GolfSpy STUDque

2020 Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Training System

GolfSpy STUDque

Follow our testers' progress live at the following Google Sheet: CLICK HERE

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Our Sponsors

57 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Dispersion , feel and flight. The dispersion circle on the gc quad at the fitting was super tight vs the other shaft. I tried the catalyst 65 graphite and it was good, but the steel just felt amazing. The fitter felt like with the potential of me continuing to get faster I also have some room to grow in these shafts.

Dispersion was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I know this is off topic but how many/what graphite shafts did you try?   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I can get you a list, going to my fitter tomorrow again. I tried the project x catalyst 65 and 75. There were at least 2 more. I was trying to keep track. I’ll get you more info.

• Like 2

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Been a bit since a update and I wont be doing a full update till after week 6 and I will combine weeks 5/6 together. However I have two smaller updates
First being I FOUND SOME SPEEED!
IMG_20200714_184700.jpg.284eff25c706448e9182bef1e48a3cb6.jpg
I honestly thought it was a mistake so I went again and nope hit 136, then moved to a new spot incase I was in a spot where grass or something got in the way and hit 137 again. Keep in mind this was with the green stick in the final max swings. So bottom line the speed is fast and its coming in full force!
Second was I got the PRGR launch monitor in from [mention=84467]SuperSpeed Golf[/mention] (thank you for shipping that out!) and for the sake of consistency I will be using the Swing Speed Radar for the remainder, but will also set up the PRGR to see the different. 
What I noticed wasn't too much, both were similar with a bit of variance in the PRGR, BUT it was my first time using it and still getting use to the setup and how it works. 
Have a couple rounds of golf booked for this week so we'll see how far some of these drives go! 

I see you Flash!

• Like 3

Instagram:  @_chasing_scratch

YouTube: Chasing Scratch

Facebook:  Chasing Scratch

:SuperSpeed: Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small: G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  Vokey SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4, 32.5", 1* loft

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Did someone mention hot and humid and wilting? Man I about died today doing my workout. Had nothing left at the end.

On a positive note I had a nice 7 yard jump in driver carry on the Rapsodo on Sunday. Averaged 227 carry on 10 drives - run out is always difficult to tell but I’m anxious to play on Friday afternoon and see where that leaves me.

This time of year carry is king down here. I’m launching it between 14.5 and 15.5 which is great. Solid LPGA like numbers - not bad. Not as consistent as them of course. I know better, been on the range with Brittany Lincicome enough.

She was a plus 4 playing from the tips at our club when she was a member - that’s playing from 7200 yards for those low single digit guys who think that moron who said a 4 handicap guy would shoot in the 60’s and compete playing from their tees.

Those ladies can golf their ball.

• Like 8

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Excited for my first round in over two weeks on Thursday and I’ll officially have my shotscope v3 with me to start distance tracking 
playing one of my home courses that I haven’t played since beginning super speed training  so I’m very familiar with where I normally am off the tee and excited to see if I give myself shorter approach shots  

Enjoy!

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I'm feeling guilty because I've been off of SuperSpeed for the past week because of our move to a new place. Should be back into it tomorrow! . 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I'm feeling guilty because I've been off of SuperSpeed for the past week because of our move to a new place. Should be back into it tomorrow! . 

Don’t feel bad, this is real life and how people go through the program. We miss days or even weeks
  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For those who have seen a fitter after stage 1, what kind of ball speed differences were you seeing?

• Like 1

WITB:

For those who have seen a fitter after stage 1, what kind of ball speed differences were you seeing?

I was at my iron fitting today, and just for giggles asked the fitter if I could hit a few with my driver - (pretext was maybe I might be considering a shaft change). Background: at my driver fitting May 2019, I was in the high 70's with one at 80. This year prior to Protocol 1 my starting SS was 76. Today the Trackman had me between 82-83 on ALL of my drives. This confirmed what I was seeing on the PRGR LM and numbers I've reported in this thread. I'm pretty happy with that kind of result in the short term. 90 mph isn't that far away.

Guess old guys can learn new tricks.

p.s. I'll be reporting shortly on my iron fitting and the check I wrote. I'm happier than a six year old the day after Thanksgiving - knowing Christmas aka, FedEx truck isn't that far off

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

18 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I was at my iron fitting today, and just for giggles asked the fitter if I could hit a few with my driver - (pretext was maybe I might be considering a shaft change). Background: at my driver fitting May 2019, I was in the high 70's with one at 80. This year prior to Protocol 1 my starting SS was 76. Today the Trackman had me between 82-83 on ALL of my drives. This confirmed what I was seeing on the PRGR LM and numbers I've reported in this thread. I'm pretty happy with that kind of result in the short term. 90 mph isn't that far away.

Guess old guys can learn new tricks.

p.s. I'll be reporting shortly on my iron fitting and the check I wrote. I'm happier than a six year old the day after Thanksgiving - knowing Christmas aka, FedEx truck isn't that far off emoji41.png

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Heyyyyy oh!!!!  That's awesome dude!!

• Like 3

WITB:

Posted (edited)

Just got home from my driver testing over at Sellinger's Power Golf on the GC Quad (industry standard for indoor fittings). 

The good, swing speed was definitely up from when I was fit last year.  I was hitting 123-124mph consistently.

The bad, my efficiency (smash factor) and offline were horrendous.  I'm talking push-fades from Hell Batman.  I just couldn't catch the face up to the path to save my life.

I was having smash factors down in the mid-to-high 1.3's.  When you swing it 124mph and you only carry it 280, something is definitely wrong.

I did hit a few good ones where I was trying to hook it, and did hit my last swing out to 353yds with a 326yd carry.

I'll be posting some video footage from it soon (the video sucked though, couldn't find enough space to fit into the frame fully, but I have an idea for next time).

Long story short, my goal of Rory McIlroy swing speed of +120mph = accomplished.  However, I need to get my efficiency waaaaaaay up to get to 180mph ball speed.

Since I was missing the middle and couldn't hit it on the planet, I tried slowing way down and was still hitting 300yds with what felt like a bunt swing.  It was not that much better with accuracy, but good to know I can swing it easy and still hit 115mph (a major benefit of speed training).

He did give me a Callaway XR 5* degree driver to try for fun.  That one turned my push-fades from Hell into 320+yd push fades from Hell LOL, but they were still off the planet. 

I was pushing off the right side very hard (a flaw of mine) that likely resulted in my body getting out ahead of my hands, thus leaving the face wide-open.  Need more practice to stop that move.

One thing was funny, we put the PRGR down as well to test against the GC Quad....  definitely something funky up with it.  The 1st or 2nd swing read my club head speed at 165mph! LOL

Edited by ChasingScratch
  • Like 6

WITB:

I have been concerned about lack of progress since very early on - initial jump (with driver) was good, but nothing has happened in the ensuing 8+ weeks now, especially with the green and red sticks. I have been frozen at 120 mph and 110 mph, respectively, since the first session. I also find it odd that my step-change swings are equal to, if not slightly less than my normal swings. I took video last night of normal and step-change swings with the green stick to upload and send to Kyle. I assume there has to be something mechanical preventing progress. The only thing I noticed, but don't really know if it would effect things dramatically is my left elbow is bending quite a bit near the top. I assume I started doing that when I started having back issues to get a "deeper" backswing without too much body rotation. Who knows, though?

• Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

7 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I have been concerned about lack of progress since very early on - initial jump (with driver) was good, but nothing has happened in the ensuing 8+ weeks now, especially with the green and red sticks. I have been frozen at 120 mph and 110 mph, respectively, since the first session. I also find it odd that my step-change swings are equal to, if not slightly less than my normal swings. I took video last night of normal and step-change swings with the green stick to upload and send to Kyle. I assume there has to be something mechanical preventing progress. The only thing I noticed, but don't really know if it would effect things dramatically is my left elbow is bending quite a bit near the top. I assume I started doing that when I started having back issues to get a "deeper" backswing without too much body rotation. Who knows, though?

I know there is a "plateau" or standstill if you will for a few weeks, are you past that point where you should be seeing some more gains again?

Have you seen results on the course atleast after the initial progress? 

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W (15*) Project X HZRDUS Green 70g

:adams-small: 2H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125 VS :titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

I know there is a "plateau" or standstill if you will for a few weeks, are you past that point where you should be seeing some more gains again?

Have you seen results on the course atleast after the initial progress? 

I don't recall exactly when the second jump occurs - I believe some time late in the 2nd level (which is rapidly approaching)? What confuses me is that the green and red sticks have been mostly stagnant since the very first session. There have been a couple spikes, but after so many swings now, I believe they were bad measurements on the radar as I've never seen them again. There has been some consistent progress with the blue stick, though. While these things confuse me, all that really matters, I suppose, is progress with the driver on the golf course. I saw the first jump pretty early and my "before" swings are essentially the same as after now and on the course has worked out really well. My concern with the lack of progress with the sticks is whether I am delaying the second jump or if I'm totally stuck. I don't really know. That's why I'm going to reach out to Kyle at SuperSpeed.

Arccos driver stats filtered to before SuperSpeed:

image.png

Same stats filtered to after starting SuperSpeed:

image.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

From the time I was fit into my Mavrik irons in March to now I’m seeing at least a 6-8mph difference. I was barely touching 70 mph and the majority of my fitting shots were around 68/69 mph. A couple days ago when I went in I was consistently hitting 76/78 mph on my 7 iron.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Rescue/Hybrid -  

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

On 7/14/2020 at 2:00 PM, cnosil said:

was not able to make it to the fitter as I said yesterday, I intend on going today and will get the list of what I tried. 

• Like 1

Rescue/Hybrid -  

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

On 7/13/2020 at 10:33 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

Can't wait to hear how this fitting goes!

Regarding your pending Level 2 training, I'll ask the (maybe ignorant) question....why is your Level 2 so different from the training prescribed on the SuperSpeed site?  Unless I'm mistaken their Level 2 adds in kneeling swings rather than the heel stomp and double step.  Those are at Level 4, and at 5 reps.

I know you've been posting some very high speeds...is this a bit of a custom plan SuperSpeed has fleshed out for you?

@Getoffmylawn great question here. On our training page below the standard protocols 1-5 we have what are called advanced speed development protocols. The advanced speed protocols are a way to somewhat individualize the training.

These are typically introduced during the Level 3 training however after speaking with @ChasingScratch about his back issue and watching his swing videos we determined it would be best to introduce those earlier. Much of this for Tony is focused on getting more vertical force and less lateral knee drive. 
We have been monitoring everyone to watch the gains and seeing who might be a little stuck. 
This isn’t just with the MGS tester group as we have an open policy to help with protocols for all SuperSpeed users so we welcome questions and emails. 
The protocols were designed to best suit a variety of players and work for most everyone but sometimes a little personalizing can go a long way with troubleshooting. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

On 7/14/2020 at 6:03 PM, Apolloshowl said:

Been a bit since a update and I wont be doing a full update till after week 6 and I will combine weeks 5/6 together. However I have two smaller updates
First being I FOUND SOME SPEEED!

IMG_20200714_184700.jpg.284eff25c706448e9182bef1e48a3cb6.jpg

I honestly thought it was a mistake so I went again and nope hit 136, then moved to a new spot incase I was in a spot where grass or something got in the way and hit 137 again. Keep in mind this was with the green stick in the final max swings. So bottom line the speed is fast and its coming in full force!

Second was I got the PRGR launch monitor in from @SuperSpeed Golf (thank you for shipping that out!) and for the sake of consistency I will be using the Swing Speed Radar for the remainder, but will also set up the PRGR to see the different. 
What I noticed wasn't too much, both were similar with a bit of variance in the PRGR, BUT it was my first time using it and still getting use to the setup and how it works. 
Have a couple rounds of golf booked for this week so we'll see how far some of these drives go! 

The extra speed is awesome, this is a review that I am watching close to see the results.

• Like 4

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania turnpike and Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends.