Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×

GolfNow and Rory McIlroy have teamed to bring golf fans a one-of-a-kind, subscription program called GolfPass. Seems to be a new program which replaces GolfNow VIP, Revolution Golf+ and Golf Odyssey.

$10 monthly, $100 Annually or $200 Annually for GOLFPASS+. 

Full terms and conditions are HERE

GOLFPASS Monthly benefits are:

• One free round of golf every month  (DETAILS BELOW)
  • Exclusive shows and videos
  • GOLF Channel fan favorites, including Feherty
  • 400+ hours of instruction
  • Custom coaching plans from top instructors
  • Member-exclusive pricing
  • Free domestic shipping on all Revolution GOLF orders
  • $100 travel credit at popular golf resorts
  • Exclusive member support

Annual GOLFPASS members also get:  One dozen TaylorMade Project (a) golf balls. If you have a friendly golf shop they might let you trade-up.

GOLFPASS+ members also get:

• Waived convenience fees on GOLFNOW tee times
  • Cancellation protection on GOLFNOW tee times
  • Earn free golf faster on GOLFNOW

Here are the details of the "Free Round":

one (1) Hot Deal* tee time of any value** (for one (1) golfer only), playable Monday through Thursday after 12:00 p.m. only. PLAY Promo Codes will be sent via email to the email address associated with Your account and will expire three hundred and sixty-five (365) days after the date in which it is issued and cannot be extended. However, in the event You cancel Your GOLFPASS membership, all unused PLAY Promo Codes will become null and void ninety (90) days from the date of cancellation.  EXCLUDED COURSES (The excluded courses are NOT all great courses. One is an executive course near me that normally goes for $25).

If you are a regular user of WEEKDAY AFTERNOON Hot Deals it seems like this would be a no-brainer.

Might give it a trial run for a couple of months.

What do others think of GOLFPASS?

Edited by Jim418

Another gimmick to suck me dry of my money.  Not interested.

The biggest rub is that most of the courses in my area don't use GolfNow, so I would only be able to use it when I travel, which is next to never.

I have the same problem with any golf product that tries to help you find tee times and other deals for golf in your area.  Small metro areas like Tallahassee are not conducive to taking advantage of national campaigns, et al. like this.  Maybe if I lived in a bigger city like Orlando or Tampa it would be a great thing to sign up for.  But unfortunately us country rural folks will continue to be left out of things like this.

I'm in Sarasota for the winter and use GolfNow a lot for rounds down here. There are some courses in the area where Hot Deals are still $70+, so it seems useful to me for those months.

But you're right that if there aren't a lot of GolfNow courses in your area, this part of the deal is low-value. 

I was really hoping this would have been a Golf Channel streaming service. I don’t want 568 other channels of BS.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2019 at 12:53 PM, Shankster said:

I was really hoping this would have been a Golf Channel streaming service. I don’t want 568 other channels of BS.

In terms of instruction? Or are you looking for live coverage?

In terms of instruction? Or are you looking for live coverage?

Live coverage. I wish there was a golf channel service. That included the EuropeanTour without having a TV service.

It’s 2019, someone has to figure out that no one wants cable anymore.

10 hours ago, Shankster said:

Live coverage. I wish there was a golf channel service. That included the EuropeanTour without having a TV service.

That's one of the reasons we went with Sling. However, I did have to purchase their sports package for the additional $5. a month to get the GC. That means I have a 1/2 doz other sports channels I never watch. 

• Like 1

That's one of the reasons we went with Sling. However, I did have to purchase their sports package for the additional $5. a month to get the GC. That means I have a 1/2 doz other sports channels I never watch. 

Tried Sling, dtvnow, Hulu live but all I was using it for was the golf channel and espn during football seasons. Can’t justify the 25$+ a month to watch golf.

For San Diego there is enough competition from teeoff.com and JC golf for the non-private courses, as well as Torrey Pines & Balboa if you are a resident. Maybe they have more of a monopoly on different golf markets (we are definitely spoiled with options here) to make the fee savings worth it, but that would be a hard pass from me, and I would imagine anyone in this area that works M-F. Why not expand the free round benefit for the + membership option?

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Tried Sling, dtvnow, Hulu live but all I was using it for was the golf channel and espn during football seasons. Can’t justify the 25$+ a month to watch golf.

That makes sense if you're only using it for golf. . Sling is our substitute for cable. so we were still saving about $40. a month. 

NBCSports golf gold package isn’t bad. But I don’t know if you’ll get euro tour.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

NBCSports golf gold package isn’t bad. But I don’t know if you’ll get euro tour.

Not bad. I’m watching it now. It could be 300% better.

We have Paradise golf in the Tampa Bay Area - I paid $100 for the winter iteration - besides the discounts at some very good courses it came with a free round at an Innisbrook Course and at the Eagles - that’s $160.

I’m playing courses that normally go for $75 at this time of the year for under $50. $49 for TPC (it’s north of $100).

Between it and my Clergy membership at Bayou I’m doing pretty well. My last 3 rounds have been at St Pete Country Club, Isla Del Sol and Innisbrook and I haven’t taken $70 out of pocket.

You can’t get on any of those courses in the winter through Golf Now.

I'm fortunate in the Metro-Detroit area that many courses are on GolfNow.  I was a VIP member with GolfNow because I didn't have to pay booking fees.  I use GolfNow so often that the cost for the VIP membership paid for itself with the savings on booking fees. 

The VIP has rolled over into the GOLFPASS program.  I haven't fully explored the instructional videos or other "perks" offered in the service.  I'm interested in seeing how much benefit I receive from it and if I need to alter how I pay and use the service.

When it stops snowing and being overall crappy weather here, I'll play around with the program and let everyone know my $.02.