Most Personally Valued Club  

405 members have voted

1. 1. You have to hit a single shot. You don't know what it is: it could be a drive, an approach, a short game shot, a recovery shot, or a putt. Before I show you the shot, you get to choose one part of your bag that I cannot replace; everything else in your bag is replaced with generic, off-the-rack clubs. What are you picking?

• Driver
    • Fairway woods
    • Hybrids
    • Irons
    • Wedges
    • Putter

Another thread here got me thinking about which clubs in our bags we develop the greatest attachment to. Here, I'm not thinking of mere sentimental value. Rather, I'm thinking about from an on-course performance perspective, which club you would least want someone to swap out with a generic, off-the-rack replacement.

Obviously, this is a tough question to get at, because (for instance) you use your irons for a lot of shots.

So let's say you have to hit a single shot. You don't know what it is: it could be a drive, an approach, a short game shot, a recovery shot, or a putt.

Before I show you the shot, you get to choose one part of your bag that I cannot replace. What are you picking?

• Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:adams-small: XTD Proto dHy 21°, Aldila Green NV Hybrid 105 S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

My 3 wood. My G410LST 3W has shown me why so many PGA Tour players rarely change their 3W. 

Once you find the one you can trust off the tee and the deck you should never let it go.  I have that in the G410LST. Confidence every time I look down at it 

The 3W is the club I’m most worried about going into CC5

• Like 8

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1

Even though it's the newest club in my bag, it has to be the putter. It's the club which is 'most custom' to me with a different stock neck than most mallets, DLT tech so different lofts and even that's one degree weaker across the board, and different lie angle. Second choice would be like @jlukes, my 3 wood might be the best swing club in the bag.

• Like 6

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Projext X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

I was fitted for putter by Guerin Rife 

I can go off the rack for fairway woods - I was actually fit for those and yet ended up off the rack in the fitting.

Drivers are super adjustable and have shaft options on the rack - I could easily fit myself there.

Irons and wedges I could eventually find a Ping set off the rack with a close enough shaft that was 2 flat and be fine.

Putter?  Not a chance I’m finding one anywhere that fits like the one in my bag does. 

This might change if you told me off the rack meant standard loft for irons - that would be very bad for me 😞

• Like 4

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I wish it was my putter but I do not have 100% confidence in my current gamer....

This was a tough one as my 4 IRON is one of my most versatile clubs, love hitting low stingers with it, its just pretty good in many aspects for me.

I chose driver though. After being fit and gaming the COBRA for a few rounds its extremely reliable for me right now. Could change in a few months but doubtful as the summer comes my driver comes alive typically....I dont know how much more alive it cane get but I am excited to see it.

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I'm going to say my wedges.  The reason is that I've had my wedges for a while now and they have served me well and I know how to hit them just how I want.  I can't say the same for my other clubs.  I do fine with the others but there isn't anything about them that gives me the same confidence as my wedges.

• Like 6

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: Hybrid

:ping-small: Eye2 Irons 3-P :Nippon:Zelos 8 stiff shafts

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 54°/58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

I'll always be a driver kid.  When people say "play it safe" and hit a shorter tee shot I'll always feel most confident with the 1W.  It doesn't scare me on the tee and I love hitting it.  Everything else, I would find a way to make it work.

• Like 4
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

My 3 wood. I have too much confidence in that club.

• Like 6

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I'll always be a driver kid.  When people say "play it safe" and hit a shorter tee shot I'll always feel most confident with the 1W.  It doesn't scare me on the tee and I love hitting it.  Everything else, I would find a way to make it work.

Driver has always been a club I relate back to a baseball saying "You hang em we bang em" on a non breaking curve ball. Thats how I look at driver...I am trying to smoke that thing everytime...

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Driver has always been a club I relate back to a baseball saying "You hang em we bang em" on a non breaking curve ball. Thats how I look at driver...I am trying to smoke that thing everytime...

Honestly dude. We get to choose where and how high to tee it up, I get excited when I can hit some bombs. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I honestly expected this to be a more popular answer, especially given the variable lies you could get on your mystery shot. Stepping up to a sketchy bunker lie—or for that matter, some odd in between yardage from the fairway—with a wedge I've never used before strikes me as inviting a lot of unpredictably in outcome.

For me I feel like I can hit any wedge, I have preferences out of certain lies but its really only loft. @B.Bostoncobras have different grinds then mine do and I hit them just fine having never swung them during the cobra challenge last year. I feel like I sound very blunt saying "any wedge" I am sure there are some that would not suit me but I could make them work I think.

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

WITB:

I had to go putter here.  A close second would be my wedges.  

My reasoning:

-If I have to hit a tee-shot or approach shot I should be able to hit a REASONABLY good shot with any off the rack club.  My misses will certainly be better with properly fit clubs, but generally a good shot will be a good shot.  I just might have to factor in differences in loft/lie with my starting line.

-If I have to hit a wedge shot once again I should be able to hit a reasonably good shot with an off the rack wedge.  I'd likely just choke up a bit more to have more control.  I'm pretty confident in my ability to hit a flop shot or something like that if needed.  

-I want my putter in my hands.  I know that I can putt well with most any off the rack putter.  But if you're telling me I have one shot at a putt, I know my best shot at making it is with my putter.  All the other shots listed a success vs fail has more room for error than the make or miss of a putt.  

• Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

1 minute ago, bens197 said:

Honestly dude. We get to choose where and how high to tee it up, I get excited when I can hit some bombs. 

Bingo. Hot zone every time!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

WITB:

I would have to go with my irons. They are the clubs I trust the most and rely on the most. Even for the 4 club challenge a few years back I dropped my driver and 3 wood and used a 2 iron instead and had a few great rounds. 
Plus they have my z cord grips which I am a huge fan of.

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

I went with my irons....but this was a very tough question! I love it, really got me thinking.  Putter was obviously the second choice. If anything this has really made me think about utilizing the best part of my game more often. The irons-only rounds really opened my eyes last year during the Cobra Connect competitions to playing some of my usual tracks much differently. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Currently it is my 3 wood. Lately that has been my most consistent club. It’s a PXG 0341 3 wood. It’s set to 16 degrees. It has a Project X Even Flow Blue 5.5 shaft. It just goes straight. It’s the best 3 wood I’ve ever owned. I used to be a TaylorMade guy but when PXG offered this one for $95 I decided to take a chance. It’s more than paid for itself. 

• Like 4

:taylormade-small: Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/HZRDUS Smoke Black

image.png 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

:ping-small: G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/Ping TFC 419H

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 23° w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

image.png 0211 Irons 5 - Gap w/True Temper Elevate 95

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 54° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105

:EVNROLL: ER7 34”

image.png.11327db90df1932c3b37a9451ae0c6af.png MTB-Black

image.png.fd18714c62bee6a7f146281bd14f1846.png PF210 Laser Rangefinder

I vote for wedges. While putters are personal and have a certain feel, how often do they get put into the corner for behaving badly. Same can be said for a driver. 

My wedges are all built with the identical shaft and grip setup. They feel the same. The lofts are the only variable. I can hit them high, low, flighted, front foot, back foot. For me, they are scoring clubs. 

I will say that my irons are second on the list. It's a feel thing. I don't like the feel of some irons.

• Like 3

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

On 5/19/2021 at 10:41 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Another thread here got me thinking about which clubs in our bags we develop the greatest attachment to. Here, I'm not thinking of mere sentimental value. Rather, I'm thinking about from an on-course performance perspective, which club you would least want someone to swap out with a generic, off-the-rack replacement.

Obviously, this is a tough question to get at, because (for instance) you use your irons for a lot of shots.

So let's say you have to hit a single shot. You don't know what it is: it could be a drive, an approach, a short game shot, a recovery shot, or a putt.

Before I show you the shot, you get to choose one part of your bag that I cannot replace. What are you picking?

I really like this one @GolfSpy MPR! I had to give it a little thought and decided to keep my wedges.

I've played a variety of off-the-rack clubs, tinkered with buddies drivers, and borrowed sets that look nothing like my own when traveling. The #1 thing I struggle to adjust to is always the wedges. Unless we're talking an off-the-rack major OEM wedge, I think there's just too much to get wrong for me. The shaping, the sole grind, the lofts, face milling, etc. all culminate into a versatile tool designed to help me score. I'm not the best golfer, but I'm good enough to be able to make a whippy driver shaft, chunky upright irons, or a bargain bin putter work if I need to. Wedges are an entirely different ball game and the wrong wedge would limit the variety of shots I feel comfortable playing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag