Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Brandel Chamblee erk list

BigtazzGolf

I sit here watching these guys on golf channel and wonder why Chamblee erks me so.

I'll start with his know it all but done nothing vibe.

He tries to use fancy words to make himself look intelligent. Ugh that really gets me lol

So what are your reasons and if in Twitter, has he blocked you yet?

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I'm jealous of him. He's parlayed a next to nothing career into a great gig.

There I was honest. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Sorry but I loath Chamblee, I have now found myself changing the channel when he is on, I love everyone else and specially love when someone like Duval challenges him or disagrees, honestly he is a tool and I'd hate to be paired with him for 18 holes, and normally I get along with most.

I lost the golf channel when we cut the cord a couple years ago. Every so often I think that I miss it, but then I remember that Chamblee is on the golf channel. Then I feel better.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

"irk"

But, yeah, I agree. His best accomplishment was marrying that hot babe half his age.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

He is such a duma$$. Some of the things he says make him look retarded. Jonney Miller and brandel both annoy me.. at least Jonney has done something ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I honestly believe it's the networks they work for. Before they go on they tell him “alright time for idiot Brandel to come out” every sport has them. They usually don't say anything stupid for a couple weeks but then they say something controversial to get everyone going. Good looking wife he's got

Maybe, just maybe he is being paid to be that way?

My Weapons of Grass Destruction 🏌️‍♂️

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5* Hzrdus Smoke S

:titelist-small: 917F2 15* Diamana Blue 70 S

:titelist-small: 818H1 19* Evenflow Blue 85HY S

:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4-P AMT White S300

:vokey-small: SM7 50.12 F bent 1* weak, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M - S200

:odyssey-small: Black Series 3

RH - Ontario 🇨🇦 and Ohio 🇺🇸

Avg. score 85-92

"irk"

But, yeah, I agree. His best accomplishment was marrying that hot babe half his age.

Just had to google that as I dont know him or her..........

two words.....Oh Mama!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I can't watch golf channel is he is on. I wish nbcwiukd dump him and Johnny miller. I would rather listen to duval and mix in Justin Leonard. Like was mentioned his smugness after a “he played golf” career is extremely irritating

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I don't feel the same way some of you do. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do his job. In fact I'd be pretty bad at it in spite of me thinking I know a lot about golf. I don't. Especially at the Tour level. He's paid to do what he does. Be opinionated. Sometimes I disagree with him too. But, which one of you guys think you'd be better? Overall I think he and the rest of the GC crew do a good job and I'm glad there is a Golf Channel.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Does anyone remember Howard Cosell?  Perhaps the most hated man on TV when he was on Monday Night Football, but people tuned in to hate him live.  Chamblee is doing his job, stating his opinions, willing to be something other than a yes-man for the PGA tour, at least at times.  I'm guessing that as much as some folks hate him, more people tune in because he's on the air.  And like plaidjacket says, he sure knows a hell of a lot more about golf, especially at the Tour level, than I ever will.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Dude doesn't bother me at all for one reason: he's not jocking everyone on Tour. He's allowed to speak his mind, which isn't allowed much anymore. Just because he contradicts the “tide” of current golf teaching doesn't mean he's wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I feel he has some interesting insight but like others have said, he doesn't have the resume.  Far from me to be able to critique anyone that has played golf professionally but he does have a little smugness about him, which makes me not proud he is a Texan.  I usually find something else to do when he starts chiming in...like find when Lauren Thompson is going to be on next. 

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

Man. Why all the Chamblee hate in here?

For me it's just the delivery. There is sort of an "I have all the answers" sanctimony that rubs me the wrong way. Obv Golf Channel thinks it's good business to have a commentor people react strongly to, whether it's positively or negatively. Most media companies have similar talking head types for the same reason

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Only watch Golf Channel occasionally but don't have much issue with Chamblee.  He has won multiple professional tournaments so he must know something about what he is talking about.  A different perspective from others is never a bad thing.  It gives us something to think about.  I never have a problem with someone having opinions other than mine as long as they have taken the time to think through the situation and have some sound reasoning to back up their thoughts.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

Don't have an issue with Chamblee.  It is like all sports talk kind of shows,  someone takes the "negative" perspective because it generates ratings.   Listened to a podcast that had him on for an hour and it sounds like he does his homework and knows about the game and provides his opinion.   

Not a fan of Miller or Strange though.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm jealous of him. He's parlayed a next to nothing career into a great gig.

There I was honest. :)

I agree.Many peeps always tend to show jealousy towards guys that are successful.

Keep it in the short stuff

Does anyone remember Howard Cosell? Perhaps the most hated man on TV when he was on Monday Night Football, but people tuned in to hate him live. Chamblee is doing his job, stating his opinions, willing to be something other than a yes-man for the PGA tour, at least at times. I'm guessing that as much as some folks hate him, more people tune in because he's on the air. And like plaidjacket says, he sure knows a hell of a lot more about golf, especially at the Tour level, than I ever will.

I thought exactly this and while my original post was a bit tongue in cheek I have noticed a pattern of late - successful people are often disliked.

He's a successful person. Clearly his employer is pleased with his work.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Slightly off topic... sorry.

Did anyone see Nobilo poke his finger on Faldo's arm and Faldo's "did you just touch my green jacket" look?  Fabulous!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I thought exactly this and while my original post was a bit tongue in cheek I have noticed a pattern of late - successful people are often disliked.

He's a successful person. Clearly his employer is pleased with his work.

I endorse your post as our friends across the pond would say-spot on.    Jealousy can be a cloak not worn well by some.   Your final statement sums it up rather well in my opinion.   The Golf Channel is an entertainment source living on advertising revenues related to the level of viewership.   It typically finds a way to mention Tiger regardless of his participation in any given event because he moves the needle regardless.   Perhaps, similarly, it perceives that Chamblee moves the needle in its commentary segments.   Some will watch because they like him, others will watch because they hate him.   The common factor to TGC is that both are watching.   

I hear all yall but myself I'm not jealous he just gets under my skin in how he talks about tour players. Johnny Miller does the same but he has the resume to give him some background to back it up. I often wonder what Duval and frank think sometimes while on the show lol

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

OK, but you have to keep in mind that you don't have to be able to do something to know how it should be done. A solid resume of success at something certainly helps with credibility, but you don't have to be great at it in order to critique it.

How many swing coaches are better players than the pros they work with? I'm guessing not many. Movie critics better at directing or acting? Dick Vitale wasn't close to being the coach or player that most of the guys he critiques are.

I get that the way Chamblee comes across can grate on people, me included, but just because you don't like what he says or how he says it doesn't mean he's wrong. (Nor am I implying that I think he's always right.)

I hear all yall but myself I'm not jealous he just gets under my skin in how he talks about tour players. Johnny Miller does the same but he has the resume to give him some background to back it up. I often wonder what Duval and frank think sometimes while on the show lol

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

A solid resume of success at something certainly helps with credibility, but you don't have to be great at it in order to critique it.

I think that's the point that Big Tazz is trying to make here. If we're supposed to take Brandel as a credible authority on players, he better have something to back it up. He really doesn't.

However, as someone who studied journalism and worked in the field before law school, I would agree that the shifting mood in punditry does have an effect. When ESPN decided to do their First Take "Embrace Debate" and ride it too good ratings (and hefty salaries) for Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith, it did not go unnoticed by others in the media and those in charge of channels. How better to control the narrative and be at the forefront of your sport than by offering highly controversial takes at a louder volume than everyone else? Does some of what Brandel says have value? Of course it does, I think he's decent on the swing and has good anecdotes from time to time, but with everything else swirling around him, it's easy to drown that out.

I'd also say this to those trying to make the Cosell point from page one. The major difference is that Howard Cosell had a wealth of charisma and an entertaining sparring partner in Ali to build his brand, Chamblee is hurling hot takes into the void hoping something sticks without that charisma that make Howard so lovable to his fans and hateable to his detractors.

In all, I find Brandel pretty easy to ignore. He doesn't do much for me, but I can understand both sides of the debate on him. If there was ever a 'your mileage may vary' type person in golf, he'd be near the top of the list.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I get what you're saying, I just think it's easy to say that someone doesn't know what they're talking about just because they weren't as good as you'd like them to have been. Ability doesn't equal knowledge and knowledge doesn't equal ability, especially in athletics.

I'm with you on listening to Chamblee. I can take him or leave him, and I'm not big into the "hot takes'' just for the purpose of being controversial. I just think discounting what he says because he only had one win on tour might maKe you miss a valid point.

I don't care for his delivery or his perceived desire to be controversial, but his resume doesn't automatically make him wrong.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I get what you're saying, I just think it's easy to say that someone doesn't know what they're talking about just because they weren't as good as you'd like them to have been. Ability doesn't equal knowledge and knowledge doesn't equal ability, especially in athletics.

I'm with you on listening to Chamblee. I can take him or leave him, and I'm not big into the "hot takes'' just for the purpose of being controversial. I just think discounting what he says because he only had one win on tour might maKe you miss a valid point.

I don't care for his delivery or his perceived desire to be controversial, but his resume doesn't automatically make him wrong.

Oh, I'm with you on most of that. I'm just stating the opinion, and maybe putting words into other's mouths, which is not my intention but I understand that may happen here, that in order for someone to be taken more seriously by a viewer as an analyst, having a staunch resume can only help in that department.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Archived