Cobra Connect Five-Pre Challenge Chatter-Testers Announced.

49 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

In a way you are able to do that. If you reset tags you can rename clubs and it will keep you original data from other or older clubs you have used. This way you can look back at those individual clubs. I did this for my i210 review comparing them to the i e1 irons. Also for the various drivers and putters I have used. It isn't perfect if you are swapping back and forth constantly, but it does work and gives you the ability to compare the performance of your clubs when making changes. 

Cool that can be done.  On the FB Arccos page the people who have multiple clubsets have had Arccos set them up with different accounts to log in to, subs of the master account and they just log in with a different account for a different club set.

i210, 10.5* M4 @ 44.5", X, TEE 18* ladies edition, two ball, Righty, North of North, Currently stuck in the 80s...

15 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Clayton.  I'm not part of the challenge, just kind helping run it.   That said, I have been itching to try OL's for two years, and figured this year, I'd scratch that itch!   I was fit by the Cobra rep a couple weeks ago and placed my order.   

4,5 Hybrids, 6-GW in Recoil F3 all playing at 38" 1/2 long.   I'll definitely share my thoughts as we go along, if I can do so without taking away from the competition.   Heck maybe I'll jump in from week to week, just so nobody else has to worry about finishing in last place 🙂   

Whoa, my 5i is 37.5" !!!   Kaboom!!!!  

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:wilson_staff_small: C300 cast irons 5-PW. Fujikura graphite R 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

26 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

Whoa, my 5i is 37.5" !!!   Kaboom!!!!  

I kind of muddled the waters with the way I typed that.   All my irons and hybrids will be 38"  Which is 1/2 over standard from what I recall.  When I saw my above post again, I could see where it says they are 38.5"  🙄

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

My CC5 order is locked and loaded!  Hoping I don't have to make any substitutions but these are crazy times we live in!

jlukes CC5 Order.png

That looks like a solid setup.  On paper that utility club looks like it could be a missile launcher.

I think you'll love the MIM wedges.  That wide-low 60 is great out of the bunkers.

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

30 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I kind of muddled the waters with the way I typed that.   All my irons and hybrids will be 38"  Which is 1/2 over standard from what I recall.  When I saw my above post again, I could see where it says they are 38.5"  🙄

Better, I figured you're playing longer than standard after seeing that.  I'm @ .5 under.  🙂

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

13 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

That looks like a solid setup.  On paper that utility club looks like it could be a missile launcher.

I think you'll love the MIM wedges.  That wide-low 60 is great out of the bunkers.

I have the King utility 4i. I bought it the same day I wasn't selected last year.  🤣  It has 3 adapter settings for loft.  When struck well, it's a cannon.  I never thought I'd ever see an iron carry 200 yds at my stature.  Mine is off the rack, cut and regripped.  With a fitted shaft, it's probably much nicer. 

I use it mainly for punch shots or to keep the ball under branches, as it seems to launch and hold lower than my 4h.  And with punch outs I'm usually not swinging full throttle, so I'm finding the face...  usually 🤷‍♂️🤪

• Like 1

Previous forum tests:

59 minutes ago, jlukes said:

My CC5 order is locked and loaded!  Hoping I don't have to make any substitutions but these are crazy times we live in!

jlukes CC5 Order.png

Love it. Those RDX Blue's are so awesome. Cant wait to see! And black wedges 🤤

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

My bag is locked and loaded too. Super excited for the one length experiment. 

6BB9E36F-262B-4061-8167-5C30185D1AC9.jpeg

• Like 7

Cobra Bag                                                                                Current Bag 

Driver: Radspeed XB 9 Motore 6X                                          Driver: TSi2 8.25 Ventus Black 6TX

Fairways: 3&7 Radspeed Motore F1 7X                                  Fairway:TSi2 16.5 Tensei Raw White 85TX 

Hybrid: OL 4 Hybrid Tensei White 100TX                               DI: Vapor Pro 3 - LAGP 105X 

Irons: Radspeed OL 5-GW KBS $Taper 130X                         Irons: 4-6 T100 7-PW 620 CB X100

Wedges: Snakebite OL 56@54 & 60 KBS $-Taper 130X       Wedges: SM8 50.1, RTX Zipcore 55 & 60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 

Legacy Goods Powell Prototype                                             Legacy Goods Powell Prototype 

-PROV1X or Prov1                                                                    -PROV1X or Prov1

5 minutes ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

MotoreX is a great shaft cant wait to hear your thoughts.

Is the Peacoat Red head the only option they have available or you guys just interested in that head?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

5 minutes ago, LeftyMatt89 said:

I'm loving the amount of Peacoat/Red you guys are choosing.  I think that matte blue top looks really cool.  Really interested to see how the one-lengths work out.  It's temping to try out that's for sure.  I'm just not sure I'd get along with a 38ish inch lob wedge.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Looking Good - I think i would have had a similar set up.  Maybe a different shaft or two, but going to be interesting to see how you compare your current set to these.  Best of luck and hopefully a short order turnaround (if that's even possible these days)

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Smoke Black RDX

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Anything you could compare the motore X to?  I've heard some really great things about that one.

• Like 2

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Smoke Black RDX

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

3 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Anything you could compare the motore X to?  I've heard some really great things about that one.

I would say the RDX Black. Its pretty stiff throughout which I like as I have alot of torque in my transition so the firm/stiff handle feels good to me. I would say for me anyway the MotoreX I had a better feel in the handle over the RDX Black.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

12 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Is the Peacoat Red head the only option they have available or you guys just interested in that head?

Peacoat Red or Black Turbo Yellow are the options for the Driver/woods. I’m leaning Peacoat Red as well. The matte blue top is not as blue as you might think. 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

13 minutes ago, juspoole said:

I've hit Mark's Motore X 6x and my Ventus Blue 6x one after another with my Speedzone head.  They felt incredibly similar to me.  On the 5-6 balls I hit with it I didn't notice a significant change in launch/spin either.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Peacoat Red or Black Turbo Yellow are the options for the Driver/woods. I’m leaning Peacoat Red as well. The matte blue top is not as blue as you might think. 

That was my worry when I purchased (Turbo Yellow) Cant wait to see them against the pictures online, makes it look so blue.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

26 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I like a good matte head, and the pea coat blue matches the RDX shaft better 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CC5 sig.png

4 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Is a Cobra red-white-blue, New York Giants colored bag, in your future? 

• Haha 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

5 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Funny thing is part of my reasoning for the black yellow was because of the MotoreX shaft so I hear ya there!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB: