Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Any experience w KBS $ Taper Lite ?

Morning all...

I’m curious if anyone has any real world experience with  KBS $ Taper Lite shafts? Specifically how they may have compared to their KBS Tour  (80, 90, 100)? 

https://kbsgolfshafts.com/shop/taper-lite/

I was on the phone w David in their retrofitting team out in California the other day - being from Iowa and they are in California all I’m going to do is make a phone call - asking questions about re-shafting my clubs as I’m looking to get a little more pop, and height in my longer irons.  Good guy, who no doubt spent more time on the phone than he planned, but gave me a recipe for tip trimming a set of these shafts to fit my clubs.  

Just curious if anyone has any personal experience they could share.  Thanks. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

First of all let me stress, I am not an equipment guru, don't do research,  and up until this year have played with off the shelf clubs.  Previous set burner 2.0(last 6 years) off the shelf, prior to that set of knock offs I bought from a place in Florida.

I purchased myself a present upon retirement.  This February I purchased Mavrik Pro's, for the more aggressive loft on most of the clubs as compared to Burner 2.0. (allowed me to get rid of 3H, and now use 4 iron from 190 yds.,  and put in added wedge at the bottom).  I never really paid that close attention but this I can tell you.  I paid the extra(based on fitter who said I needed stiff/not regular flex shafts) and went with the KBS C taper lite- stiff shafts.  I can only say that multiple times including Saturday, I have hit 4 and 5 iron's into greens and the ball has come in at a steep enough angle and with enough spin to  hit bounce about 4 feet and stop.  Now I'm not sure how much of that can be attributed to the KBS shafts or if it would have been the same with the Burner 2.0 (stock/regular) shafts?  But I can say that the combination of the shaft and the Mavrik Irons, that I have hit some 4-5 irons, that I've barely felt and they hit and stuck from 180, 190 yards which is my 5, and 4 iron yardages.  Again I bought them because I was already spending quite a bit on the Mavrik Irons,  and it was my retirement gift,  TO ME,  so my wife said get them how you want them, changes stock grips when I ordered as well.  In technical terms, THEY HIT REALLY NICE FOR ME!  Hope this helps.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

A. Happy retirement 

B. Congrats on finding such a good and understanding wife

C. Thanks for the feedback. That’s what I’m looking for.  Those shafts are not cheap. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I spent some time at the KBS Experience last fall and got a good rundown on the entire lineup.  In short, the KBS $ Taper Light is going to be a bit higher launching than the C-Tpaer Lite and is 10g lighter in the stiff flex.   I have played the C Taper lite in a previous set of JPX Forged.  I demoed them all while out there, and because I was looking for graphite and wanted to give the TGI a try, I had those put in my T300.   

My next set of irons, whether they are the new JPX921 or T200's, I'll definitely go with the $ Taper Light.  While 110g (C-Taper Lt) is certainly manageable for me, I feel the 100g ($ Taper Lt) will benefit me more late in the round and still be heavy enough for me to feel the shaft throughout the swing. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 years later...

Hi folks.

I am interested in buying a pre-owned Forged Tec iron set and where told by the owner that they where with stiff shaft...

On photos it says: $ Taper Lite W and not a weight..

Does anybody know what this W stands for?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, KuJonas said:

Hi folks.

I am interested in buying a pre-owned Forged Tec iron set and where told by the owner that they where with stiff shaft...

On photos it says: $ Taper Lite W and not a weight..

Does anybody know what this W stands for?

Thanks in advance.

Pics would help 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie