Why do some people have reallllly long golf towels?

There is no “Standard” size for golf towels. That said, most are the same length. I guess they should not drag the ground when hung from your bag. If carrying the towel, there is no size requirement. I have both, one hanging from m6 bag and one that I carry to the green to lay my putter on so it doesn’t get wet from dew. I also use the extra towel for sweat as some call it a sweat towel.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

I definitely prefer my towels covering up my knees. But for golf purposes I have actually never honestly looked at how long they are (assumed they were all pretty much the same). I do carry 3 though because the red sox, patriots and bruins are all just fun to toss out there on threads.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Towel length doesn’t bother me, as long as you use it to clean your clubs.

It’s dirty grooves that is the real issue in golf. You can’t trust a guy who’s got 6 years of dirt in his grooves and a towel dragging on the ground.

For real though, I know of two sort of “normal size” towels. One has the clip on a corner, the larger is meant to be folded and pulled through a towel loop.

I guess the argument for is that you have more area to clean/dry your clubs so you could play more. The caddies on tour with large towels probably created a market by being seen on TV with them.

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

The really long ones you're referring to usually have a hole in the middle and are called caddie towels. The hole in the middle is to be able to put it over a club so you don't have to clip it to anything.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've got a small waffle towel and my wife carries a long one that is from a high end Club in Naples. They both clean the clubs just as well - so I guess it doesn't matter. 

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The stainless steel sink I installed in our kitchen a few years ago came with a logo dish towel - a nice quality, black color one.  My wife promptly threw it into the rag bin.  I recused it and have been using it since.  The black color is perfect - never looks dirty.  I had a guy ask me once about the logo name... I'll bet money he spent time trying to find those clubs on-line 🤣.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I guess I'm weird but I carry several towels.  One is the standard towel used for clubs after each shot.  It clips on my bag.  My second is my Putter Tuck towel which is a putter cover/towel combo.  This goes to the green with me and is used to clean wedges, the ball, etc.  My 3rd is a larger towel I keep with me in the cart and is used to wipe sweat from the south Georgia heat or snot during the short brisk season.  Lastly, I have a small washcloth sized towel for various use that is stashed in the drink pocket of my bag.  

Granted, this is when I'm in a cart.  If I walk, its the club towel and Putter Tuck only.  

• Like 3
  • Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
  • 3 wood:  Cobra F9
  • 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 4 Hybrid: PXG 0317xf
  • 5 Hybrid: PXG 0317xf
  • Irons 6 - AW: Callaway CB 2021
  • SW 52* Smithworks
  • LW 58*: Vokey SM8
  • Putter:  Big Oak Havana

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

4 hours ago, JP Labuschagne said:

Hey everyone, 

Just curious to know why some people and tour player use really lengthy golf towels and not just a standard golf towel size?

I always wondered if they just took it from their hotel room shower?

• Like 1

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

I need an extra long towel for the 15th hole at my course.  That's about the time I need to throw it and call the match after I shank one into the woods.  It's what I need when I can't take anymore of this insufferable game, and have had enough, and just throw in the towel and spend the last 4 holes suffering in misery as this game exacts more pain from me then I can tolerate for one round of golf.

Same time tomorrow?  🤣

Does it help if you start the round with a clean towel?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Same time tomorrow?  🤣

Does it help if you start the round with a clean towel?

Yep, just like that commercial where the dude goes ballistic in the parking lot, throwing his bag and trashing his clubs, while his 3 buddies look on silently.  They eventually get in the van, and temper tantrum dude goes, "So, same tee time tomorrow?"  😂

And it depends on how you define "clean".  I often dip my towel in the club wash bin to wet it down, where everyone coming off the range dips their clubs in the water to clean them off.  I really don't care, considering the sole purpose of the towel in non-summer months is to clean off my clubs and balls after they get dirty.  So what if the water is dirty.

• Like 5
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
2 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

Yep, just like that commercial where the dude goes ballistic in the parking lot, throwing his bag and trashing his clubs, while his 3 buddies look on silently.  They eventually get in the van, and temper tantrum dude goes, "So, same tee time tomorrow?"  😂

And it depends on how you define "clean".  I often dip my towel in the club wash bin to wet it down, where everyone coming off the range dips their clubs in the water to clean them off.  I really don't care, considering the sole purpose of the towel in non-summer months is to clean off my clubs and balls after they get dirty.  So what if the water is dirty.

I meant bring a clean towel from home.  Periodically, my wife grabs my towels and washes them because I tend to keep them on my bag beyond gross time.  I usually don't know it until my next round.  Does it improve my round to start with a clean towel...  not really.  😂

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Kenny B said:

I meant bring a clean towel from home.  Periodically, my wife grabs my towels and washes them because I tend to keep them on my bag beyond gross time.  I usually don't know it until my next round.  Does it improve my round to start with a clean towel...  not really.  😂

I wash all my golf towels on Monday, after a long weekend of abusing them with mud and dirt.  If I play on Friday it's clean, but who knows what it looks like by Sunday.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1
4 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

I wash all my golf towels on Monday, after a long weekend of abusing them with mud and dirt.  If I play on Friday it's clean, but who knows what it looks like by Sunday.

Our turf is very firm and I don't take much of a divot, so clubs don't get very dirty.  I get a little dirt but mostly grass in the grooves.  Since COVID we don't have any club cleaning water available on the range, and there is no water available on the course.  We have to bring our own.  In the summer a wet towel at the start of #1 is bone dry by #4.  That's why the bottle brush filled with soapy water is my goto club cleaner, and a dry towel just wipes off the wet club face.

• Like 4

Just now, Kenny B said:

Our turf is very firm and I don't take much of a divot, so clubs don't get very dirty.  I get a little dirt but mostly grass in the grooves.  Since COVID we don't have any club cleaning water available on the range, and there is no water available on the course.  We have to bring our own.  In the summer a wet towel at the start of #1 is bone dry by #4.  That's why the bottle brush filled with soapy water is my goto club cleaner, and a dry towel just wipes off the wet club face.

our course gets wet in the winter and muddy, and because it doesn't get all that hot, it doesn't really have a chance to dry out.  So mudballs aplenty, and well, all of that.  I've got a groove tube too, but I honestly won't go to that unless I get stuck behind the group in front of me.  I literally don't have time to use it between shots.  The guys I play with don't screw around on the course, and just go.  So I clean the clubs and balls whenever I can sneak it.

And in case you were thinking it, I think it's rude to be making noise cleaning clubs and balls when someone else is hitting or addressing their ball.  And by the time they are done, the next guy is up, and I need to get to my next shot.  Well, you get the idea.  There literally is no time to be cleaning clubs or balls during my round.  The wet towel is about the best option for me, and I just soak it to the max before tee off, and it typically stays wet through about 15 or 16 holes.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

our course gets wet in the winter and muddy, and because it doesn't get all that hot, it doesn't really have a chance to dry out.  So mudballs aplenty, and well, all of that.  I've got a groove tube too, but I honestly won't go to that unless I get stuck behind the group in front of me.  I literally don't have time to use it between shots.  The guys I play with don't screw around on the course, and just go.  So I clean the clubs and balls whenever I can sneak it.

And in case you were thinking it, I think it's rude to be making noise cleaning clubs and balls when someone else is hitting or addressing their ball.  And by the time they are done, the next guy is up, and I need to get to my next shot.  Well, you get the idea.  There literally is no time to be cleaning clubs or balls during my round.  The wet towel is about the best option for me, and I just soak it to the max before tee off, and it typically stays wet through about 15 or 16 holes.

So, it has dried out about the time you throw it.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Long towels for caddies as they throw them over their shoulder which makes them easy to use. 

• Like 2

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX