2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

Message added by STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

7 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Just finished level two! Glad I saw this cause I’m going to the fitter today to have some things adjusted. Is there any issue with taking a couple weeks off between protocols?
Also when would you start to incorporate the super speed c?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@twyatt700 no problem taking a break after Level 2. When starting back up at Level 3 most people report their starting speed close to where they left off. If not it Ramos back up pretty quickly. 

The C club is good to add in Level 3 or 4. Before doing that however we would recommend testing yourself on the Advanced Speed Development protocols first when you get into Level 3. Add one of those first if needed before adding the C club 

• Like 3

Not really seeing any increased speed numbers after a few weeks at level 3, but that is expected.  I cannot wait to provide some Shotscope data to spice up this review a bit for your guys.

From what I have seen on the course, the driver distance is up for sure.  And the accuracy issues that I was dealing with at the beginning of training are virtually gone now.

I have noticed that my wedges and scoring irons aren't seeing any increase in distance, but I believe that issue is more due to dynamic loft more than anything else.

• Like 7

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 60D

:EVNROLL: ER1v #CustomER

:titelist-small: ProV1

7 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Not really seeing any increased speed numbers after a few weeks at level 3, but that is expected.  I cannot wait to provide some Shotscope data to spice up this review a bit for your guys.

From what I have seen on the course, the driver distance is up for sure.  And the accuracy issues that I was dealing with at the beginning of training are virtually gone now.

I have noticed that my wedges and scoring irons aren't seeing any increase in distance, but I believe that issue is more due to dynamic loft more than anything else.

Did you see wayward shots appear just at the very beginning of training, or at a level?  In my own case I was maybe a little off for my first round after starting Level 1, but last week I started Level 2 (adding in the ever popular kneeling swings) and I was really spraying it my last round...lots of blocks in particular.

I have plenty of factors to blame but I'm wondering if SuperSpeed was a partial culprit...

• Like 5

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Just now, Getoffmylawn said:

Did you see wayward shots appear just at the very beginning of training, or at a level?  In my own case I was maybe a little off for my first round after starting Level 1, but last week I started Level 2 (adding in the ever popular kneeling swings) and I was really spraying it my last round...lots of blocks in particular.

I have plenty of factors to blame but I'm wondering if SuperSpeed was a partial culprit...

It was right after starting Level 1.  Lots and lots of blocks for sure.  Haven't seen any issues popping up since starting Level 2

• Like 4

Tomorrow will be my last training session for Level 1. On Wednesday I’ll be going to Art Sellingers (Long Drive legend and current commentator on the WLD programming) shop to see my fitter.

We’ll be hitting driver on GCQuad to see where I’m at heading into Level 2!

Speaking of Level 2, here is what I’ll be doing:

IMG_6775.PNG.9bdb0159f33cd0f29234edd2b81e66be.PNG

Hoping to steadily increase and hopefully identify some possible areas of weakness to keep pushing the mph as high as it will go.

• Like 5

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

2 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Tomorrow will be my last training session for Level 1. On Wednesday I’ll be going to Art Sellingers (Long Drive legend and current commentator on the WLD programming) shop to se my fitter.

We’ll be hitting driver on GCQuad go see where I’m at heading into Level 2!

Speaking of Level 2, here is what I’ll be doing:

IMG_6775.PNG.9bdb0159f33cd0f29234edd2b81e66be.PNG

Hoping to steadily increase and hopefully identify some possible areas of weakness to keep pushing the mph as high as it will go.

Can't wait to hear how this fitting goes!

Regarding your pending Level 2 training, I'll ask the (maybe ignorant) question....why is your Level 2 so different from the training prescribed on the SuperSpeed site?  Unless I'm mistaken their Level 2 adds in kneeling swings rather than the heel stomp and double step.  Those are at Level 4, and at 5 reps.

I know you've been posting some very high speeds...is this a bit of a custom plan SuperSpeed has fleshed out for you?

• Like 5

Can't wait to hear how this fitting goes!

Regarding your pending Level 2 training, I'll ask the (maybe ignorant) question....why is your Level 2 so different from the training prescribed on the SuperSpeed site?  Unless I'm mistaken their Level 2 adds in kneeling swings rather than the heel stomp and double step.  Those are at Level 4, and at 5 reps.

I know you've been posting some very high speeds...is this a bit of a custom plan SuperSpeed has fleshed out for you?

I don’t know that I’ll do an actual fitting, I just want to see swing speed and ball speed on a top-tier device.

Good question about level 2 being different from the standard protocol. This comes as a result of my phone call with Kyle of SuperSpeed. We’ve been trying to diagnose whether it is a technique, mobility limitation, etc. that is holding me back from increasing my speeds. It is also possible that the PRGR unit is faulty. The last two sessions I had, I purposefully hit an extreme “cut” swing path and I recorded record speeds with the green stick normal and step change swings. Also hit 125mph with the driver (I couldn’t get it over 120mph for the longest time before and nowhere close to my max one-time speed of 130mph).

Kyle developed this version for me specifically to avoid kneeling swings (I had a back injury early in level 1 and the kneeling swings are the hardest of all the drills on the back and work the least on ground forces).

He is basically fast-tracking me ahead to the more advanced drills because I’m already fast and when you have speed already, sometimes it is very hard to get any more out of the tank.

Hope that answers your questions!

• Like 7

WITB:

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

2 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

I don’t know that I’ll do an actual fitting, I just want to see swing speed and ball speed on a top-tier device.

Good question about level 2 being different from the standard protocol. This comes as a result of my phone call with Kyle of SuperSpeed. We’ve been trying to diagnose whether it is a technique, mobility limitation, etc. that is holding me back from increasing my speeds. It is also possible that the PRGR unit is faulty. The last two sessions I had, I purposefully hit an extreme “cut” swing path and I recorded record speeds with the green stick normal and step change swings. Also hit 125mph with the driver (I couldn’t get it over 120mph for the longest time before and nowhere close to my max one-time speed of 130mph).

Kyle developed this version for me specifically to avoid kneeling swings (I had a back injury early in level 1 and the kneeling swings are the hardest of all the drills on the back and works the least on ground forces).

He is basically fast-tracking me ahead to the more advanced drills because I’m already fast and when you have speed already, sometimes it is very hard to get any more out of the tank.

It does, and thank you.  Says a lot of the customer service at SuperSpeed that they would spend this much time and effort to work with you too.  

Honestly I kind of wanted to make sure I wasn't looking at the wrong damn website or something!

• Like 3

It does, and thank you.  Says a lot of the customer service at SuperSpeed that they would spend this much time and effort to work with you too.  
Honestly I kind of wanted to make sure I wasn't looking at the wrong damn website or something!

100%. Their customer service is top-notch, best I’ve ever seen. They truly want their customers to use and benefit from their system. They said they do this for anyone who uses their system.

• Like 6

WITB:

27 minutes ago, ChasingScratch said:

Kyle developed this version for me specifically to avoid kneeling swings (I had a back injury early in level 1 and the kneeling swings are the hardest of all the drills on the back and work the least on ground forces).

Interesting.  Wonder if it’s something I should do since I’m not seeing any level 2 gains

• Like 3

Interesting.  Wonder if it’s something I should do since I’m not seeing any level 2 gains

Reach out to Kyle and he can help diagnose.

WITB:

3 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

100%. Their customer service is top-notch, best I’ve ever seen. They truly want their customers to use and benefit from their system. They said they do this for anyone who uses their system.

Absolutely!  I wasn't even an official tester in the 2018 batch, but jumped on the bandwagon after accidentally stumbling across the forum in December '18, and Daisy was kind enough to help me with several questions I had.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

Reach out to Kyle and he can help diagnose.

I was planning to reach out to Kyle, depending on what I saw tonight, but I learned something very valuable this evening - when it's hot and humid, I need to bite the bullet and do it shortly after I get home. I had been waiting until 8-8:30 and the results were terrible (after dinner and chill for a while). I thought I was going backwards. The weather was great today so did it early, with positive results, especially left-handed. Right-handed is still mostly stuck so I may reach out anyway. Maybe there is something mechanical that is just off a bit preventing any increases.

• Like 5

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

I was planning to reach out to Kyle, depending on what I saw tonight, but I learned something very valuable this evening - when it's hot and humid, I need to bite the bullet and do it shortly after I get home. I had been waiting until 8-8:30 and the results were terrible (after dinner and chill for a while). I thought I was going backwards. The weather was great today so did it early, with positive results, especially left-handed. Right-handed is still mostly stuck so I may reach out anyway. Maybe there is something mechanical that is just off a bit preventing any increases.

If I wait too late in the day it sucks as well. Just don’t have the energy the later it gets. If you don’t regularly exercise in the evening, your body is likely setting its internal clock to “wind down mode”, rather than “get freaking fast” mode.

• Like 5

WITB:

Wrapped up my shaft fitting yesterday and have decided to go back to a steel shaft from the graphite. Was playing a light catalyst 55 and now in a kbs max 80 reg. 5 mph plus additional ball speed and a grouping of shots that I’ve never seen before. My instructor/fitter remarked on the significant difference in speed and distance. A couple other fitters also remarked on how much speed I’ve gained. Walked out of the store feeling pretty positive.
I’ve gone from hitting my 7 iron 130 to 160 yards in a matter of a few months.

I’m not giving all the credit to this program , I’ve worked hard on fitness, endurance training and also lessons and swing practice. But this program certainly has helped.

• Like 7

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

4 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Wrapped up my shaft fitting yesterday and have decided to go back to a steel shaft from the graphite. Was playing a light catalyst 55 and now in a kbs max 80 reg. 5 mph plus additional ball speed and a grouping of shots that I’ve never seen before. My instructor/fitter remarked on the significant difference in speed and distance. A couple other fitters also remarked on how much speed I’ve gained. Walked out of the store feeling pretty positive.
I’ve gone from hitting my 7 iron 130 to 160 yards in a matter of a few months.

I’m not giving all the credit to this program , I’ve worked hard on fitness, endurance training and also lessons and swing practice. But this program certainly has helped.

Congrats, those are huge gains!

• Like 1

Level 1 completed!

Finished with a max driver swing of 126mph today (multiple times) and hit a green normal dominant side swing of 141mph again.

Tomorrow is my visit to my fitter so I'm interested to see what this looks like in real-time while hitting balls.

It feels so good to swing freely without fear of hurting my back again.  Can you imagine what Tiger was going through?  Insane...

IMG_6783.JPG

• Like 6

WITB:

2 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

Wrapped up my shaft fitting yesterday and have decided to go back to a steel shaft from the graphite. 

More of a curiosity questions,  but why the switch back to steel?  I am looking to go to the other way and switch from steel to graphite. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

More of a curiosity questions,  but why the switch back to steel?  I am looking to go to the other way and switch from steel to graphite. 

Dispersion , feel and flight. The dispersion circle on the gc quad at the fitting was super tight vs the other shaft. I tried the catalyst 65 graphite and it was good, but the steel just felt amazing. The fitter felt like with the potential of me continuing to get faster I also have some room to grow in these shafts.

Dispersion was amazing.

• Like 2

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe