Our Sponsors

Yeah, I have zero interest in spending $2000 on getting numbers that are “close” to realistic. The purpose of a “simulator”, to me, is to get accuracy in my numbers so when I go play I know my distances. It doesn’t do me any good to use these then have different distances I’m hitting shots on-course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

23 hours ago, PMookie said:

The purpose of a “simulator”, to me, is to get accuracy

Simulated accuracy? 🤔

Ha. I understand what you're saying. Honestly though; anything other than a top of the line "pro" model is a toy IMO. Sure, these low end models would be fun and entertaining especially for those where outdoor golf is not doable during the winter. I get that. I might do the same thing if I were in your shoes. However, there's a possibility that we purchase or lease? a top end model LM next year when we open our range - course; but - we'll monetize the thing and use it for fittings and or fee based individual use. From our perspective that's the only way they make sense. If even then.

• Like 3

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Read somewhere recently that the new "+" model...
- does not require stickers on the ball;
- does require sitting 8 feet behind the ball and "seeing" at least 8 feet of ball flight.
So a garage setup might be difficult..?

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

This is good if you need things like angle of attack and the other 7 stats that the + offers that the OG mevo doesn't. Also, if you have paypal credit you should be able to get this for 6 months interest free financing. That's usually what I do for my bigger golf purchases.

With that being said, I'm most likely going to get the + come fall. I may be trying out for my university's team and would like to be able to really 'dial-in' my practice routine.

Driver:  F9 Tour length Atmos Black 7
3W/5W:  F9 Tour, 15*/19* HZRDUS Smoke 7
4H:  Ping G400 RIP Alpha 85
5-AW: Sub70 699 Pro (in testing)
SW:  Taylormade MG 2 55/ 13
LW:  Taylormade MG 2 60/10
Putter:  Ping ZB Vault 2.0/ Taylormade TP Soto
Bag:  Hoofer Lite
Ball:  OnCore Elixir

I haven't seen any real reviews anywhere. Looking forward to seeing actual first hand info on how well it works. If I can use it on the range and then indoors as a Sim, I'm down. But as we all know, promises and claims don't always come through.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

On 3/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, dhartmann34 said:

I haven't seen any real reviews anywhere. Looking forward to seeing actual first hand info on how well it works. If I can use it on the range and then indoors as a Sim, I'm down. But as we all know, promises and claims don't always come through.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Check out this page on YouTube "Golf Simulator Videos". He's been creating a bunch of videos showing his at home use simulator using the Mevo +. I've also been looking into the Mevo+ myself for an at home sim. I also had our local club pro go check it out at the PGA show and he said it looked pretty good in person. 

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra F9 w/VA Composites Drago X75

Fairway: TaylorMade M3 17* w/X7000 Novatech

Hybrid: Taylormade Pudi 2* w/Project X HZRDUS 

Irons: Mizuno MP18 MB 7-PW & SC 4-6 w/KBS C-Taper 120S

Wedges: - Callaway Jaws - 50*/54*/58* 

Putter: - Scotty Cameron Phantom 7

Ball: Titleist ProV1x