Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

58 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It would be really nice if courses came up with a new color for the most forward tees. One of our muni's replaced Red tees with Green tees and sure enough some senior men moved up to the "forward" tees when they would not play "ladies" tees, even though they are in the exact same spot. Gold, Silver or really any color other than Red. I also thought Red was kind of insulting to women anyway, as better women players played longer tees. Several years ago I played with a guy that said to one woman playing our tees "Impressive you don't play from the tees meant for you" LOL, she just smiled and said nothing while whopping his a$$. 

The white tees are the women's tees (renamed to "forward" tees").  They added the red tees recently, but most of the women still play the white tees.  Most of the seniors over late 70s are playing the whites and/or the reds.  Our senior monthly scramble has people playing from blues, whites, and reds.  Our club's average age was up there for awhile, but aggressive marketing has brought in a lot of younger couples and kids.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

52 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It would be really nice if courses came up with a new color for the most forward tees. One of our muni's replaced Red tees with Green tees and sure enough some senior men moved up to the "forward" tees when they would not play "ladies" tees, even though they are in the exact same spot. Gold, Silver or really any color other than Red. I also thought Red was kind of insulting to women anyway, as better women players played longer tees. Several years ago I played with a guy that said to one woman playing our tees "Impressive you don't play from the tees mean for you" LOL, she just smiled and said nothing while whopping his a$$. 

We have black, blue, white and red tees. The black tees are the super awesome hitters, the blue tees are regular men's regular,  white are senior men and red are ladies. My idea was that they could make the white tees for senior men and regular ladies, leaving the red tee box for senior ladies. I think it's a logical solution because there wouldn't even be an expense to build addition tee boxes. The ones who are against the idea are the regular women players. There are only a handful of us ladies over 65 that still play. Certainly not enough to fill a petition.

I like the idea of changing the color to green (maybe lime green, yellow or gold) to eliminate red. My son's course in Colorado did away with colors altogether using symbols cut into metal markers. They even have a set almost halfway down some fairway for kids.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Played early 9 w Monday group. One of our guys couldn’t make it so we had a walk-on. Oh Boy, 9 holes from hell. Slowest player I’ve ever met.
Name every cliche there is that a player can do to irritate and slow play this guy did it. He is around our ages (mid 70’s) but horrible.
Next time I see him coming I’m going home.
BTW, one guy in our group is a lot more patient than me and he was absolutely livid.
Whew, I feel better now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

We have black, blue, white and red tees. The black tees are the super awesome hitters, the blue tees are regular men's regular,  white are senior men and red are ladies. My idea was that they could make the white tees for senior men and regular ladies, leaving the red tee box for senior ladies. I think it's a logical solution because there wouldn't even be an expense to build addition tee boxes. The ones who are against the idea are the regular women players. There are only a handful of us ladies over 65 that still play. Certainly not enough to fill a petition.

I like the idea of changing the color to green (maybe lime green, yellow or gold) to eliminate red. My son's course in Colorado did away with colors altogether using symbols cut into metal markers. They even have a set almost halfway down some fairway for kids.

We have the exact same tee box designation... Black, Blue, White and Red.  I play from the Blue tees, and White tees are the senior tees.  It's interesting, but our Blue tees are about the same yardage as the White tees at all the other courses in the area.   We get non-member players that show up and don't check the scorecard for yardages who play from the Whites.  It actually helps move the players along a little better.  I don't know why our course did that but it was a good idea. 

At the course I am playing tomorrow, many years ago they had flower pots designating the forward tees.  My wife said: "Hell, no!"  and played from the senior tees.  It's one of two true desert courses in the state according to the USGA.  She was in the native area all day.  I guess she showed them!!!   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, CarlH said:

Rogue Valley Country Club, Medford OR.   We have Black (championship), Gold (regular), Blue ( senior), White (forward), and Red tees(even more forward).  Most women play the white tees, but some will play the red tees.  The red tees are relatively new.  Our scorecard and course rating also defines a Gold/Blue combo, a Blue/White combo, and a White/Red combo.  Our course has 27 holes, although not all #9 end at the clubhouse.  The inside 9 also has green tees, which are set up for a 9 hole par 3 setup.

If you play at a muni, you'll likely have a difficult time getting new tees.  If you play at a private club or a semi-private golf club, you can maybe get a petition going from the members to drive the issue.  The red tees that we now have came about as a result of the senior women looking to play a shorter course.  The older senior men love those tees, as well!  😄  

I wonder how much difference there are between regions. Seems to be a lot of different color combinations of tee locations. In my area blue are the tips, white are next, then green/white two colors and the front tees are red. And on a couple of courses around here we have yellow tee markers way out in the fairway around where you would land your first tee shot for kids/youth. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

12 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

I wonder how much difference there are between regions. Seems to be a lot of different color combinations of tee locations. In my area blue are the tips, white are next, then green/white two colors and the front tees are red. And on a couple of courses around here we have yellow tee markers way out in the fairway around where you would land your first tee shot for kids/youth. 

There's no standard for tee markers between courses.  The course right down the road has completely different color tees.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

5 minutes ago, CarlH said:

There's no standard for tee markers between courses.  The course right down the road has completely different color tees.

Taken from golf canada website. I figured there were differences between countries, USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland.

Common colors

The most common tee colors used on golf courses are red, white and blue. Red tees, also referred to as ladies tees, are closest to the hole. They are primarily used by female golfers or players who cannot drive the ball more than 150 yards. White tees are used by most average golfers and are meant for those who can drive the ball 200 to 250 yards. Blue tees are usually the farthest from the hole and are reserved for experienced golfers or those who have exceptional driving range.

Other Colors

In addition to red, white and blue golf courses may also employ green, gold, black and silver. Green tees are rare and are used on courses to teach novice golfers. Black tees are used almost exclusively for special events such as club championships or professional tournaments. Gold tees can have two purposes. If placed near the tee they are meant for senior players. If a gold tee is the farthest tee then it is only used for championship play. Silver tees are for use by senior female players.

Course Colors

A New York Times article in 2009 revealed a growing trend in golf course design to abandon the traditional colors of red, white and blue. This trend is designed to counteract golfers' frequent habit of overestimating their driving ability and lengthening the amount of play time due to poorer performances. It is not uncommon for a newer golf course to use oak, granite or orange to designate distance. This requires players to consult the pro shop and puts them in a better position to play their best.

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Now we got problems. One of the “Bacon Boyz” has C19. This contaminates 3 out of my 4 groups.
Not sure what’s going on yet but I’m out of golf for a few days until I see what’s going on.

Any chance you had contact or are you most likely in the clear? Hope all plays out the best it can

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Played pretty well, for me. This is my 3rd year playing golf but my first year that I have been really trying to get better. Practicing with purpose, having a routine and trying to play smart shots. First few rounds this year were around 114 or so. Started really trying to correct my slice, minimize putts, and course management. Got my scores down to the 104 range pretty quick with that and continued to work on my swing and playing smart.

Today was finally the day, shot a 99. Never thought that I would ever admit that to anyone but I was pretty stoked once I realized that the practice was paying off. Now I just need to get consistent and started grinding for 90. 

You’ll get there before ya know it. Then you’ll be shooting for 80. It’s A never ending grind “for love of the game”

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Now we got problems. One of the “Bacon Boyz” has C19. This contaminates 3 out of my 4 groups.
Not sure what’s going on yet but I’m out of golf for a few days until I see what’s going on.

Hope he recovers quickly and that no one else in the boyz will get sick.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Any chance you had contact or are you most likely in the clear? Hope all plays out the best it can

Last time I was in contact w him was 3 weeks ago but I’ve had secondary contact w guys who were w him Friday. I’ve canceled all golf for a week and see what happens.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I decided I was tired of watching all the bad news on TV, so I went and played by myself today.  I need to do this a lot more! It was relaxing and I was just about the only guy out there at noon. I got through 18 in 2 hrs. 40 minutes. I shot + 7 for a 76. It's amazing how well you can play when you don't have to wait 10 minutes on every hole.

That’s what I’m going to have to do for a few weeks.

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, edingc said:

- 41/39 = 80 (+8)
- 7/15 FIR
- 7/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 31 Putts (1 3-putt, 11 2-putts, 6 1-putts)

Another round of "edingc and the mysterious case of the missing golf swing."

Back to hitting weak, wipey fades or blocks with everything, including a couple of huge banana slices off the tee. Getting away with it because I'm not pulling driver on holes where I can really hurt my score, and because my chipping and putting are all of a sudden way better than three weeks ago when I was striking irons well but not putting or chipping well. Definitely not complaining about the score, but this isn't sustainable for more than a couple of rounds.

Have a lesson scheduled for next week, which was supposed to be short-game and putting related, but probably need to spend some time with the full swing again to get it sorted out.

I know someone who would have been happy this time last year with an 80....Looking at you @edingc 

The swing comes and goes for us mortals. The best part is that you kept the score nice without your A game. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

On 7/12/2020 at 7:40 PM, GaDawg said:

Man I hate to hear that! Bought mine about 2 months ago and love it. Hopefully you will receive good customer service and things will work out quickly. Good Luck.....

... Here is the response from the MGI Tech Support. Works for me and muuuuch better than shipping it to California::

Thank you for the further information and the photo of the motor controller – it appears that it has failed.  Can you please review the following video and advise if you can changeover the motor controller.

Motor controller replacement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjneRuZAzfU&t=74s

If okay, can you please advise your shipping address and I will arrange for a replacement motor controller to be sent.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

18 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Played pretty well, for me. This is my 3rd year playing golf but my first year that I have been really trying to get better. Practicing with purpose, having a routine and trying to play smart shots. First few rounds this year were around 114 or so. Started really trying to correct my slice, minimize putts, and course management. Got my scores down to the 104 range pretty quick with that and continued to work on my swing and playing smart.

Today was finally the day, shot a 99. Never thought that I would ever admit that to anyone but I was pretty stoked once I realized that the practice was paying off. Now I just need to get consistent and started grinding for 90. 

Congratulations on the milestone and I'm positive it's not the last time we'll say that this year. To be able to shave 15 strokes off your normal score starting out the year until now is impressive! You'll hit 90 before you know it and it'll hook you even more. I shot my P.B. last year with an 87 and was in the 80's four other times. I haven't sniffed it this year, but that desire to is a driving force to get better. 

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I know someone who would have been happy this time last year with an 80....Looking at you @edingc 

The swing comes and goes for us mortals. The best part is that you kept the score nice without your A game. 

Oh, most definitely. Still very happy with the progress. Just amazing how the swing just goes on vacation sometimes.

Also reinforces course management and mental toughness. I've been trying not to get down on myself and that's really helped. Lots of times before poor iron shots would bleed into poor chips and putts.

Better course management, too, knowing that I'll keep an iron in the general area of where I want when the driver is misbehaving.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

18 hours ago, ParFore74x said:

Good work. I am a high handicapper as well and this is my first year of really playing golf (played some in the past but not seriously).

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Here is the response from the MGI Tech Support. Works for me and muuuuch better than shipping it to California::

Thank you for the further information and the photo of the motor controller – it appears that it has failed.  Can you please review the following video and advise if you can changeover the motor controller.

Motor controller replacement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjneRuZAzfU&t=74s

If okay, can you please advise your shipping address and I will arrange for a replacement motor controller to be sent.

This is great news for you! Sounds like MGI has been very good with supporting you during this issue. Hopefully they will ship the controller overnight so you will up and going by FRiday or the weekend.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Best of luck, hopefully your in the clear. COVID19 is scary stuff man.

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

3 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Made 5 birds and shot 80, got hit by a tee shot from the group behind me while I was in the middle of the fairway and still cant figure out a go to tee ball. Tomorrow has to be better or at least a better course with a little more etiquette. Highlight of my round was watching the group in front of me dump 13 balls total in the water on a par 3. I was in awe and applauded their commitment to that hole. 

They sure sound committed to the right shot on that par 3. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

25 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Made 5 birds and shot 80, got hit by a tee shot from the group behind me while I was in the middle of the fairway and still cant figure out a go to tee ball. Tomorrow has to be better or at least a better course with a little more etiquette. Highlight of my round was watching the group in front of me dump 13 balls total in the water on a par 3. I was in awe and applauded their commitment to that hole. 

tincup.jpg

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

Between an elbow injury that kept me out almost 2 months, everything going on with Covid, and a 5 week trip up to Long Island where I didn't get to play, 2020 hasn't been the best of years for my game. My handicap went up dramatically after trying to play through the elbow thing, but it seems like this latest layoff has finally given it time to heal completely.

I just got back home to N. Myrtle Beach, and after two range sessions I've played two very good rounds (for me) on the Dye and Norman courses at Barefoot yesterday and the day before. An 85 on Dye and an 84 yesterday, even though my short game cost me a bunch of strokes each day. I'm really happy with my putting and ball striking, just need to put in work on the short game.

The one benefit of struggling the last few months is with my now higher handicap, I was able to take net 2nd Monday ($40), and was the only player in a 24 man flight to "break par" yesterday for a really sweet $240 pay day.  

The best part though is finally being pain free, and now really looking forward to practice and playing again. 

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

Had an absolute shocker. Played of the green tees, which are so short I was playing of scratch. Had 12 over, which is worse than Saturdays score of 11 over off the back marks. 

I shifted about 1500 lbs of firewood yesterday, woke up very stiff and sore and thought seriously about pulling out of today's round. I should have.  Hope I loosen up by the weekend.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Just now, Peaksy68 said:

Had an absolute shocker. Played of the green tees, which are so short I was playing of scratch. Had 12 over, which is worse than Saturdays score of 11 over off the back marks. 

I shifted about 1500 lbs of firewood yesterday, woke up very stiff and sore and thought seriously about pulling out of today's round. I should have.  Hope I loosen up by the weekend.

You'll be fine by the weekend. It's not easy playing when your body is telling you not to.

It's funny, I never score any better from the green tees than I do from the white, probably because of my horrible short game.

With the new handicap system, I'll move back to the Black tees in a game like yesterday (break par) just to get additional strokes. In games like that, the new system really hurts people who play the shorter tees.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:            :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 22* & 25*

Irons:             :mizuno-small:  JPX 923 HM 6-AW

Wedges:        :ping-small: Tour Issue Glide 4.0 54-12

:ping-small:  Tour Issue Glide 4.0 58-10

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”