GolfSpy STUDque

No Sports.... What ya watching?

Our Sponsors

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Just started watching Tiger King on Netflix... I can't believe this crap is real!

I listened to the podcast a couple months ago.... crazy crazy story.  started watching it on netflix and cannot believe they got this stuff on camera.

https://wondery.com/shows/joe-exotic/

• Like 1

Sports are still on, and CBS is broadcasting a TON of great games. Last night I watched Davidson’s first two rounds from 2008 where they just missed the Final Four, and this morning I watched UMBC be the first 16 seed to beat a 1 from two years ago when they HAMMERED Virginia by twenty!
Sports are on, you just gotta look around for them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I don't watch most sports anyway....but I am binge watching Amazon Prime, now.   

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I don't watch most sports anyway....but I am binge watching Amazon Prime, now.   

What are you binging?  I just signed up but haven't watched anything yet.  I signed up mainly to get things shipped directly to me, rather than running all over town trying to find something.  I want to support local stores, but they are putting themselves out of business.  Not worth the hassle anymore.

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

What are you binging?  I just signed up but haven't watched anything yet.  I signed up mainly to get things shipped directly to me, rather than running all over town trying to find something.  I want to support local stores, but they are putting themselves out of business.  Not worth the hassle anymore.

If you haven't watched anything yet, I suggest Bosch (detective series), Goliath (lawyer series).  Both are very good (although last season of Goliath wasn't all that good).  I just watched Red Oaks ( a 1980s coming of age comedy about a young guy working at a Country Club).  The Hunters is supposed to be good, but I haven't watched that one yet.  Jack Ryan is another option worth consideration (on my watch list)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Is it actually good? Watching the previews it just seems like a really bad 80's🤨 dream 

Depends what you qualify as "good." I'm not one for dramatic reality TV shows, but these people involved are.... interesting. It's like one really long Jerry Springer episode where you just can't believe what the next twist in the story is.

8 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I listened to the podcast a couple months ago.... crazy crazy story.  started watching it on netflix and cannot believe they got this stuff on camera.

https://wondery.com/shows/joe-exotic/

It's honestly an insane story. I still can't believe some of the stuff that these people did. And Carol... oh man the amount of delusional in that woman is unreal.

• Like 1

My wife’s 3 sisters spent two months with us so I have a DVR loaded with crime dramas(Blue Bloods, Swat, Chicago Med, Fire & PD, 68 Whisky, Deputy, Bull, Resident, etc).

• Like 2

Welp...it was only a matter of time...

IMG_5395.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My wife’s 3 sisters spent two months with us so I have a DVR loaded with crime dramas(Blue Bloods, Swat, Chicago Med, Fire & PD, 68 Whisky, Deputy, Bull, Resident, etc).

3 sisters for 3 months. I would need an intervention or serious professional help.
Better man than me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been going through and catching films. Waiting for April 8, when Parasite comes to Hulu. Also going through some of my old backlog.

Apologies if I missed this discussion, but do you think this Tiger/Phil/Brady/Manning match is actually going to happen?

I hope no. Terrible message for multi millionaires to play golf for more millions right now. Just my .02

Watching/listening to:

golf podcasts 

golf’s greatest rounds

round 1 of 2020 Players— over and over for some reason

frozen 1 & 2–Have 7 year old

90 day fiancée and my 600 pound life—have wife. Can’t believe I got sucked into this vortex of crap but I have. 

be safe all!

On 3/26/2020 at 2:28 PM, CarlH said:

If you haven't watched anything yet, I suggest Bosch (detective series), Goliath (lawyer series).  Both are very good (although last season of Goliath wasn't all that good).  I just watched Red Oaks ( a 1980s coming of age comedy about a young guy working at a Country Club).  The Hunters is supposed to be good, but I haven't watched that one yet.  Jack Ryan is another option worth consideration (on my watch list)

Jack Ryan is pretty darn good.  Enjoyed the first season and just haven't gotten around to the new season.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:36 PM, bens197 said:

Welp...it was only a matter of time...

IMG_5395.JPG

ha ha ha...that was me last week...like 14 times...Disney+ is a blessing...and a curse😆🤣😅

My family has been watching everything under the sun when I'm not teleworking or the kids doing online distance learning.  Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Tubi & IMDB (available through prime for a bunch of free movies (but with commercials)), plus showtime on cable.  Somehow, my wife was still bored so she ordered BroadwayHD so we've been watching some broadway shows🤦‍♂️.  My son is addicted to YouTube so he watches that and my daughter spends all of her time on her phone so probably ticktok...Our TV's and laptops/ipads are definitely getting a workout...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Not sure if you guys have Netflix or not but if you do check out The Kominsky Method.

Some of the *best* writing you'll see on television today and a Golden Globe winner - fantastic show...

https://www.netflix.com/title/80201680

Created by Chuck Lorre who also created and produced sitcoms including Grace Under Fire, Cybill, Dharma & Greg, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, Mom, Young Sheldon

Yeah, that whole Disney thing... We signed up with the grandkids being the main excuse but really we thought we’d catch up on the Disney classics.

Meh. There isn’t that much available and very little new showing up. I think we’ll cancel.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Started some serious reading again;

Rollins
Vince Flynn
Lee Child
Sanford
Baldacci
Robb
Connolly

And watching old WS & Super Bowls on MLB & NFL

Going to walk through all 4 of the ‘A Star is Born’ movies. Watched the 1930’s version last night. This appears to be very different from the later movies.

I thought there were only 3 versions but I was wrong. There’s a ‘60’s version with Judy Garland, then the 70’s version with Kristofferson & Streisand. And of course the latest with Bradley and Gaga.

It will be interesting to see how the story changes across the years.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1