played a slow round, having more fun looking for balls then actually hitting them, feel free to read between the lines.

It was a slow day, a nice afternoon and we let 3 groups play through. None of us were in any hurry to finish.

After the round it was drinks on the deck, and we made plans to get together again, together and separately.

Dinner was delightful, and we all went to Susan's place for a nightcap.

That was my best ever quick hook up on the golf course. If geography wasn't an issue, I have no doubt that we'd all play again.

I guess women are my favorite type of players to get hooked up with.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Not sure if this is a redundant question so excuse me if it is. I recently walked on to play and was hooked up with 3 strangers. They were 69, 70 and 72 years of age so at 40 years old myself, I was the "kid" in the group. I haven't had that much fun in quite some time. Three gentlemen with great stories about life, enjoyed the game, good pace of play and courteous with the course as well as the integrity of the game. I'm sort of an old soul so I think I enjoy playing with people that have been there and done it if you know what I mean. To be clear, I love golfing with anyone that is laid back and has fun without being the course "party animal" but the guys fairly older than me are a ton of fun. So the question is, if you could pick 3 strangers to hook up with on the course, what type of player/person would be ideal? Or do you not care?

That sounds like fun, I like that kind of group, good pace, good sense of humor, and a solid respect for the integrity of the game.

Joke answer: Those who are willing to hook up with me... ;)

Real Answer: Just about anyone, if it's my home course I love being paired with people who don't know it so I can help them around, forecaddie a bit, and just learn more about them as people and golfers. We are an interesting sort us golfers and we should strive to know each other to potentially make connections that could last.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I'll play with just about anybody.  I've gone out as a single many times (mainly on vacation) and I've been paired up with some great guys.  There's also been some that have been not so pleasant, but for the most part, almost everybody has been great.  The guys I play with on a weekly basis average about 30 years older than me, so age doesn't even bother me when I'm playing.  Most of the time I can get along with the older generation better than I can the younger.  I've had a group or two that didn't really welcome me when I was added as a fourth to their 3-some, and I can kind of understand when they typically have their own group, but it didn't make it much fun for me.  

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

I echo the sentiments already stated- respect for and enjoyment of the game, appreciating one another's company, and a good laugh (without being stupid) and the ability to laugh at oneself- those are I think the basics of a good group!

Age doesn't matter as much as attitude- and respect, given and received, to both the game and the others in your company, are also important.  I have been paired with "Ma and Pa Kettle" (my wife named them, not me) who played slowly (5 hour round at Silverado), argued about the game, were generally unhappy with the course, their shots, and worst of all, he was cheating - giving himself a bogey on a par 4 where he clearly took two shots to get close to the green, chipped on and two putted to about 4 feet and gave himself the putt... his wife was trying as hard as she could to keep up, but counting every shot she was scoring 7's and 8's (and clearly not counting or recognized it was not worth counting his).  

Funny story about being paired up with strangers- I was on the Course at Ft Campbell, KY- being an Army Captain stationed there, and actually having a Saturday off, I decided to play golf and blow off some steam... well, I get paired with an older gentleman who is both a decent stick (I was not that good -still not but at least consistent now)- and very understanding! 

After several poor shots on my part, and running thru most every one of those words you don't want to hear your children ever say... we arrived at the 4th or 5th tee box, an uphill par 3, where the group ahead was still on the green.  This pause gave us time to get a bit more acquainted- he asked (knowingly) if I was stationed at Ft Campbell-

Yes, I said and asked him whether he was from around the area.  He told me yes, he was from Hopkinsville, a town just outside the gates of the Fort.  I followed with "and what is it that you do when you are not chasing little white golf balls around the course?"  

To which he responded - "Oh, I am a Baptist Minister..." 

There was a significant pause, and I was both embarrassed and quiet for several holes thereafter!!!  - Although I think he took some pleasure in my discomfort and embarrassment! 

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Every time I read topic of this thread, my mind goes in the gutter.

So my answer is “the pretty ones”.

For Golf, I don't care who I get put in a group with, I like to chat and I've been told that I don't know any strangers. So anyone is ok with me.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

People that are laid back and cool...like me.  :D  B)

And if they swear a bit, it helps. (The guys here that have played with me know what I'm talking about)

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm pretty laid back so I'm easy to get along with most folks.  In fact I have met some awesome friends by random pairings on the first tee.   I've also met several friends from the golf forum world that I call family.  It's amazing how you can make friends on the golf forums and end up with life time buddies.  I don't really care how young or old you are because at the end of the day, it's all about sharing some fun in a game we enjoy.  Well most time we enjoy it.....   ;)  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Anyone who respects the game, has proper etiquette, plays ready golf and can carry on a conversation. Those are my only requirements. 

However, I usually get paired up with the guy who shoots 95, gives me (scratch golfer) tips on what I did wrong when I missed that 30ft putt for eagle, tells me every personal detail about himself, retired, and wouldn't break the 4 hr barrier if he played by himself while riding in a cart. Sprinkle in some racist/sexist jokes and that's my common pairing partner. Shoot me in the face!!!

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I get along with pretty much everyone so I'll play with a plus to a 36+. I'm there to enjoy the course and play my own game. I would prefer if the people I get paired with know some basic etiquette, ie not walking on my putting line, talking during swings, keeping up pace of play, but if they don't that's OK too so maybe some basic instruction may be needed. Golf brings diverse people together to have fun..

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I'll play with just about anybody.  I've gone out as a single many times (mainly on vacation) and I've been paired up with some great guys.  There's also been some that have been not so pleasant, but for the most part, almost everybody has been great.  The guys I play with on a weekly basis average about 30 years older than me, so age doesn't even bother me when I'm playing.  Most of the time I can get along with the older generation better than I can the younger.  I've had a group or two that didn't really welcome me when I was added as a fourth to their 3-some, and I can kind of understand when they typically have their own group, but it didn't make it much fun for me.  

hahaha  It's interesting that when I am not playing with my usual group of 70 year olds, my wife and I get paired with guys about 30 years younger than me. We have met some great guys, and some times we actually get paired with them again.  They all hit the ball a lot further than I do, but they score about 10-20 shots worse than I do.  It doesn't bother me, as long as they aren't slow about it.  I think sometimes those guys get a little intimidated by an old guy and his "not-quite-as-old" wife scoring better than they do.  I look at it as part of their life training.  ;)

There have been a few times when my wife and I have been paired with couples and either one or both of them are beginner, beginners.  A couple of months ago  on the first tee the guy was giving his wife/girlfriend instructions; she had never played on a course before. They were very nice and my wife tried to help her on a couple of shots, but clearly they were uncomfortable playing with us, and I tend to get frustrated easily.  After the first hole we were more than a hole behind, so we suggested it might be better if we went on ahead. They are happy to agree. Many beginners show up at our muni after twilight hours start to save money, so we tend to avoid that time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Not that picky. Any age or gender (I just need to throttle my language a bit if female) that are friendly and understand to keep it moving. Want to talk that's great but just not to the extent to slow the game down. Don't care if you're a scratch or 24 hdp.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Not picky as long as they're decent people. I hate the guy that thinks he's the tour pro and is just rude and stressful to play with.  Best rounds (well most fun) I had last year were with people who were just out there to play golf for fun, crack jokes and have a beer, I played better because I was so relaced

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

We've all play a round or two with guys who claim that usually they make the turn under 40 except for that round.

Personally, I like any of these, there are in no particular order:

Golfers who's shooting their career round. The energy is infectious.

Chilin' type who's there to enjoy the day in the sun.

Ex-LEO or ex military are fun especially when they started sharing some stories.

Father and son or father and daughter they are always fun to play with.

Good players especially the shorter hitter, every time I play with them I learn valuable tips & tricks.

Recently, I've been playing really well with the loud mouth high handicap guru that likes to give swings analysis to everyone

Wish I could categorize the types of people I like to play with since its a 'I know when I see it' type of approach. My son and I played (not very well) in a turkey scramble today with two others. Both were better than either one of us. The best of the two was easy going fun and we joked around. The second was very intense and a dud to play with. He was better than us just no personality.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Wish I could categorize the types of people I like to play with since its a 'I know when I see it' type of approach. My son and I played (not very well) in a turkey scramble today with two others. Both were better than either one of us. The best of the two was easy going fun and we joked around. The second was very intense and a dud to play with. He was better than us just no personality.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

It's hard to categorize, it either works or it doesn't. I've had guys that that hooked up for a round I thought were OK but others in the group didn't care for them and it's worked in reverse.

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a fun experience yesterday at Palm in Disney. My son and I got paired with an older retired woman and it could not have been more fun. She and my son played off the same tees and hit it about the same distance which was good for pace of play. She told me midway through the round that she was dreading it when I said I was playing back because in her experience most people couldn't handle the tees. We talked life, golf and Disney for the entire round. Really was a fun day. The highlight of the day for me was when she was talking about her career as an officer in the US Army and my son took his hat off and gave her a firm handshake and said thank you for your service to our country. That quickly went from a handshake to a hug.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I had a fun experience yesterday at Palm in Disney. My son and I got paired with an older retired woman and it could not have been more fun. She and my son played off the same tees and hit it about the same distance which was good for pace of play. She told me midway through the round that she was dreading it when I said I was playing back because in her experience most people couldn't handle the tees. We talked life, golf and Disney for the entire round. Really was a fun day. The highlight of the day for me was when she was talking about her career as an officer in the US Army and my son took his hat off and gave her a firm handshake and said thank you for your service to our country. That quickly went from a handshake to a hug.

We like your son, brought up well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I've never been paired with anyone I didn't at least “know of”. If I go outside my club it's a foursome that we've planned. At my club I've played with almost every member there. Everyone from in their 80s to teenagers, plus handicapers to -20. Only 2 people I didn't enjoy playing with. Both were in my clubs invitational. One of them had questionable ethics and the other EXTREMELY slow pace of play. So as long as you keep the pace going and have respect for the game, you're my type of person to play with.

CobraConnectChallenge3

We like your son, brought up well.

Trying to do my best for him.

And thank you

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Trying to do my best for him.

And thank you

Sounds like you guys are going a great job!

Rick

Left Hand, 

The older guys are always a lot of fun to get grouped with. They just want to have fun and they move quick. Really as long as someone who just enjoys playing and doesn't take it to serious are the people I enjoy playing with.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Don't care what your handicap is; be fun & have fun. Please don't give me advice, unless you're my pro (MotorCityKitty). Other than that, let's enjoy some golf!!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Don't care what your handicap is; be fun & have fun. Please don't give me advice, unless you're my pro (MotorCityKitty). Other than that, let's enjoy some golf!!

The bright side is I've played with a lot more really nice people than with duds.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I would give you advice... Have a beer lol... That seems to the consensus just have fun, don't be rude, and have fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Once in a Twin Cities Golf even they paired me up with a 21 year old college golfer. She had a long smooth swing, that was a lot of fun. My then girlfriend now wife was not the biggest fan of that grouping though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Archived